Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

How is this a bug, if there are choices that dont open the romance options and others do?

Kira likes the Light side, so a Dark side choice turns her off.

I would agree it could be a big part of people immersion to be disabled but one wrong click though.

It is the only option from the three choices that gets a affection gain from her. A rather large one too. So she actually likes it...a lot.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading about this bug, I've just a quick question: If I don't flirt with Kira on the particular quest that bugs her, I will still be able to romance her afterwards, correct? Edited by xZawaZx

But we're not being told anything.

What most of us want is some communication with Bioware on the issue. Either an ETA or an explanation of what they're doing, anything to reassure us in waiting for a fix, or biting the bullet and rerolling.

It's pretty surprising by the size of this thread alone that Bioware hasn't made an effort to try and give us an ETA, or anything besides "We're workin' on it."

But you are told they are aware of it and it's a priority for them to fix it. There are numerous dev posts saying they are working on it, even apologizing for this bug, what do people expect. You want an hour by hour status on the Kira Carsen bug, or a live stream into their development team to understand how far along they are in fixing this bug? They are working on it, people need to chill.

Figure'd I'd draw a map for people who are still confused about how the conversations roll out:

>>>> Recruit Kira

> 1 Conversation.

>>"The Defector" Mission

> 3 Conversations.

>>>> Finish Act 1

> 3 Conversations.

>> Nar Shaddaa Companion Quest

> 2 Conversations.

Level 36, on Balmorra and sitting at 8200 affection, I'm guessing that is all for Act 2.

Does Act 1 finish officially after you return to the fleet or do you actually have to go back on duty? I got the mission to back to the fleet. Turned that quest in and the only quest I have now is to go back to my ship when I am ready for more. Am I still officially on Act 1? I do know that I still have no more conversations available from Kira.

Does Act 1 finish officially after you return to the fleet or do you actually have to go back on duty? I got the mission to back to the fleet. Turned that quest in and the only quest I have now is to go back to my ship when I am ready for more. Am I still officially on Act 1? I do know that I still have no more conversations available from Kira.

When you create your legacy name, you know you're done with Act I.

This is the point I'm at also - holo call to send me to Tatooine which I have not taken. I know something is bugged because Kira keeps wanting to talk to me, but I can't activate the convo anywhere ie ship, cantina, hotel room, etc - all don't work :mad: Character is on the shelf, sub 40.

Edited by heybarn

But you are told they are aware of it and it's a priority for them to fix it. There are numerous dev posts saying they are working on it, even apologizing for this bug, what do people expect. You want an hour by hour status on the Kira Carsen bug, or a live stream into their development team to understand how far along they are in fixing this bug? They are working on it, people need to chill.

I have only found one instance of Bioware addressing this issue besides this tread. It was a comment from Allison Berryman that they were aware of it. Do you have a link with more information? At this point I am not sure if they are even working on a fix really.

After reading about this bug, I've just a quick question: If I don't flirt with Kira on the particular quest that bugs her, I will still be able to romance her afterwards, correct?

This is fixed for new players. Only those of us who made pre-access Knight-with-Kira our first priority before that patch are screwed.

It is the only option from the three choices that gets a affection gain from her. A rather large one too. So she actually likes it...a lot.

Her description on the web makes it pretty clear that romancing her could lead you to the dark side, or at least accrue some points.

Since romance violates the Jedi code (a quest on Tython gives you DS points just for covering for OTHER lovers) it is only natural for players to assume when they see this poignant flirt option that it is necessary to get some DS points to romance her.

As SuperSair pointed out, she does like the option a lot, but for early players she just STOPS TALKING. Stops giving quests, etc. In no way behaves like a companion in terms of plot, whether your goal is romance or not. It isn't that she was offended and now some options are blocked.

Now ALL options are blocked DESPITE the fact she wasn't offended.

This is the point I'm at also - holo call to send me to Tatooine which I have not taken. I know something is bugged because Kira keeps wanting to talk to me, but I can't activate the convo anywhere ie ship, cantina, hotel room, etc - all don't work :mad: Character is on the shelf, sub 40.

Different bug, though still annoying. This one can affect any companion, and they appear to have a quest/conversation before they actually do. Ignore her for awhile and I'd bet your play picks up as normal when you reach sufficient affection/plot points to actually unlock conversation.

Different bug, though still annoying. This one can affect any companion, and they appear to have a quest/conversation before they actually do. Ignore her for awhile and I'd bet your play picks up as normal when you reach sufficient affection/plot points to actually unlock conversation.

Affection is close to 7000. Do I need to carry on the story ie start Act II for her to chat or have I missed lots of romance/sub plots already from Act I?

Still waiting on a patch to fix this.

waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting

Bioware is really never going to fix this are they?

Oh I am shure they are going to fix it just not for a while yet. I mean people who are just creating Jedi Knights are not having any trouble with the bug that the players who had early access are having but then again my JK is female and not lvl 20 yet so all I can do is wait and see what happens

There have been two dev posts about the issue. Three if you count it being posted in the known issues thread. Of course we don't want an hour by hour. What we want is something similar to the first dev post that was posted here, giving us a ballpark ETA. People have stopped playing their chars because of this bug, it's not too much to ask of us paying customers to know if our characters will be fixed soon, or if it's low enough on their priority list that it would just be faster to reroll.They gave us an ETA in the first post, it turned out to be false. We're not happy about that, but we get it, it didn't happen as expected. What we don't understand is why there hasn't been a similar post when it was clear that the first ETA had passed us by.

Thing is... I don't give a damn when it's fixed. I just want to know if, when it IS fixed, we will have ALL the conversation/quests that we missed out on if we keep levelling to 50.

Like... I'm at lvl 39 right now with 10k affection. I want to know if I keep levelling up to 50, will I get the conversations/quests.

Conversations? Maybe not because they would probably reference something that happened earlier in the game and would be out of context...

Quests? Maybe not because we would be way to high of a lvl..

Hell I don't even know if I'm properly bugged... Is the kiss before or after Hoth? Also I'm wondering that if I skipped a lot of Nar Shadda (Didn't like the planet that much) would we not get the companion quest? Or should it of been offered anyways....

Wish someone would write out a detailed timeline of the conversations and when you get quests...

Thing is... I don't give a damn when it's fixed. I just want to know if, when it IS fixed, we will have ALL the conversation/quests that we missed out on if we keep levelling to 50.

Like... I'm at lvl 39 right now with 10k affection. I want to know if I keep levelling up to 50, will I get the conversations/quests.

Conversations? Maybe not because they would probably reference something that happened earlier in the game and would be out of context...

Quests? Maybe not because we would be way to high of a lvl..

Hell I don't even know if I'm properly bugged... Is the kiss before or after Hoth? Also I'm wondering that if I skipped a lot of Nar Shadda (Didn't like the planet that much) would we not get the companion quest? Or should it of been offered anyways....

Wish someone would write out a detailed timeline of the conversations and when you get quests...

Im kind of pissed about stuff like this. All of us affected have questions. It would be nice if Bioware would get one Developer to take two or three minutes out of their time to explain stuff like this. But you know what?

BIOWARE DOES NOT CARE.

Personally, I think I'm going to stop playing until this is fixed (pretty much have stopped for the last few days anyway). I have no idea what I have missed out on already or will miss out on if I continue playing the game (and I'm too involved with my current character to start leveling an alt). It's not like we can just load up a saved game to catch up with what we missed out on and I'm not about to reroll my character because of a bug.

It's a shame, because I was really enjoying the game...

It's been weeks with no resolution on this issue. I thought I would wait it out, surely BW would address this after launch. I got in under early access, and happened to stumble across a forum post regarding the Kira bug (of course after I started getting into her storyline and had take the dark side option) and figured once the launch hit full swing, it would only be a matter of time before the patch hit fixing this.

Finding out the patch didn't fix the issue for those already stuck with the bug and the glaring lack of communication about the status of the issue for those posting in this thread is saddening to say the least. I was looking forward to leveling other characters, I have a smuggler and trooper started but don't have the heart to level them. If something like the Kira bug can happen, and go unresolved for those suffering from the problem, then it can happen anywhere with a quest, or anything else - it speaks to a gap in QA. Why invest time and energy into another character (or reroll) if I know that this is how BW treats this type of problem. I have a fairly high tolerance for bugs/issues, but the longevity and silence is starting to feel apathetic.

You guys really did a lot of things right out of the gate, from someone that's played MMOs for the past 10 years or so... I was excited to tell people about the game and reached out to friends and tried to pull old guildies back into this new game, but now, I'm leary since something that is so vital to the feel of your character's storyline can go broken for so long with pages upon pages of your shiny, new customers clamoring (rightly) for an ETA and an update.

Please just show a little love for your (slightly dark) jedi knights, that's all we're asking.

Well tonight I have finally surpassed my original Jedi Knight's level on my re-roll.

I opted for the dark side flirt again even though I had some cautious reservations, and it worked fine. What was strange though was that the conversation after was different. On my first JK I remember when I selected the second neutral flirt, Kira would respond "I have that urge again to kiss you..". She did not respond like that the second time around.

So yeah, dark side flirt is working fine. Still mighty pissed off that I had to re-roll my JK. Had I not have had to, I would be level 50 by now and doing end game content with my friends.

The sheer magnitude of this thread and the emotional responses which it has garnered, coupled with the outrageous ignorance and unwillingness to respond by BioWare, is the equivalent of them spitting in our faces.

I have been unable to play the game since I've seen the full extent of this issue, and I have been going back-and-forth in my mind, trying to decide whether or not I should cancel my subscription.

I think I've decided to hold on until the patch next week. If no resolution or word is given at that point, much to my chagrin, I will very likely be leaving this game permanently.

I implore BioWare to fix this issue, if they care at all what their PAYING customers are saying with great conviction.

Just saw this in the general boards (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1224483#edit1224483)

Upcoming Patch | Today , 04:26 PM

Please be advised that the servers will be unavailable later tonight or tomorrow morning for a new patch. This deployment will fix a few high priority issues in the game.

Before the patch is put in place, there will be in-game and launcher notifications that the servers will be going down, so please keep an eye out for these.

We will be sure to update this thread as more detailed information becomes available.

Just saw this in the general boards (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1224483#edit1224483)

Upcoming Patch | Today , 04:26 PM

Please be advised that the servers will be unavailable later tonight or tomorrow morning for a new patch. This deployment will fix a few high priority issues in the game.

Before the patch is put in place, there will be in-game and launcher notifications that the servers will be going down, so please keep an eye out for these.

We will be sure to update this thread as more detailed information becomes available.

We can all only hope that this Kira bug is considered by BW as a "high priority issue."

Based on the amount of time that this has been lingering, I doubt it. But there is a glimmer of hope with this news...