Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what else is on the horizon? Mercury (at least from my location)

Oh, come on. This kind of negativity is no way to thank them for finally seeing to our concerns. We've gotten a major patch almost every week. The latest we could feasibly expect this, I'm thinking, is the 17th. And I can live with that absolutely, knowing that the fix will finally be there.

Rockjaw for President!

Edited by TirJin_Meteos

Hello everyone,

I wanted to give you a quick update on this issue. We know it's been very frustrating and we appreciate your patience while we've worked to fix it.

Our next major patch should deploy to the Public Test Server pretty soon, and amongst other things, that patch should completely fix the Kira Carsen issue. After that patch has been thoroughly tested and verified we'll be deploying to the live servers; we'll announce an ETA on that when we have a confirmed date.

Again, thank you for your patience on this issue.

I have no words to describe my happiness for this. Albeit late, there is hope on the horizon.

I haven't been able to conjur enough motivation to even log on this week, but maybe now I will be able to.

THANK YOU BW!

Nope, you're fine man! The patch on the 27th fixed it for anyone that hadn't done that quest yet. This thread has been a refuge for those of us that did it before then and have been waiting on a retroactive fix.
Ok, just to clarify, if I created my Jedi Knight before the initial fix on the 27th, and did that quest today, I should be good to go?

Oh, come on. This kind of negativity is no way to thank them for finally seeing to our concerns. We've gotten a major patch almost every week. The latest we could feasibly expect this, I'm thinking, is the 17th. And I can live with that absolutely, knowing that the fix will finally be there.

Rockjaw for President!

I'm not knocking Stephen. It's just frustrating when so many of us submitted so many /bug reports with very detailed information over months of beta, with never a single developer response. Actually, we finally did get a single developer response the day beta ended. They asked for character names and servers to look at the data. That led me to believe they were going to fix the issue. This should never have made it live.

My comment wasn't so much negative as snarky. Try visiting Vegas. Just because you can see something doesn't mean it's quick to walk to.

Edited by EJedi

Ok, just to clarify, if I created my Jedi Knight before the initial fix on the 27th, and did that quest today, I should be good to go?

Yes. You should be fine. I did the quest yesterday on my new JK (while my original is benched), and it worked fine.

Blah, get out of this thread. Fishing for off topic answers because you saw Dev activity... shameful.

Pre-27th Knights! Our Roar has been heard!

You going to make me leave the thread big boy? I am fishing anywhere I can for answers that are not being provided by the BioWare staff. The Customer Support area looks like a bombed out war zone.

Obviously the threads there are not being read because they are not being answered. So hell yes I am fishing. Pole and beer in hand.

Did you read the "more to be announced next week" part?

That is the word... trickled announcements and patches to fix the patches. And you don't know what is going on till last minute cause of a lack of communication from the BioWare staff. :(

Edited by DarthRavnos

Hello everyone,

I wanted to give you a quick update on this issue. We know it's been very frustrating and we appreciate your patience while we've worked to fix it.

Our next major patch should deploy to the Public Test Server pretty soon, and amongst other things, that patch should completely fix the Kira Carsen issue. After that patch has been thoroughly tested and verified we'll be deploying to the live servers; we'll announce an ETA on that when we have a confirmed date.

how about a similar issue with Doc? I am at max affection with him and I can't complete the mission he has with me.

Hello everyone,

Great news, thanks! I'm happy just knowing this WILL be fixed and that something is planned, even if the next major patch may be several weeks away.

Communication and information really is a good thing :)

Hello everyone,

... <3

If this has been asked and answered in this chain, please forgive me for not reading 160 pages to find it. How exactly is this going to work for us JK's that have already gone thru that part of the story and chose to accept DS points b/c we wanted the outcome w/ Kira that we got bugged out of? It's not like we can replay that cutscene again that took place several levels and storylines ago. Will she just suddenly have a quest symbol above her head that leads her to kissing us? Just wondering. Thx

alright nice, a response, granted i might not be able to play it before school starts again (17th), but at the very least we know it's going to be soon, thanks for the update at least

now can we all go back to being mature instead of being all "durrr, bioware hates usssss, they don't care about this issue even though it was on the high priority list, etc."

Just to be clear here... we will be rolling out minor patches before this major patch.

But, it's in the major patch. :) More will be revealed next week.

Stephen, I appreciate the communication, even if honestly it's still a tad cryptic for my taste (and luckily this is not Cryptic :p) I definitely doen't want to teach you your job, but my experience teaches me that teasing workd well when people are happy or hyped, not so well when they're frustrated.

I just hope that with "minor" patches you mean hotfixes that will go out at random times, and with "major patch" you mean the one that will go online on the 10th.

That's because as much as we're all (some more, some less) fishing at the bottom of the barrel of patience, at the moment I doubt many of us are willing to wait more than the patch coming on the 10th to get a fix on this issue. I'm sure you people understand that it's way, way, way overdue.

If you have to make us wait longer than that for a full fix, please explore different options, like the reset of the class quest on request or similar solutions. Honestly, you guys can't expect us to be patient on something that locks us out of one of the majorly advertised story content elements of this story based game for more than 20 days.

It's just not reasonable, and I hope you guys know this. Personally, I plan to support this game for very long, so please don't take this as the usual "do something or I'll quit!" threat, but I'm sure many will consider this when their free month will run out, and for many people it runs out on the 13th.

Take it at face value, but my strong advice is to do everything that's humanly possible for this major issue to be solved by then on the live servers, and if it isn't possible, offer an alternate solution like the ones I expected above. Can't expect people to be happy about paying a monthly fee when they can't even enjoy a major area of the storytelling of the game.

Edit: eh. I just read that you guys don't plan it for the 10th. I had missed it before.

Honestly can't say I'm not disappointed. For the reasons explained above, I urge you to look for alternate solutions in order to expedite the issue. It's been too long, really. Longer than this won't look good.

I, and I'm sure many others, am very willing to replay the class quest since before the bug happened. Hell, I'd be even willing to replay it since the very start, on tython, if a partial reset is not feasible.

I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people suffering from this issue feel the same way, and despite the minor inconvenience of having the redo a few hours of gameplay, would be very grateful for the possibility to pursue this option instead of waiting for the "major patch" that honestly still seems way too far.

Edited by Abriael

Stephen, I appreciate the communication, even if honestly it's still a tad cryptic for my taste (and luckily this is not Cryptic :p) I definitely doen't want to teach you your job, but my experience teaches me that teasing workd well when people are happy or hyped, not so well when they're frustrated.

I just hope that with "minor" patches you mean hotfixes that will go out at random times, and with "major patch" you mean the one that will go online on the 10th.

That's because as much as we're all (some more, some less) fishing at the bottom of the barrel of patience, at the moment I doubt many of us are willing to wait more than the patch coming on the 10th to get a fix on this issue. I'm sure you people understand that it's way, way, way overdue.

If you have to make us wait longer than that for a full fix, please explore different options, like the reset of the class quest on request or similar solutions. Honestly, you guys can't expect us to be patient on something that locks us out of one of the majorly advertised story content elements of this story based game for more than 20 days.

It's just not reasonable, and I hope you guys know this. Personally, I plan to support this game for very long, so please don't take this as the usual "do something or I'll quit!" threat, but I'm sure many will consider this when their free month will run out, and for many people it runs out on the 13th.

Take it at face value, but my strong advice is to do everything that's humanly possible for this major issue to be solved by then on the live servers, and if it isn't possible, offer an alternate solution like the ones I expected above. Can't expect people to be happy about paying a monthly fee when they can't even enjoy a major area of the storytelling of the game.

Edit: eh. I just read that you guys don't plan it for the 10th. I had missed it before.

Honestly can't say I'm not disappointed. For the reasons explained above, I urge you to look for alternate solutions in order to expedite the issue. It's been too long, really. Longer than this won't look good.

I, and I'm sure many others, am very willing to replay the class quest since before the bug happened. Hell, I'd be even willing to replay it since the very start, on tython, if a partial reset is not feasible.

I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people suffering from this issue feel the same way, and despite the minor inconvenience of having the redo a few hours of gameplay, would be very grateful for the possibility to pursue this option instead of waiting for the "major patch" that honestly still seems way too far.

they're fixing it and it's coming soon, most people have been thanking the dev

maybe it took them this long to fix? but if they can make it a simple fix which will allow us to get all of her quests at the point we're at then fine, let's just go with that, would it REALLY kill you to wait another week?

I have a question for you guys, I dont really want to read all those posts again so if anybody could give me short answer I would really appreciate it.

I had my 33 Guardian, picked the DS flirt option and got bugged. I deleted him and rerolled. This time I did not pick the DS option, I chose the first one, talked to her, we kissed. And thats all, since then - nothing. Im 32 now, 5000 affection with Kira and Im going to finish Alderaan soon so I wonder - am I somehow bugged again? Did I go through all those levels for nothing?

they're fixing it and it's coming soon, most people have been thanking the dev

My idea of "soon" is by the 10th. And mind you, that's still 4 days away.

maybe it took them this long to fix? but if they can make it a simple fix which will allow us to get all of her quests at the point we're at then fine, let's just go with that, would it REALLY kill you to wait another week?

We have waited "another week" enough times, wouldn't you think? Mind you, you don't really know if it's "another week". Considering that Stephen mentions a "major patch" it's unlikely that it'll go up in another day than the "official" maintenance day on tuesday. This means that if the 10th isn't the day, it'd most probably be the 17th, which means 11 days from now.

That is, in my opinion, too long. It would bring the wait for a fix on this major issue over the month for those that were in at the start of early access and very near the month for the others. That is a rough pill to swallow.

Still, in that case, no, it would not "kill" me (Killing me is hard work and if my previous experiences with Bioware and their rather poor track record on fixing bugs didn't kill me, nothing will. I'm normally known to be on the forgiving side with MMORPGs, many thing I'm way too forgiving actually). It wouldn't make me quit. Would it majorly disappoint me and insinuate a doubt on the ability by Bioware to run a long standing MMORPG? Yes. I'm sorry, it does. I can't think of many experiences in my career as a MMORPG player (that dates back to the beta of Ultima Online) that was handled worse than this. And I didn't say "that was worse than this"; I said "handled". The issue itself isn't "terrible", but the excessive time it's taking to solve, the insufficient/cryptic communication and the absence of alternate solutions turn it into a mess that it didn't need to be.

Honestly, with how often quests bugs happens both in MMORPG and RPGs (including Bioware RPGs, boy Dragon Age: Origins was a mess), i would be extremely surprised (and disappointed) to hear that they didn't plan ahead for this contingency, giving their GM/CSRs tools to reset quests and to activate/deactivate flags manually. It's part of the default powers of GMs/CSRs basically everywhere, and not having implemented that would have been a serious, serious oversight. I seriously hope this isn't the case.

Edited by Abriael

I have a question for you guys, I dont really want to read all those posts again so if anybody could give me short answer I would really appreciate it.

I had my 33 Guardian, picked the DS flirt option and got bugged. I deleted him and rerolled. This time I did not pick the DS option, I chose the first one, talked to her, we kissed. And thats all, since then - nothing. Im 32 now, 5000 affection with Kira and Im going to finish Alderaan soon so I wonder - am I somehow bugged again? Did I go through all those levels for nothing?

AFAIK she won't actually talk to you (after the kiss) until you finish Act 1. Meaning after Alderaan and the epilogue of the chapter that I won't spoil.

So yeah, nothing of what you described makes me think you're bugged.

Edited by Abriael

The fix is in the next patch - 1.1. Take a look at the Public Test Server forum for details.

Stephen just told that it probably won't be by the 10th.

Two cases. Either they push the "major patch" out by the 10th (1.1 DEFINITELY looks like a major, and very welcome, patch) , earlier than Stephen expected, which would, be possible, after all Stephen isn't a developer, so some lapse in communication between the development and marketing staff can happen, or 1.1 will come later, probably by the 17th.

If the first option proves to be true, call me an happy camper that will forgive this very, very messy mishap. It will also be very clever on Bioware's part, as it'll hit right before the first free months expire. They'll definitely get my "Well Played" stamp.

If the second happens, my happyness will be much, much more contained.

Please Lord, let it happen on the 10th.

Edited by Abriael

Hello everyone,

YESSSS THANK YOU! I would kiss you Mr Stephen Reid if you would kindly give me your adress.

If the second happens, my happyness will be much, much more contained.

Please Lord, let it happen on the 10th.

I'm extremely happy either way. Seven days is nothing, considering I was just about to reroll anyhow. Before Stephen's first post today, I was under the assumption that a fix for this was coming in the distant future, or possibly never.

I feel bad because you've been here right alongside me this whole time representing the rational and polite members of our class. Just think to yourself, it's only one more week...

Hello everyone,

Good news. Just wish you could implement the Kira bug fix by itself sooner. "Major Patch" gives the impression it'll be a few weeks or months. And I'm tired of seeing my Jedi Knight going unplayed.