Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From yesterdays patchnotes:

We are working on getting a patch deployed to address the issues that some players are still experiencing after 1.0.2 including:

Fixing an issue that causes in-game chat channels to stop functioning for some players.

Preventing social emotes (like /getdown) from interfering with combat.

We’re currently testing this patch, and we hope to have it deploy sometime in the early hours of the morning tomorrow (CST), but if we experience any issues with this patch, we may hold off its deployment until tomorrow night.

So no fix for Kira tomorrow, we'll have to wait atleast another week.

We are working on getting a patch deployed to address the issues that some players are still experiencing after 1.0.2 including:

Fixing an issue that causes in-game chat channels to stop functioning for some players.

We’re currently testing this patch, and we hope to have it deploy sometime in the early hours of the morning tomorrow (CST), but if we experience any issues with this patch, we may hold off its deployment until tomorrow night.

wait, that was added yesterday during the evening (after the initial patch)

Your post was from the patch we had last night. My post was at 4:26PM today (about an hour and a half ago). The yellow posts are different so maybe there is hope for a fix tonight!

Plenty of people have this bug, specifically people with EGA. Some of us are too invested already in our Guardians/Sents to reroll, some of us believed the Dev post that said it would be ok and to just keep banking or get to know T7, and none of us should have to reroll.

A lot of people hash over the 'importance' of this bug. Trolling of all sorts, but let me draw attention to something Bioware has said over and over about Star Wars The Old Republic: "its all about the journey not the destination." This was their slogan (so to speak).

Going on almost 6 months of this being a "known issue". Come on bioware, "its about the journey" right?

Well said. Im one of those weird people who literally put their JK on hold from story progress and it has not been fun.

Thanks, I also stopped after Voss when i realized that Bioware was dragging their feet on this (i'd say they were working hard, but no communication from the team. 1 post, and this has been broken since september (or longer)).

Your post was from the patch we had last night. My post was at 4:26PM today (about an hour and a half ago). The yellow posts are different so maybe there is hope for a fix tonight!

I have a ongoing thread in customer service trying to figure out WHAT will be patched tonight.

Some believe (and i think they are right) that tonight's maintenance is to patch the patch from last night (which i guess broke stuff for some people?)

I want to hope... so much... but i'm kinda losing faith in the trickle of effort that is customer support communication.

The sheer magnitude of this thread and the emotional responses which it has garnered, coupled with the outrageous ignorance and unwillingness to respond by BioWare, is the equivalent of them spitting in our faces.

I have been unable to play the game since I've seen the full extent of this issue, and I have been going back-and-forth in my mind, trying to decide whether or not I should cancel my subscription.

I think I've decided to hold on until the patch next week. If no resolution or word is given at that point, much to my chagrin, I will very likely be leaving this game permanently.

I implore BioWare to fix this issue, if they care at all what their PAYING customers are saying with great conviction.

Well said. Though I doubt I will leave game, this certainly doesn't ingratiate me as a bioware unyielding fan. I was willing to play WHATEVER mmo Bioware made, because hey, it's Bioware! Now i'm feeling like SoE was actually good at customer communication (and the NGE came out as a very big surprise....).

Sold me on the Knight, and the romance being darkside because its against the code;

Told me that "it's about the journey, not the destination";

The one and only Dev post said "just keep banking affection, you can cash in later, or do other affection;

... contradiction?

Edited by Vengillian

At the point I am in regards to this whole mess right now, I think I would just be willing to drop it completely if they fix it in tonight's patch. I'm at a very unique place where I'm feeling unusually ready to just forgive and forget, if they finally throw us a bone or an ETA or something.

As stated a few pages back, I'm electing to reroll if the patch notes for the 10th come out and don't include a fix. There is a large part of me that really just wants to stop giving them my money because of how poorly this was handled. But I just can't bring myself to go that far. I have been, at times, bordering on furious that I should have to go through all of this to be able to enjoy the game that I paid for, but I'm just sick of it gnawing at the back of my mind and putting me in a bad mood for weeks straight.

This should have been such a different experience for me. For all of us. It should have been an epic journey in the Star Wars universe, the likes of which we would always remember fondly. I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop feeling cheated of that, but I am ready to move on from it.

This was not okay, BioWare. Just not okay. I don't know if I have much more to say on the subject, but this will probably be my second to last post in this thread (other than, "Thank you for finally doing something," or "That's it, I'm re-rolling,") so I just wanted to get the rest of what I was thinking out there.

Am I upset due to a sense of entitlement to a certain level of experience? Yes, I will fully admit. But at this point, I don't feel that I am acting unjustly entitled. We deserved better than this.

today is my birthday, going 34...friends just wished me good health and all I can wish for...health is good...other than that...can I have a Kira patch please?

Happy Birthday and no chance you're getting the Kira patch. I just logged in, still broken.

Why yes, princess, we DO read the patch notes. That exact text has been there since several days after launch. That exact text has been there since before they "fixed" the issue for new players and left everyone else in the dark. The Dark Side flirt option (allegedly) works fine now and they've left the "workaround" there to make it look like they're paying attention.

Bioware hasn't provided a real update on the situation since before patch 1.02. Try understanding the situation a bit before you come into the thread on your silver steed.

I've long since rerolled my JK, but misinformation and people (people like you) hanging off Bioware's every word are the worst part of this thread.

Wait...

So this bug ONLY affects pre-access players?

I just got the game a few days ago...will it bug out for me too?

Wait...

So this bug ONLY affects pre-access players?

I just got the game a few days ago...will it bug out for me too?

Thanks for the reply!

As per known issues 5th jan here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=5533

For the Jedi Knight mission "The Defector", flirting with Kira Carsen during the Ship Intercom conversations following the events at the Abandoned Mining Base will prevent players from being able to receive further companion conversations from Kira Carsen.

Workaround: Avoid flirting with Kira Carsen during "The Defector" mission. Players who have already flirted with Kira will need to wait for a patch before they will be able to have conversations with Kira but will still be properly accumulating affection with her in the meantime.

It was fixed for new players a week or so ago.

Great to hear!

To clarify though, "will prevent players from being able to receive further companion conversations from Kira Carsen."

Does that mean conversations on your ship or conversations where she's involved in anything?

Great to hear!

To clarify though, "will prevent players from being able to receive further companion conversations from Kira Carsen."

Does that mean conversations on your ship or conversations where she's involved in anything?

ship/cantina discussions, not story ones

Ok, so how do we know if we're bugged.

After the defector mission, I selected DS flirt option, she turned me down and told me the council would be disapointed in us.

After the council meeting, in the ships intercom conversation, I flirted again and she told me she had to resist urges.

Later, while doing Tatooine quests, she told me she wanted to talk to me back on the ship. Once there, she told me that sith shouldn't be the ones to have all the fun, and she kissed me.

No further interactions, but I'm not done with act 1 yet, level 33 but shes over 5k affection, and I'm just about to go after Angral's ship.

I'm confused as to where the bug takes place and when the interactions stop. I am a pre-access roll, but didn't get to play a lot until recently. Am I bugged, or since I had the post intercom meet me back at the ship kiss I'm good to keep playing?

I don't want to level my knight if I'm bugged.