Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it patchnote says it is repaired for new characters, so if u picked ds flirt sooner than patch... life is hard.

Btw to everyone, after nar shadaa just skip the ds flirt and everything works fine u can flirt after that as much as u want.

Has there been any dev response mentioning if they're working on a fix for current characters? Having to re-roll seems unfair.

Mine's bugged too. If you check their "Known-Issues" sticky, the message is still the same - they're working on a fix for those of us that clicked the wrong option in the quest, but they aren't giving us an ETA. They said in previous posts it was "harder to fix" for those of us that already advanced past the bug, but when it does get fixed, we will be able to catch up on all our lost conversations, and we will continue to gain affection even while she's bugged, so not much lost out on other than a few XP infusions that I wouldn't have minded : P

Be patient, if possible, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was fixed by next Tuesday, they know it's annoying for those of us still going through it.

• Number One with a Bullet: Players who choose dark side options now correctly receive the mission First Strike after completing this mission.
  • First Strike: Players who did not receive this mission will now receive it upon entering their personal starships.

Well, the new patch notes demonstrate that they know how to fix a similar bug AND correct the problem for those already affected. It doesn't really make me feel any better about our situation, though.

Suffering from the same problem also and am surprised that this wasn't fixed in todays maintenance.

This issue should be a high priority considering how long it has been outstanding.

I also don't want to advance too far and screw the rest of her quests up.

This is exactly my concern, though I've been leveling up as normal with the guild, I feel like I'm missing a critical part of my plot. Hopefully I can just cram it all in after the fix, but even that won't be as satisfying.

I watched the PTR notes for today's update and I knew this wasn't being fixed. Amusingly, Stephen Reid responded on page 5 of my thread, "This week's patch is horrific."

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1064134#edit1064134

My complaint was that bugs like this aren't getting fixed (or, so far as we can tell, attention) but they've made it so you can emote from taxis. Whoopdifreakindo.

Reid dissembles in my opinion, not saying anything concrete. I know what the "E" in "ETA" stands for, and I don't get bent when a target isn't met. I get bent when a target isn't even on the table, because it sounds like Devs don't care. Reid's post does nothing to alleviate that.

"Not everything's equal." Ok, but what IS your priority?

"Sometimes one thing must be fixed before another." Ok, but what IS your plan?

They're aware of every huge issue.

That's the problem. They are huge issues.

They just can't fix it "fast" because they don't know how. I think the engine is to blame, rather than the devs.

But yeah, they shouldn't have used it then. Selling their games with so many game breaking issues, is pretty bad.

Maybe they'll offer a second free month like FF 14.

These guys need to really get on this and roll it out as a hotfix... I have parked my JK in a cantina and have started playing my Consular.

I have also shelved my Knight, which is the only class I really want to play. Now my ToR time consists of getting on my JK and leveling crafting, then logging out and wishing I could play my JK without having to wait for a fix. I already out level the class quest step I'm on. I like the challenge of the class quests and if I keep playing they are going to be a yawn fest.

I can understand why some people feel upset about the Kira bug. Lots of people have been waiting with baited breath for ToR for 4+ years only to have their first experience turn sour. I know when I look back at ToR the first thing I'm going to think about is how my class was broken for weeks and how I lost the enjoyment from the story in a Bioware (who excluding DA2 have been kings of gaming) game.

After patching today still no new conversations with Kira (over 8000 affection and talked never since this stupid darkside flirt-option). I hope they will fix this asap!

i would spam bugs on this again, but since i just had a guildie get banned for "harrasing the CSR staff through bug reporting" i figure i'll just watch the game implode from a distance

I have also shelved my Knight, which is the only class I really want to play. Now my ToR time consists of getting on my JK and leveling crafting, then logging out and wishing I could play my JK without having to wait for a fix. I already out level the class quest step I'm on. I like the challenge of the class quests and if I keep playing they are going to be a yawn fest.

I can understand why some people feel upset about the Kira bug. Lots of people have been waiting with baited breath for ToR for 4+ years only to have their first experience turn sour. I know when I look back at ToR the first thing I'm going to think about is how my class was broken for weeks and how I lost the enjoyment from the story in a Bioware (who excluding DA2 have been kings of gaming) game.

DA2 was still a wonderful game for being a "weak" one, have you ever played Sonic Chronicles?

Suffering from the same problem also and am surprised that this wasn't fixed in todays maintenance.

This issue should be a high priority considering how long it has been outstanding.

I also don't want to advance too far and screw the rest of her quests up.

Meh, Until Bioware makes using their "Metrics" a 2nd priority, their patching and bug fixes will never make any sense at all.

They do not listen to the players, the listen to what their metrics tell them, and their metrics won't tell them when players are frustrated and pissed off. There is no emotion in metrics, but there is play time dropping. A metric they won't even pay attention to right now because "it is expected" up to 3-4 months after launch.

Their lack of communication, prioritization, and number of items they "fix" every patch is all extremely disturbing.

They should be fixing 30-40 items every 5 business days with the amount of bugs they have to squash. And probably double that with the amount of people they "claim" to have working on this stuff.

And those are JUST the bug fixes. We should be seeing no fewer than 10-20 customization options expanded upon in that same 5 day period.

And then there are small content patches that should be pushed every 30 days or so.

And THIS is just going off of what other MMO's have been able to accomplish in the past.

I'm on Voss right now. if it wasn't so boring doing the same space missions over and over for cash, I'd stay doing that. Same with PVP. but that stuff just bores me. I'd be happy playing with crafting for the next week or two or even three, but that stupid 5% speeder increase (might as well have been 0 because I don't see any difference) for 210k (partly my fault, I should have checked the forums before spending the credits on it). has left me with about 85k left. and when missions run 2.5k a piece, and they just nerfed high level nodes... That money will go fast.

They NEED to listen and respond to US. I can already see the slow mounting of frustration from players on these forums. In another month it will be all out rage for even the most patient of people (of which I am not. I have patience for my child and my wife, but not for stuff I PAY for).

Bioware are you LISTENING yet? Because the major issues have threads that are getting longer and longer without any kind of response, eta, or "we are working on it" posts. And don't tell me you are too busy, that is what SR is here for, but you are not funneling him the info we want.

It's not beta anymore. We're paying customers now. Act like it.

Edited by CriticalMasses

I've decided I'm rerolling my Knight the day the January 10th Patch Notes come out, if a fix is not mentioned. I had originally said end of January, but I just can't take this anymore. My alts are stuck just before Alderaan because I don't want to do any quests with them that I haven't seen on my Knight first. I tried playing Sith-side for a while, but I'm just not as into it. No matter which character I'm on, I just can't get rid of the feeling that I'd rather be playing my main.

So, my days of watching this thread like a hawk are numbered. Hoping for the good ending, as opposed to the painful ending...

i would spam bugs on this again, but since i just had a guildie get banned for "harrasing the CSR staff through bug reporting" i figure i'll just watch the game implode from a distance

Wait, wait, wait...you can get BANNED for reporting BUGS?

What are they calling "harassment" in your guildie's case...they reassigned his ticket to an unnamed team, closed it without solving the problem, and he opened another ticket so they don't take their eye off the ball, or consider the matter closed, and that's "harassment"?

Or was he berating them with foul language or something?