1 month into the game -- biggest gear gap I have ever seen in an mmo

ururururu

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it is a joke. I think part of it is due to cheaters on Ilum.

I mean how is it fair that someone else in my guild who has pvped less than me has more gear :p ..very stupid system, a pure luck thing on when you open them bags.

Edited by Sumire

RNG bags is a problem and accounts for most of the gear differences.

Full expertise gear vs a fresh level 50 is

+12% damage

-12% damage taken

NOT 20%.

This is signficant when you take both together, but it is not game-breaking.

It is also very quick to get gear, a full centurion set from commendations is not hard to get with a couple of champion pieces thrown in.

They should add a blue level 50 PVP set with basic expertise on it with itemlevel 46 blue or so, to be even with the kind of questgear you get from corellia or so. For the people who literally dinged on that day. Within a week though you should be just fine with centurion/champion gear.

Stop being lazy kids. Go warzone and don't use roleplay gear while PVPing.

Edited by Redmarx

Also, why not let people craft low end PVP gear? just to make it less painfull when you start coming up again fully geared people.

To be honest I don't know how some of these game designers keep their jobs :p

Edited by Sumire

sorry for being dramatic but why is the gear gap SO big from a fresh 50 to a 1-month geared 50? I just turned 50 and have 41 valor rank. ~10 bags and got a relic so far.

expertise : I do ~20% less damage to them, they do ~20% more damage to me.

it seems based on hitpoints we can also expect a 36% stat difference too. E.g. a geared tank is ~22k, I am at 14k as a fresh tank in 49 to 50 blues/purple's (without expertise).

and this is one month into the game. this isn't 1 year in. it's one MONTH. I'm a month behind because I rerolled from empire to republic to help with the population disparity. why do they have a 76% (36+20+20) gap advantage on new 50s? note : 76% is not even counting consumables or set bonuses...

Yes and since they had the brilliant ideas to:

1) Limit the number of champ bags we can carry to 1.

2) Limit the number of PvP commendations you can have to 1000 of each.

There is NO WAY for a player to prepare for level 50 PvP before he reaches the final bracket.

Edited by Waldorf

Yes and since they had the brilliant ideas to:

1) Limit the number of champ bags we can carry to 1.

2) Limit the number of PvP commendations you can have to 1000 of each.

There is NO WAY for a player to prepare for level 50 PvP before he reaches the final bracket.

sure there is... find a pvp oriented guild with people around your level and pvp in the 10-49 warzones premade style to pratice and work on tactics. When you hit 50 don't even get into warzones for a couple weeks. Run Ilum dailies/weeklies until you get a decent amount of cent/champ gear and voila you've officially made a lvl 50 decently geared premade who is good at working together. Now you can get 20 bags a week and double your chance of full champ gear.

I'm sorry that you are lazy but thats not the rest of the pvp communities fault. 3 weeks in mmo time is nothing to get decently geared and you NEVER have to set foot in the warzones with the geared 50 premades once you're in that bracket.

I hit 50 a little over a week ago and am close to full champion. it doesn't take that long to gear if you do the dailies.

You are a lucky one i am 50 for 2 weeks and make all dailes and have only 4 Items from Champion Set and no weapon

sure there is... find a pvp oriented guild with people around your level and pvp in the 10-49 warzones premade style to pratice and work on tactics. When you hit 50 don't even get into warzones for a couple weeks. Run Ilum dailies/weeklies until you get a decent amount of cent/champ gear and voila you've officially made a lvl 50 decently geared premade who is good at working together. Now you can get 20 bags a week and double your chance of full champ gear.

I'm sorry that you are lazy but thats not the rest of the pvp communities fault. 3 weeks in mmo time is nothing to get decently geared and you NEVER have to set foot in the warzones with the geared 50 premades once you're in that bracket.

What, run Ilum dailies, not on our server. Also having random loot from those bags is retarded game design.

I hit 50 a little over a week ago and am close to full champion. it doesn't take that long to gear if you do the dailies.

I bet you are imperial, who easily get's twice as many pvp dailies done. Rep's can do the same, but this takes a lot of planning and a solid effort. Imp's get their dailies done while being half asleep.

Saw two assassins in full sets with those feathery helmets in a WZ last night who had 21k health each (My friend who has just hit 50 pointed it out to me as he had about half the health). Is that battlemaster? What does a tank look like then O_o

Saw two assassins in full sets with those feathery helmets in a WZ last night who had 21k health each (My friend who has just hit 50 pointed it out to me as he had about half the health). Is that battlemaster? What does a tank look like then O_o

That was a tank.

sorry for being dramatic but why is the gear gap SO big from a fresh 50 to a 1-month geared 50? I just turned 50 and have 41 valor rank. ~10 bags and got a relic so far.

it seems based on hitpoints we can also expect a 36% stat difference too. E.g. a geared tank is ~22k, I am at 14k as a fresh tank in 49 to 50 blues/purple's (without expertise).

and this is one month into the game. this isn't 1 year in. it's one MONTH. I'm a month behind because I rerolled from empire to republic to help with the population disparity. why do they have a 76% (36+20+20) gap advantage on new 50s? note : 76% is not even counting consumables or set bonuses...

full set of battlemaster has 12% expertise... not 20...

The expected value of gearing up to full champ/cent is 2-3 weeks. You could be unlucky (add a week) or lucky (remove a week). If your argument is "lottery bags only favor the lucky", I suggest you take some probability courses and come back. For an investment of 1 hour a day, the game is ridiculously easy to gear up by any mmo standard.

Suck it up. Do your dailies.

Edited by Orangerascal

I'm in a mix of rakata and chamion ( still missing offhand,head,legs,relics,gloves) 51 valor rank and I pvp as a tank. I usually top damage. But I also do that on my alts. Not everything in pvp is about gear. You can have all the gear you want and still not be any good.

Cool story, bro.

Put it this way, at least it doesnt take you 6 months to get full epic like in most other MMOs.

I think most MMO players would prefer six months of competitive PvP play as opposed to 1 month of getting your butt whooped every game. I've played League of Legends for over a year now... I know they are different games, but if you enjoy the experience and feel like you have a chance every game, then it's something you can keep coming back to and enjoying. I'm not saying that every game of LoL is one that I am happy or have fun with, but every LoL match at least starts with the potential to be fun. SWTOR PvP can't even do that, because of RNG gear, faction imbalances, and a host of other issues.

It's like, they should have had a monthly PvP quest and that's it, and every month that you complete it, you get to select a piece of gear. Beyond that, you do PvP because you enjoy it, want to purchase the implants, stims, medpacks or adrenals that would be made available on the side to assist with your game or you want to get better or you just go do something else that you find more fun, but at least everybody would be able to gear up at around the same pace.

The no lifers of course would hate this because they have nothing better to do than grind warzones every day, and taking away the gear advantage and forcing them to play against casual players on even footing is their kryptonite. And of course, they'll be the first group to rush off to Guild Wars II when that gets released, after already souring the taste of PvP for SWTOR's best chance at a long term subscriber base.

sry but 20% ? u know that exp has a dr like every other secondary stat except power and accuracy?

with full battlemaster gear u might get +10% but thats not worth it... a mix of pve and pvp items is way more effective. so most guys will end up having ~7%