Dumbest player of the year award winner!

Uthyr

Ok, so i leveled my commando to 50 and started an alt. Picked my advanced class and said to my wife: 'There it is again, that annoying backpack for your AC. Stupid game mechanic.' So she says: 'What do you mean?'. I replied 'well that stupid backpack you have to carry with you because of your advanced class choice.'. She rolls her eyes and says: 'right click it dummy, it gives you gear.' :rolleyes:

So my level 50 trooper has carried that backpack with 'great' gear in his inventory for about 40 levels, never knowing it was a gear set that could have boosted me when i was a little trooper. :o

I will now keep my trooper backpack as a visible memory of my ignorance. :p

LOL...don't feel bad....I was playing kinda boozed the night I picked my specialization and I must've sold or deleted it. Gone without ever being opened. I didn't even realize I had received a backpack.

Edited by Blotter

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont feel bad, I dont even want to tell you how many levels I went before realizing that the trainer has a separate tab for your advanced class. I just kept getting the training for the basic bounty hunter and completely missed the merc tab. :rolleyes: <-- idiot

I didn't realise the trainer had a separate tab for AC abilities until my BH was in his 40s. I kept wondering why my skill tress kept referring to abilities I didn't have yet. When I finally figured it out, I felt so very cool ... :cool:

Ok, so i leveled my commando to 50 and started an alt. Picked my advanced class and said to my wife: 'There it is again, that annoying backpack for your AC. Stupid game mechanic.' So she says: 'What do you mean?'. I replied 'well that stupid backpack you have to carry with you because of your advanced class choice.'. She rolls her eyes and says: 'right click it dummy, it gives you gear.' :rolleyes:

So my level 50 trooper has carried that backpack with 'great' gear in his inventory for about 40 levels, never knowing it was a gear set that could have boosted me when i was a little trooper. :o

LOL

I did the same thing and it was my wife that corrected me.

Hey how do I get a double bladed LS I see other level 10's with them! I was level 20 at the time...

Her: Didn't you open the backpack the AC gave you....

Me: Uh what backpack

Her: Omg here *click*

Me: Oh ***....... thanks babe

lol

For I am Costanza, Lord of the Idiots! Sorry, it just reminded me of that episode.

Well, the Jerk Store called and they're outta you!

I made this mistake too. I think its because I never really saw any patch notes in beta that mentioned this change. It just kinda happened the same time they let you preview the AC skill trees.

Dont feel bad, I dont even want to tell you how many levels I went before realizing that the trainer has a separate tab for your advanced class. I just kept getting the training for the basic bounty hunter and completely missed the merc tab. :rolleyes: <-- idiot

^^^ this. me too.

Thanks for the great comments all!

Thanks for sharing. Says a lot when you can laugh at yourself. :)

Its easy to laugh at myself when there is so much to laugh at ;) I just hope my 'stupid side' is in balance with my 'great side'.

In the first few days of early access, I think just about every other SI:Assassin in Fleet asked how to get their Saberstaff. I was very close to that same question had I not "accidentally" opened my bag. I just thought it was a left over lockbox from a slicing mission.

I didn't realise the trainer had a separate tab for AC abilities until my BH was in his 40s. I kept wondering why my skill tress kept referring to abilities I didn't have yet. When I finally figured it out, I felt so very cool ... :cool:

I didn't notice the extra tab either right away, cuz it's on the bottom. I think i'ts the layout of the UI isn't very intuitive.

OP: The backpack thing - don't feel bad because it's not obvious. :D

I love your wife. Tell her that. "Thorun loves you"

I love your wife. Tell her that. "Thorun loves you"

Well she is kind taken, being my wife and all. But it is good to hear someone appreciates her, she said. Im real handy for opening yars and lifting heavy stufff, but she prefers it if i dont try to think. ;)

Lol when I was a little Sith Assassin, I kept asking where was my double bladed lightsaber, and found out it was in a backpack that I was gonna destroy. xD

As a lvl 33 Assassin, I accidently destroyed my armor that I had been modifying since lvl 27, and had to spend 20k to rebuy everything lol.