Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More

Seems Legit

What is wrong with this? I dont get the negativity?

Another game I play did a similar thing in response to the launch of swtor. They have a reward of exclusive in-game items for people who stay subscribed from Dec-March (or somewhere around there). Everyone knows it's because they are worried about swtor hurting the subscriber base - they do something very similar every time a new MMO launches. I guess they figure a little stability to weather the storm for a couple of months can't hurt.

BW is obviously doing the same thing. They figure anything they can do to delay the expected 1st month drop off of subs will give them a chance to get a stronger start.

The negativity comes from 2 sides. One side notices how pathetic the reward is. The other sees it as entirely too early in the game's life to start falling back on marketing tricks - ie that it's a sign that the game is doing poorly.

I guess paying 150 bucks doesn't entitle people to being a founder. No, it's the 15 bucks after it.

EA sure loves their money.

The difference is, they've already got your $150 ;)

For the record, they've got $30 from me for next month (wife and myself) but they may not get the $30 after that if they don't take up some of the slack.

"Baby, please don't go. I'll give you a medal, and a new pet name. We can work this out. I can change."

I hope this doesn't end with me looking out my window at midnight to see TOR on the other side of the street, staring at my house. Or getting strange phone calls with heavy breathing on the other end.

Let's not say anything about all of the douchebags in Ilum farming the medcenter while also saying, "I feel so bad. This is so messed up." How about some real character, and not just your pixellated surrogate self. The community could police themselves, esp. since so many of you proclaim to know what makes a game good, and that you're looking for "real pvp."

Wait, what am I saying? I forgot for a moment the demographic I'm addressing.

p.s. I do feel bad for the reps; you guys got screwed. Probably why I spent my time on Ilum at Central fighting over armament spawns and risking getting ganked by smugs.

"Baby, please don't go. I'll give you a medal, and a new pet name. We can work this out. I can change."

I hope this doesn't end with me looking out my window at midnight to see TOR on the other side of the street, staring at my house. Or getting strange phone calls with heavy breathing on the other end.

lmao!

I'd like to propose an additional reward for those who withstood the initial wave of dissent and remained determined to see the game from a proper perspective and just have fun.

Empire

HateStorm - 24hour cooldown ability that instantly reduces max health for all on your aggro list by 50% for one hour , stun/spin effect for 2min , places illusion "Troll" for 1 hour and silences for 1 hour (includes open channels , tell, forum)

Republic ability would be the same, but call it , " Flame of Indignation" or some such.

Edited by Blavatsky