Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More

By the way, the people who pre-ordered and the ones who bought the game on release and were there on day one made your " successful launch". So even your reward prerequisites are full of crap and show the truth of this being nothing but a pathetic attempt at keeping people from dumping you.

And since I entered a pre-paid card when I registered the game ( like I'd give you my CC details :rolleyes: ), I expect I'll see this nice shiny bauble on my characters as they wait for their remaining 67 days to dry up.

Edited by Zorvan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice idea but not sure this is the best time to announce this :)

Yeah this ^^^^^^. I mean, i appreciate the thought behind it and suspect this was in the works before today, but given what is going on right now this is going to look at best like like misdirection or, worse, like you are trying to placate an angry customber base with a token reward in the way you give an angry toddler a lollypop just to shut him up.

I mean, I just saw a thread in which several of your "founding members" are having technical difficulties unsubscribing. I want TOR to succeed, but even if some of the people posting sound like they are young children not getting their way, in reality they are consumers who, for the most part, want a roll-back (not a lolly).

This may not seem like "constructive" feedback at first glance, but I really am trying to be helpful to you and explain this: for the moment, this reward you are throwing your player base is going to seem offensive, like you are throwing us a bone. It's not a bad idea, but the timing is way way way off.

I hope I am wrong and no one is offended, but i doubt it.

Edited by DralenBrand

Bioware's putting their trollface.jpg mask on and taking a nice fat slap at the legions of mouthbreathers with their "I QUIT QQ" posts.

Those of us sticking around because we like the game and realize that the flaws will be addressed are laughing up our sleeves.

The ponces who flounced out with their fists balled up, tears streaming from their eyes and teeth gritted in futile rage about being disappointed by yet another MMO that could never meet their unrealistic expectations are going to absolutely lose their minds.

This thread will be epic.

Wanting a working game and hoping they actually fix stuff with their patches rather than breaking it is truly, truly outrageous.

oh boy, compared to the horrible pvp changed, the constant crashes and my computer freaking out,

Getting the title "founder" just made my day.

Thank you, but no thank you. The last crash to desktop and spazzing of my computer convinced me to cancel.

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More

So why not give all those who pre-ordered this medal in stead of those who continue to sub?

The general forums of every MMO is filled with children that complain about everything.

Seriously, BW could send them all bricks of gold and they would complain that gold is too heavy.

I have a little red wagon, the gold would not be to heavy. As for your comment, poor customer service, lousy communication, and suck *** priorities will kill this game, whining gamers has **** to do with it. pathetic service and design is here for all to see, but still we wait dillegently for them to get their act together. I will not wait past my first sub, they get one paid month, after that they had better pull their heads out of their nether regions and address the community on blatant failures in service execution and priorities starting with **** that is still screwed from beta, like the codex as one fine example.

This is the dumbest thing I have herd all month!

And when you manage IT at state university, well lets just say people with a "phd" after their names can say some really dumb stuff.

Take it from this guy.

Edited by MaliceX

So how do you earn the “Founder” title? This reward is only available to players who have completed either one of the following transactions (by March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST; Pacific: March 18th, 9:01PM PST; European: 4:01AM GMT, 5:01AM CET):

Billed at least once for an active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription

OR

Redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic Pre-Paid Game Time Code

/s*****r