Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, BioWare's been already trolling us, now they are making it more and more obvious to see when we actually snap.

If I didn't know that things like this are usualyl decided well in advance by a marketing department that has nothing to do with patches and game balance issues, I would agree that this thread actually feels like BW is flaming/trolling its own players, lol.

Edited by DralenBrand

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More

Wow.. Pathetic attempt guys ... how do you people have jobs still?

If I was to try and pull crap like this on customers at my job I would be fired in a second...

My goodness I cant get over how rediculous this is...

yay cool stuff.

and whats with all the hate?

what im gathering is that pvp people didnt get their title or something?

ive yet to see something bad in the game apart from a few glitches

Edited by dakkafex

Wanting a working game and hoping they actually fix stuff with their patches rather than breaking it is truly, truly outrageous.

I've been playing multiplayer games since the 1970's. Nothing ever works right the first time they patch it- except in the rare and happy case. It's always the same, too. I've seen the complaints bandied about today on the forum for every MMO I ever played. I've seen it on the mailing lists for MUDs and MUSH games. I've seen it on the snail-mail digest of play-by-mail games. I've heard people say it verbally in my physical presence about a game we played which didn't have any player-to-player communication because it was 1979.

New content breaks things. Developers will always be accused of not listening. Game design staff will always be told they should fix bugs before releasing new content, but at the same time will be told they're idiots for delaying new content.

Some users will never be happy. They cannot be pleased; it is an impossibility to do so. A good game company will simply listen to them, nod their heads and smile, and carry on.

Now, the rest of us who understand that stuff happens will chuckle, pick up the mouse and adapt to the circumstances and play for as long as the game continues to deliver entertaiment commensurate with its price.

Edited by Jimer_Lins

This has to be a joke. You were actually working on this while the game is in this condition? The UI is horrible, the ability delay is a joke, no ToT yet, unbalanced classes are ruling PvP, graphics which were promised to be good are not, PvP que times are now very long, no manditory rollback of the failed valor gain on the IMP side, no meters, no macros, no addons, etc.... And BW was working on a title?

You guys are so out of touch with what it means to have customers and what it means to respond to customers. You spend your money on forum mods that are basically cut and paste bots and post a few blog posts about the future, but you do not deal with the issues. Sad, just sad.

Hire someone that will talk to the community about the real needs and concerns, not a joke of a title.

i've been playing multiplayer games since the 1970's. Nothing ever works right the first time they patch it- except in the rare and happy case. It's always the same, too. I've seen the complaints bandied about today on the forum for every mmo i ever played. I've seen it on the mailing lists for muds and mush games. I've seen it on the snail-mail digest of play-by-mail games. I've heard people say it verbally in my physical presence about a game we played which didn't have any player-to-player communication because it was 1979.

New content breaks things. Developers will always be accused of not listening. Game design staff will always be told they should fix bugs before releasing new content, but at the same time will be told they're idiots for delaying new content.

Some users will never be happy. They cannot be pleased; it is an impossibility to do so. A good game company will simply listen to them, nod their heads and smile, and carry on.

Now, the rest of us who understand that stuff happens will chuckle, pick up the mouse and adapt to the circumstances and play for as long as the game continues to deliver entertaiment commensurate with its price.

qft ..

Oh please. This was probably in the pipeline since beta. The timing is going to be attacked no matter what they do.

Exactly.

It's kind of amusing watching these kids exaggerate and spin everything in an attempt to impress one another though.