Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

Originally Posted by Idockdudes

There wont be. If it ever crossed their mind to do a rollback Im sure they would have done it right away to reduce the backlash.

Originally Posted by Exponentially

"They can't just DO IT, there's lots of bureaucracy involved before they can"

I hate to say I told you so but thats what Im doing.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, my friend got rank 43-51 in valor in about 4 hours in Ilum as Republic. Empire clearly got a lot more than that. Are you tying to tell me that is working as intended? Really? Because in that case, **** you.

I spent weeks grinding valor rank 60 and now the Empire is getting massive amounts of valor and you're gonna tell me that there's no bug and you meant it to work like that. So, "on servers with lots of activity" Battlemaster means absolutely nothing and everyone runs around in level 58 pvp gear within a few days of hitting 50.

If that's not a bug, then you're the worst designer to ever design a production game. Sorry, I don't personally flame people like this, but to have the audacity to step into these forums and tell us this is working as intended is beyond the mother****ing pale.

Hello everyone; I wanted to update you on the issues we’ve been seeing today on the live servers, specifically within the Open World PvP area on Ilum. We’re aware that on some servers, either Republic or Empire groups have been capturing the Ilum control points, entering the enemy’s base and ‘camping’ the medcenters, preventing the opposite faction from leaving their base to recapture control points. This is not a fair or balanced gameplay experience and can also severely affect client performance, so we’re taking steps to address this.

Our intended design for Ilum Open World PvP is that players are instantly killed when entering the enemy’s base safe area, just like in Warzones, and that the defending faction can take taxis to other points within the zone. As of Game Update 1.1, this is not working as intended. We have found the issue preventing this from happening under server load and will be publishing an Emergency Patch to address the issue. We’re aiming to have this patch published early tomorrow morning (January 19th, 5 AM US CST).

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

Regarding Valor gains, with the 1.1 update, players now receive a base reward of 20 Valor per unique enemy player defeated in a short time, and this base reward is modified by the number of objectives that the player’s faction owns. The gains are rate limited per player killed, encouraging players to attack unique players, not to pursue vendettas. The Valor gains players can see over time will vary greatly depending on the activity level in the zone. This is expected.

To dispel a couple of rumors that have been seen today – there is no Valor gain from destroying turrets within enemy bases, and none from killing NPCs.

We encourage players to avoid Ilum until our patch is deployed. As a temporary measure we will be disabling taxi services which would normally take players into the Open World PvP area. However, players will still be able to taxi out of the area.

We will continue to monitor Ilum across all servers and will make further changes to gameplay if required. We welcome your feedback here on the Forums, but please ensure your feedback is constructive and specific. Feedback based on rumor does not help us isolate potential issues.

No roll back? Please someone fire this guy before he can screw anything else.

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

Will the cap be the same for both factions? (50 rep vs 50 empire)

Otherwise we'll see things like 20 rep vs 80 empire....

No rollback? Well thats that.

The leveling up was actually awesome, WZ's and the pvp system in general were pretty awesome outside of a few major issues.

This however is unacceptable. I took 5-6 days of gametime to grind battlemaster. That time and effort has been thrown away for nothing. I will not support a POS company that will throw my time investment away in the blink of an eye.

You will never see me again.

No rollback?

So now when you DO fix the issue we Reps have to face an army of Battlemaster-geared Imps?

You just tanked harder than Warhammer, as somebody that followed this game from day 1, I will enjoy watching this ship sink.

I actually liked you Gabe, when i saw you were this games pvp designer i thought "Yeah! Thats our guy! Warhammer had awesome pvp!"

Edited by Ratham

What about the valor gains? You going to leave those in? Now all of these people who had the day off, exploiting the spawn camp since the servers went up, gaining multiple valor levels, if not tens of multiple will be rewarded for their efforts while the rest of us suffer.

I'm glad efforts are being made in a hurry but a rush job is what got us here in the first place. This is a fruitless change that did nothing but reward exploiters, just like the initial early access wave. A roll back was the only fix I could possibly see, be it valor only or even server.

ill second that all day long! well said

"Now philosophically when you've got open world PvP and you've got an objective and you've got like 200 people vs 100 people like and they're going at it whos gonna win? The 200, so we've been really careful in designing our open world PvP...."

-Gabe Amatangelo

GG Gabe, you probably removed my last post but you can't silence yourself. I won't call you a bad name this time or say you should be fired...

Our intended design for Ilum Open World PvP is that players are instantly killed when entering the enemy’s base safe area, just like in Warzones, and that the defending faction can take taxis to other points within the zone. As of Game Update 1.1, this is not working as intended. We have found the issue preventing this from happening under server load

Do You REALLY think we are so stupid?

You didnt intend to design it this way, You didnt know this will happen and You just wrote this statement so You dont look like group of stupidos which doesnt know what their changes bring to the game.

At least have the BALLS to come and say yea we screwed up, we didnt count with this, working on fix. No You rather use another excuse sayin that the intend didnt work again.

Just spare it..will ya.

I guess I was fooled by all the image shack photos showing valor gain >100 gain every few min by AoE spamming. They must have been photoshopped.

Hear that guys, no one gained lots of valor levels today because of the patch. No need to role back.

Just think this line of crap is what he told his boss.

No rollback? Well thats that.

The leveling up was actually awesome, WZ's and the pvp system in general were pretty awesome outside of a few major issues.

This however is unacceptable. I took 5-6 days of gametime to grind battlemaster. That time and effort has been thrown away for nothing. I will not support a POS company that will throw my time investment away in the blink of an eye.

You will never see me again.

Yeah you killed lowbies you are so awesome. They should roll you back first

No rollback? No punishment for people exploiting the broken system? That is completely screwed up and will probably ruin the pvp environment in the game for a long time.

Also, Republic players aren't doing any of the camping. It's the Imperials doing it because, frankly, Republic doesn't have the numbers. Maybe if you did a decent job balancing the factions. And didn't show blatant favoritism to encourage players to go Empire.

Edited by Esrac