Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

If you dont roll back the valor gain you will see a lot of players leaving, including me.

I spent so much time gaining my battlemaster status, just to see joe random that hates pvp grind it in a day for free epics, leaving this game with no purpose for the PvP oriented player.

Roll back or goodbye

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies/Gentleman at Bioware,

As I am sure you have probably heard about the turrett issue (valor), I am relieved to hear that they don't reward valor per kill like so many people were telling me. However, this still does not address the issue of all the PLAYER kills that have happened in the enemy base over the course of the entire day this patch has been implemented. I can personally vouch for at least 10 people who have told me they have gained more valor in just today's small patch window by farming repubs inside their homebase in Ilum. I saw one character go from valor 31 to valor 42 in just a few hours here.

This, in my humble opinion, needs to be addressed immediately. It not only vastly overpopulates the battlemaster player base, but it also is a slap in the face for us who gained valor the legit way of participating in WZ's.

I ask that a response be given explaining what Bioware plans on doing to address this gross abuse of valor in Ilum.

Almost every person who wants a rollback is a bitter 50 who grinded on lowbies in Warzone. I find it highly amusing. Your tears are delicious

too bad starting today, 50s only entered WZ with other 50s...so you just sound stupid.

I want to know what happen to the Dev blog/post that stated our the new ILUM PVP system was going to blow our minds.... I fail to see how flying around in a circle clicking on chests is mind blowing vs having my new republic buddy help me flip walkers.

Or maybe the mind blow part was the suicide rate from the addicts unable to stand up from their instant death at the farming node known as a medic station.

I've seen more thought and design go into a child's Leap Pad game. Did anyone really thing it was a good idea to have the factions re-spawn in a farm-able location as a good idea?

Really? I mean really? If BW is interested, I'll farm out my time in a "this is a bad idea for the following 10 reasons" consultation service. It will have to cheaper than that your paying and it will definitely result in fewer cancellations.

Also Gabe you and your entire PvP team should be fired and a group picture of you all should be distributed to every company that develops any kind of game.

No company deserves to be screwed over the way your team screwed over the swtor pvp

If they were going to do a roll back they would have done it immediately after patch 1.1 hit. Otherwise they would have to code a script in which takes all the valor gained by people in Ilum (given that the source of the valor is recorded at all, if it isn't it would revert warzone valor too) and test it for errors so they don't create more problems when they enable a script for a rollback. This isn't something that is practically done over a night or two but rather a week or so. Otherwise a normal rollback would completely destroy all of today and innocent people's work because of one of their errors. Also not EVERY SERVER has problems with getting farmed, only the ones that have been having problems are being vocal about it on the forums, much like most things are. Like in many MMOs they took the easier route which is just nerf the valor gains so people don't farm Ilum for valor. No rollback isn't surprising at all.

Did u read what he said? There has been no valor gains form npcs or turrents so why would they need to do a rollback?

Did you read what he said? Players were exploiting gameplay in an unintended way. Why wouldn't there be a rollback?

Obviously you were one of the classless Imps farming on Ilum today.

No rollback? Thanks for making Warzones imbalanced for level 50 Republic players Bioware. Imperials will have used all the spawncamped valor they earned to wear Battlemaster gear. You have also pissed off the other Battlemasters who legitimately grinded their way to Battlemaster because some people only had to spam AOE attacks for a couple hours.

Hello everyone; I wanted to update you on the issues we’ve been seeing today on the live servers, specifically within the Open World PvP area on Ilum. We’re aware that on some servers, either Republic or Empire groups have been capturing the Ilum control points, entering the enemy’s base and ‘camping’ the medcenters, preventing the opposite faction from leaving their base to recapture control points. This is not a fair or balanced gameplay experience and can also severely affect client performance, so we’re taking steps to address this.

Our intended design for Ilum Open World PvP is that players are instantly killed when entering the enemy’s base safe area, just like in Warzones, and that the defending faction can take taxis to other points within the zone. As of Game Update 1.1, this is not working as intended. We have found the issue preventing this from happening under server load and will be publishing an Emergency Patch to address the issue. We’re aiming to have this patch published early tomorrow morning (January 19th, 5 AM US CST).

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

Regarding Valor gains, with the 1.1 update, players now receive a base reward of 20 Valor per unique enemy player defeated in a short time, and this base reward is modified by the number of objectives that the player’s faction owns. The gains are rate limited per player killed, encouraging players to attack unique players, not to pursue vendettas. The Valor gains players can see over time will vary greatly depending on the activity level in the zone. This is expected.

To dispel a couple of rumors that have been seen today – there is no Valor gain from destroying turrets within enemy bases, and none from killing NPCs.

We encourage players to avoid Ilum until our patch is deployed. As a temporary measure we will be disabling taxi services which would normally take players into the Open World PvP area. However, players will still be able to taxi out of the area.

We will continue to monitor Ilum across all servers and will make further changes to gameplay if required. We welcome your feedback here on the Forums, but please ensure your feedback is constructive and specific. Feedback based on rumor does not help us isolate potential issues.

So no roll back for the free valor given out to Imps? Really? And there goes my sub, have fun encouraging people to abuse broken systems. There is absolutely ZERO excuse for this none what so freaking ever. The second videos of this began (which was shortly after the patch) the servers should have IMMEDIATELY come down, and the patch reverted. Instead you sat on your hands thinking maybe this will go away. Well guess what i didn't so now you only legitimate option was roll backs. Then once again you chose not to exercise that, and fix it after people have gained 10+ valor levels in hours. This is NOT acceptable at all, absolutely horrible CS on this, and terrible dragging of feet on this issue. Just pathetic.

Ignoring the one day of Valor for the moment, isnt it beyond absurd that BW has implemented a system where one side has no chance of victory ever? Under what circumstances would republic ever hold Ilum on a majority of the servers when they have a 4 to 1 disadvantage at best? Why should republic have to deal with this? Just because they picked the wrong side?

I don't understand how someone could look at the population numbers, then think up such a stupid mechanic, then look at 3 weeks of PTR testing where we all warned it wouldn't work, and STILL go live with it?

What kind of processes does BW have? Did NO ONE there think this would be a problem? How is this possible? No MMO company has done something this stupid, EVER.

Does one guy over there hold all the power or something? And everyone else is too afraid to speak out or he's super stubborn? Fire this guy if that's the case. He is incompetent beyond belief.

Ilum is STILL broken. Republic will never be able to win. This is working how?

Isnt it clear that Bioware doesnt give a **** about Pvp?

Unsubbed like some hours ago, seems i can still speak on the forums tho.. i bet i won't be anymore.

I understand that some people wanna wait and wait and wait and keep listening to their ******** but trust me, you'll be on the same boat as us one day.

And Gabe, give me a break lad.. you took 3 hours just to write that, goodjob man.

It seems that BioWare has no backbone when it comes to people exploiting their game. For that I have /canceled.

Until they can prove to me that they can make a stand and gain some respect for themselves, I will not sub.

Although, I will say the things they have made a stand on (crafting nerfs and whatnot) destroyed them even more and the whole crafting system all together.

Please, BioWare, I love your game and wish to keep playing, but i just cant justify it when things like this are allowed to continue...just please act rational.

/rollback valor

First let me say this. so far this has been my favorite mmo ever. i have had sooo much fun playing this game. but i can not stand for this. you cant just pull the knife out with out healing the wound. there has been way to much damage done. a roll back if the only way to fix this and you are not doing it. i'm sorry i would love to continue to play but until you fix your policies about issues such as this. i hope you will fix these issues i would love to come back if things get better but until then. i'm sorry.

CANCELED

Bioware took several hours in a meeting to conclude their public announcement and THIS is what we get?

You seriously are not doing a rollback? Do you have no idea of the implications of such an action. An entire faction across almost every server outnumbers the other and you just handed them multiple valor ranks, coupled with the changes that allow battlemaster gear to be more easily acquired and the constant advantage empire will have to complete their ilum daily the result will be an irreplicable open world pvp situation where the zerg is almost entirely better geared as well.

As a player who actively works with developers in Guild Wars to introduce new patches, I can say that their 2 man live team on a 6 year old game does a substantially better job then this game which recieved 100 million dollars worth of funding. And Guild Wars isnt even subscription based.

How is this even possible, either roll back the servers now or forget about any success this game might have garnered especially in the pvp department. Perhaps if the Bioware staff was intelligent enough to shut down ilum ABOUT 7 HOURS AGO this may have been a viable band aid fix but your wayyyy toooo late. Pathetic.

OMG, it full of trolls. LOL

I'll take my infraction now, please.

For those screaming for a rollback the rage would be even louder and more unfair to the players the did not run wild.

Edited by Stormnut

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

Just make sure the population cap is implemented PER FACTION! i.e. cap is 50 for imperial and 50 for republic, cause really, 50 vs 300 is the same as 5 vs 30. Or we will have this same situation all over again.

Hell, make us queue for it, cause its just a giant warzone anyways!