Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

The folks clamoring for a rollback are correct. Ilum needs to be shutdown and all Valor gains for today need to be erased.

Not doing this will only fuel the "Dev's prefer the Imperials" fire.

Since I doubt that you can differentiate between Valor gained in Warzones and Valor gained in Ilum the eventual rollback will infuriate everyone on the Imperial side and only incite more complaints.

This is an embarrassing moment for the game and needs to be handled quickly.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you guys know for future reference: if you want to BALANCE the factions, be sure to NOT reward the bigger faction for being bigger. Maybe a little bonus to the smaller faction that isn't gamechanging would help.

Or simply add some control to their OWPvP! I have never seen a OWPvP this uncontrolled and horrible in my 13 years of playing!

How the hell can you expect OWPvP to be balanced without any measure of control from the server, when the population rations are 1:2-1:4!?

*POTENTIAL* Problems?

I wonder... do they actually believe this themselves, or are they just trying to perform damage control?

Let me help you your wording..

"WOW! We screwed this one up, BIG TIME! The servers are currently being taken down, and we hope to have a hot fix in place within a few hours."

How is there any discussion on this at BioWare?

Shut the servers down now, roll it back now, and fix it later. This game will not survive this if you don't act quickly. It will be remembered as a colossal joke for legitimate reasons and not for the crybaby ones people have been throwing around.

Roll back now.

Discussions with your fanbase typically involves you ACTUALLY DISCUSSING. We're still waiting to hear "oops, we will change things back and rework this out."

I mean, seriously, do you NOT think it was a mistake?

Edited by adrenalinee

I think one of 3 things needs to happen here within the community.

First, like many have said, just boycott Ilum.

This makes sense but will it really get the message across?

Secondly, and I am ware this is a bit drastic but bare with me:

A complete and total community wide boycott of the republic faction.

I know this sounds kind of crazy, but if no one is playing republic, we are in a way breaking the game.

This would show bioware that they have made an unplayable faction.

Lastly, we just do a mass unsub.

I think that is a bit drastic, but if that's the only way to get a message across so be it.

I LOVED this game. I loved the pvp, even with the apparent imperial bias, however after what I've experienced today, I just can't even bother to log in anymore.

i actually save myself the flaming since its not allowed anyways. So in order to stop losing costumers u first gota Rollback the server from the moment it went ONLINE today. Second is to do something about Ilum, poping up loading screens out of nowhere or whatsoever it is. And another problem i see with this update is the skill pictures not graying out anymore when on cd. Why even implented something like that with the skill bars? It was perfecktly fine the way it was before like all in the game. Now the way it is now i wont play it anymore and thats 100% sure.

Fix it or deal with massive costumer loss.

i dont know what else to say... a lot of ppl that play this game has alrady spoken... regardless whether or not BW does decide for fix the issue, the damage has already been done... a couple of days from now when the devs actually fix the problem and i storm into pvp WZ/Ilum i will be going up again battlemaster geared players... it was already hard enough to get champion gear, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get battlemaster...

queue times in low pop servers is just irritating... be in queue for 3 1/2 hours... 1 WZ match that ended in 120 seconds... SMH

only a few options remain, but i think everyone will agree with me when i say that not everyone will consider rerolling... a lot of ppl that has jobs and only plays on nights and weekends would not even consider playing anymore to the fact that knowing that when they reach max level they would be nothing else to but just run on PVE all day long...

im a huge PVP fan and to see this kind of uproar from a lot of gamers is just unsat... if i was developer/programmer reading all these post i would be sweating right now because my paycheck lies on how many ppl actually play the game...

please BIOWARE just do something about the problems... THE DAMAGE HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE, but you can always remedy the solution... :

Something needs to be done about the faction imbalance as well. Give the Republic some kind of statsbuff or whatever depending on the Imp/Rep ratio in the zone (read Ilum).

Please, fix this crap.

Edited by sydh

Honestly,

I feel like this is my fault. I spent all my time on the test server doing the new flashpoints and trying to find problems in operations.

I didn't even travel to Ilum.

People complaining on here should shut up and give constructive feedback. I know most of you fools didnt log into test to see what the pvp changes would bring.

I do agree though, the current state is broken and I hope unintended.

Obviously right now, you should be turning off the pvp area in ilum, no, I mean right now. Stop reading this and go turn it off. If it's not off yet, why are you still reading this? Call it game design triage, blizzard is horrible at it, (but not as bad as sony was), this is your chance to show how you can do better. You broke it, but you can't realistically fix it before the servers need to be up for people tonight. Even a rollback doesn't solve the problem, because you're going to have far too much valour having entered the system, and you don't really want to try and re-implement the stupid dailies that were there before.

This doesn't appear to be an 'issue' as such. This working as you designed it to - envelop the other team and farm them. If your designers didn't forsee this happening... well, I train designers, I can try and send some south of the border for you, and none of them would have made these mistakes, though I'm sure you can make room in the montreal office in the short term.

Even if you make the turrets immortal and one shot anyone, you aren't really changing the fact that one side has no motivation to go to ilum only to get massacred. They'll be railroaded into choke points and slaughtered, or defeated in detail piecemeal.

The only realistic solution to ilum is a wintergrasp type battle. Unfortunately it's too big for that to work on a decent time scale, so you'll need to redesign the whole thing, or maybe push one objective per battle, and make each of the walkers/turrets a boss unto itself to be killed, that sort of thing.

Ilum should be the mercenary commendations (leave in the trading between types). Battles every hour or two, with a cooldown period in between where there's some crystals to harvest for the winning faction to make better ship parts out of or something along those lines.