Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

Sooooo many issues.

Defense Turrets give valor (they shouldn't)

They don't give valor, I killed 3 myself. I wish everyone here would breath and count to 10. We actually have people cancelling because of a false rumor they heard on the internet, *** guys?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If i made it to valor 60 legit and there's lvl 20s getting valor 60 in 1 day with no roll back I'm done. You made it all this way for your game to fail because of 1 stupid patch update. Might as well take PvP out and just stamp it a PvE game. Might be-able to save a few subs that way, This is ridiculous Bio-ware.

If any one else is on Dark Reaper have you seen Ilum? imps cover the area like the white snow. If we are on on a server that 1 side is outnumbered 4 to 1 Ilum is always going to be unbalanced. So here's an idea why not only allow server transfers to that server only for that faction? Or stop letting them make characters of that faction on that certain server. Because that's the biggest unbalance this game has right now, all the kids think its cool to go imperial.

***MESSAGE TO ALL REPUBLIC PLAYERS: BOYCOTT ILUM!!!***

The subject line says all you need to know.

(The Links are from other Posters.)

Some Proof: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32387872/herpderp.jpg

Not good enough?:

Bioware: Well Ilum is not functioning the way we intended, so we are going to make people fight when they arrive onto the planet to do their daily.

Me: 40+ vs 10? Thanks but one question, does anyone at Bioware actually use the thing that is located between their ears?

-----------------

What the hell is the point of boycotting ilum.

Edited by adrenalinee

If there is no roll back, im canceling mine and sons account. Im seeing in my country ppl seling accounts with 2 x lvl 50 for 30 eur o and NO ONE whant to buy it becouse they dont belive game will survive 48 h.

Game with so big potential ruined by human factor aka Bioware and Gms which doesnt know to do their jobs.

gg.

Thanks on ruining game totaly so i can get back to my normal days and playing some casual games when i feel playing , thanks, thx...

Time to escalate this to the devs that wore working on it, and to the devs that are working on the new content, and then to the devs that actually have brains. Find the logs, roll back the valor of the zerglings who abused it, release a quick patch to either make those turrets unkillable or to make them not drop valor. Save your game from instant death.

Those that abused it should be hit with 24-72 hour bans.

People participating in this stuff without reporting it is bad for the entire community.

I've been playing games since I was 7... that's nearly 20 years and in all these 20 years, I HAVE NEVER, EVER SEEN SUCH INCOMPETENCE from any dev team.

I'll be really happy if I hear that today SW:ToR lost 250 000 subscribers cuz of the incompetence of the dev team. That would literary make my day.

Whatever issues Guild Wars 2 might be having... they would CERTAINLY not be as game breaking as what you've brought upon us today.

Developers have intentionally instituted a system to ensure that the largest faction, Imps, have a huge pvp advantage over the smaller faction, Reps.

What could you possibly be thinking? How can a company and dev team as large as yours condone such blatant favoritism at best and incompetence at worst?

All valor gains, commendations, and rewards as of patch 1.1 need to be rolled back and an apology for outright idiocy needs to be made. None of these things will happen until every 50 Imp that wants to be a Battlemaster has the title, rewards, and gear, and then they'll fix it and ensure dominance for their favored faction.

There is no need for discussion. valor gained for today needs to be wiped off. Referring to "potential issues" in this matter is just plain mockery to us, customers. I don't think I need to go into details, your own PvP forums are filled with them.

I canceled my sub today due to the situation of PvP post 1.1.

1. It isn't fair to allow valor to be farmed in open world PvP.It just hands most of the valor to the faction with the most players. In my case Imperial faction can pretty much camp out Illum PvP zone as they please day or night.

2. Illum in patch 1.1 is a failure. It went from the sympatico of the factions swapping control of the areas to complete PvP quests, to farming by the largest faction of players and "NPC" turrets for valor.

3. The result of this is the larger faction with have most Lvl 50s at Valor 60+ with little effort. Due to lag effort isn't really possible in Illum but going afk and alowing others to destroy turret defenses and arriving opposing faction players is enough to keep it all ticking along.

4. Long term, we are talking a week or two here Warzones will be a waste of time as most of the larger faction willlikely have a significant amount of Battlemaster PvP gear, handing them a gear advantage in Warzones too.

PvP died in SWTOR on the 18th January 2012.

You are so sadly wrong! Even in early talks they said that they Didn't want a PvE game that Caters to PvP, but rather a game that is developed around Both PvE and PvP.

So, you can take your PvE *** and get out of here (sorry for the insult, but really?), the "this is a PvE game" excuse is getting old, and fundamentally flawed.

Granted, the PvP aspect of swtor have Not had a great start.

Revamp servers/valor ranks/gear now or lose your gamers BW!

And I want the moon. You can't build the game around both. Its two different games. It'd be like asking for an engaging single player game from Unreal Tournament.

People whine that certain classes are too effective in PVP (operative/scoundrel) but they work fine PVE. You nerf them for PVP they fall apart in PVE.

I've been playing games since I was 7... that's nearly 20 years and in all these 20 years, I HAVE NEVER, EVER SEEN SUCH INCOMPETENCE from any dev team.

I'll be really happy if I hear that today SW:ToR lost 250 000 subscribers cuz of the incompetence of the dev team. That would literary make my day.

Whatever issues Guild Wars 2 might be having... they would CERTAINLY not be as game breaking as what you've brought upon us today.

You must have never played Age of Conan.

The best solution is to just ban all people exploiting the turrets. An exploit is doing something that is not an intended game mechanic. That should balance out the factions a bit more as well since most of the ones involved are Empire and the people doing it are pvpers who suck the soul out of every MMO that exists.

I actually feel this would be too harsh, the current mechanic is lame but it is utterly Bioware's fault. I am pretty sure that those folks are largely playing the game as intended (not just as its coded) when you see enemies you should kill them. Overall I think this is BW's mistake, not the player base's. Definitely rollback rewards/servers, definitely remove valor gains from NPCs, but I don't think anyone needs to be punished.

PLEASE GIVE A VALOR BONUS BASED ON POPULATION!

400% renoun (cough valor) gain for the underpopulated side is a quick fix and would go along way towards breaking up the zerg.

Also, spreading the zerg out by providing different objective locations is always a good plan.

Zerg busting has always been the best part of open world pvp.

Can someone proof he gets valor for turret kills? We killed ours dozens of time by now and not a single time has anyone reported valor gain. Upon first joining the zergfest the valor seems high, but I am zerging their spawn for hours and i went from 35 to 39...

So maybe you guys should step a notch down.

How on earth did this get passed on TEST. Didn't you guys have a delay for a seriously issued bug? Jeezes rice BW. What is going to happen to these exploded valor ranks and these guys milking battlemaster gear now? If it's too much to roll back then you need to give republic 100 valor rank as well, or automatically take all 50's to rank 60 if it's too complicated to reset. That way everyone is happy. This is disgusting.

I have a hard time believing this is the same company I love that created Mass Effect and Dragon Age...

just wow....

I honestly like World PvP so i understand that a server pop will lead to some lopsided battles. However coming from a PvP server in WoW where horde had us outnumbered 5 to 1 and seeing the guild i was in rolled the Horde (we were alliance) every time we went out to PvP.

I can't help but think that half of the problem lies in the small guild and heavily fractured lvl 50 community. The other issue is there is nothing to tie a player to their faction on said server. We are allowed to have characters on both factions on the same server. Some people may say "oh that isn't the issue" but guess what it does cause issues because it eliminates any form of faction pride and or ties. When people have to roll Empire toons on another server instead of having them on the server their mains are on then it changes things.

Lack of ties to faction and the ability to join the other side easily is another part of the reason the faction imbalances in population. I am willing to bet much of the reason for this is that players make Empire and Repub toons on the same server and then just side with more powerful faction.

When players are stuck to a faction with toons they like they will work together to make their situation work.