Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing you need to investigate is how long it will take to roll back and restore Ilum. Then sit down and have serious decisions about how to fix the faction imbalance before you ever consider adding meaningful world PvP back into the game.

Potential should be no where in the topic title. Emps out number Republic on my server about 8/1. Took around an hour and a half to even do the daily. And that was with us standing on top of our turret to help get the kills. Thankfully the Emps did not know they could just farm the turret, but im sure as hell they know now. We need some sort of spawn protection and a zone buff for Republic since we have never had more people in Ilum then the Empire does. While in Ilum doing the daily, it was around 6-8 to around 40. How fair is this new system for Ilum for the republic side? Went from around 15 min's to do a daily, which is a aceptiable time, to this. . . Either put back the old system untill you dumb as hell team can think of a new, more balanced system to implement in Ilum or give us some sort of system to keep the Emps from farming our spawns.

The folks clamoring for a rollback are correct. Ilum needs to be shutdown and all Valor gains for today need to be erased.

Not doing this will only fuel the "Dev's prefer the Imperials" fire.

Since I doubt that you can differentiate between Valor gained in Warzones and Valor gained in Ilum the eventual rollback will infuriate everyone on the Imperial side and only incite more complaints.

This is an embarrassing moment for the game and needs to be handled quickly.

^This.

BW, you need to IMMEDIATELY ROLL BACK AND HOT FIX this patch, as it relates to the Valor Point exploits on Ilum. With the exploits taking place, you have permanently impacted the Valor Point economy in such a way as to make future gear and grind meaningless.

For the love of all that is sacred, ROLL IT BACK IMMEDIATELY.

Edited by Seattlite

I agree that this is a major flub-up. They do need to roll back the valor gains from today, for the sake of game balance. Exploiting a bug should not be rewarded in any way, shape, or form. Will a rollback piss people off? Yes, most certainly; however, it is necessary especially given the extreme population imbalances on servers. If this keeps up much longer, Republics will just stop playing pvp, especially since 50s now have their own bracket. Now that Sith can bypass MONTHS of pvp grinding to get to a valor level not even used in the game yet, Republics will be outgeared every step of the way.

PS - this also works for Republic heavy servers, but there are FAR fewer and the ratios aren't nearly as bad as the Sith:Republic.

I agree with you.

On the side note, please give me a name of at least one PvP server with good population and a decent republic/empire ratio, or republic heavy as you called it, because me and my friends might just re-roll over there, if such a server exists.

Response would be much appreciated from anyone who can tell me about such a server honestly.

I , for one, am amused.

Now, I'm going to keep this as polite as possible, but I want to be perfectly clear that this is nothing less than incompetence. Period, plain and simple.

It's not stupidity. And it's not a "plot". I'm sure the people who planned these changes didn't anticipate this ... and that makes them incompetent.

It is not up to the playerbase to balance themselves, or police themselves, or figure out how to make your systems work. That is what program managers and crisis managers are supposed to be doing. Not just putting the pieces in place, but asking the serious "what if" scenarios.

There's quite a bit wrong with this patch that can be addressed elsewhere. But the main loss of focus involved in trying to do 50 things at once only resulted in mediocre results across the board, and the literal destruction of Ilum.

You are losing subscribers as I type this. You built up hype about this patch for weeks, with delays and web intereviews and podcasts and what not. And now it is here and people are enraged, and your damage control spin is simply not going to be taken at face value.

So...my questions;

1) Why should I trust future patches to this game to be any more competent in predicting easily foreseen issues or demonstrating technical competence?

2) Why should I continue subbing to a game where the consensus seems to be catering only to the easily pleased and half-way fixing everything rather than going for polish and actual heft?

3) Given the poor long-term ramifications of this "fix", should I worry now that your so-called "adjustments" to Slicing , Cybertech and Biochem are equally short-sighted and poorly planned?

sry in advance but im kinda pissed, so i will confront you with enormous ugly letters... Btw: Im kinda reasonable most of the time

unsubscribed.

Fix ilum & reset all valor

gained by imps today

btw: Fix general imbalance between imp/rep skills

& voidstar exploits

--> instant resubscribe

^ qfe

+1

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

"Potential issues" ...are you serious? Here's the definition of "potential":

po·ten·tial

   [puh-ten-shuhl]

adjective

possible, as opposed to actual

This would have been a POTENTIAL issue BEFORE the patch. DUH

What an absolute mess.

Just pass this fine quote on to the pvp dev team for me :)

"You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords."

I think it demonstrates how most players currently feel.

SWTOR is a PvE game.

SWTOR's PvP will always suck because it isn't designed for PvP and the problems are fundementally unfixable.

You are so sadly wrong! Even in early talks they said that they Didn't want a PvE game that Caters to PvP, but rather a game that is developed around Both PvE and PvP.

So, you can take your PvE *** and get out of here (sorry for the insult, but really?), the "this is a PvE game" excuse is getting old, and fundamentally flawed.

Granted, the PvP aspect of swtor have Not had a great start.

Revamp servers/valor ranks/gear now or lose your gamers BW!

This is exactly what's going on!

I am trying to get a video of my level 20 going from rank 20 to 60 if I can get this video file to compress. I will probably make a timeline and do some math which gives statistic on how much valor I've earned in the amount I spent being AFK.

Sorry Bioware, accept that this patch failed pvp miserably and suck it up and let everyone know that there will be a server rollback! There is no other way around this!

I've already canceled my subs but will reconsider if there is a rollback because it's just not fair for us that really grinded for the valor by doing warzones and real open world pvp.