Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

why dont i have the option to go rogue on my faction become a republic agent or something.

i haven't done a warzone yet, but if its any worse for que time than WoW then guess who's going back.

LETS GO BERSERK

only got legacy exp for downing a turret

Edited by Truepk

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sry in advance but im kinda pissed, so I will confront you with enormous ugly letters... btw: im kinda reasonable most of the time

UNSUBSCRIBED.

FIX ILUM & RESET ALL VALOR

GAINED BY IMPS TODAY

BTW: FIX GENERAL IMBALANCE BETWEEN IMP/REP SKILLS

& VOIDSTAR EXPLOITS

--> INSTANT RESUBSCRIBE

Edited by OnDivineWinds

The issue is two fold.

First you have the obvious population imbalance making it either impossible or incredibly unfun to do the quest.

Second you have the Ilum buff which only accounts for nodes held. This will be impossible for the Republic to do anything about, thus handing 200 free Valor to Empire without any effort what so ever. This makes the Battlemaster valor grind much more difficult for Republic when you're facing opponents with far better gear.

This is a grave oversight and I don't even know how this change was put into live. Whoever made this decision cost this game subscribers.

1.Rollback all valor gains after patch made on illium.

2.Close Illium, reinvnet Illium, just change it.

3.Get better netcode engineers, outsource it if you have to.

THEN maybe Ill reconsider subscribing.

Im pissed because I actually liked the game (and grinded warzones for battlemaster as republic on an underdog server Legions of Lettow EU)

I back ^^ this 100%... I'm in the same boat. Let's see something happen NOW BW!:mad:

A roaming "Hero" world boss NPC in the base - that can one shot AOE would solve this.

A TRUE Sith Lord or a Jedi Master (Darth Vader / Yoda) that would require a truly epic level assault to take down. Bring the power and take the base if you can, but be prepared for an epic fight.

Or if that's too hard, just bump the power of the turrets themselves to 10K explosive damage with extended range.

Problem solved.

Don't flag players inside their base. Wait till they stray outside. Players are stuck in their base by the med bots currently.

Rollback valor to pre patch values Way too much and the turrets are giving it. What the hell? Its a stat for PvP not for killing a PVE enemy.

Remove the turrets no more grinding them and players who flag outside can't then hide by them when they're chased. P.S. DON'T BE RETARDED AND REMOVE THESE WITHOUT FIRST REMOVING THE AUTO FLAG INSIDE BASES

Fire your beta testers they're totally useless and this is the latest in a long line of faults which testing should have picked up.

Allow faction changes Faction balance is the main problem and no way in hell am I switching to Republic and having to grind all my gear/valor again

Block the PvP Zone on Ilum with immediate effect All players currently there, warp them back to their respective fleets or landing zones. Block the area until you've sorted it.

While you sit around looking for solutions, the problem is getting worse. I want republic players to keep playing. I hate Huttball.

BIOWARE:

If you want us to do world pvp please fix your servers to handle the lag.

Ilum is a huge lag fest now. I play a melee shadow and when as soon as i enter combat i have to pray that i get a kill in before i die...then repeat 29 more times.

The range classes have a huge advantage as they stand in their pack of team mates. If a melee approaches they get stunned then die. 1v1 I can take on most classes but not when the lag from 20 other people (most of them casting AEs) is crushing me.

I play Republic and the only reason i got my 30 kills today was because the sith forced our backs to our base and we turtled there and killed one or two every few minutes.

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

I think u forgot :THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE

BIOWARE WHY DID YOU NOT TEST THIS AT ALL?

After 18 months of testing, you spent a massive amount of time and effort to test the leveling game. I was in General Testing from late June all the way up until the end. Not once did you test the endgame. You think it's acceptable to have paying customers test your game for you?

You think you could test open world PvP internally?

Seriously. Next time you make an MMO, actually test the whole game. Not the one people spend 1-3 weeks playing, I'm talking the one people spend 1-3 years playing.

GG.

Don't flag players inside their base. Wait till they stray outside. Players are stuck in their base by the med bots currently.

Rollback valor to pre patch values Way too much and the turrets are giving it. What the hell? Its a stat for PvP not for killing a PVE enemy.

Remove the turrets no more grinding them and players who flag outside can't then hide by them when they're chased. P.S. DON'T BE RETARDED AND REMOVE THESE WITHOUT FIRST REMOVING THE AUTO FLAG INSIDE BASES

Fire your beta testers they're totally useless and this is the latest in a long line of faults which testing should have picked up.

Allow faction changes Faction balance is the main problem and no way in hell am I switching to Republic and having to grind all my gear/valor again

Block the PvP Zone on Ilum with immediate effect All players currently there, warp them back to their respective fleets or landing zones. Block the area until you've sorted it.

While you sit around looking for solutions, the problem is getting worse. I want republic players to keep playing. I hate Huttball.

QFT.Do the same ^^

Start your marketing team working on that "Come back and try The Old Republic for FREE!" email, because I have already canceled.

Basically there is no point continuing to pay for this game when clearly you guys have no idea what you're doing. I can't even support you now in the hopes you'll get better with experience, because you cant fix incompetence with experience.