Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see what they tried to accomplish with the new cooldown method, but I hate it. Before, I could tell when something was on or off cooldown at a glance... now, I have to double check for even a "sliver" of the cooldown overlay.

More often than not, I miss the tiniest sliver and think something is ready for use... and it isn't.

So BW, please, change it back. It wasn't really broken before.

Somebody way earlier posted it, not sure where now...but after running into this problem on my warrior, I really want a number count down on my cd's for the last 9 seconds, that would make everything great for me...has gotten harder to play since this was implemented.

OK the cooldowns still haven't been fixed in 1.1.1b and I am not sure wether Bioware even know what we are talking about in this thread. Let me get this straight:

1. You introduce a change to cooldown display in patch 1.1. The change is exactly as described in patch notes:

The cooldown indicator on hotbars no longer causes all ability icons to appear grayed out (unusable). Now, when an ability is on cooldown, it will not be grayed out if its activation conditions (like resource costs or range) are met.

2. People are pissed off with the change which makes them focus on bottom 1mm of their skill icons rather than combat. You get numerous posts on the issue in the forums. Largest of them has 750+ replies. That's when you come in and answer:

Originally Posted by Tinasa

You changed the Ability Cool down graphics without request from the players. We can no longer tell when our abilities are cooled down. This problem makes the ability delay problem worse. 700+ replies and more then 70 pages including other threads about this topic exits.

Not one BioWare reply yet. Please REVERT The changes. Thank you.

We've seen your feedback on the change and the team is working on improvements to ability cooldown readability as we speak.

GeorgZoeller General Discussion -> Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

We hear your feedback and are working on adjustments to increase the readability of the cooldown UI in an upcoming patch.

-- Georg

3. No fix on Public Test Server. I ask if you are about to fix cooldown display in 1.1.1. A moderator directs me to this thread and tells me:

In regards to 1.1.1 Patch Notes, there is this following information regarding what is being effected for the Global Coodown:

Quote:

General

Fixed a bug that could cause the Global Cooldown to appear as if it has been cancelled when it is actually still in effect, resulting in a feeling of unresponsiveness to input.

This has nothing to do with the issue discussed hereby and clearly the moderator has no idea what he is talking about.

4. Patch comes out - no fix. I thought the team was supposed to be working on this and the team heard our feedback. Apparently, that wasn't the case. And I started to wonder if you are aware of "not greyed out issue" which you introduced (broke) in 1.1

I ask you for the last time: Will you fix the issue of cooldown display of abilities that are not usable but not greyed out which you introduced in patch 1.1? Will you revert it? Will you make it optional? Will you come up with something else?

Edited by vandana_

OK the cooldowns still haven't been fixed in 1.1.1b and I am not sure wether Bioware even know what we are talking about in this thread. Let me get this straight:

1. You introduce a change to cooldown display in patch 1.1. The change is exactly as described in patch notes:

The cooldown indicator on hotbars no longer causes all ability icons to appear grayed out (unusable). Now, when an ability is on cooldown, it will not be grayed out if its activation conditions (like resource costs or range) are met.

2. People are pissed off with the change which makes them focus on bottom 1mm of their skill icons rather than combat. You get numerous posts on the issue in the forums. Largest of them has 750+ replies. That's when you come in and answer:

Originally Posted by Tinasa

You changed the Ability Cool down graphics without request from the players. We can no longer tell when our abilities are cooled down. This problem makes the ability delay problem worse. 700+ replies and more then 70 pages including other threads about this topic exits.

Not one BioWare reply yet. Please REVERT The changes. Thank you.

We've seen your feedback on the change and the team is working on improvements to ability cooldown readability as we speak.

GeorgZoeller General Discussion -> Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

We hear your feedback and are working on adjustments to increase the readability of the cooldown UI in an upcoming patch.

-- Georg

3. No fix on Public Test Server. I ask if you are about to fix cooldown display in 1.1.1. A moderator directs me to this thread and tells me:

In regards to 1.1.1 Patch Notes, there is this following information regarding what is being effected for the Global Coodown:

Quote:

General

Fixed a bug that could cause the Global Cooldown to appear as if it has been cancelled when it is actually still in effect, resulting in a feeling of unresponsiveness to input.

This has nothing to do with the issue discussed hereby and clearly the moderator has no idea what he is talking about.

4. Patch comes out - no fix. I thought the team was supposed to be working on this and the team heard our feedback. Apparently, that wasn't the case. And I started to wonder if you are aware of "not greyed out issue" which you introduced (broke) in 1.1

I ask you for the last time: Will you fix the issue of cooldown display of abilities that are not usable but not greyed out which you introduced in patch 1.1? Will you revert it? Will you make it optional? Will you come up with something else?

bump because this is really ruining my quality of life playing the game.

hehehe funny. Do you have any idea how many issues that are being reported today were identified since day 1 in beta many months ago? Pretty much every single thing you see on these forums today apart from this particular one. This is a special case, they introduced it with a patch. But hey, if ppl reported it on the PTR (you know like the Ilum PvP thing) it wouldn't make it on live, right? Right??

GeorgZoeller General Discussion -> Delays are gone!

(...)

We've heard your mixed feedback regarding the new cooldown animation that was part of patch 1.1, and we have improvements to the readability of that UI coming down the pipe.

(...)

Guess that's my answer. I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by vandana_

This is where I disagree. I don't see the new hotbar as a problem at all. I can tell when all my long CD skills are ready or not by watching the GCD. It sounds like a lot of people are doing nothing while they wait for skills to come off CD, so you can't use the GCD bar as a reference.

Um do you PvP? Because what you describe may be ok when you are doing static PVE content where you are not constanlty on the move and your target is not constantly moving. When PvPing i can't sit there in one spot with my eyes glued to my hotbars to see if an abilitily is off cooldown by having to check my bars when the global cool down is moving and trying to judge the speed that its moving at as you claim.

Further more this method that you are speaking of sounds ok if your focusing on only one ability but multiply that by several abilities and I have to say that i think what your saying is utterly laughable.

Maybe for your play style it doesn't effect you but for people that have a dynamic playstyle especially in pvp need a responsive, effective cool down notification system that you can quickly read and process to make quick fast ability choices. Not one where you have to sit there and debate yourself as to whether an ability is off cool down or not becasue you see an ability that LOOKS like its off cool down when its not.

Edited by Talonvore

My first post in the whole good game/crappy game soap opera here. I have to say I too have no idea why they've changed the cast bar so it does not grey out anymore when ability is on cool-down. If it was an accident, why the heck did not last patch fix it?

Beyond strange.

Keeping this bumped. An option to go back to the old system would be nice. Not sure how re-designing an entire system for limited proc based abilities was a good idea, but I could care less as long as I could have the old "darkened" abilities that are still on CD.

I'd be happy with that.

Even having lived with it now, it's basically impossible to tell what is off the CD with what is just nearly off the CD with many abilities in a live combat situation.

It's just plain annoying, and it's not getting any better because the problem isn't something you can work around or avoid.

Glad to see others talking about this, since I've found it very frustrating with abilities that have long cooldowns. It's one thing if an ability has a 20 second cooldown and another thing if it has a 60 second cooldown. It's very difficult to tell if there are 4 seconds left on your ability cooldown, because the grey part is just a miniscule sliver. Surprised this made it out of testing.

It's not the end of the world, people. I would like to see this as an interface option though.

It's certainly not getting any less annoying with time and it was pretty annoying to start with.

Admittedly classes with few CDs to watch and high contrast icons (to the timer bars) have a much easier time of it. But conversely those with lots of CDs to watch all the time (11+) and low contrast icons (to the timer bars) are having a nightmare with it.

Glad to see others talking about this, since I've found it very frustrating with abilities that have long cooldowns. It's one thing if an ability has a 20 second cooldown and another thing if it has a 60 second cooldown. It's very difficult to tell if there are 4 seconds left on your ability cooldown, because the grey part is just a miniscule sliver. Surprised this made it out of testing.

^this