Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally on my main I have 11 CDs to montior in every single fight that are always going (plus situationals).

More than that 4 of them have to be used in specific order but have very different CD lenghts.

On top of that I'm watching for agro (both in PvE and PvP) on my squishes and mob placement.

Before the UI change I was at 100% efficency, because I kept an eye on my action point bar and knew if I had enough for any ability or not.

But what I can't do now (and I don't see how anyone can) is do all that and know exactly when the abilties are coming off CD with the new system.

I can't mouse-look over them all constantly because I'm always using my mouse to look around at the situation (abilities are all keybound for activation) and throw an odd taunt. guard or attack when needed.

You say you can, fair enough, but frankly you are amazing, everyone not quite so amazing is having problems.

Honestly, I consider myself an average player. And don't get me wrong, I have many issues with the UI. I'm not opposed to making the action bars better. I just don't buy into the idea that it is unplayable. "I hate this!" and "This is unplayable!" are two vastly different statements. I like the cooldown bar timer, though I can see that some folks might want the background of the ability to be darkened if unusable until the cooldown becomes available. Again, I don't have an issue with improvements. Making the issue sound dramatically more devastating than it is is fallacious. I noticed you didn't actually list the 11 abilities you have to keep track of that are difficult for you. I have 22 abilities keybound and 11 others that are on hotbars but not bound. I typically use at least 14 of them a fight. 4 of them I use a ton in pvp but not so much in pve. 2 of them are utilitarian that have no bearing upon fighting (mount and channel hatred) that I just prefer to have bound. Of the 22 I have keybound, 9 combat abilities have cooldowns of 45 to 180 seconds that I have to keep track of. I have abilities that I want bound that I don't have keybinds for, even though I keep tweaking my setup to squeeze more and more binds in. I have abilities that I don't even have on my bars that probably should be, I just don't have the ui space for them and I hate having 2 side action bars bordering my screen. I have one and that's annoying enough for me. The ui is far from perfect. I'm about to the point where I feel I need to get a gaming mouse and keyboard just so I can play this class well, and I absolutely don't feel that way on my bounty hunter.

For the post above, regarding the screenshots, to whomever posted it: I'm not sure what you expect me to say. I have to assume your point is that you can't see if the ability is ready, but the reality is it's easy to just look at without mousing over it and see it's not ready. At ~6 seconds left, it blends into the blue border only when moused over. I tested on an ability with the exact same cooldown and it's very apparent that the cooldown is not up yet without mousing over the ability. If you're a clicker, which honestly I'm not trying to put down with that title, yes...you can easily be clicking an ability that looks like the cooldown is up because the mouseover highlighting is obscuring the cooldown timer at ~6 seconds left on 1 minute cooldowns. For longer cooldowns that would be even higher, but I haven't tested to see exactly how many seconds left on the bar matches the mouseover highlighting. But if you're mousing over, you get a giant tooltip anyways. Sure, it could be better, but having a giant "Enrage - 6 s" on your screen in the bottom right is pretty clear.

Honestly, I consider myself an average player. And don't get me wrong, I have many issues with the UI. I'm not opposed to making the action bars better. I just don't buy into the idea that it is unplayable. "I hate this!" and "This is unplayable!" are two vastly different statements. I like the cooldown bar timer, though I can see that some folks might want the background of the ability to be darkened if unusable until the cooldown becomes available. Again, I don't have an issue with improvements. Making the issue sound dramatically more devastating than it is is fallacious. I noticed you didn't actually list the 11 abilities you have to keep track of that are difficult for you. I have 22 abilities keybound and 11 others that are on hotbars but not bound. I typically use at least 14 of them a fight. 4 of them I use a ton in pvp but not so much in pve. 2 of them are utilitarian that have no bearing upon fighting (mount and channel hatred) that I just prefer to have bound. Of the 22 I have keybound, 9 combat abilities have cooldowns of 45 to 180 seconds that I have to keep track of. I have abilities that I want bound that I don't have keybinds for, even though I keep tweaking my setup to squeeze more and more binds in. I have abilities that I don't even have on my bars that probably should be, I just don't have the ui space for them and I hate having 2 side action bars bordering my screen. I have one and that's annoying enough for me. The ui is far from perfect. I'm about to the point where I feel I need to get a gaming mouse and keyboard just so I can play this class well, and I absolutely don't feel that way on my bounty hunter.

For the post above, regarding the screenshots, to whomever posted it: I'm not sure what you expect me to say. I have to assume your point is that you can't see if the ability is ready, but the reality is it's easy to just look at without mousing over it and see it's not ready. At ~6 seconds left, it blends into the blue border only when moused over. I tested on an ability with the exact same cooldown and it's very apparent that the cooldown is not up yet without mousing over the ability. If you're a clicker, which honestly I'm not trying to put down with that title, yes...you can easily be clicking an ability that looks like the cooldown is up because the mouseover highlighting is obscuring the cooldown timer at ~6 seconds left on 1 minute cooldowns. For longer cooldowns that would be even higher, but I haven't tested to see exactly how many seconds left on the bar matches the mouseover highlighting. But if you're mousing over, you get a giant tooltip anyways. Sure, it could be better, but having a giant "Enrage - 6 s" on your screen in the bottom right is pretty clear.

Like I've said you're clearly amazing, but please allow those of us not so blessed to have something fixed (as it was before they changed it) so we can compete with you. :)

I was just in a WZ where I hit an instant ability then clicked unload, which is a channeled ability and this is what happened;

Unload cast bar poped up and started counting down, but I noticed my character didn't make the animation.. looked down and saw the ability didn't go on cooldown, and the person i was shooting at didn't take damage.

Clicked unload again and there was no cast bar this time, the character made the animation to do unload, but the person i was shooting at took no damage.. looked down and the ability STILL didn't go on cooldown.

Clicked unload a THIRD time, there was no cast bar, character did NOT make the animation (lazor beams where coming out of my chest because my arms returned to my characters side at this point), but the enemy player took damage and the ability went on cooldown.

DONE WITH THIS GAME....

THIS THIS THIS THIS THSI, Beta test. never have this with rift or wow.

this and the "smart" camera autofollow are beyond all comprehension for me.

I am serious, I would pay money for being allowed to know the exact wording of the person who suggested this was a good plan.

I'd pay even a bonus if they tell me their thoughts about fun and balanced world PvP, the idea behind the pvp gearing system and why there is no combat log in the game.

Edited by mufutiz

For tanks, it is, if we can't hit that defencive cooldown at the right time, we're ****ed.

And if we try hit one that LOOKS like it's off cooldown, but it isn't, that precious second wasted could easily cost a wipe.

The same goes for healers. DPS will barely notice a difference.

Great finding a tank even harder now,

Edited by seallone

Heres the official patch notes:

•The cooldown indicator on hotbars no longer causes all ability icons to appear grayed out (unusable).

Now, when an ability is on cooldown, it will not be grayed out if its activation conditions (like resource costs or range) are met.

So working as intended.. Totally baffled why they get rid of a perfectly good system and replace it with a bad system?! :confused:

Baffled why, its show less ability delay, when icon is active, only fix they got imho

well abilities now show up as usable even when the target is out of range, so they managed to keep their streak of breaking further everything they list as fixed in patch notes.

that's a start i guess?

OMG not for me,, Fk this game. What are they doing to it...

they are changing it back...1.1.2 :)

Checked PTR today - it seem the issue has been fixed. Thank you for listening to the community! (no sarcasm this time)

It took you some time and it shouldn't have been implemented in the first place but the important thing is you are fixing it. Thank you once again!

Link from PTR

top 2 parts: ability on cooldown (Recharge Cells - slot 3), bottom part: ability off cooldown.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7494/screenshot2012020219251.jpg

Edited by vandana_