Confused and Very Upset!

shantale

In someway it could be correct that you can hit a player of opposite faction if he/she is pvp flagged. That would give you a little advantage if you want to give the first hit.

But, bad pvp players (or just plain idiots) got used to play on pve server and wander around looking for lower level players just for the fun of it (their own fun) and exploit this feature. That's bannable, problem is that it's hard to prove they made it on purpose and usually GMs don't care much about harrassing and exploiting.

The solution is easy, imo: to start any kind of pvp we must manually flag ourselves for pvp (battlegrounds and enemy territories flag us for pvp anyway and that's right).

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just take his name, level up, learn how to play your toon, and go kill him. Problem solved.

It's a PvE server - you can't just go 'hunt him down', especially when cowards like this only engage when they have a bunch of mobs to help them.

The only people who think that this isn't a problem are the griefers.

Take care to notice the planet your on being shared. Where you are and who is near. Bioware isn't going to fix this because it's not technically broken. It's abusable, but not broken.

How do you notice stealthed players in the mobs you're going after?

It's broken. Period.

And this is why I lobbied for them to remove PvP like 6 months ago. Every single time. I mean EVERY single time someone loses in PvP the following happens:

1. A new thread is born on the forums demanding that Class X be nerfed.

2. An endless debate ensues over how PvP should be "balanced" (<-- yeah right)

3. Countless changes to the entire game are bantered back and forth

4. Name Calling

5. Rage

The only people who think that this isn't a problem are the griefers.

Yep.

I joined a PVP server so this doesn't matter much to me personally, but I think it's absurd that people who joined a PVE server just to get away from this type of stuff still have to deal with it.

Bioware needs to get this fixed so it works as intended so people who just want to PVE on PVE servers can play the game without being griefed.

Can someone tell me how the heck on a PVE server can you become flagged for PVP if a Sith jumps into mobs your killing- 4 levels above my husband and I and it flags us for PVP????s

that is a major problem with the pvp flag thing in this game.

i expected it to be exploited from day one actually. it was very common in wow.

And this is why I lobbied for them to remove PvP like 6 months ago. Every single time. I mean EVERY single time someone loses in PvP the following happens:

1. A new thread is born on the forums demanding that Class X be nerfed.

2. An endless debate ensues over how PvP should be "balanced" (<-- yeah right)

3. Countless changes to the entire game are bantered back and forth

4. Name Calling

5. Rage

Loses in Pvp? It was not a PvP match, a duel, or fight on a PvP server. It's a Flagged stealth class hiding in mobs on a PvE server, where the other player has no idea he's about to engage in PvP.

You have no idea what the thread is about... :rolleyes:

You and your hubby should have pwned his arse! No really though BW bugs suck sorry to hear you a bad experience.

See, a person who isn't flagged for PvP isn't flagged because they don't WANT to PvP. Even if they "pwned" his arse, they'd still be giving him what he wants. The griefer wants them to have to interrupt what they're doing and entertain him.

Attacking a flagged player flags you. News at 11. This is standard on pve servers in mmos. Sorry it was news to you, but I don't think it's a bug. Pay attention to what you are shooting at and aoeing.

Best case scenario: cc him and run away

Worst case scenario: die and rez and run away

It's not perma death and it's not something that is really going to happen all the time, so what is the big deal? >.<

Attacking a flagged player flags you. News at 11. This is standard on pve servers in mmos. Sorry it was news to you, but I don't think it's a bug. Pay attention to what you are shooting at and aoeing.

It's not perma death and it's not something that is really going to happen all the time, so what is the big deal? >.<

Forcing any player to do something he or she doesn't want to do (i.e. standing around them so they can't use AOE abilities) is griefing and should be punished. The vast majority of players join PVE or RP servers (especially!) because they don't want to deal with that stuff.

Can someone tell me how the heck on a PVE server can you become flagged for PVP if a Sith jumps into mobs your killing- 4 levels above my husband and I and it flags us for PVP????

I bought this game for PVE where does it say the last stretch to 50 is nothing but a gank fest on a PVE Server???

Ok done ranting but someone please explain how the last ten levels work so I can either get a refund on the game that is advertised for PVE??? But it is actually PVP???

Thanks

Don't use AOE when someone is flagged beside you, this isn't rocket science.

Forcing any player to do something he or she doesn't want to do (i.e. standing around them so they can't use AOE abilities) is griefing and should be punished. The vast majority of players join PVE or RP servers (especially!) because they don't want to deal with that stuff.

That's a little over dramatic.

To the OP: As others said, you may have popped an AoE that hit the player and flagged you. I haven't tested, but I'm guessing that if your Companion hits and AoE and damages a flagged player, it will flag you as well. So turn off those companion AoEs! Something to check out, anyway as some companion powers (such as Bodwaar's wookie roar) turn themselves on even if you turn them off.

I hope you report the player, they sound like they earned it.

I'm pretty sure AE does not flag you for PvP. I've used plenty of AE on flagged players on Tatooine for giggles and while it made them jump and rush toward me thinking I had flagged myself, but it never actually flagged me.

Me thinks someone was spamming auto target and it picked the flagged Sith.

It NOT the standard on PvE servers. AOEing a flagged player should do NOTHING.

The whole point of not flagging is to NOT have to give a crap if someone is PvPing around you.

If that's not the case, there are no true PvE servers in this game, and I won't continue subscribing.

The "big deal" is that I didn't opt in to PvP. I don't want to be involved in PvP, and I won't pay to play a game where I can be forced into PvP.

Bioware needs to respond to this.

Edited by VorpalK

player vs player is more than an ego trip or domination. It is human brain and reflex vs human brain and reflex.

Except in a (well done) RPG. Then it's time spent building character, character design (and human brain) vs time spent building character, character design, (and human brain)

Which is why PvP in a (well done) RPG is pointless. At least so far as 1 on 1. Many vs. many you start bringing tactics into the mix.

Posted this a few times in topics like this:

Player-vs-Environment (PvE)

On Player-vs-Environment servers, you have the option to role-play as your character, and player-vs-player fights must be agreed to by both sides or conducted in PvP-designated areas.

Role-Playing, Player-vs-Environment (RP)

Players are encouraged to always interact “in character” on RP servers, and players of opposing factions may only battle each other in designated instanced areas on RP-PvE servers.

Support: Server Types

This is what Bioware expect with regards to open world pvp in a pve/rp environment (read the underlined parts.) I would like all the people who are defending this exploit to explain to me how any of that applies to the op's situation. He wasn't asked if he wanted to pvp, he wasn't in a designated pvp area and he wasn't pvp flagged.

Someone used a broken mechanic to grief a player on a pve server, plain and simple. It's irrelevant that there is no lasting harm done, other than a few credits for repairs and assuming that you a lucky enough not to be spawn camped, only wastes a few minutes. The plain fact is this is a broken mechanic that is being exploited and people on pve/rp (who likely rolled on those servers to avoid this type of thing) are the ones that are having to suffer because of it.

End of story.

Edited by Balraw

OP, I hear ya. PvP and those that "participate" in it have gone a long way to harm this game's launch.

On a PvE server, flagging for PvP shouldn't even be an option unless in a designated PvP zone.

That is complete and utter nonsense. Both camps of MMO players need to be satisfied for an MMO to be successful. Saying that those that participate (why the quotes?) in PvP have harmed the game is one of the most asinine things I have ever heard.

Our concerns and quandaries don't deserve to be addressed? It's not our fault that we are squeakier wheels than PvE players; and you know what they say about squeaky wheels...

In response to the OP: I suggest that the OP stop attacking flagged players. It's a simple solution to a simple problem. In the same breath, I suggest that the players that trick others into flagging themselves go roll on PvP servers and stop being cowards.

In any case, remember that there are two factions for a reason: You are supposed to be fighting each other.

The big deal is if you do NOT want to pvp, no one should be able to 'force' it on you. That includes a stealth class getting cute and running into your AOE, someone running a bike into it, whatever. No one, ever should be able to 'make' you flag by any means.

This is why I loved Rift's ability to disable flagging unless you specifically toggled it on yourself by typing /pvp. That did away with all the stupid crap some people pull.

They didn't target the person to fight - the person picked a fight with them when they wanted nothing to do with that aspect of the game. They're on a PvE server, they made the choice not to go somewhere that's open pvp all the time.

That said, people on PvE servers that chose to PvP should have the right to pvp with people that chose to take part in that aspect of the game

Yes this happens when idiots pull cute tricks to force a flag, it does not make it right, and does not mean that bioware should sit idle and do nothing about the issue.