Confused and Very Upset!

shantale

If you don't want a Discussion don't *********** post in General Discussion. Open a bug report in game and fill out a report.

Yeah, because customer service is doing an excellent job even understanding what you're trying to say. ;)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually they patched it in beta 5. Ooops!

I didn't play the game until 2 months in and people were complaining about the same exact thing while I was an active player, so I guess the beta patch didn't work.

wow, what bunch of tools who replied, seriously can anyone on these forums handle being mature and reply in courteous manner? Looks like a few managed to.

Honestly, between the Tools who want to create mayhem and the Fanbois who seem to think the game is perfect, as is, they will kill this game faster then the Critics.

Yeah, because customer service is doing an excellent job even understanding what you're trying to say. ;)

I have to say I love this game but the CS is awful. I am sick of waiting 2 days for a response to a bug report that has nothing to do with what I reported.

Rift had the same issue months into the game and that was supposedly the most polished release in MMO history so I would say it was a finished MMO.

Edit: Months not moths...

Erm... I was in early release. They didn't have this issue with most skills. If you did a 'multi-shot' type ability (sending 3~ arrows at a target) it flagged you if you did not disable flagging. Even then.... they couldn't 'walk into' the skill. You hit the aoe, it fired it's arrows/other, then it was finished. The channeled skills never flagged you like the ones here. (my main was a inquisitor cleric)

What Rift did right - that I'd like to see here is the ability to enable or disable the ability to auto flag.

Meaning:

If you disabled auto flag you cannot heal someone that is flagged. As healing or buffing flags you.

If you disabled auto flag it made it impossible for you to even attack a flagged player without intentionally typing /pvp.

This is a feature that'd take care of this issue.

^this

its a PVE server. Troll

Perhaps if you give Bioware the carebear stare.. also you should put the word casual in your post so that Biowares money senses start tingling.. they will probably take the servers down immediately to patch this injustice.

lol... yeah but its not your money that is paying for her game isnt it.

Its just sad that players on PVE servers need to be in midle of mobs to kill PvE players.. just sad, why they dont go to a pvp server? oh yes they are afraid to get ganked off course.

Edited by Spartanik

A feature to prevent auto-flagging was in Rift since it launched. Morons who didn't take the time to open their preferences menu and look around were the one's who cried.

Anyways, personally I don't care but I do understand those who rolled PvE who have no interest in being grieved by ******** 50's. There should be a way to protect them from this.

Erm... I was in early release. They didn't have this issue with most skills. If you did a 'multi-shot' type ability (sending 3~ arrows at a target) it flagged you if you did not disable flagging. Even then.... they couldn't 'walk into' the skill. You hit the aoe, it fired it's arrows/other, then it was finished. The channeled skills never flagged you like the ones here. (my main was a inquisitor cleric)

Like I said I'm a PvPer so I'm not 100% on the details, I just know I saw quite a few threads like this one complaining about getting flagged while closing rifts because of AoE abilities.

Can someone tell me how the heck on a PVE server can you become flagged for PVP if a Sith jumps into mobs your killing- 4 levels above my husband and I and it flags us for PVP????

I bought this game for PVE where does it say the last stretch to 50 is nothing but a gank fest on a PVE Server???

Ok done ranting but someone please explain how the last ten levels work so I can either get a refund on the game that is advertised for PVE??? But it is actually PVP???

Thanks

player vs player is more than an ego trip or domination. It is human brain and reflex vs human brain and reflex.

It is simple, if you see another player who is flagged don't buff them, if you see an enemy who is flagged don't aoe.

If you accidently get flagged and killed, just grab a cup of cofee, or a glass of water.

What I am saying is you must think before you act, it is as simple as that.

Name one game where you can't. That's actually the reason to run around flagged, is so YOU get jumped.

In warcraft on a PVE server if a flagged player runs into an unflagged player's AoE attacks it doesn't do any damage nor will it flag you.

If a player opts to play on a PVE server it's probably because they don't want or care for world pvp (or any pvp for that matter.) Being able to run into an opposing faction's AoE to force-flag them is basically a form of griefing. No reason a player should have to run back or wait for a medical probe just because they got pulled into something they weren't interested in doing in the first place.

If someone complains about PvP on a PvP server then calling them carebear or bluebie or whatever is appropriate. But when someone is forced into PvP by a bug after they chose a PvE server because they don't enjoy PvP then people should really keep their attitudes to themselves. Edited by Jenarie

No I was not flagged and no I did not start the fight I am on a PVE Server and I was killing mobs that guy came into the mobs and un- flagged us, you can flame all you want but the fact is this is not correct for a PVE server!

Sounds like this guy knows if he can be effected by your AoE and purposely got in under its umbrella to force you into PvP. Its a pretty messed up thing to do. But considering the fact that harrassment usually comes from people finding exploits its no surprise people are abusing it.

Unless you are deliberately camped on by a specific individual, just res and move along? Is that a game breaking thing to you so much so that you demand a refund?

If there is 1, there will be more. To answer your question? Yeah, first time this happens to me, I cancel. I am a "carebear", I Pve, not PvP. First time I am "force" into PvP, I quit.

There is a reason why I chose a PvE sever and not a PvP server.

Grow up a bit. Post like these serve no purpose, your trolling please stop.

OP's thread serves a great purpose and is very mature.

/facepalm

Also: I demand a refund because I rolled on a PVP server and got killed by mobs! o.O

Edited by Rogoo