Confused and Very Upset!

shantale

I agree with the people that said you probably performed an AoE that hit the flagged enemy. This is actually working as intended. If someone is flagged, they can be attacked by people who are not flagged. That is how the flag works.

I buffed a guy in Mos Iila who was flagged and it flagged me... Just need to be more mindful in the future.

And what we're saying is that it should not work that way, based on the ruleset of the server.

Mindful has nothing to do with it when PvPers are intentionally getting into AoE range, frequently stealthed.

We want NOTHING to do with PvP. I wouldn't heal a flagged player if he paid me. I don't CARE about PvP.

Making someone who wants to interact in PvP /flag before he can affect a flagged player is not at all unreasonable.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play on a PvP server on the underpopulated Republic side(high pop server), and ganking is so rare...

The zones/planets in this game are set up to have very little ganking in general.

At the very least actually dying is avoidable, and rez camping is impossible.

So the issue you describe has to happen only slightly more often than pigs flying outside my window.

I realize you made the correct choice and didnt sign up for PvP, but has this really happened to you more than once?...

This just seems so avoidable, that it can't even be considered an issue.

LOL this thread is still funny...:D

You think that someone who is "confused and upset" is funny? Wow, that's so sad. If you have nothing to contribute to the discussion other than trolling, your time would be better spent somewhere else.

Or maybe you're hoping to get an argument going to get the thread closed?

Whatever, thanks for the bump for our very important issue btw.

Perhaps if you give Bioware the carebear stare.. also you should put the word casual in your post so that Biowares money senses start tingling.. they will probably take the servers down immediately to patch this injustice.

if the person is on a pvp server then sure, call them a carebear. This person is on a PVE server for a reason, they don't want to be ganked or griefed. This should be fixed ASAP, I'm a pvper on a PVP server btw.

I play on a PvP server on the underpopulated Republic side(high pop server), and ganking is so rare...

The zones/planets in this game are set up to have very little ganking in general.

So the issue you describe has to happen only slightly more often than pigs flying outside my window.

I realize you made the correct choice and didnt sign up for PvP, but has this really happened to you more than once?...

Not as avoidable as you'd think. For one, we're talking about griefers here, not normal people who like to pvp and like a challenge. They go out of their way to find areas where this is possible and have been doing so with increasing frequency. Someone getting ganked on a pvp server is expected because it's a pvp server. Ganker and Gankee both signed up for it.

On a pve server, they can be stealthed and stand in mobs waiting for an aoe, or nearby then flag real quick and run in, or tag one mob in a bunch someone's fighting etc, or come upon a fight from a distance on a speeder & run in, etc.

There are oh so many ways the game mechanics allow the griefers to get someone flagged against their wishes.

And the frequency is really irrelevent. The point is that it forces a pve player on a pve server to alter their playstyle in order to avoid pvp. That's unacceptable.

And it's not even really pvp. lol. It's little wienies who are desperate for attention and afraid of a real pvp fight. So they find people who don't want pvp, are lower level than themselves & arent' geared for a pvp fight, and who are also being pummeled at the same time by multiple mobs. Fun, fun, fun.

Edited by VarnieTsk

Yes, it's avoidable by not ever using a sizable portion of my abilities, crippling my PvE game play. That's not an acceptable solution. At all.

Yes, it's avoidable by not ever using a sizable portion of my abilities, crippling my PvE game play. That's not an acceptable solution. At all.

Idk, maybe you guys do have more griefers on PvE servers. Perhaps they followed their friends, and are bored to tears. And by avoidable, I mean not going back to the exact same spot.

Either way, I agree that it's an idiotic practice if they're literally following you around the zone, and doing this mutiple times.

If its happening to you once a week, and you could move 200m left and avoid it, then I think your making a mountain out of perhaps the least important issue I've heard of to this point.

I just haven't encountered griefing on a heavy PvP server, so I find it surprising that stuff like this is happening to you guys often.

Edited by Varcan

I ran into a weird one that I didnt expect, I was doing heroics on Taris, I grouped up with someone who's flag was on and got attacked becasue of it. It took me a long while after the group disbanded for me to find a safe zone in that place and then sit there.

That's an unfortunate one. As a rule I won't group with people that I know like to run around flagged while they're questing. I have no idea why they'd do that and not just roll on a PvP server.

Not really anything that can be done with that one apart from removing world PvP altogether from PvE servers, which wouldn't break my heart.

One more reason not to PUG I guess.

Idk, maybe you guys do have more griefers on PvE servers. Perhaps they followed their friends, and are bored to tears. And by avoidable, I mean not going back to the exact same spot.

Either way, I agree that it's an idiotic practice if they're literally following you around the zone, and doing this mutiple times.

If its happening to you once a week, and you could move 200m left and avoid it, then I think your making a mountain out of perhaps the least important issue I've heard of to this point.

I just haven't encountered griefing on a heavy PvP server, so I find it surprising that stuff like this is happening to you guys often.

The problem is, we don't want it happening EVER. Not once. The description of PvE servers in cludes "All PvP must be consensual", and this is not consensual. If we knew that non-consensual PvP was possible on all server types, many of us would never have bought this game in the first place.

Also, moving 200m to the left isn't going to avoid the situation. Someone who sets out to ruin someone's night is going to be a bit more persistant than that. It's not like they're doing it by accident.

LOL. Of course there are more griefers on a PvE server than PvP. It's always that way. On a PvP server they can't get away with their shenanigans like they do on PvE. They'd be getting their slimy little hineys handed to them all the time. :)

They're not looking for a fight, they're looking for attention, to disrupt someone's gameplay, and to somehow, irrationally, bolster their pathetic little egos by beating someone lower level than themselves who is not expecting it, not interested in it, and is busy fighting mobs.

I had the same thing happen to me the other day - I just couldnt figure out how I got flagged for PVP. And the Jedi was so kind as to camp on my body afterwards :mad:

Hope they make some sort of "acceptence" button for PVP as I dont enjoy being murdered just for laughs.

I had the same thing happen to me the other day - I just couldnt figure out how I got flagged for PVP. And the Jedi was so kind as to camp on my body afterwards :mad:

Hope they make some sort of "acceptence" button for PVP as I dont enjoy being murdered just for laughs.

Report him next time. We all need to start reporting every single incident. That's probably the only way we're ever going to get any kind of response since they're completely ignoring us on the boards and on twitter

Edited by VarnieTsk

It's quite simple really. On a pve server you should be required to actually type /pvp to turn it on or off. Off with a delay of course. eg; 5min. There should be no "accidents" that a failed system like this allows.

It's quite amazing how thoughtless some developers can be. These people roll on a pve server for a reason. So show them some respect and fix these lame mechanics.

It's another broken/unfinished aspect of the game OP. The trolls in this thread represent the PvP mindset. They raise hell if anyone complains about PvP on their server. "Go to PvE server carebear" they'll spew. Then they want to berate you for getting griefed by their kind because of Bioware's oversight.

In case you didn't know, it's broken. In finished MMOs, whether you hit depends on your flag, NOT the griefer's. Your abilities should hit everything but the griefer, since YOU are not flagged.

Just add it to Bioware's DERP! pile.

Yup. Everything they just said.

What Rift did right - that I'd like to see here is the ability to enable or disable the ability to auto flag.

Meaning:

If you disabled auto flag you cannot heal someone that is flagged. As healing or buffing flags you.

If you disabled auto flag it made it impossible for you to even attack a flagged player without intentionally typing /pvp.

This is a feature that'd take care of this issue. However, I have yet to see BW do anything or say anything to help players with this. Even though there's 5-6 threads out there talking about it.

What Rift did right - that I'd like to see here is the ability to enable or disable the ability to auto flag.

Meaning:

If you disabled auto flag you cannot heal someone that is flagged. As healing or buffing flags you.

If you disabled auto flag it made it impossible for you to even attack a flagged player without intentionally typing /pvp.

This is a feature that'd take care of this issue. However, I have yet to see BW do anything or say anything to help players with this. Even though there's 5-6 threads out there talking about it.

That is the best way to fix it, with autoflag being disabled by a switch.

I'm never interested in involving myself with PvP. I don't want to attack enemy players.

I also have no interest in healing, buffing, or grouping with flagged allies. If you're flagged, you're on your own. Go get help from other flagged players. I want no part of it.

Meaning:

Agreed. This would be perfect. I, too, have no interest in ever becoming flagged for any reason. Just let me turn off that ability altogether. Silly me, I thought that was what a PvE server was for. lol.

Can someone tell me how the heck on a PVE server can you become flagged for PVP if a Sith jumps into mobs your killing- 4 levels above my husband and I and it flags us for PVP????

I bought this game for PVE where does it say the last stretch to 50 is nothing but a gank fest on a PVE Server???

Ok done ranting but someone please explain how the last ten levels work so I can either get a refund on the game that is advertised for PVE??? But it is actually PVP???

Thanks

Did you use an AoE attack? Did your pet? Then you technically attacked him, and he can attack you back.

Did you use an AoE attack? Did your pet? Then you technically attacked him, and he can attack you back.

No.. she didn't. She attacked a mob, and the Sith intervened and exploited flagging rules to gank on a PVE server. If this were a PVP server people like you would be trolling she needs to roll PVE. She did, and is being forced to deal with PvP she does not want. It is basically griefing... much the same as healing the other factions' mobs.

In my time in WoW. There have been a number of times where doing AOE have flagged me PvP when a flagged enemy is in the AOE range. This was worst in Cataclysm in the Firelands where both sides shared the quests. I'm just merrily using AOE's and stuff. Then flagged.

Unfortunately it's not a bug or exploit. It's in by design. The unfortunate part isn't the design, but it is abusable. People can flag and intentionally get in the way of attacks. Worst are those who are many levels higher in low zone areas who are just looking for quick kills.

Take care to notice the planet your on being shared. Where you are and who is near. Bioware isn't going to fix this because it's not technically broken. It's abusable, but not broken.

To be honest, anything that is this easily abusable I would consider broken.

And avoiding shared planets is kind of hard once you get past planet number 3. Nar Shaddaa and up they are all shared. Which kind of cuts off your game experience at level 20 (not to mention that a fair few quests deliberately send you into the shared areas).

There is no excuse why on a PvE server this is even possible. Unless the intent was, and always has been, to only have PvP servers and the PvE label only exists to draw in more players. Since I do not believe in conspiracy theories I will go with the assumption that Bioware does not understand how big an issue this is for those players who do NOT want to PvP, and do NOT enjoy the paranoid mindset that open world PvP requires.

No I was not flagged and no I did not start the fight I am on a PVE Server and I was killing mobs that guy came into the mobs and un- flagged us, you can flame all you want but the fact is this is not correct for a PVE server!

Actually it is, it's no exploit.

If you touch a flagged enemy with an AOE attack (or any attack for that matter), you'll get flagged. It's the same in every MMO. The same way if you heal or buff a flagged friendly, you'll get flagged too.

Now you know about it so it'll be easy to avoid...No problem.