Confused and Very Upset!

shantale

That's an unfortunate one. As a rule I won't group with people that I know like to run around flagged while they're questing. I have no idea why they'd do that and not just roll on a PvP server.

All it takes is one person who accidentally or delliberately flags for PvP. Then they will remain flagged UNLESS they go to the one cantina on the planet (I guess the ship will work too) and spend the next five minutes staring at a wall. As long as they keep playing the flag will remain. And not only that, because of the autoflagging everybody they group with, everybody who rezzes them or buffs them will also get flagged and end up either spreading the infection or being forced to sit in the cantina for five minutes.

And if you finally have that flashpoint or heroics +4 group together, are you going to say 'you are PvP flagged so I will not play with you' or are you going to go on with the group and hope for the best (and resign yourself to five minutes of wall staring afterwards).

[quote[

Not really anything that can be done with that one apart from removing world PvP altogether from PvE servers, which wouldn't break my heart.

Removing it would be the better option, but considering that there is a sizeable portion of the PvE players who enjoy the occasional, consensual, PvP run that would be unfair to them.

And yes, either a 10 second delay on PvP flagging, or being unable to do so while tagging or being tagged by a NPC, should complement the flagging AND no form of interaction should be possible at all if both players have a different state of their PvP flag. (which I might add, should include those NPCs that are tagged by a player. If a PvP players tags an NPC it becomes effectively PvP flagged and PvE players should no longer be able to interact with it while it remains in combat. No abuse of the PvE state either).

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it is, it's no exploit.

If you touch a flagged enemy with an AOE attack (or any attack for that matter), you'll get flagged. It's the same in every MMO. The same way if you heal or buff a flagged friendly, you'll get flagged too.

Now you know about it so it'll be easy to avoid...No problem.

No, as has been pointed out a hundred times by now in this and simillar threads. This is NOT AT ALL how it is in other games. Unless they are Korean open world PvP games that is.

Rift? Fixed it correctly in beta (but made the mistake to leave the autoflag as default)

City of Heroes? Never allowed it at all, unless you enter a PvP zone

WoW? Had it for a short while after launch but very quickly fixed it. Now you have to enter a PvP zone or both players must flag (or attack with a direct targeted attack. Buffing will not transfer the flag. Healing, I believe, will).

WAR? no chance of PvP unless you enter a zone specifically for it.

AoC? No chance for PvP Unless you flag for it.

DAoC? No chance for PvP unless you enter a zone specifically for it.

EQ? No PvP unless flagged for it or you entered the one PvP zone.

EQ2? No PvP. Can't really interact with the opposing faction.

So, care to name another big MMO?

Truth is that unless a game is open world PvP by default this autoflagging either never makes it into the game, or it gets patched out very quickly.

No, as has been pointed out a hundred times by now in this and simillar threads. This is NOT AT ALL how it is in other games. Unless they are Korean open world PvP games that is.

Rift? Fixed it correctly in beta (but made the mistake to leave the autoflag as default)

City of Heroes? Never allowed it at all, unless you enter a PvP zone

WoW? Had it for a short while after launch but very quickly fixed it. Now you have to enter a PvP zone or both players must flag (or attack with a direct targeted attack. Buffing will not transfer the flag. Healing, I believe, will).

WAR? no chance of PvP unless you enter a zone specifically for it.

AoC? No chance for PvP Unless you flag for it.

DAoC? No chance for PvP unless you enter a zone specifically for it.

EQ? No PvP unless flagged for it or you entered the one PvP zone.

EQ2? No PvP. Can't really interact with the opposing faction.

So, care to name another big MMO?

Truth is that unless a game is open world PvP by default this autoflagging either never makes it into the game, or it gets patched out very quickly.

Asheron's Call: No PvP unless you're on the Red server (darktide) or undergo a lengthy quest to the altar of Bael'Zharon and intentionally flag. Then you can only attack or be attacked by other red players. It's similarly difficult to unflag.

All it takes is one person who accidentally or delliberately flags for PvP. Then they will remain flagged UNLESS they go to the one cantina on the planet (I guess the ship will work too) and spend the next five minutes staring at a wall. As long as they keep playing the flag will remain. And not only that, because of the autoflagging everybody they group with, everybody who rezzes them or buffs them will also get flagged and end up either spreading the infection or being forced to sit in the cantina for five minutes.

And if you finally have that flashpoint or heroics +4 group together, are you going to say 'you are PvP flagged so I will not play with you' or are you going to go on with the group and hope for the best (and resign yourself to five minutes of wall staring afterwards).

Yes, that's exactly what I'd say. I don't want to get involved in PvP and I'm not going to let anyone else flag me.

I'm not going to PUG with a flagged player. If they're that ADD that they can't refrain from PvPing long enough to get the group together, I'm not interested in grouping with them.

Fortunately I have a good enough sized group of like minded friends that this isn't an issue.

It IS something that people that think it's "Cool" to run around PvP flagged places like the starter worlds where they can NEVER see an enemy should bear in mind.

I'm far from the only one with this strict policy.

Edited by VorpalK

Actually it is, it's no exploit.

If you touch a flagged enemy with an AOE attack (or any attack for that matter), you'll get flagged. It's the same in every MMO. The same way if you heal or buff a flagged friendly, you'll get flagged too.

Now you know about it so it'll be easy to avoid...No problem.

Please name one.

Before you do, please know that so far, every single attempt at naming a major game has been refuted and debunked. Most of the major games out there have fixed this game flaw including the vaunted WoW. Best to read through the threads on the subject before making a blanket statement like that.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that the development team is aware of this issue and is currently investigating different solutions for it. Your feedback is important and we want everyone to be able to have an enjoyable experience. We'll definitely keep you posted with the latest information on this.

Thank you

AND

Apologies for the delay, but I was waiting to make sure that it was on internal radar and being worked on before I posted. :)

Woot!! FYI for those not watching the other thread at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=159167&page=84

Happy Day :)

The problem is, we don't want it happening EVER. Not once. The description of PvE servers in cludes "All PvP must be consensual", and this is not consensual.

This pretty much says it all. It's not even debatable. There's really nothing else to discuss.