Confused and Very Upset!

shantale

Since you aoe, he takes damage which flags you. He then kills you because hes higher level then you.

Thats how he does it, why he does it is because hes a douchebag that probably gets owned at his level so he has to grief lower levels to feel better.

A fix would be to actually have to /flag yourself for pvp.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you aoe, he takes damage which flags you. He then kills you because hes higher level then you.

Thats how he does it, why he does it is because hes a douchebag that probably gets owned at his level so he has to grief lower levels to feel better.

That would be the most logical fix and would probably be the easiest to implement. I guess time will tell if they're going to do anything at all.

/stillwaitingforareplyfrombw

No I was not flagged and no I did not start the fight I am on a PVE Server and I was killing mobs that guy came into the mobs and un- flagged us, you can flame all you want but the fact is this is not correct for a PVE server!

That is pretty much the way it works and always has, if you AOE and an PVP player gets hit even by accident, you get flagged for PVP too. Either ignore the adds or ignore the PVPer, so you can kill something, then res and run back.

That is pretty much the way it works and always has, if you AOE and an PVP player gets hit even by accident, you get flagged for PVP too. Either ignore the adds or ignore the PVPer, so you can kill something, then res and run back.

No, as these threads have been pointing out, AoE should not be affecting the PvP player in this scenario at all. Your suggestion that people basically not AOE at all is not going to work. Stealthed PvPers are exploting this, and people should not have to cripple themselves to avoid PvP on a PvE server.

Exactly correct. The convenience of a few people that want to be able to flag by attacking is nothing compared to the people that will leave if this isn't fixed.

I play on a PvP server but you shouldn't be able to be attacked unless you somehow damaged a player with PvP flag which in turn flagged you for PvP. I would write a ticket to get clearification on it. I think you have a standing complaint that should be addressed.

No matter where you play you will find gankers that will sit and hide until you attack a mob then they will come out of the woodwork. You know what I am referencing. However I suppose it is good tactics.

I hope that you issues get resolved. No reason why you should have to worry about some body jumping into your AOE just to flag you. Only way you should be flagged is if you damaged them directly.

If someone complains about PvP on a PvP server then calling them carebear or bluebie or whatever is appropriate. But when someone is forced into PvP by a bug after they chose a PvE server because they don't enjoy PvP then people should really keep their attitudes to themselves.

They didn't pay any attention to their parents spouting those sorts of "wussy" sentiments (just screamed at them to bring more hot pockets), so what makes you think anything *you* say is going to stick. Some people just have a few neural disconnects.

Devs, please fix this griefing bug.

very very wrong as well. Its a PVE server, you should not be able to attack a flagged player if you are not flagged yourself

Yeah, no. If you're in a shared region and you flag yourself, you will appear as a Yellow target(attackable, non-threatening), and any player of the opposing faction can choose to initiate combat with you. I both did it, and had it done, while levelling in the shared zone on Tatooine, and frankly it was great fun.

For the record, OP, PvE server does not mean "PvP is physically impossible on this server", it means the server has a certain logic set, there are still zones where you can fight other players, and PvP will still happen. You're going to get a nasty shock when you hit 50 and try going to Ilum.

A flagged, and thus attackable, player leapt into your AoE attack, thus flagging you as well an enabling him to strike back. Was it a d**k-move? Yes, but there was no exploit involved, you suffered no permanent losses save for a few K in repairs, and perhaps in future you will be more careful in a shared zone which is intended for players to come into conflict with each other.

Edited by sosolidshoe

Im sorry but this is nothing new.

If you see a Flagged person from other Faction. Pay Attention,, dont use aoe abilities.

If you see a Flagged person from YOUR faction, do not Buff, do not heal them.. it Flags you also for helping them.

There are many ways to exploit this.

In wow for Example, my brother had his fully Geared pvp mage.

I had a friend starting the game and some Alliance kept spamming /duel on him over and over.

My brother set on his flying mount up in the air.

My friend accepted duel

Hit /pvp

/endduel.

Alliance hit him..

Auto Flagged

Brother dropped from sky and corpse camped him for an hour.

**** happens

If you die in pvp.. oh noes ? rez at med Center, Let Flag drop.. and go on.

MMO's are full of ******s.

My view is similar to the original poster. I'm on a PvE server, i appreciate the option of going either to Ilum or specific areas in a no man's land area but otherwise have no interest in PvP.

Other than to stop anyone exploiting ducking in and out of pvp areas, it shouldn't be possible outside of the designated areas (or you have an option similar to duel).

Rift.. Me on guardian rouge wife on defiant mage, I have pvp auto flag turned off She could run thru my aoe all night and i never got flagged. In rift i trid to target her and fire a arrow at her.. Message in chat Pvp flag in compatible with target! I was not flagged from it and she took no damage.

Me still on rogue and how she is on her guardian mage (yes she likes mages). She pvp flagged i was not due to disable pvp auto flag setting. Tried to buf her once again the pvp message she did not review the buf. I changed to bard spec.. she stayed pvp flagged and took damage from npc's i cast coda for regen hp and i got heals she did not! i was not pvp flagged!

The main difference is that in Rift there's a setting you can change to persistently turn auto-flagging off.

But if you don't tick that selection box, you can still get auto-flagged by attacking a player of the opposing fraction.

I've had situations with zone events in Stillmoor where I had auto-flagging turned on and used AoE with players of oppsing fraction nearby, this flagged me for PvP.

Personally I like auto-flagging at times. Generally speaking I usually play on PvE servers because I often like the atmosphere better and my friends mostly are on there. But I still occasionally am up for some PvP and sort of like the risk of being auto-flagged because that means I have to be more aware of my surroundings and gives a better sense of danger.

In SW:TOR I don't have this problem because I play on a PvP server for a change but I understand the frustration of PvE players and the best solution imho would be to also make a setting available to permanently disable auto-flagging. Best of both worlds imo.

Attacking a flagged player flags you. News at 11. This is standard on pve servers in mmos. Sorry it was news to you, but I don't think it's a bug. Pay attention to what you are shooting at and aoeing.

Best case scenario: cc him and run away

Worst case scenario: die and rez and run away

It's not perma death and it's not something that is really going to happen all the time, so what is the big deal? >.<

No it isnt

SWG didnt have this feature. AoC doesnt have this feature, Vanguard doesnt have this feature.

the big deal is that there should be no pvp without both players being flagged either by setting the flags themselves, or by walking into a pvp zone, on a pve server.

if it's intentional then its pretty damn stupid, if someone wants to pvp they can flag themselves in seconds.

needs to be removed straight away

also looking at the level of responses in this thread, i am almost amazed about how dumb a lot of players actually are.

I'm on a RP-PvE server and if someone is flag and your not you can definatly attack him. I know I did :cool:

its a backward way of doing things and should be removed.

considering it takes a few seconds to flag yourself for pvp i'd say it was a completely needless and naive feature to put in

its a backward way of doing things and should be removed.

considering it takes a few seconds to flag yourself for pvp i'd say it was a completely needless and naive feature to put in

As long as they keep flag toggle as it is and only remove the ability to attack a flag player while you are not flag i'm okay with it. Especially on a RP server it's always useful.

As long as they keep flag toggle as it is and only remove the ability to attack a flag player while you are not flag i'm okay with it. Especially on a RP server it's always useful.

yeah one or the other, certainly not both

however flag option is best as its harder for a griefer to exploit other people's games.

that way control of the game remains with the player not other people

very very wrong as well. Its a PVE server, you should not be able to attack a flagged player if you are not flagged yourself

WRONG.

If a Player is flagged, you can hit him ieven if you arent flagged. This applies to every PvE server I've played on in just about any MMO ive ever played. Its a crap thing to do, but people do do it. Normally there are stop gaps put in place though, like AoE cannot cause you to hit the target and other things. It doesn't appear that TOR has them in place "yet".

As for the OP. Come on. Its a death each. Its not a big deal. If one incident like this has you "very upset" then you should probably not be playing a MMO.

Rift.. Me on guardian rouge wife on defiant mage, I have pvp auto flag turned off She could run thru my aoe all night and i never got flagged. In rift i trid to target her and fire a arrow at her.. Message in chat Pvp flag in compatible with target! I was not flagged from it and she took no damage.

Me still on rogue and how she is on her guardian mage (yes she likes mages). She pvp flagged i was not due to disable pvp auto flag setting. Tried to buf her once again the pvp message she did not review the buf. I changed to bard spec.. she stayed pvp flagged and took damage from npc's i cast coda for regen hp and i got heals she did not! i was not pvp flagged!

The main difference is that in Rift there's a setting you can change to persistently turn auto-flagging off.

But if you don't tick that selection box, you can still get auto-flagged by attacking a player of the opposing fraction.

I've had situations with zone events in Stillmoor where I had auto-flagging turned on and used AoE with players of oppsing fraction nearby, this flagged me for PvP.

Personally I like auto-flagging at times. Generally speaking I usually play on PvE servers because I often like the atmosphere better and my friends mostly are on there. But I still occasionally am up for some PvP and sort of like the risk of being auto-flagged because that means I have to be more aware of my surroundings and gives a better sense of danger.

In SW:TOR I don't have this problem because I play on a PvP server for a change but I understand the frustration of PvE players and the best solution imho would be to also make a setting available to permanently disable auto-flagging. Best of both worlds imo.

edit: How did my message get posted a second time, it's allready on previous page and I didn't re-submit it. Can an admin please delete this duplicate msg? Cheers!

Edited by Holskabard

WRONG.

If a Player is flagged, you can hit him ieven if you arent flagged. This applies to every PvE server I've played on in just about any MMO ive ever played. Its a crap thing to do, but people do do it. Normally there are stop gaps put in place though, like AoE cannot cause you to hit the target and other things. It doesn't appear that TOR has them in place "yet".

As for the OP. Come on. Its a death each. Its not a big deal. If one incident like this has you "very upset" then you should probably not be playing a MMO.

One incident? You're missing the point. This should never be possible. The fact that it is possible means that a "PVE" player on a "PVE" server must alter their playstyle in a continuous effort to remain unflagged for "PVP." This is not the way it should be.

So it's not just one incident, it's the fact that it must take over your entire play experience in order to avoid it, or you must give in and allow the kiddies to demand and get your attention anytime, entirely at their whim. You must do what they want, when they want, not when you want. Do you get it now?

If I want to have to play watching my back against other players all the time, I'll roll on a PVP server. I'll grant that that has it's appeal IN IT'S PROPER PLACE. I played on a PVP server in MxO because some friends were there. But it doesn't belong on a PVE server.

I agree with the people that said you probably performed an AoE that hit the flagged enemy. This is actually working as intended. If someone is flagged, they can be attacked by people who are not flagged. That is how the flag works.

I buffed a guy in Mos Iila who was flagged and it flagged me... Just need to be more mindful in the future.