Worst thing about SWTOR?

Papazooki

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Perfect example of somebody who thinks what he has to say is soooo much more valuable than anybody else, can't stop talking, and can't understand why everybody doesn't see his "logic." AKA, a troll of another sort.

I never said my opinion is any more or less valid than anyone else, I do think that my being logical and at least trying not to be rude does disqualify me from being a troll.

And really? Typing a lot makes me a troll? Oh dear.

Just because I speak a lot does not mean I'm a troll, and I've been understanding to people who cannot see my "logic". You should at least read the some of my posts before saying I'm a troll. I even went so far as to apologize when I realized that I'd crossed the line. You're right, if I'm a troll, I'm DEFINITELY a troll of another sort.

Edited by BobTheTeepo

What do you think is the single worst thing about swtor?

I have a HUGE list, personally.. but if I had to name one:

Combat mechanics.. far too clunky.

Your turn :)

likewise I have a huge list.

But. lack of polish I think is what bugs me most.

LOADS of bugs were reported in beta that made it in game, I just cant believe a game in this state was allowed to be released and for them to expect people to pay a sub for it, to me that speaks volumes about BWs attitude to its playerbase.

LOADS of bugs were reported in beta that made it in game, I just cant believe a game in this state was allowed to be released and for them to expect people to pay a sub for it, to me that speaks volumes about BWs attitude to its playerbase.

EA forced them to release it, BioWare wanted to drag it into 2012. EA has a habit of forcing unfinished games into release and then wondering why they get alot of hate.

There is nothing really horrible about the game, just a lot of bugs and a general lack of modern play style choices that are in most MMOs these days.

That said i have un-subbed until i see some progress on fixing and implementing modern items so i don't feel as though i am beta testing a game from 2002 - 2005.

I also will be looking at any new titles released by this company or EA with a much harsher eye for evaluation before making a purchase, as well as letting my friends know that they should steer clear of this for the time being.

There is nothing really horrible about the game, just a lot of bugs and a general lack of modern play style choices that are in most MMOs these days.

That said i have un-subbed until i see some progress on fixing and implementing modern items so i don't feel as though i am beta testing a game from 2002 - 2005.

I also will be looking at any new titles released by this company or EA with a much harsher eye for evaluation before making a purchase, as well as letting my friends know that they should steer clear of this for the time being.

Well said. Every one of my friends (except 2 [who are contemplating qutting]) have left to go back.. to 'other things'.

Agree, they should of released later..

I actually don't want this game to succeed because uninnovative two faction WoW clones that are actually Warhammer Online clones need to die yet another horrible, meaningless death for the industry to get the idea that we all want to move on from the mechanics WoW introduced us to; otherwise, we'd still all be playing WoW, and that you can't beat the top dog in the industry by offering nothing new besides story and voice overs for every meaningless little insignificant quest that you run.

WoW introduced mechanics to the MMO genre? o.O I'm shocked! I can'Ät remember a single peace of game mechanics in WoW, that actually haven't been taken from other MMOs

People who complain about there not being enough end game content when in fact this game has the most content of any MMO at launch.

Also those that complain about bugs at launch hailing it as the worst launch ever yet fail to remember WoW had weeks of constant downtime's and crashes. (Was almost the worst launch ever if not for SWG)

Edited by Jaick

Broken mechanics (melee combat and tanking mechanic in pvp are 2 examples).But i think they will change it would be stupid to have only inquisitors and sages running around and the only melee that are actually valuable in 60 valor up pvp , the 3 hit wonders Ops.:p

Just give them time i remember other mmos including WoW at the very first beginning they all had their problems

I have to keep repeating the question because people keep saying "this game is fine". I understand you think that, but that was not the question asked in the OP.

The question is "what is the worst thing about swtor", and it will vary from person to person, but EVERYONE will have something they don't like as much. EVERYONE.

look here:

Papazooki.

The problem is the way you approach this subject. If you want people to give you straight forward answers without all the nonsense in between, then you cannot appear biased from the start.

Try Titling it something like:

-- Rate features 1 - 10 and average them out

-- Best and Worst Features. Tell us yours!

-- List out all of the features and have everyone rate them.

-- Create a top ten list in order of importance.

-- Areas you would like fixed

See how those sound less biased? They don't immediately put people on the defensive with you simply by the title.

Secondly, you can't claim that anyone who enjoys this game is a fanboy just because you aren't.

Yes, there are fan boys out there, and there are regular MMO fans that also enjoy this game, not just one or the other, this isn't black and white.

Who is here?

Pre-20th -- Everyone free on forums who spent $5.00, includes those who dislike the game completely.

Post-20th -- Those with enough interest in the game willing to spend the money on subscription.

What does this mean?

It means that those who are still here most likely want this game to succeed. It also means that MOST of the pollution in the forums will disappear. There will still be complaint threads, and people who dislike the game. The sheer volume will drop dramatically though, and that will create a much friendlier environment to play in.

Unbiased, without emotion, constructive threads is what this game needs to build a good community.

this is an example of constructive post, aiming to help community grow and give proper feedback to the devs.

your post is an advertisement for the link in your sig and may be a strange way to scratch your ego, since there is nothing constructive in it. and you already got your answer. i am actually happy thinking the forums will breath freely in mere 3 days.

look here:

this is an example of constructive post, aiming to help community grow and give proper feedback to the devs.

your post is an advertisement for the link in your sig and may be a strange way to scratch your ego, since there is nothing constructive in it. and you already got your answer. i am actually happy thinking the forums will breath freely in mere 3 days.

What does that have to do with my post that you quoted?

And how did I already get my answer? I'm asking everyone.. not just one person.