To the "Nothing to do at 50" crowd.

Sparklehorse

You could have just written "Grind content with no story, or story you've already played" 12 times...

Name a MMO where grinding the same story over and over isn't grinding the same story? I am confused as to what you think Bioware was to do different on repeats?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally you can list a myriad of things to do at end game in any MMO, even new ones. However the people complaining about not having anything to do is generally due to the fact that they find the things at end game to be boring or not worth the effort. And in that case they are right from their point of view. They are left then with the option of paying to be bored or quitting.

No that's your opinion.............. Not fact so give it a rest.

No you give it a rest,

get your facts straight and get off the forums and play the game you "so love"

if you have to defend a game from a bunch of people (and a bunch of people disagree with you.)

I would bet there is a huge issue that you aren't seeing ... like the issue that everything you posted way WRONG! (in the context you attempted to spin it/)

In general, you are a commander of the obvious, because none of us knew you could do any of the things you listed hahaha~

1: Run Flash Points. - No point at 50, your orange gear + mods are better than most, if not all, gear that drops

2: Run Hard Mode Flash Points. - Most of these are bugged and not currently worth the time investment as orange + daily mods = better

3: Do daily repeatable quests on Illum for gear upgrades or just for credits or just for (gasp) fun. - Don't find these fun, the PvP daily/weekly is a joke as everyone just trades and credits are easy to make without doing dailies.

4: Do repeatable group quests on other planets, some of which have specific goals in mind, for instance, there is a planet where you can do daily group quests that reward orange level gear specifically for your companions. - Again see the reasoning behind #1

5: Craft. Believe it or not, some people LOVe doing this and it is actually quite entertaining in this game. - Crafting is done by your companions, requires no investment on your part other than REing items

6: PVP. It's pretty good here. Lots of reasons to do this, particularly with the coming ranking system. This will keep some people very busy for days on end. - Couldn't disagree more. The warzones are very basic and in it's current state I don't find any enjoyment in these.

7: Socialize. Yes, people do still like to just "hang out" and have fun shooting the breeze. Get in there and meet new people you anti-social gits! - First thing on the list I can agree with. Lot of former WoW guildies I haven't talked to in forever have moved here, only reason I'm still around at this point.

8: Space Combat. Many people enjoy this very much. - It's like 5 maps where the stuff doesn't die as fast and they throw in a super ship. Super easy and insanely repetitive.

9: Run normal mode, 8 man operations. Some good story here and very simple to organize and complete. - No different than WoW, once you've seen it it isn't new and the nonstop grind for gear killed my interest in WoW long ago.

1. Correct.

2. Incorrect, Energized gear is slightly better and COLUMI gear drops from final bosses.

3. Dailies give BEST IN SLOT Implants/Earpieces are there are dailies on Belsavis as well.

4. Correct, but helping friends is always nice and a good way to waste time.

5. You still have to set them out on things, and they give damn near BiS Items(I can make Rakata Bracers/belts.)

6. Sounds like a personal problem. Though, ability delay does kill the fun a bit.

7. No point in saying anything more.

8. Some space missions are incredibly hard, as seen by the people complaining on these forums. You really shouldn't comment on things you've barely experienced at all obviously.

9. Here we don't have DBM to guide the fights. I personally find it to be a BLAST figuring everything out and actually having to call things out.

I really hate when people do this. Multiple difficulty levels is not more content. If my single player game has 3 difficulty settings for me to choose from, it doesn't make it 3 times the game.

It may be harder and offer better rewards, but it's still the same thing. Maybe if the FPs beyond BT/Esseles had effort put into their design I'd be willing to do them more.

The fact players can sit there and try and justify the lack of end game execution is bad because it was a 2011/2012 astounds me.....

What the majority of players don't seem to grasp is that a MMO is more than just a game with stuff on it. You do realize these company's look as far as peoples psychology to how they make the game as well as a business.

As BW have said in several comments, if they were just throw ton's of content at the start, it would actually put off a % of the player base being over whelmed..... Yes as ridiculous as that may sound there are allot of players out there who do like to take things steady. There are players who have played MMO's who may have never done a raid. Progressive content relase is just one of the ways to combat players being over whelmed or put off. Not to mention it's a business. What a stupid idea to throw in loads of content from the word go. If players believe MMO's in the fourth coming year will be heads above this game at release as far as the amount of content at end game, then your clearly naive. No company would do that. It holds players subscriptions with delayed content. Draw them in with some initial game play and then keep feeding players content steadily content.

8. Some space missions are incredibly hard, as seen by the people complaining on these forums. You really shouldn't comment on things you've barely experienced at all obviously.

I lol'd irl here. I got my Hot Shot pilot title on my 2nd try of the final space battle. It was easy once I saw what they changed from the last mission using this map. Sure some people may have issues, I personally didn't.

While I enjoy the game, it lacks content. Ops are unheroic (though soa's "face, meet floor, floor meet face" is enjoyable at first, bonthrashers "every man for himself" too) and the only thing there is reward, loot, lewt, epix and thats just sad (and old and boring and bugged, so much fun when you cant get your lewt from the chest...).

PvP is lacking, there's nothing like alterac valley from WoW, where you can just fight and have fun. Its either buggy hateball against premades or mythical world pvp.

Also FAKKEN LAGGY.

p.s. Space missions too hard? Go play some Touhou, in 30 minutes you'll laugh at swtor space combat.

Edited by Vesperr

I don't know, I personally just plan to make all 8 classes (4 on each side) and go over their respective storyline at 50, instead of end game content.

That's a personal choice though due to the fact that my system/connection along with RL won't allow me enough time to do end game content.

I know most quests will be same, but at least game play and storyline will be somewhat different.

The thing OP forgets is that those things on his list have to be actually worth doing in terms of fun-factor, and almost nothing on that list is actually fun at 50.

Really, nothing about TOR is particularly compelling once the "zomg awesome story" spell starts to wear off. Other than presentation, everything about the game is either average or below average. If my entire reason to play TOR is for daillies and raiding / dungeons, I'm going to play a game like Rift which has much better raiding and dungeons.

That's the point OP is missing. The people saying "there's nothing to do at 50" are really saying, "none of the endgame content in TOR is worth doing."

The thing OP forgets is that those things on his list have to be actually worth doing in terms of fun-factor, and almost nothing on that list is actually fun at 50.

Really, nothing about TOR is particularly compelling once the "zomg awesome story" spell starts to wear off. Other than presentation, everything about the game is either average or below average. If my entire reason to play TOR is for daillies and raiding / dungeons, I'm going to play a game like Rift which has much better raiding and dungeons.

That's the point OP is missing. The people saying "there's nothing to do at 50" are really saying, "none of the endgame content in TOR is worth doing."

Agreed. This game was marketed based on it's story, which I agree is better than every other MMO I've played. However, it doesn't exist at 50 which is a huge problem imo. They got away from their strength, the story, and they don't do the end game grind content as well as others.

Agreed. This game was marketed based on it's story, which I agree is better than every other MMO I've played. However, it doesn't exist at 50 which is a huge problem imo. They got away from their strength, the story, and they don't do the end game grind content as well as others.

The story is finite so I don't think that would really make it any better. Yea it's nice and questing is fun and I know what's going on and such but like you said the end game grind isn't handled well and the game clearly suffered because of the "4th pillar"

1: Run Flash Points.

- If done a lot already it gets boring really fast

2: Run Hard Mode Flash Points.

- Yeah, let's do the Flashpoints again, but this time with mobs that have higher hp and hit slighty harder. This concept needs to die asap as it's not extra content

3: Do daily repeatable quests on Illum for gear upgrades or just for credits or just for (gasp) fun.

- No, just no. Dailies are nothing better than a grind

4: Do repeatable group quests on other planets, some of which have specific goals in mind, for instance, there is a planet where you can do daily group quests that reward orange level gear specifically for your companions.

- Keyword: Repeatable

5: Craft. Believe it or not, some people LOVe doing this and it is actually quite entertaining in this game.

- Except that all the crew skills except Biochem are worthwhile at level 50. The rest is crap and has no benefit at all

6: PVP. It's pretty good here. Lots of reasons to do this, particularly with the coming ranking system. This will keep some people very busy for days on end.

- Needs changes and tweaking first. As it is now it's a grind, imbalanced and lagging loop of fruity pebbles

As for the dailies. I did a few. Couldn't bare it much longer. Just my opinion. If you love them. All the power to you.

Bugged and rewards are meh.

Woopie do, grind the same quest over and over, so immersive voice acting oh my god I feel so heroic.

Biochem or bust it seems, for their reusable consumables, no point crafting armors and whatnot.

by the time I got enough centurion commendations for one piece of centurion gear, I had all Champion pieces except gloves, eventually the same will happen with battlemaster.

eh...

Starfox only goes so far

Here's where you insert Ohlen's quote regarding a group of heroes vs one big monster, "its not heroic guys"

I guess its either grind valor rank so I can RNG some battlemaster gear, and grind operations in the meantime.

CONGRATULATIONS!! You have finished the game. Due to your lack of desire and motivation you may now call it quits and stop all activity. Please return to watching reruns on TV and staring at that bowl of Cheetos on your lap. We note your logic in this post and it is apparent that this is your normal world view and you will likely fall into a coma due to severe personal boredom. Thank you for playing this game and doing everything humanly possible leaving absolutely nothing left to do.

Edited by SDell

So,

Level, Craft, talk to people, raid and quest (do dailies.)

Ok this is every MMO on the planet Earth.

With less raids, boring repeatables (the spacebar is annoying.) The content is buggy (especially 16 man.) None of these you have tried (ignorant post.) No mention of nightmare modes (way buggy and again, shows you are uniformed.) ... and dailies ... ok, 2 days and you are upgraded / modded.

A week of FPs BAM, near or at Full T2 (if you can get groups.) The FPs are also spacebar bore fests.

PvP / quests yadda yadda, you are stating opinion, and Hutball is not fun ... most agree (especially republic side,) and probably IMP side, especially on Imp dominated servers (imbalanced factions,) where most of those queues for them are in fact Huttball.

So yes,

Buggy raids and FPs

Annoying PVP

Boring dailies

Nothing worth crafting (even the alien datacard stuff is lackluster.)

Guess there are magenta crystals and datacrons. (66/67 cause of the buddy Illum) .. and the repub plus 10 ... but even then, annoyingly buggy and frustrating experience for the min/maxer.

Then quit. Don't bother us by complaining about a game you obviously don't find entertaining.

• 1 month later...
I just hit 50 about 2 weeks ago on my Bounty Hunter and do to my complete lack of MMO experience have only gotten in 2 Hard Mode Black Talon runs and 1 Hard Mode Boarding Party run in. I do agree with the people who say dailies are a find though. I like the fact that I have a challenge to get the 360 daily commendations needed for my Rakata earpiece and implants but the constant doing and redoing of quests is seriously getting on my nerves to the point where I just want to go spend 3 straight days leveling my Sith Inquisitor alt without logging into my Bounty Hunter at all.

I agree that there are somethings to do, But in a game where you pay to play every month, you don't really want to pay to just do the daily quests do you?

Yes there are high level FPs (HM) and Ops, but how can you really do them when the servers are ghost towns? there just is not one to play with.

And don't get me started on the legacy system, they said that they won't be allowing cross server. Which means you have to grind from start all over again. With the legacy system you are encouraged to play on the same server, which is fine, but BW will have to do something servers being empty.

I didn't read the comments but it's the ones done with everything you listed 10 times over is why most are bored.

You've been 50 a week. Most of us that are bored have been 50 since Late December/early January.

So, if you want to come back in April/May, you will feel the same way, although you will have 1.2 so you are going at a good pace.

I think WoW endgame is better in terms of what I have read so far but I will just see how it goes when I get there, I personally hate the QUEST part of MMO's and I can't wait until its all over and, Max level and no more questing.

WoW had good incentives to go and world raid the other faction this I can only tell so far has no such thing as invading the other Factions home turf, Sitting around talking in a game you actually PAY to play is pointless.

Repeating Content and quests is also pointless I won't be paying a monthly sub to repeat a bunch of stuff I have already repeated 100 times to get the best gear.

The only way to escape it is more content you simply cannot argue it. I also don't care if you know that this game is not a WoW clone its an MMO and in a PVP server I expect to be able to harass who ever I WANT WHEREVER I want and with as many people that want come.

I don't expect to see limited world availability depend on faction I am I wish to at max levels to be able to travel to any place I see fit. So far I just don't see this happening and that is what this game is missing for the those who complain about end game content with nothing to do but wait for an expansion that is the only reason they would stick around.

How is grinding dailies and redoing dungeons any different to what people are doing in WoW?

There was a very long period between WotLK and Cata, where people just grinded the same heroics, and that was in addition to the time they grinded them since the start of WotLK. And you couldn't choose the heroic in a random heroic for the 2 frost emblems, so you ended up doing the original heroics like utgarde keep for years. You've only been grinding in SW:TOR for, what, 3 months?

I just don't understand, why is grinding in SW:TOR under so much scrutiny, yet when WoW does it, it's ok? How come these people were never bored with grinding in WoW for years, but when they come to SW:TOR for 3 months, it is all of a sudden the biggest crime in MMO history?

Edited by ConradLionhart

I hit 50 last week and between running hard mode flash points, doing dailies on Illum, gearing 6 characters (yes you need to gear your companions as well,) slowly working on my pvp ranking, crafting, I am finding that there isn't enough time in the day to accomplish all of my daily goals.

Last night my guild completed EV, 8 man. It took about 3 hours and was good fun with some awesome content. After EV we cleared Hutt Hospitality, the other operation (raid.) It took less than 30 minutes to organize these and on normal mode they are no more difficult than a hard mode flash point. Overall, a very fun and interesting way to spend 3 hours on a Sunday evening with friends.

So let us be very clear here.

At 50 you can:

1: Run Flash Points.

2: Run Hard Mode Flash Points.

3: Do daily repeatable quests on Illum for gear upgrades or just for credits or just for (gasp) fun.

4: Do repeatable group quests on other planets, some of which have specific goals in mind, for instance, there is a planet where you can do daily group quests that reward orange level gear specifically for your companions.

5: Craft. Believe it or not, some people LOVe doing this and it is actually quite entertaining in this game.

6: PVP. It's pretty good here. Lots of reasons to do this, particularly with the coming ranking system. This will keep some people very busy for days on end.

7: Socialize. Yes, people do still like to just "hang out" and have fun shooting the breeze. Get in there and meet new people you anti-social gits!

8: Space Combat. Many people enjoy this very much.

9: Run normal mode, 8 man operations. Some good story here and very simple to organize and complete.

10: Run hard mode, 8 man operations. Again, easy to organize but a much steeper learning curve with gear rewards that reflect this.

11: Run 16 man normal operations. Harder to organize but much more epic in scale. If you have a big guild or a huge friends list or both, it's well worth the time to organize one of these and get it going.

12: Run 16 man operations on hard mode. Not for the feint of heart but just what the doctor ordered for others.

So there. Took me 5 minutes to think of 12 things you can do at 50. This list encompasses all player types and I dare you to find time to do all of these and still be bored.

I submit that if people are bored at 50, the problem lies in the person themselves and not with the content that has been provided.

It's like my dear old granny used to say. If you're bored, you're boring.

Guess you are not 50 yet, give it 2 weeks...

I'm seriously gonna subscribe to this and wite this down. Next time I'm on I can look at the list of things to do to remind me. haha not kidding. Not reading the comments here... Because I just know that they are going to be flaming me or this thread. Not worth my time. ;) Edited by reaperkeepet