To the "Nothing to do at 50" crowd.

Sparklehorse

I don't know what makes me more sad.

The fact that this thread was even needed in the first place.

The number of people who totally missed the point.

Or the number of people who have absolutely no clue about how to read a game forum.

Here's a hint to all of you "you haven't been 50 long enough to know what you're talking about" crowd.

Read the friggin' post date.

This thread was started MID JANUARY geniuses.

Somebody necro'd it.

Yes I am still having fun btw, to those of you who made this intellectual leap.

This is the worst community ever.

I completely agree. What some people call a grind(PvP) I call something to aspire to. I do agree with the poster above however that the token system is screwy. I'm never gonna run anothe Belsavis or Ilum daily once I get my Rakata implant.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: Run Flash Points.

2: Run Hard Mode Flash Points.

3: Do daily repeatable quests on Illum for gear upgrades or just for credits or just for (gasp) fun.

4: Do repeatable group quests on other planets, some of which have specific goals in mind, for instance, there is a planet where you can do daily group quests that reward orange level gear specifically for your companions.

5: Craft. Believe it or not, some people LOVe doing this and it is actually quite entertaining in this game.

6: PVP. It's pretty good here. Lots of reasons to do this, particularly with the coming ranking system. This will keep some people very busy for days on end.

7: Socialize. Yes, people do still like to just "hang out" and have fun shooting the breeze. Get in there and meet new people you anti-social gits!

8: Space Combat. Many people enjoy this very much.

9: Run normal mode, 8 man operations. Some good story here and very simple to organize and complete.

10: Run hard mode, 8 man operations. Again, easy to organize but a much steeper learning curve with gear rewards that reflect this.

11: Run 16 man normal operations. Harder to organize but much more epic in scale. If you have a big guild or a huge friends list or both, it's well worth the time to organize one of these and get it going.

12: Run 16 man operations on hard mode. Not for the feint of heart but just what the doctor ordered for others.

I applaud your effort, but...

Don't think anyone is saying there is nothing to do for a fresh 50. It's the people that have done alot of that stuff.

1. I'll run it for the codex entry if I don't have, but was is the point other than that?

2. Did that for a while, but after you have full columi you probably won't want to do them anymore unless it is to help someone else gear-up.

3. Lol, for fun. Say that after you have grinded the two implants. I can't bring myself to grind the earpiece, I will wait for the drop. (I still run these for credits though)

4. Alot of those can actually be solo'd at 50 probably. Good idea if you are a completionist though.

5. Yeah, crafting is OK, should get better with 1.2 hopefully.

6. Meh, gear based PvP is kind of stupid imo. I want my skill to determine if I win, not an expertise rating. (not trying to sound condescending, just not my bag is all)

7. Good one, one of these reasons I still play is because of real life friends in game.

8. It's fun sometimes, doing dailies for credits is always a plus. I just think it's somewhat lackluster. Which is OK considering it's not the bread and butter of the game.

9. Same issue as HM FP, once you have Columi you don't really need anything in there.

10. **** SOA on HM/NMM, I don't...never...ahhhhhhh...****...I hate that guy!!! Not running this anymore until bugs are fixed. I can't afford anymore.

11. I suppose...

12. See number 10

Or the number of people who have absolutely no clue about how to read a game forum.

Here's a hint to all of you "you haven't been 50 long enough to know what you're talking about" crowd.

Somebody necro'd it.

/facepalm...**** Didn't notice this was necro'd

Edited by Lugosi

I agree with the OP.

Too all of you who only complain and nag...stop playing MMO´s. they are all the same when you reach lvl cap, get that in your heads. And for crying out loud, you cant compare swtor to wow. Wow have had 7 years to eprfect their game and still offers little to do at lvl85. try too udnerstand, its the same in all mmo´s out there, but swtor has time to eprfect their game, the others dont.

So stop the *****-complaining and stop play mmo´s!

I've been asking for Cross Server flashpoints since day 1. Not because I want to destroy communities but because I just want to play the game on my own agenda. WoW is offering me a "free" transfer to my friends server and a free 80! That is customer service and why so many are going back to WoW :) Never seen so many people on my old server... geesh.

This game will hopefully be good in 6-10 months (by my standards)

That right there is its own issue. Some people within the TOR community are under the impression that allot of quality of life and customization things that some of us want will "Destroy the game", or "Ruin the game" if you will. I dont believe that things such as Cross server PVP, Cross server Flash-points, even the dreaded AC respec (Not infinite, but only to correct a mistake) are things that will incite TORmageddon! These things exist in many other games, and its not that much to ask for when you consider just how many MMO's are on the market today, be they FTP or PTP. Having a Star Wars theme is not enough these days to maintain a subscriber base that has "been there, done that".

We also have to take into consideration the age of the game. While i do believe the content is "On par" with most other games that are out there, i think BioWare needed to take into consideration the things that the players have been accustomed to, rather than, in my opinion, gambling on the SW theme to keep players interested.

There are a few things, i believe, to be the cause of so many population woes. First being the early access. Everyone jumped at the chance to pick a server, save their names, and start playing. The Queues went through the roof, and BioWare released even more servers. The also assigned guilds to servers, rather than letting them pick their own. New servers came out, people jumped ship to avoid horrible Queues. Now we have the folks having to re-roll because of the Asian servers coming online. All of these things make me feel as though some things were not thought through very well.

I will praise BioWare for the awesome Voice over's they put in the game. BUT, when you hit lvl 50 there's not much you are going to care about hearing again. And when you decide its time to try a different AC, your not going to care very much about the voice overs because you have already, "Been there, Done that".

Then i get the the Legacy system. Its a great idea. If there were more character slots as well as more classes in the first place. I for one have my server maxed out. In order for me to take advantage of the so called "Jesus Patch", i would have to delete a character, and start from scratch, making the time i had spent on those characters worthless, and having to listen to the same story line yet again. To me that is a slap in the face. In the end, the Legacy system is a great idea, but it should have been in place at launch, not in 1.2 where they are trying to add new content to keep people from Un-subing.

I'm not exactly bored at 50, but many of your points are horrible...

I hit 50 last week and between running hard mode flash points, doing dailies on Illum, gearing 6 characters (yes you need to gear your companions as well,) slowly working on my pvp ranking, crafting, I am finding that there isn't enough time in the day to accomplish all of my daily goals.

Last night my guild completed EV, 8 man. It took about 3 hours and was good fun with some awesome content. After EV we cleared Hutt Hospitality, the other operation (raid.) It took less than 30 minutes to organize these and on normal mode they are no more difficult than a hard mode flash point. Overall, a very fun and interesting way to spend 3 hours on a Sunday evening with friends.

So let us be very clear here.

At 50 you can:

1: Run Flash Points.

2: Run Hard Mode Flash Points.

No, I can stand around Fleet spamming LFG for a good long time. I may get a group or I may have wasted my time, it really depends on the night I guess.

3: Do daily repeatable quests on Illum for gear upgrades or just for credits or just for (gasp) fun.

Daily quests are a grind. They are preparing to play. They are not playing. They are not fun.

4: Do repeatable group quests on other planets, some of which have specific goals in mind, for instance, there is a planet where you can do daily group quests that reward orange level gear specifically for your companions.

Again, this requires a group except now I get to spam a planet that has less than 10% of the population of Fleet, where it's really hard to find a group. The benefit to these is most can be 2-manned so I only need to find 1 other player. Sometimes viable, but like the daily repeatables, they're grinding to prepare to play and not actually playing.

5: Craft. Believe it or not, some people LOVe doing this and it is actually quite entertaining in this game.

I would love to craft. The problem with crafting is that you have to RE in order to get anything worth crafting. BW has said themselves that RE is broken and will be fixed in 1.2. Crafting right now means wasting both time and materials.

6: PVP. It's pretty good here. Lots of reasons to do this, particularly with the coming ranking system. This will keep some people very busy for days on end.

You got me here. I don't PvP. I simply don't enjoy it.

7: Socialize. Yes, people do still like to just "hang out" and have fun shooting the breeze. Get in there and meet new people you anti-social gits!

8: Space Combat. Many people enjoy this very much.

I do this sometimes, sure.

9: Run normal mode, 8 man operations. Some good story here and very simple to organize and complete.

10: Run hard mode, 8 man operations. Again, easy to organize but a much steeper learning curve with gear rewards that reflect this.

11: Run 16 man normal operations. Harder to organize but much more epic in scale. If you have a big guild or a huge friends list or both, it's well worth the time to organize one of these and get it going.

12: Run 16 man operations on hard mode. Not for the feint of heart but just what the doctor ordered for others.

If it's hard to impossible to get a group of 4 for flashpoints, how is it going to be any easier to get 8 or 16 skilled enough to to these?

So there. Took me 5 minutes to think of 12 things you can do at 50. This list encompasses all player types and I dare you to find time to do all of these and still be bored.

Congrats. I can rattle off 12 reasons off the top of my head how the masses of unemployed can get employed. That doesn't mean they're actually reasonable, helpful suggestions that might actually work.

I submit that if people are bored at 50, the problem lies in the person themselves and not with the content that has been provided.

It's like my dear old granny used to say. If you're bored, you're boring.

Btw guys, think about this again:

* 300 million dollars in budget

* 6 years development time

...and this was the result. Yikes! :eek: Who pocketed the money?!?

Edited by xioix

Btw guys, think about this again:

* 300 million dollars in budget

* 6 years development time

...and this was the result. Yikes! :eek: Who pocketed the money?!?

Too much emphasis on leveling content, yeah that did wonders for WoW when they diverted resources from end game to revamp the original content

yeah, i agree with the OP. at level 50, you can attend so many different themes within the park known as SWTOR! best of all, most of these are available on the fleet, so you don't have to waste your time visiting the dead planets of the galaxy.

this is probably the most advanced MMO ive ever played.

Thing that always confuses me is how people compare it to... "that other..." Ef it. It's called WoW.

People compare it to WoW saying how much more there is to do in that game.

Yep... You get to 85 then you run heroic dungeons, run raids and pvp. I guess you have achievements but, we have a similar system with the codex.

Granted, I think SWTOR should try to one up WoW's endgame but, to say there is more endgame to do in one than the other is a bit off.

But, what do i know?

Why do you need to gear up your companions? Soloing at 50 is pretty easy and 90% of the time you're going to use the same companion so why would you go out if your way to gear them all?

Once you've done the two operations 3-4 times you'll be full columi so why run hard modes?

I'm not agreeing that the game is boring at 50 but you don't need to do any of the tasks you listed.

Somebody necro'd it.

no it isn't, Syria has worse issues.

I have a better idea to do when bored at 50, but do these at your own risk.

Try to break narratives.

Search for holes in invisible walls.

Try to get behind instance portals.

See if you can derail the on-rail space combat.

Once an instance has been cleared, look for holes in the geometry to get to closed off places.

Same with your ship.

Try to find and then experiement with features that are only partially implimented.

I used to do these in WoW for fun a long time ago and do fondly recall getting in to places like Hyjal or the HFP prototype long before either of these places were officially released. Damn No man's land debuff.

You seem to be confused. SWTOR represents the bottom of the barrel in terms of what MMORPG's should be. GW2 is going to be an amazing MMORPG, maybe that's more suited for him.

GW2 oh God that made me laugh! You GW fans are in for a big shock LMAO! :p

GW2 oh God that made me laugh! You GW fans are in for a big shock LMAO! :p

I don't really know what you're talking about. I've played the GW2 demo at G-star, and I've seen A LOT of videos of the game, it's going to be ridiculously good.

You may want to replace "GW" fans with "SWTOR" fans, because the only disappointment has been this sad excuse for an MMORPG.

Edited by Poogination

Somebody necro'd it.

Oh yes I agree! /necro :p

I don't really know what you're talking about. I've played the GW2 demo at G-star, and I've seen A LOT of videos of the game, it's going to be ridiculously good.

You may want to replace "GW" fans with "SWTOR" fans, because the only disappointment has been this sad excuse for an MMORPG.

Btw before I let this thread rot in it's necroing state you really DO NOT judge a game just by a demo and videos. The devs know all the good stuff to get people excited and the game isn't even released yet! And this has. And a new update is coming every two months! The biggest in MMO history! I will not discuss this sad excuse for a troll any further.

Edited by reaperkeepet

well i am almost a 8 year vet of City of Heroes, I have 20 or so lvl 50s, my first took 700 hours of play.and I have lots of alts.They are of lots of different powesets,heck they just added two powersets this lst 2 weeks. With what I have read and some playing on test server,theyare "nudging" us to play different types of char. so if your bored with your 50 try another one of a different type.

The problem isnt that their isnt enough content in my opinnion. Its that the way BW has set up progression through this content that is the problem.

When i hit 50 i ran HM FP's I think they are alot of fun and really well done, but within 2 days i had my full 5 set plus my offhand / every single columi piece you get fromm a last boss in the HM FP's. Obviously its not typical to get all of this stuff within 2 days (I ran 5 FP's and got 5 pieces) but regardless its shouldnt take longer than a week or maybe 2 tops. Then HM FP's are useless progression wise. Also if you have gotten geared out through HM FP's normal operations are also (aside from an item or 2) pretty useless progression wise since normal mode operations drop the exact same loot as HM FP's.

Then you progress on to hard mode operations and since columi comms give you the exact same loot youve already gotten from HM FP's and Normal mode Op's those become useless to you as well. Once you have full columi their is something discouraging about realizing that their is only 1 set of gear left in the game to get, and that is it. There isnt any unique items in this game that arent part of sets, they set up PVE progression to be like PVP gear progression, where a season (raid) basically only gives you one new set. Thats was always one of the reasons i disliked PVP its gearing system was so linear, you were always just working towards 1 or maybe 2 new sets every season. Now BW has thought this would be a good idea to do for PVE too.

So after full columi all you have left to do is get 1 new set Rakata then your done, for rakata you have to run Hard mode OP's and wouldnt you know aside from Rakata hard mode ops drop the exact same gear that you get fromm Normal mode Op's as well as hard mode flashpoints (and comm vendors). Rakata will probably take a bit longer to get, but maybe you will get demoralized first realizing the stats arent that much better and its the only set left in the game to get.

I just dont understand what happened, during the leveling process, the gearing system was fantastic, each planet had commendation vendors with their own unique loot, there where TONS of unique drops throughout the world, Flashpoints had their own unique drops as well, and the crafting system had a ton of gear for you to craft for yourself at any level. Its a huge shock when this doesnt continue on into the end game, when you realize that for end game drops in PVE there is really only 4 or so sets (the tier gear, exotech , xenotech, energized thats it) and no "rare items" or items that arent part of sets, just those 4.

Anyways i still love this game, but its just the end game gear progression frusterates me to no end, the orange crit craft system isnt going to make it better either, it will help with customization but not with fixing progression. The new crit craft orange system is essentially turning epic drops into containers for mods. Its their way of dealing with the complaints about lack of gear, but it doesnt really help in any real way.