Why go anything but Biochem?

Zhaos

All the crafting abilities are completely useless in the end game. Why would anyone not want to go biochem for the reusable (and remarkable) medpacks, stims and adrenals?

Has anyone seen any real reason(advantage) to having any other trade skill in the end game? BOP recipes are nearly the equivalent of Tionese grade drops; which was garbage since the 5th day after release.

Please enlighten me or confirm!

All the crafting abilities are completely useless in the end game. Why would anyone not want to go biochem for the reusable (and remarkable) medpacks, stims and adrenals?

Has anyone seen any real reason(advantage) to having any other trade skill in the end game? BOP recipes are nearly the equivalent of Tionese grade drops; which was garbage since the 5th day after release.

Please enlighten me or confirm!

as evidenced by the replies to this post, there is currently no gameplay reason to not go biochem.

While leveling slicing+treasure hunting is probably better. switch to biochem at 50 (or the high 40s)

That's exactly what I did.

Slicing & Treasure Hunting up to 43ish, then swapped Treasure Hunting for Bioanalysis and picked up Biochem.

You definitely don't pick up Biochem for profit. Not to mention, it's only worthwhile towards end-game, since the best items require 48 or higher.

Leave it end-game. There are plenty of other skills that can be profitable and viable by the time you first hit fleet.

As like any other craft, you will need drops from hardmode FP/Op to get your best items. Biochem is no different.

Edited by SodaOfYoda

Because of the Rakata gear you can only obtain through your crew skill of choice.

Right, which are outclassed by PvP and PVE gear at top level. Or you can get stims and medpacks that will be better than anything else anyone can get.

as evidenced by the replies to this post, there is currently no gameplay reason to not go biochem.

Thanks, Axil. That's just about what I figured. I find it more ironic that these forums are constantly populated with questions about any other crew skill when they don't even matter.

Shout out to the trolls as well. Big ups.

Z

If you are planning on endgame raiding then there isn't much benefit. There are a few schematic drops in raids but you can pretty easily maintain quality gear levels without any crafting. Biochem is the only source of top end stims/medpacks.

Now before long biochem will be thouroughly nerfed so ... Then it may suck as much as the rest of the crafting skills. That of course won't stop people from powerleveling alts in it and other skills so gather skills will become the worthwhile crew skills to make money hand over fist.

There is of course a SMALL chance that Bioware will remove or nerf commendation vendors so you can at least sell things to new players/people leveling alts.

Because of the Rakata gear you can only obtain through your crew skill of choice.

Right, which are outclassed by PvP and PVE gear at top level. Or you can get stims and medpacks that will be better than anything else anyone can get.

Except Rakata IS Top teir level. Item rating 140 stuff.

You can even make it exceptional/mastercraft to have an augment

People your doing it wrong.

You go:

Artifice (400) when you got schemantics and craft yourself a relic with crit.

Synthweaving (400) when u got the schemantics and craft the bracer and the belt with crit

Then u reset back to biochem (400) and use your stims again.

No point for having something else than biochem...

You go once 400 because all those high lvl items are BOP then u reset back to biochem because they gonna get the requirement for 400 biochem...

Edited by HellFlame

The game is how old?

Wow Vanilla was nothing special either- it took time to develop.

It'll change eventually. Question is are you patient enough?

I'm in no rush to hit 50... I'm leveling one of each class at the same time... still in my 20's.

If BW hasn't revamped it by the time I hit cap x4 (assuming I even make it that far)... Guild War2 will likely be out and I'll have other options.

SWTOR is just flavor of the month or the season if you prefer... BW only has so long before the next big hit steals marketshare. I don't have to tell you this candid fact. If the game is still as screwed up now... folks will leave for something else.

Having said that- they do have a little time.

The game is how old?

Wow Vanilla was nothing special either- it took time to develop.

It'll change eventually. Question is are you patient enough?

It's not going to change if no one says anything about it.

If crafted gear is useless at the end game, the time spent crafting that gear is useless by default.

Edited by Spymaster

Screw it, I went with Armstech on my Sniper for RP reasons. Stuff your Biochem elitists because Im playing a game to actually have fun, not as a second job that doesnt pay.

That's silly. I have Fun / RP reasons for all of character's crafting choices as well, that doesn't mean it's ok that we make gear no one will actually need.

Edited by Spymaster

well my knight is at 42 and I have artifice, archeology and treasure hunting and I make shield generators and focuses that my knight and companions use. I have made a nice little profit from selling artifact grade gear on the market so if you think the other crew skills are trash, you may want to take another look;)

well my knight is at 42 and I have artifice, archeology and treasure hunting and I make shield generators and focuses that my knight and companions use. I have made a nice little profit from selling artifact grade gear on the market so if you think the other crew skills are trash, you may want to take another look;)

That's amazing...