The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Probably the most antisocial MMO yet.

Qlimitus

Ive played many MMO's from EQ to TOR all the way through the ranks and have never met a more antisocial crowd ( Don't care if you don't want to hear that ) <-- see what i did there?

Ive seen numerous people in game asking for help ( which i do help a lot ) but nobody else even responds let alone helps.Its sad that a game that could have a great sociable factor,is so behind in being actually social.I can't say this on every server but its especially the case on the server i play on.Give the little low levels a hand and stop being so selfish.You were a low level once too you know ( a noob to those who like to use that word ) And peeps,don't take the word noob literally,everyone calls everyone it at some point in the game and although it has no dictionary entry,it should be taken as such ( a none existent word,and doesn't mean squat )

just my little entry

have a nice day =]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive played many MMO's from EQ to TOR all the way through the ranks and have never met a more antisocial crowd ( Don't care if you don't want to hear that ) <-- see what i did there?

Ive seen numerous people in game asking for help ( which i do help a lot ) but nobody else even responds let alone helps.Its sad that a game that could have a great sociable factor,is so behind in being actually social.I can't say this on every server but its especially the case on the server i play on.Give the little low levels a hand and stop being so selfish.You were a low level once too you know ( a noob to those who like to use that word ) And peeps,don't take the word noob literally,everyone calls everyone it at some point in the game and although it has no dictionary entry,it should be taken as such ( a none existent word,and doesn't mean squat )

just my little entry

have a nice day =]

It's the wow mentality, it's spread to here. Combine that with the lack of LFG or any other methods to communicate properly (chat bubbles), it's only going to get worse.

just my little entry

have a nice day =]

So you start with an inflammatory thread title, proceed to posit a personal opinion, follow it up with dismissing everyone else's opinion, and support your argument by saying you see people asking for help and getting none (like that isn't in any other MMO, ffs). Then you conflate not giving people a hand (even if they are halfway across the blasted planet and I've already run that heroic) with being selfish, and then toss in the word n00b to insult people and then claim it wasn't an insult.

*facepalm* You lose the internets, sir.

There also seems to be a lot of players that ninja quest objectives. I can't count the amount of times I've been killing mobs just near the quest objective and someone else comes in and activates/takes the quest item. I find it really rude and really annoying.

Maybe it's me that is too polite? I generally help them kill the mobs or at least wait for them to do what they need to do with the quest objective.

It's the wow mentality, it's spread to here. Combine that with the lack of LFG or any other methods to communicate properly (chat bubbles), it's only going to get worse.

I totally didn't realize about the chat bubbles. wow. the game is so static isn't it? no chat bubbles.. you'd think it would be a small thing but really having to read everything in the top left even things someone just wants to say RIGHT NEXT TO YOU... but with no bubbles :/ it goes to the window -.- so lame

The "lack of help" isn't the game, Jim. It's the community. Bioware can't do crap if I don't want to help someone do Hate Machine or Chamber of Speech if I did it already or if I'm not there yet.

Also, the fact that the word is not in the dictionnary doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It just means it hasn't been accepted by.. whatever organization you english people use to accept words. I think it's "académie de la langue française." The thing is, those people are often disconnected from the rest of the world, and they don't necessarily know/respect the internet community. Much like those cowboys who are in favor of SOPA.

I totally didn't realize about the chat bubbles. wow. the game is so static isn't it? no chat bubbles.. you'd think it would be a small thing but really having to read everything in the top left even things someone just wants to say RIGHT NEXT TO YOU... but with no bubbles :/ it goes to the window -.- so lame

Yes chat bubbles are indeed game breaking....

/facepalm

just my little entry

have a nice day =]

Welcome to post-WOW MMO gaming.

just my little entry

have a nice day =]

there are several easy fixes for this. Lvl chat channels , chat bubles better options for LFG. it lacks social aspects because bioware was way friggin short sighted. Instancing lack of social options and a game designed around a single player story. pretty short sighted

Sadly, this is only going to get worse.

Unfortunately the tedium of leveling another alt through the storyline has made my desire to play another class almost null....

What does this mean? It's simple, if you weren't in the first wave of leveling you're out of luck for randoms. The only remedy for this is to join a mega guild and hope that you can find someone willing to level with you.

It's a bummer, but the fact is that unless you level with the initial wave you're left out in the cold. The only other alternative is to wait for an expansion, more accurately a new race that will cause large portions of the populace to start over again.

So there you have it find a guild with friendly people, or wait until an expansion arrives.

I should add that is not unique to SWTOR, as with most MMO's if you miss out on the initial wave you're pretty much stuck soloing to cap.

There also seems to be a lot of players that ninja quest objectives. I can't count the amount of times I've been killing mobs just near the quest objective and someone else comes in and activates/takes the quest item. I find it really rude and really annoying.

Maybe it's me that is too polite? I generally help them kill the mobs or at least wait for them to do what they need to do with the quest objective.

That happens more than I'd like. But at least once the guy that ninja'd me was ganked almost directly after fleeing the glowie. Hilariously the ganking imps didn't even attack me, they wasted him and drove off. I told him in chat as I left his cold dead body "I woulda helped you if you hadn't stolen my objective.".

After STO, I never thought I'd see another anti-social MMO. TOR has surprised me, and largely for the same reasons you state, OP.

C'mon, man. SWTOR at it's WORST is not as bad as STO. I had a guy go on an epic five minute tirade for having the effrontery to invite him to a group once in STO.