New content coming next week - Rise of the Rakghouls

Justin-Nico

ability delay fixed? NO, fps issues fixed? NO, combat log? working guild UI? overhaul to the CC system in pvp? basic mmo functionalities? NONE of them are part of this "big" patch.

Yet why do I think had they released a patch with only bug fixes, we'd have folks clamoring about how fail this patch will be with no new content...

ability delay fixed? NO, fps issues fixed? NO, combat log? working guild UI? overhaul to the CC system in pvp? basic mmo functionalities? NONE of them are part of this "big" patch.

That is A LOT of crying for one post!

March will also see the game update with guild banks and PVP ranking systems' date=' and Ohlen promises another sweep of bug fixes and tweaks.[/quote']

They didn't mention bug fixes in this update, but that doesn't mean there aren't some. The article seems to focus on the content and not much else.

Edited by Madcatyoji

well of course, these arent the real problems...;) we need more emotes and dance moves.

just to give you some perspective

weekly patches beats anything WoW has ever done. You should see WoW's patch history after launch.

It launched on November 23rd.

First Patch

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.1.2 December 6th. two weeks after launch

this is the only thing they fixed

* Removed time zone tabs from realm list for U.S., all servers now appear in one list.

you really want to talk about Useless bug fixes

Dec 18th almost 1 month after launch came their first real patch

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.2.0

And look it's a content update patch with some minor bug fixes

December 21st

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.2.1

* Rolling for items in the French and German will now work properly.

* Resolved an issue with looting in click to move mode that could cause crashes.

* Performance issues occurring with certain CPUs have been resolved.

OH HEY EVEN WOW HAD PERFORMANCE ISSUES WITH CERTAIN CPUS AT LAUNCH AS WELLL!!!!!

FEBRUARY 15th Thats right almost 2 months past between the last patch

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.2.2

Sorry but Bioware is doing an amazing job so far with the patches. Now if they can keep it up then they will have my money for a long time.

ugh very disapointed with everything other then the pvp bracket thing. macros or addons, queueing for specific pvp zones are two things this game needs asap to keep me here much longer :( which sucks cause i REALLY wanted to stay with this game for awhile

and no I dont like WoW, i played for like 20 hours in vanilla and hated it.

Rift recently was very impressive with its launch features. Really suprised at whats lacking from this game. It has some MAJOR awesome features but missing things that just should not be missing

Edited by AaronPenick

People do not typically play more than one subscription based MMO. This is a truth and unique aspect of the genre. The upshot of this is that the onus is on the devs to release something complete and polished in addition to filling its own niche so that it has a hope of directly competing with the rest of the market.

People who paid money for this game based on all the glowing reviews and fanboy hype have legitimate reasons to be upset that they launched the game at least 3 months early, if features that should have been in at launch aren't coming until March. And frankly, if you don't have people pissed off that they're paying to beta test the game when it's in this state, then the game is in serious trouble, because that implies that people are just becoming apathetic to the whole thing. Or they quit.

I'm sure the forums will largely shut the **** up after the 20th, and the queues will continue to be nonexistent.

This is either your first MMO launch or you are being intellectually dishonest. MOST MMO's don't launch with all their features so your main criticism is not valid IMHO.

BW has acknowledged the flaws and is addressing them while already releasing a major content patch with an even bigger one coming in March. I'm not sure why you are complaining the way you are but meh...

Edited by TrillionBuks

I think the most interesting part of the article is the last sentence. Not hinting is fact but...

But he [Ohlen] did hint that after six years on the project, there’s a chance he’ll be wanting to do something new soon.

Soon TM