overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

Part_Time_Hero

yeah, I have known about alot of these for awhile and its been bugging me, especially the sorc vs sage abilities as all I've done besides the Story is PVP. I'm currently Valor 58.5. and still missing 3 champion items. (I've often wondered about the randomness too.) Countless times I've missed a cap interuption from force wave and been thrown from hutball ramps and void bridges when I hit my wave first. I have to say if balance isn't restored to make things fair and even for both sides in the next big patch or an emergency patch soon, I'll definately be leaving. I had planned on playing A Secret World along with this one, but will dump this maybe for GW2 if factions aren't evened out. Right now I'm giving them a chance. I think they did a fairly good job at class balance, other than Operative opening burst. Also consumables are an issue that needs fixed.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you obviously didnt even care to comment on all thhe other glaring problems he listed that are confirmed ... the video proving the turrets is a smoking gun

I dont think it really matters where the turrets are pointing. They start "ticking" when they are capped. The animations are just for eye candy.

I dont think it really matters where the turrets are pointing. They start "ticking" when they are capped. The animations are just for eye candy.

Incorrect, the right hand one(from republic view) takes 5 points off right away, the other 2 take about 3-5 seconds.

Edited by Sgt_shades

And everyone wonders why every smart player when to the Empire side at launch, even though the servers were all fairly balanced during the mass beta. Because during the mass beta, everyone noticed that the Empire had oh so slight an edge, just enough to make the game massively unbalanced. There's a few others worth of mention too.

Blade Storm <- At least a second in total animation + travel time

Force Scream <- Instant

- Animation delay differences.

- Imperial turrets ticking faster

Agents flash grenade cooldown IS 30 seconds shorter, i don't know why you're saying it isn't. You're either lying to cover it up or pretending to actually know, both are pretty sad - not that i care though.

hm that is quite the mistake BW did there...

this should really be fixed asap and maybe given a 25% valor bonus to the republic for a week or so to level the playing field

this should really be fixed asap and maybe given a 25% valor bonus to the republic for a week or so to level the playing field

I don't think we (republic) need any bonuses for this, but for the integrity of the game this should be a top priority on the "look into/get fixed list".

4.) IA can do dirty kick on the run without stopping while Smuggler has to stop perform action then move

10.) electrocute ignores resolve bar and even dodge it gets through everything ... force stun DOES NOT!!!

12.) IA backstab instant - Smuggler has animation to pull out shotgun to deal with !!!!

4.) False, Operative still have about one second animation for Debilitate, draw vibroknife, arch back then stab. During the animation duration player is rooted, it might look like it is moving because operative will take a step back in the animation.

10.) False, Electrocute is and will be effect by resolve bar.

12.) False, same animation misinterpret like the Debilitate, there is still a slight delay between draw vibroknife and stab.

The major reason for the "Debilitate is able to use on the move" mistake is because it has very similar animation as Backstab(which can be use on the move).

Don't believe me? Go to Youtube search Operative pvp and see for yourself.

Edited by Felene

4.) False, Operative still have about one second animation for Debilitate, draw vibroknife, arch back then stab. During the animation duration player is rooted, it might look like it is moving because operative will take a step back in the animation.

10.) False, Electrocute is and will be effect by resolve bar.

12.) False, same animation misinterpret like the Debilitate, there is still a slight delay between draw vibroknife and stab.

The major reason for the "Debilitate is able to use on the move" mistake is because it has very similar animation as Backstab(which can be use on the move).

Don't believe me? Go to Youtube search Operative pvp and see for yourself.

let them kid them selfs into thinking it was BW fault they are losing they have less QQ that way

The OP is wrong in sooo many ways. Even his opening argument is false. Sorcerers use ENERGY!!! NOT ELEMENTAL!

I glanced at the rest of the list and noticed a similar trend of nonense. The bounty hunters "DEATH-FROM ABOVE" is a calling card for an alpha.. "HI LOOK AT ME FOLKS! I CAN FLY!" not to mention being stuck in that animation till it completes..

Do not trust the OP or his assessments as they can all be summed up in one word. Lies.

Edited by Aethyrprime

EMPIRE SI - ELEMENTAL DAMAGE / REPUBLIC COUNSULAR - KENETIC

No they are both energy.

1.) trooper mortar volley travel time verses BH death drom above instant!!!

No it is the same.

2.) consular animation delays verses their counterpart instant !!!

Which one? The channel? Same.

3.) convert the trooper pool of energy to BH energy BH has 4% more -

same for another classes energy i forget which one

Dont know about this but I doubt it.

4.) IA can do dirty kick on the run without stopping while Smuggler has to stop perform action then move

No they cant. Both rooted.

5.) Ever wonder WHY it always seems empire starts with lead on alderaan warzone?

two turrets already pointing at republic ship and do not have to turn to begin firing not to mention the BIGGEST KICKER OF ALL .. the dumb DEVS ALLOW THE EMPIRE TO TICK QUICKER THAN THE REPUBLIC ... FILM IT FRAPS IT YOURSELF ... try and figure out how empire one caps and republic two caps and forst 5 secs empire ahead ... REALLY .. I MEAN REALLY!!!! W T F

Havent seen this...

6.) force way has animation that makes republic jump up then come down before it goes off

empires is instant ... very rough across the bridge in voidstar and in huttball

Dont know.

7.) empires knockbacks are farther

********!

8.) instant lightening no travel time ... rocks have longer animation til impact

Nope.

9.) IA gets gets 30 secs less on its cc grenade cooldown than smuggler

True. Needs a fix.

10.) electrocute ignores resolve bar and even dodge it gets through everything ... force stun DOES NOT!!!

Same same.

11.) smuggler sabo charge requires again you guessed it longer period of time .. IA instant!!!!

Nope, probe has to travel from the sky.

12.) IA backstab instant - Smuggler has animation to pull out shotgun to deal with !!!!

IA needs to pull the knife.

You know, I have noticed some issues with Operatives. Their knock back from cover is INSTANT where my Smuggler has an animation to get through first which delays it maybe 1/2 a seconds. The BH Death from Above and Trooper Mortar Volley is SPOT ON. Also I have noticed the instant knock back on Sith Inq vs Jedi Cons.

This really does make me sick. This reminds me of when the Devs in Eve Online also played the game and were giving thir guild ultra rare blueprints. Very unethical. I quit Eve and never returned when that was exposed. That was 5 years ago.

I have been kicking around quitting all day for other reasons, mainly because of the "dead" feeling of the worlds due to low populations in zones. But this is the last straw. I know mostof these issues to be true. I figured some classes needed fixed, but I didn't realize all issues were so one sided against Republic. This is pretty blatant.

The OP is wrong in sooo many ways. Even his opening argument is false. Sorcerers use ENERGY!!! NOT ELEMENTAL!

I glanced at the rest of the list and noticed a similar trend of nonense. The bounty hunters "DEATH-FROM ABOVE" is a calling card for an alpha.. "HI LOOK AT ME FOLKS! I CAN FLY!" not to mention being stuck in that animation till it completes..

Do not trust the OP or his assessments as they can all be summed up in one word. Lies.

He may have been guessing on a few things and wrong, which he should have left out of his post, but there are a few obvious unfair advantages the empire has. I wouldn't say they are totally game breaking but, should be addressed.

Holy crap that is so BLATANT!! I don't know how i have not noticed that before. Imps instantly ticked 10 pts on capping cannon and tied Empire who had a cannon for almost a minute already.

Bye SWTOR. At least this month was free.

Animation delays between Smugglers/IAs aren't as huge as others and in most cases don't even exist.

However the Flashbang issue is true, and requires a fix. Also, Dirty Kick roots the Smuggler for the animation duration. Debilitate doesn't do the same. <- These two atleast are accurate.

Edited by Avianpixie

He may have been guessing on a few things and wrong, which he should have left out of his post, but there are a few obvious unfair advantages the empire has. I wouldn't say they are totally game breaking but, should be addressed.

I am not going to post what I originally was going to as a response. I will only say this. On a side by side comparison I would bet the farm there are as many issues with republic imbalances over imperial as there are in the opposite situation depending on the class and spec. Some abilities are down right broken for assassins for example.. but working as intended for shadows.

Edited by Aethyrprime

MY LAST STRAW ... i had overlooked or excused or hoped a fix was coming for the list below

but i guess this is my hair that breaks the camels back !!!!

EMPIRE SI - ELEMENTAL DAMAGE / REPUBLIC COUNSULAR - KENETIC

I DO NOT HAVE to say that there is about a 20% difference in damage given / received

elemental ignores armor - kenetic has to go through it loses damage !!! I MEAN REALLY ??

I was wondering how lessor equipted SI's were outdamaging me in WZ's I am Rank 61 Valor and battlemaster

screw this game yall have fun ... im walking away until summer ill look back in and see if they cared enough to balance the faction and hopefully management holds some DEVS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS BLANTANT ABUSE of POWER IN DESIGNING THE FACTION THEY WANTED TO PLAY to have all sorts of SUBTLE ADVANTAGES!!!!! the EVIDENCE IN ITS ENTIREITY is OVERWHELMING when looked at from a distance other than one at a time

JUST SAD ...

and REALLY LEAVES A BAAADDDDDD TASTE in my mouth for a company I have LOVED FOR YEARS AND YEARS :(

so add it to the list of things that severely imbalance the so called "mirror" classes

things like the following:

1.) trooper mortar volley travel time verses BH death drom above instant!!!

2.) consular animation delays verses their counterpart instant !!!

3.) convert the trooper pool of energy to BH energy BH has 4% more -

same for another classes energy i forget which one

5.) Ever wonder WHY it always seems empire starts with lead on alderaan warzone?

two turrets already pointing at republic ship and do not have to turn to begin firing not to mention the BIGGEST KICKER OF ALL .. the dumb DEVS ALLOW THE EMPIRE TO TICK QUICKER THAN THE REPUBLIC ... FILM IT FRAPS IT YOURSELF ... try and figure out how empire one caps and republic two caps and forst 5 secs empire ahead ... REALLY .. I MEAN REALLY!!!! W T F

6.) force way has animation that makes republic jump up then come down before it goes off

empires is instant ... very rough across the bridge in voidstar and in huttball

7.) empires knockbacks are farther

8.) instant lightening no travel time ... rocks have longer animation til impact

9.) IA gets gets 30 secs less on its cc grenade cooldown than smuggler

11.) smuggler sabo charge requires again you guessed it longer period of time .. IA instant!!!!

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR CLASS BALANCE JUST FACTION BALANCE AND TRUE MIRRORED CLASSES AND NOW FOR THE DEVS THAT IMHO INTIONALLY DESIGNED THESE ADVANTAGES INTO THE GAME TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND SOMEONE FROM UPPER MANAGEMENT PREFERABLE THE CEO TO PUBLICLY APOLIGIZE FOR ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN

any reasonable person that understands probability KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt there a far too many "oopies and overlooks " to be beniegn

THIS WAS INTENTIONAL WITH MALICE no other reason ALL THE ADVANTAGES GO TO EMPIRE !!!

have fun ill look in from time to time and see if they did anything about it

im going to take a break

if you are staying in this game and PvP you SHOULD DEMAND THE ABOVE BE FIXED and a REASON GIVEN as to way it was allowed in the first place and HOW SO MANY BETA TESTERS MISSED these GLARING ISSUES ... i guess they were just playing and not testing

/wave

ps im mad and didnt proof read and im not the faster i log out right now the better and put SWTOR BEHIND me for a long while and hope it gets fixed

so true they didnt think anything through or they where stupid ethier way its bad almost feels like they didnt think care and they just were releasing this game with alot of hype to make money and let it die

Edited by esorydal