overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

Part_Time_Hero

It's hard to take any of this seriously when the opening claim is so clearly untrue.

Sith Inquisitor attacks deal energy damage(for the most part), not elemental. Energy damage is absorbed by armor. If you want to see for yourself whether this claim is false or not, simply roll a Sith Inquisitor. You have shock from the moment you roll your character. You'll note that it does energy damage. At level 2, you gain Force Lightning, which also does energy damage.

There probably are imbalances between the sides. Unfortunately, there is ALOT of misinformation and disinformation coming from republic players right now, as evidenced by the completely untrue claim that started this thread. The information coming from republic players has often proven to be incorrect when examined. Sometime's it's due to poor testing methods. Other times the claims aren't tested at all before being posted(as demonstrated by the op's first claim).

If you want to be taken seriously, improve your testing methods, and stop posting in support of claims that are easily proven to be untrue.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mortar Volley - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhLjqgC_fH8

Death From Above -

The difference is obvious. Trooper stand there channeling for 1.5 seconds before the first round leaves the barrel. BH is instant.

Also COMPARE THE VELOCITY OF THE ROUNDS!!!

Bioware is really sticking it to Republic in so many ways...

Edited by sithkllr

so true they didnt think anything through or they where stupid ethier way its bad almost feels like they didnt think care and they just were releasing this game with alot of hype to make money and let it die

Except almost nothing out of his post is actually you know.. TRUE?

LIES LIES MORE LIES, MISINFORMATION, CRYING, that's all I read. There are bugs they will be addressed sooner hopefully rather than later.. But all this topic is /flamebait

Death From Above -

The difference is obvious. Trooper stand there channeling for 1.5 seconds before the first round leaves the barrel. BH is instant.

Are you really complaining about animations? How about timing of effects. Those are not different. Good god people. /facepalm

Edited by Aethyrprime

I can tell you project, as almost everyone knows, has a delay, and the sorc version does not.

Sorc stun does 2x the dmg as sage. I have not researched this yet to see if maybe its a skill tree difference, so not 100% on this one.

The sorc version of force wave may have a delay but seems about half that of the sage version. I know I have started mine before many sorc's and thiers hit first. My latency is pretty good so doubt it is some kind of lag in every case. According to the skill, it should activate instantly anyway.

We need more input from people that have actually played both classes. I really don't want to level up a sorceror but maybe I will soon.

Any healing sorcerors out there that can post your stun damage? Sage is 439-502 level 50, nothing specced for any damage modifiers on it.

Edited by Sgt_shades

Except almost nothing out of his post is actually you know.. TRUE?

LIES LIES MORE LIES, MISINFORMATION, CRYING, that's all I read. There are bugs they will be addressed sooner hopefully rather than later.. But all this topic is /flamebait

Are you really complaining about animations? How about timing of effects. Those are not different. Good god people. /facepalm

Aww, someone is playing Imp and doesn't want to lose their advantages. Enjoy it now.

I can tell you project, as almost everyone knows, has a delay, and the sorc version does not.

Honestly, project / shock are very minor skills, If anything I would prefer my shock to have a delay so I could burst slightly harder

Sorc stun does 2x the dmg as sage. I have not researched this yet to see if maybe its a skill tree difference, so not 100% on this one.

I'll test it out but I can gaurentee that my crit doesn't hit very hard.

The sorc version of force wave may have a delay but seems about half that of the sage version. I know I have started mine before many sorc's and thiers hit first. My latency is pretty good so doubt it is some kind of lag in every case. According to the skill, it should activate instantly anyway.
they have the EXACT same animation, I've got a shadow and a sorc, there is absolutely no difference.

We need more input from people that have actually played both classes. I really don't want to level up a sorceror but maybe I will soon.

Any healing sorcerors out there that can post your stun damage? Sage is 439-502 level 50, nothing specced for any damage modifiers on it.

I can test it and get back to you but 400-500 sounds about right.

Edited by Aidank

Aww, someone is playing Imp and doesn't want to lose their advantages. Enjoy it now.

Actually I play Imp on one server and repub on the other. Those of you who only play one side are actually trying to get the other side nerfed for no reason. I have no respect for cry babies and those who post blatant lies about the other side in hopes of gaining an unfair advantage.

This thread is full of lies. The OP is 99% lies. The 1.. count it.. 1 bug he listed is known and going to be addressed.

Edited by Aethyrprime

Why did everyone forget about the fact that the imperial version of emergency medpack literally crits for 15% more?

This is due to the sawbones talent being 5/10/15% additional crit size vs the imperial version being 10/20/30%.

Like holy ****, how do you release a game with a talent being TWICE AS GOOD and not hotfix it within a week? And on top of that the same class has a 30 second disparity in flashbang cooldowns? Wut?

And yes, project has about a 1.7sec delay before damage lands. Just go make a consular and try to project something from max range. The delay is obviously shorter when you are in melee range, but at max range you WILL notice it.

LIES LIES MORE LIES, MISINFORMATION, CRYING, that's all I read.

Except other than the energy vs kinetic thing as well as the agent ability delays, hes actually completely correct.

It was mentioned before, but noone seemed to reply to it. Why does every single bug benefit the empire? How is that even possible? You would literally need to go out of your way to leave blatant fail like the agent talent differences, project differences, and turret tick speed differences in the game. And you would have to be ignorant beyond belief to not side with the republic players on this one. You are either denying the bugs on purpose or you simply haven't done the research yourself.

Edited by Broxis

Death From Above -

Also COMPARE THE VELOCITY OF THE ROUNDS!!!

Bioware is really sticking it to Republic in so many ways...

Good job compare it with a Death From Above with no damage shown!

Death From Above -

Nope its the same.

Good job compare it with a Death From Above with no damage shown!

Death From Above -

Nope its the same.

I'm not going to watch a 20 minute video. Help us out and tell us where it is.

I find it hard to believe Death From Above would show missiles hitting the target with no damage for 2.0 seconds. These Devs are bad but probably not THAT bad.

Edited by sithkllr

I'm not going to watch a 20 minute video. Help us out and tell us where it is.

I find it hard to believe Death From Above would show missiles hitting the target with no damage for 1.5 seconds. Bioware is bad but probably not THAT bad.

The "very beginning?"

Go ahead and deny the truth and blame your lost on mirror-class "fake" flaws.

The only true imbalance is with IA/Smuggler flash bang/grenade cooldown and emergency medpak talent.

EMPIRE SI - ELEMENTAL DAMAGE / REPUBLIC COUNSULAR - KENETIC

Force Lightning

Instant

Force: 30

Range: 10m

Deals 4089 energy damage to the target over the duration of the effect. Also slows the movement speed of the target by 50% and immobilizes weak and standard enemies.

Why some people blindly believe something that other people tell them and assume its truth without even bother to check it for themselves is beyond my knowledge.

Edited by Felene

As a Trooper and with a smuggler friend, I can confirm 2 of the points a few posts above me.

Dirty Kick does in fact require you to not be moving, so that is one imbalance.

Mortar volley and its mirror may both have a delay before damage is done, however, let me tell you how it works for me.

mortar volley has a 3 second channel time and shoots 3 mortars.

the animation starts shooting after 1.5 seconds AFTER the animation starts.(taking into account skill lag)

-with my experience, I'm still shooting mortars 2 seconds after my 3 second channel time.

- you are going to claim that its just an animation and I'll still get the damage done. WRONG. If i move once the channel is complete, on a good day ill have lauched 2 mortars, on a normal day i'll have only launched 1.

If the mirror skill does that as well, then so be it, but i highly doubt that is the case.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Torhead, Mortar Volley is an instant, not a channeled ability.

I think many of you are confusing incompetence for bias.

Incompetent isn't the word to use when your 20+ bugs all benefit one side of the playerbase. Im not ussually one to complain about my video games, but come on. Those are some crazy bad odds. My only theory is that they designed the game using one faction and then copypasted over the move sets into the mirror classes. Sadly, the game then advances and the little tweaks in the game ("1 min 30 sec is too long on flash bang, lets just lower it to 1") somehow magically didn't transfer back to the original faction. Sounds like a retarded theory, I admit, but nothing else can explain how there isn't even a single bug that benefits the republic and not the empire.

And to that guy above me who thinks that the agents imbalances are the only true imbalances, what about project? What about the turrets ticking faster? I hope the agents in this thread can verify it for me, but Ive seen plenty of agents stun and keep moving, unlike the scoundrel. Is this just lag I was seeing?

Edited by Broxis

Why did everyone forget about the fact that the imperial version of emergency medpack literally crits for 15% more?

This is due to the sawbones talent being 5/10/15% additional crit size vs the imperial version being 10/20/30%.

Like holy ****, how do you release a game with a talent being TWICE AS GOOD and not hotfix it within a week? And on top of that the same class has a 30 second disparity in flashbang cooldowns? Wut?

And yes, project has about a 1.7sec delay before damage lands. Just go make a consular and try to project something from max range. The delay is obviously shorter when you are in melee range, but at max range you WILL notice it.

Except other than the energy vs kinetic thing as well as the agent ability delays, hes actually completely correct.

It was mentioned before, but noone seemed to reply to it. Why does every single bug benefit the empire? How is that even possible? You would literally need to go out of your way to leave blatant fail like the agent talent differences, project differences, and turret tick speed differences in the game. And you would have to be ignorant beyond belief to not side with the republic players on this one. You are either denying the bugs on purpose or you simply haven't done the research yourself.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. There are bugs that effect us Imperials and we report them. But we aren't here in force crying about it. Perhaps that is an indication that more kids play Republic than Imperial? There is only 1 thing in his list that is even close to truth. Everything else is a blatant lie.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. There are bugs that effect us Imperials and we report them. But we aren't here in force crying about it. Perhaps that is an indication that more kids play Republic than Imperial? There is only 1 thing in his list that is even close to truth. Everything else is a blatant lie.

Ok so please name a few?

<SILENCE>

Thats what I thought.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1347418#edit1347418

*Shrugs*

Edited by Eiseth

Ok so please name a few?

<SILENCE>

Thats what I thought.

Here's one. The assassins self heal on our Dark Charge stance does not scale. That will be fixed in tomorrows patch I believe because it is a valid bug. Not some unwarranted screams for a nerf without any empirical evidence to back it. Nothing in this thread has any real evidence to support it.

And btw.. your silence is appreciated. Please do remain silent in the future rather than typing it thanks!

Edited by Aethyrprime