overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

Part_Time_Hero

Incompetent isn't the word to use when your 20+ bugs all benefit one side of the playerbase. Im not ussually one to complain about my video games, but come on. Those are some crazy bad odds. My only theory is that they designed the game using one faction and then copypasted over the move sets into the mirror classes. Sadly, the game then advances and the little tweaks in the game ("1 min 30 sec is too long on flash bang, lets just lower it to 1") somehow magically didn't transfer back to the original faction. Sounds like a retarded theory, I admit, but nothing else can explain how there isn't even a single bug that benefits the republic and not the empire.

And to that guy above me who thinks that the agents imbalances are the only true imbalances, what about project? What about the turrets ticking faster? I hope the agents in this thread can verify it for me, but Ive seen plenty of agents stun and keep moving, unlike the scoundrel. Is this just lag I was seeing?

Your theory is pretty much the only thing I could come up with, which is incompetence not bias. It just doesn't make any sense to purposely give one faction an edge.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP is right.

I play both sides have done hundreds upon hundreds of Warzones. Why aren't the Republic Troopers doing on average the same damage as the Bounty Hunters? Answer Bounty Hunters animations are very different giving them a huge advantage in the instant reflex action that is PVP. Why are Sorc Inquisitors so damn dangerous in comparison to our Sages answer again is animation time. Why can agents kill you before their 3 second stun is over. Answer much faster animations than the smuggler on the other side.

The one about the Alderran cannons facing is a new one to me.

I love games, and I love numbers and I love a fair playing field. This game failed miserable when they decided to create the PVP stat of Expertise. This game failed again when they created Bio Chem that was such a huge advantage in PVP that all 50's need it to be competitive and they failed miserably when designing animations that would control the timing of toons in PVP.

PVP is fast, furious and fun but coming from the Republic side on my server its also been really freaking ugly and painful to go through.

This is the same team that came from WAR. A game where the Bright Wizards and Sorcs absolutely dominated the game for the first year and a half before they were heavily nerfed. Also the same game where the Dok's and Warrior Priests ran around invincible in comparison to the other two healer classes. These guys make interesting, engaging fun PVP, but they don't quite have the intelligence to make fair classes, or to make bold decisions regarding class imbalances that actually fix things.

WAR pvp failed and SWTOR will too unless the devs listen to their player base that's been saying this stuff since beta and makes bold and swift changes. I'm good at predicting the future. I saw it in WAR and DCUO and I see the same mistakes being made here. The Dev's have to crunch the numbers, listen to the players, and make changes quickly or at the three month mark this game will drop 70% of its subs. Learn from your mistakes fella's and fix things quick. Clock's ticking.

OP is right.

I play both sides have done hundreds upon hundreds of Warzones. Why aren't the Republic Troopers doing on average the same damage as the Bounty Hunters? Answer Bounty Hunters animations are very different giving them a huge advantage in the instant reflex action that is PVP. Why are Sorc Inquisitors so damn dangerous in comparison to our Sages answer again is animation time. Why can agents kill you before their 3 second stun is over. Answer much faster animations than the smuggler on the other side.

The one about the Alderran cannons facing is a new one to me.

I love games, and I love numbers and I love a fair playing field. This game failed miserable when they decided to create the PVP stat of Expertise. This game failed again when they created Bio Chem that was such a huge advantage in PVP that all 50's need it to be competitive and they failed miserably when designing animations that would control the timing of toons in PVP.

PVP is fast, furious and fun but coming from the Republic side on my server its also been really freaking ugly and painful to go through.

This is the same team that came from WAR. A game where the Bright Wizards and Sorcs absolutely dominated the game for the first year and a half before they were heavily nerfed. Also the same game where the Dok's and Warrior Priests ran around invincible in comparison to the other two healer classes. These guys make interesting, engaging fun PVP, but they don't quite have the intelligence to make fair classes, or to make bold decisions regarding class imbalances that actually fix things.

WAR pvp failed and SWTOR will too unless the devs listen to their player base that's been saying this stuff since beta and makes bold and swift changes. I'm good at predicting the future. I saw it in WAR and DCUO and I see the same mistakes being made here. The Dev's have to crunch the numbers, listen to the players, and make changes quickly or at the three month mark this game will drop 70% of its subs. Learn from your mistakes fella's and fix things quick. Clock's ticking.

Oh please Jesus don't tell me this is the same company that did WAR. Are you serious? Ugh.

Look at all these Republic player twist fact to suit their theory of "we lost because Dev intentionally imbalance mirror-class."

Dev didn't "intentionally" imbalance anything.

Only IA/Smuggler imbalance is truth, anything else is false accusation that is why there is on Dev post on them.

Hi guys,

A little bit of an update on this.

The way it looks is that the 'Accomplished' ability issue is just a typo, the data underlying the abilities is identical. Scoundrel's Accomplished Sawbones is 5/10/15 in the tooltip, the IA's is 10/20/30 (both are actually 10/20/30 behind the scenes). We're obviously fixing the typo.

The flash grenade cooldown being unmirrored is a legitimate bug and rather embarrassing oversight (sorry about that guys) that is going to be fixed.

-- Georg

As I said.. 1 count it 1 real bug and it's been addressed. Couldn't remember where I found the post so thanks to you Felene!

Yall need to pay attention. Only 1 bug is valid. The rest is unsubstantiated.

Oh please Jesus don't tell me this is the same company that did WAR. Are you serious? Ugh.

Yes and no...

The publisher is the same, EA the developers however are mainly Bioware while war was made by Mythic.

How many Mythic employees however have been moved to the swtor project is anybodies guess... I think I have read that some have been however.

The turret video (again) is pretty substantive

reposting it ;)

This happens for both faction, i saw it happens for us empire too, this is just a display bug btw, the author took good care to cut the video just when the numbers refreshed.:rolleyes:

As I said.. 1 count it 1 real bug and it's been addressed. Couldn't remember where I found the post so thanks to you Felene!

Troopers Full Auto channeling loses 1 tick of damage when getting hit. BH's Unload doesn't.

Troopers Mortal Volley ability got ~2 sec delay before the first shell actually lands and does damage. Also channeling bar is at ~40% complete before even the first shot fires. BH's Dead from Above doesn't suffer from either.

Smugglers Dirty Kick(stun) roots the player for the duration of animation. IA's Debilitate doesn't. (don't have tested this one myself.)

Consular's Project doesn't hit instantly. SI's Shock does.

Edited by Viikuna

This happens for both faction, i saw it happens for us empire too, this is just a display bug btw, the author took good care to cut the video just when the numbers refreshed.:rolleyes:

I don't know if it's just a display bug or not. But i give you 2 cases that happen every game i'm in:

1) Republic captures their first turret 2-5 seconds before Empire. Empire is in lead by 5-10 dmg/tickets until Rep's capture second one.

2. Both capture at the same time, Empire is in lead by 10-15 dmg/tickets until Rep's capture second one.

That is, if Republic even is the one that gets second turret :)

Also as for trooper ammo vs BH heat

I recall reading some where that while BH my have an insignificant advantage when it comes to the amount of heat vs the amount of ammo Troops have an insignificant advanatage when it comes to ammo/heat effiency and regeneration.

As for Instant Lightning vs Rock....well I admit it should be tweaked if true to be more balanced but it is hardly game breaking.

On my Sin if I see someone capping I usually go for Electrocute and Shock second only if Electro is on CD.

Your title, IMHO in the title, says it all.

Too many players here with a biast opinion whining about how imbalenced it is.

The only reason it seems imbalenced to you is because there are typically more empire than republic.

I am Sith, and while im not on the receiving end of the "imbalence" which i will simply call pvp fighting, i am also typically against low level republics and very rarely against other level 50's.

But hey factions are imbalenced, go roll a trooper. I went into a pvp and vs'd 5 troopers as to what used to be 1 or 2 because they're so bloody powerful everyones going them. Best pvp tanks, best pvp dps, in groups unbeatable off-spec heals, theres a squad of 2-3 that frequently pvp and just turtle entire matches on my server.

However stick an operative behind my assassin tank *** and we're nearly unkillable against an entire team. Goes both ways just wait for the balance on both sides and fixes to matches.

Check test server fixes if you're unsure. there are fixes listed there

Not the same company, but i've heard that there are people from the original WAR developer team in BioWares SWTOR team.

Just look at the game desing...

WAR: 2 Factions with mirrored classes.

SWTOR: Same.

WAR: PvP Bolster.

WAR: Valor rank.

SWTOR: Same. (even the name)

WAR: Tanks having guard/taunt in pvp.

WAR: Both factions having "unique" class in a way that it mirrors partly 1 opposite faction class, while being anothers mirror in abilitys. (Squig Herder mirroring White Lion by having pet, but also mirroring Shadow Warrior for being ranged dps bow user and with its abilitys)

SWTOR: Same (BH behing mirror to Trooper with it's abilitys, but got Smuggler/IA resource system that just works opposite (fills, instead of decays))

Class resource system is alot like in WAR (basicly the 'rogue style energy', that those who have played WoW will know), only more twists and different numbers between each class and between mirrors.

PvP queue system feels and looks alot same in both.

Can't say about how the crafting system works (ignore companions doing the crafting) compared to WAR. Because for some reason i cannot remember WAR crafting/gathering at all (been so long since i touched that game).

:rolleyes:

Wrong. Their is a delay while the bounty hunter files up in the air before starting to fire.

Trooper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhLjqgC_fH8

BH:

(neither done by me)

Trooper: The video time changed from 00:02 to 00:04 before first shot did damage .

BH: The video time did NOT change from 00:09 or just barely made it to 00:10 when first shot landed to the ground.

10.) False, Electrocute is and will be effect by resolve bar.

Bs , pvp defences dont work as its now evident so Sages are twice as screwed with this ability vs sorc

ALSO BETA TESTERS HAVE ALL POINT THESE.

i WAS ONE I KNOW IVE SEND COUNTLESS TICKETS.

BIOWARE DOESNT CARE IT SEEMS ,

/ rage off

Edited by ursusarctus

Bs , pvp defences dont work as its now evident so Sages are twice as screwed with this ability vs sorc

ALSO BETA TESTERS HAVE ALL POINT THESE.

i WAS ONE I KNOW IVE SEND COUNTLESS TICKETS.

BIOWARE DOESNT CARE IT SEEMS ,

/ rage off

Define dont work.

Since if I have a full resolve bar I dont get CCed at all..which is how it works no?

Define dont work.

Since if I have a full resolve bar I dont get CCed at all..which is how it works no?

Go read the post where is been testing that passive defences dont work, simple as that.

that means that some of the sorc damage hsould have been block by shields , but they propably dont

Heres a video proof

Edited by ursusarctus