Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

Deyjarl

Most games do include some sort of system that allows this, and they all cause problems because of it.

If you MUST include PvP on a PvE server then it should only be allowed in designated areas. And I don't mean open world areas, I mean instanced areas like war zones.

Many will not agree with that, but that's because they started a character on the wrong server type. If you want to PvP then by all means leave the PvE server. If you want to PvP on a PvE server YOU should have to change YOUR play style because you are on the WRONG SERVER.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PvP on a PvE server is common...but it should always be voluntary. This needs to be fixed as this is an exploit. Anyone reported for exploiting it should have their account suspended temporarily as a timeout. End of Story.

I rolled on a PvP server with my mains because my guild went there...I'm normally a PvE guy...and don't have much interest in PvP...still it makes things a bit more interesting running around in areas I know Republics have access to. Makes it more fun. Sure I've gotten ganked...but I've also done ganking in non-instanced dungeons when I've caught other PvEers trying to quest alongside me. It's fun.

That said...I can completely understand the desire for no PvP at all...and the desire to have it be entirely voluntary. That's they way he wants to play...so he should be able to. That's the whole point to a PvE server.

If you want to PvP on a PvE server YOU should have to change YOUR play style because you are on the WRONG SERVER.

I agree with this though it's alright that PvP players join a PvE server...they just shouldn't have the opportunity to force people into pvp. That's pure griefing.

Edited by Thunder-God

I don't care if we're standing nose to nose ingame. If we're not both voluntarily flagged, then there should be no chance of PvP between us at all. Period.

If I am not flagged, I should not be able to attack you. Period. I should be getting a "You are not flagged for PvP" message. No attacks from me should hit you. Period. You should be able to stand right in the middle of my AoE with no damage to you.So yes, the system needs to be changed.

I agree 100%. This is how most games work.

Please fix it BW/EA!

Not on a PvE server, the very action of picking that over a PvP server was because we do not want to 'watch out'.Nevermind that you don't take into account that you can't 'watch out' for stealthed level 50's in the middle of the pack of level 30 mobs you are about to AoE.

Exactly!

Definitely needs to be fixed.

Also, Qishari, hi!

If you're going to also redirect this one to the other thread, think you could make a comment as to Bioware's intent here?

"it might take us a while to fix this but it's on our list" is perfectly fine.

Thanks!

Edited by VorpalK

I was working on the bonus series on Nar Shaddaa on my level 32 character at the time. The bonus quests that take you into the Shared area with Imperials. I think nothing of it, I'm not flagged.

Attack a group of mobs, and just as I'm about to do an AoE burst, a level 50 jump in tags one just before my AoE damage ticks flagging the mob to him, so when my damage hits, I'm flagged also.

I rolled on a PvE server to avoid stuff like this. I don't mind PvP, but I'm not interesting in Open World all the time. Most of my characters are on PvE servers, and that is what I expected, PvE unless I voluntarily decide to PvP. That did not occur here.

There is no PvP buff for it to balance it out some either.

Again I rolled on PvE server expecting not to have to deal with this. That is what the PvE and PvP server difference was for. But seems there are some ways to exploit that.

Oh knows! lol

You just got tricked into flagging. Not a big deal.

There is no trick, just get hit by another players AoE and BAM they are flagged.

This is not consenual PvP as advertised. Currently all AoE dmg will auto flag you if a flagged player gets hit by it, AoE heals do the same thing. There is no choice in the matter, at all.

In other games it requires you to specifically target and hit a player to flag, not the case in TOR and people are starting to really abuse it to grief. Rift even went further and had an option that you could turn on and you will never hit/heal a flagged player at all.

I am really suprised BW has not fixed this yet, another issue I reported months ago!

Oh knows! lol

Didn't your mother ever teach you it's rude to interrupt people to spout gibberish when you have absolutely nothing to say?

If you'd care to add something to this conversation whether you agree or disagree, no problem at all.

Oh and thanks for the bump for our very serious issue btw. Failed troll attempt.

Seriously???

Even if its frustrating to be ganked by a level 50, its not like its an important issue. Don't AOE when u see a flagged ennemy, stop asking for fix, when u can fix it urself.

If you read the entire thread, and the numerous other threads in various forums, you'll see why this IS an important issue. Not going to repeat them all here.

Seriously???

Even if its frustrating to be ganked by a level 50, its not like its an important issue. Don't AOE when u see a flagged ennemy, stop asking for fix, when u can fix it urself.

Yes, seriously. Some people don't want to change how they play the game they paid for just so PVPers can gank people on a PVE server. And, as pointed out, how do you see a stealthed enemy?

Edited by daemian

Seriously???

Stealth classes. DERP.

I hate greifing trash.

Wanna PVP? Pick on someone your own level.

If this issue isn't important to you, thanks for stopping and move on. Don't, however, presume to tell others to just suck up having their time wasted by fellow players who think they have license to meta-game their character's lack of ethics or civility.

One should treat other players as you would if you had to work or live with them every day; with at least common courtesy. Living down to one's baser self due to Internet anonymity speaks volumes.

This happens in any MMO which allows shared quest areas.

You think AOE trick is nasty - wait until a pvp flagged person stands in the same spot as a quest mob. If you're not paying attention - you'll attack the player rather than click on the quest mob and involuntarily enter pvp combat.

In that case - you'll need to get on the chat channels and ask for higher levels to come and take care of the problem.

This happens in any MMO which allows shared quest areas.

You think AOE trick is nasty - wait until a pvp flagged person stands in the same spot as a quest mob. If you're not paying attention - you'll attack the player rather than click on the quest mob and involuntarily enter pvp combat.

In that case - you'll need to get on the chat channels and ask for higher levels to come and take care of the problem.

Not true ;)

Rift has a nice check box preventing you to do that. You'll still AoE DPS/Heal but won't get flagged.

If this issue isn't important to you, thanks for stopping and move on. Don't, however, presume to tell others to just suck up having their time wasted by fellow players who think they have license to meta-game their character's lack of ethics or civility.

One should treat other players as you would if you had to work or live with them every day; with at least common courtesy. Living down to one's baser self due to Internet anonymity speaks volumes.

I agree. Some players seem to forget behind every charecter they come across in any MMO is a real live person, with real emotions and to say this is not a issue is just wrong. Only self centered people would think it is not a issue.

Not true ;)

Rift has a nice check box preventing you to do that. You'll still AoE DPS/Heal but won't get flagged.

Then it is a good system and TOR needs to be like that. Noone on a PVE server should ever "accidently" flag themselves. It is really a poor design when it can happen.

you'll need to get on the chat channels and ask for higher levels to come and take care of the problem.

That's precisely what we're doing here: we're on the forums asking Bioware - the highest level guys around - to come and take care of the problem.

Unfortunately, they seem to have us on /ignore. Well. That, or they're having a Pong tournament. Who knows.

That's precisely what we're doing here: we're on the forums asking Bioware - the highest level guys around - to come and take care of the problem.

Unfortunately, they seem to have us on /ignore. Well. That, or they're having a Pong tournament. Who knows.

Lol...Good one. On the subject, I remember back when they asked the developers what pvp/flagging system they would have in TOR and they answered somewhat with..." we like how they do it in WoW'...right then, I knew this was going to bring up the same old ugly issues we are seeing now in TOR.

Kind of tough to SEE a stealthed enemy.

Also, it is kind of tough to see a flagged player who is out of visual range wandering around on a bike hoping to catch someone in the middle of a fight that already started. It is even harder to see a flagged player who waits to flag until after you start your fight.

If this is on a PVE server, than I agree with the OP. I play on a PVP server and expect this type of play, but if someone rolls on a PVE server, PVP should be optional.

I just wish PVP was more important and widespread on my PVP server!

What is the difference between PVP and PVE servers then?