Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

Deyjarl

No, I'm just noting that posting multiple complaints on a given subject on a forum is generally ineffective.

-k

Multiple tickets in game let them know it is a problem, one 20 page thread and this 12 page thread give them a nice platform to reply.

But then our issue isn't as important as why we don't have useless workbenches in our ships ...

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiple tickets in game let them know it is a problem, one 20 page thread and this 12 page thread give them a nice platform to reply.

But then our issue isn't as important as why we don't have useless workbenches in our ships ...

These are the other 4 that I'm aware of, spanning 3 different boards:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=159167

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=191888

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=124168 .......-77 pages

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=208895

Would be kinda hard for them to have missed it by now

We must have our page settings different lol, but I like that the one I started is the 77 page thread :)

I would be so grateful if we just got an answer on any of the threads though, this is clearly an issue for so many people who are in what I thought was their target market.

Edited by _Darkstar

The only thing you really accomplish most of the time by posting on a subject over and over on a forum is venting your own personal frustration.

I'm content to vent here and be productive (tickets, etc.) elsewhere.

Still nothing from any of the Devs on this I think we can all agree that the silence means they condone the actions that are gong on and have no plans to change the PvP flagging system this is a true shame. If this keeps up more and more players who do not wish to take part in pvp well quit and well tell friends about this if they ask about the game this well mean fewer potential players well try out the game now I'm NOT saying this well doom and/or kill the game no one can truly say that well happen I'm just saying that fewer players that was waiting to hear what friends had to say about it well not try out the game. I'll be keeping tabs on this how ever and if they ever fix it and I have the time to spare for it I well think about giving it another go how ever I don't see every one doing that. *bows* here is to the PvP players that see why this is a issue to us PvE players and I thank you for the help and posts to get this fixed and changed I just hope it wasn't in vain.

Still nothing from any of the Devs on this I think we can all agree that the silence means they condone the actions that are gong on and have no plans to change the PvP flagging system this is a true shame..

I doesn't mean anything conclusive either way. Until they say something, we have no way of knowing what their thoughts are on the topic, and people should continue to give their feedback in the event they decide to look at this issue more closely.

Still nothing from any of the Devs on this I think we can all agree that the silence means they condone the actions that are gong on and have no plans to change the PvP flagging system this is a true shame.

Like I always tell my conspiracy theorist friends, "lack of evidence is not evidence." They might be thinking of how to word it, trying to figure out what their stance even is yet, or might have placed this on the back burner since they're working on Exploit #8675309 where a Jedi Consular can quickly equip a Desert Raider armor, then a Drelliad Jacket, then a Republic Commando's Chestguard in quick succession or some other such crazy thing.

When in doubt, just report them, make a post here saying "it happened again!" and go about your business as best as you can. It's not an ideal solution, but until we hear otherwise, it's better than not playing the game at all - especially if they've already been paid for your next month of service. Just make sure you don't call them out on the forums - t'wouldn't be kosher, I suspect.

This is not an issue and therefore does not need to be fixed. This pretty much happens in every game. If you will use AoE abilties, you should expect people to flag and run up to you to get you PvP flagged. You can report a person for griefing you but the game system itself which allows such behavior is not broken. This is a case of PEBKAC.

I'm not entirely sure when not caring about every pointless concern that people have makes you a sociopath. If you were actually harmed in a sense rather than dying in a video game I might care.

And thus the explanation that you are showing (some) symptoms of having a antisocial personality disorder (commonly known as sociopathy). You have difficulty understanding the feelings of others regarding an issue (commonly known as empathing with others).

Don't worry though. You're far from the only one and if you keep up you have a brilliant career ahead of you as a CEO of a company..

But life will be easier for you if you learn to fake empathy. Even if you are unable to 'feel' it, you should still be able to grasp the concept that somebody who is upset enough about what happened to him or her to come to this forum and ask if it was normal or to be expected -really- feels hurt by the experience. After all, it does not really matter if -you- understand -why- somebody else is upset, as long as you are willing to accept that that person is in fact upset by what happened. If you can manage that mental shift you are well on your way to a succesfull career. If not odds are that you end up with visits from either the police (for domestic abuse) or the nice men in white (for being treated for psychopathic or bipolar disorders).

And while there is some snark (and a fair bit of exaggeration) involved in my reply so far, the fact that you use your own inability to feel something as sufficient reason to deny it in others as well, is something that a psychiatrist would find mildly troubling.

On a more serious note, what happened to the OP is that somebody else took control of his or her playing and forced an unpleasant experience on him or her. Were this to happen to somebody in reality we would not hesitate to call it harassment (or **** if there is a sexual element to it, and hate crime if a racial element is involved). Perhaps this puts it a bit more in perspective why the victim felt harmed by the experience? (and yes, I am fully aware that no two people feel or respond the same. Some will be able to shrug it off and continue, others are deeply troubled by it. There really is no point in bringing up that straw man argument).

Basically, your argument that nothing of importance happened to the OP is wrong. The OP may not have been harmed, but he or she most certainly was hurt.

This is not an issue and therefore does not need to be fixed. This pretty much happens in every game.

I soon as I see this fallacious statement I cannot take the posters opinion seriously.

Edited by Saurakk

I watched my wife unsub because of this last night. She was on Hoth, saw the flagged player, waved, and kept playing. He went over and stood on top of her companion, a tank, knowing he would aoe. My wife wasnt aware of the bug, and by the time she realized what happened she was dead.

She took the med center rez

quit game

logged into account, and canceled sub

uninstalled.

For some people this is a game breaker. They do not want to deal with griefers or with any pvp outside of a warzone. Hense, they roll on a pve server. This needs fixed or my wife will never play again, which means I will prob drop the game once I hit 50.

This is not an issue and therefore does not need to be fixed. This pretty much happens in every game. If you will use AoE abilties, you should expect people to flag and run up to you to get you PvP flagged. You can report a person for griefing you but the game system itself which allows such behavior is not broken. This is a case of PEBKAC.

I guess you managed to not read 46 pages of discussion on this thread alone, plus another 77 pages of discussion in another thread and jump right in, both feet first I might add.

Rather powerful arguments have been made why, if fact, this indicates that the status quo breaks another promise by the developers. Namely that on PvE servers all forms of PvP require consent by both players.

The current system makes it trivially easy to not only bypass the consent by the other player, but doing so in a way that the victim is unaware of what happened until after the gank is finished. And if you don't see a problem in that then I really have no idea what will convince you, but is sure is not logic, empathy or common sense.

I watched my wife unsub because of this last night. She was on Hoth, saw the flagged player, waved, and kept playing. He went over and stood on top of her companion, a tank, knowing he would aoe. My wife wasnt aware of the bug, and by the time she realized what happened she was dead.

quit game

uninstalled.

For some people this is a game breaker. They do not want to deal with griefers or with any pvp outside of a warzone. Hense, they roll on a pve server. This needs fixed or my wife will never play again, which means I will prob drop the game once I hit 50.

Wow, that truly sucks. The annoying thing is, that other player is probably proud of the reaction they got and would be among the first to post here saying the feature is 'working as intended' because it allows them to continue doing this.

The reason I support getting rid of it is it does nothing constructive for the game, and only benefits people like the player you're talking about. Other than promoting this type of griefing, there is no other reason to defend or endorse having it in the game.

Edited by daemian

I guess you managed to not read 46 pages of discussion on this thread alone, plus another 77 pages of discussion in another thread and jump right in, both feet first I might add.

Rather powerful arguments have been made why, if fact, this indicates that the status quo breaks another promise by the developers. Namely that on PvE servers all forms of PvP require consent by both players.

The current system makes it trivially easy to not only bypass the consent by the other player, but doing so in a way that the victim is unaware of what happened until after the gank is finished. And if you don't see a problem in that then I really have no idea what will convince you, but is sure is not logic, empathy or common sense.

Cry me a river. How about you get over it? This game isn't perfect, no game is. If people spent less time QQing on the forums and actually played, we would have a lot more lvl 50s running around with good enough gear to defend themselves if anyone actually wanted to start trouble.

Cry me a river. How about you get over it? This game isn't perfect, no game is. If people spent less time QQing on the forums and actually played, we would have a lot more lvl 50s running around with good enough gear to defend themselves if anyone actually wanted to start trouble.

They're on PVE servers for a reason. They're not interested in starting or defending themselves from trouble against other players.

This is not rocket surgery. These people have no interest in PVP. It's not what they're looking for in a game.

quit game

uninstalled.

I'm sorry to hear this. :( Hopefully they will adress this, and soon. I can definitely relate to how your wife is feeling. I just don't understand some people and their me-me-me attitudes and actually thinking it's funny to see another person hurt.

Thanks for the bump.

Gotta luv dem trolls

I'm sorry to hear this. :( Hopefully they will adress this, and soon. I can definitely relate to how your wife is feeling. I just don't understand some people and their me-me-me attitudes and actually thinking it's funny to see another person hurt.

Read this whole thing with a "German doktor" accent for added hilarity.

It is my professional opinion that these people suffer from a severe lack of socialization ability that can be traced back to their mothers and fathers not providing adequate attention to them and developing the ingrained imagery of a role model, and as such, have done nothing but showered their children with physical gifts to make up for the lack of actual parental affection.

(Chomps a pipe between his teeth before puffing it once or twice.)

Seriously though, I have no idea. I want to say it's the younger generation coming up, but I've even seen this sort of behavior from people my age and even a bit older (I'm 27.) So... I honestly have no idea. Lack of manners, I would guess - people who would just take the last piece of pizza and not ask if anyone wants it first.

I'll repeat:

By AOEing and hitting someone, you gave consent, same as if you targeted them with a direct attack. You are attacking a flagged player.

You can repeat it all you want. That does not make it true.

But then you have been deliberately ignoring the last 30 pages of counter examples and admitted you actively engaged in this type of activity. This means your argument is not only false (or at the very least woefully inadequate) but also self-serving.

Forum rules do not allow me to express my opinion of you as a human being, but I guess you can infer that without me having to type it here.

with all the exploits & bug complaints (griefing/illum/ability delay/fps) lately, wouldnt it be better if BW just scrapped PvP and give the PvP players a link to TF2 (its f2p and you get to kill other players).

PvE servers should be like FFXI....everyone can team up together and if they want to PvP just do it only in the designated areas (like huttball that they all seem to moan about) same as S/E did in FFXI....no open-world PvP, just in scheduled matches (ballista - 'faction vs faction') or off to a seperate island to PvP each other but everywhere else was play-together (or solo) and the only worry was having mobs taken from you (which was also stopped by a simple /blockaid which prevented ppl from healing you outside of party)

simple really

with all the exploits & bug complaints (griefing/illum/ability delay/fps) lately, wouldnt it be better if BW just scrapped PvP and give the PvP players a link to TF2 (its f2p and you get to kill other players).

PvE servers should be like FFXI....everyone can team up together and if they want to PvP just do it only in the designated areas (like huttball that they all seem to moan about) same as S/E did in FFXI....no open-world PvP, just in scheduled matches (ballista - 'faction vs faction') or off to a seperate island to PvP each other but everywhere else was play-together (or solo) and the only worry was having mobs taken from you (which was also stopped by a simple /blockaid which prevented ppl from healing you outside of party)

simple really

I like open world PVP on a PVE server. It adds to the flavour of the game. I just appreciate that a lot of people don't want to be tricked, ambushed or forced into PVPing.