Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

Deyjarl

Wait, so who damaged whom first? Who drew first blood?

Read. Understood.

If you don't want to get flagged, don't attack (damage) other players.

Nice try. Fail.

You already failed when you showed you don't have the attention span required to read the thread and see how your little scenario has been shot down 20+ times already.

Read before typing.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. The way it *should* work on a PvE server (imo, of course) is that if you are not flagged for PvP then your AoE should not damage other players, period. Heck, the fact that you aren't flagged for PvP clearly states your intent NOT to damage other players.

In addition, if you are not flagged, buffing or healing a friendly target who is flagged should simply have no effect (they should not receive the benefit of the buff or the heal, and you should not be flagged). Or perhaps doing so could bring up a window warning you that your actions will cause you to be flagged, and ask you to click a "Yes, flag me" button or something.

Bottom line is there is no reason for my character to be committing acts that damage enemy players if I have chosen NOT to do this by ensuring that I am not flagged for PvP.

Seems like a pretty easy solution. Hopefully they fix it.

Scanning through this topic since my last post hoping to see a dev response. Saw the yellow text and official avatar thing and got my hopes up only to have them dashed. I do appreciate the reminder to all to keep things civil but that wasn't the post I was looking for.

Oh well...guess I'll have to settle for a short post for a bump to this thread.

Been following this thread pretty closely and even made a post myself yesterday. The one thing I haven't seen was anyone who had my experience of being flagged after aiding a same faction character at lvl 13 or so (Lord Grathan area) on Dromund Kaas at the beginning of the game. Obviously, I wasn't ganked, but I was really mad at the time. I don't remember if it was the AoE or buff that I used on the player. At the time all I remember thinking was that I buffed him/her and got flagged for my efforts.

Actually, I did post something similar. And like you, I was in a relatively low lvl area and it was not a big deal. But you're right, there isn't much mention of this (other than theoretically) happening.

You just got tricked into flagging. Not a big deal.

If it was a PvP server, no biggi. It is PvP. BUT, this is on a PvE server.

SWToR should have a system in the game where you can prevent PvP tagging on PvE servers.

I play on a PvP server. I get ganked now and then, but then again, Im on a PvP server. I have to suck it up.

He on the other hand is on a PvE server. He should not have this problem.

Rift, which is a indi-game compered to SWTOR, manage to have a system in the game from release, why cant SWToR?

PvE is PvE. PvE is NOT PvP.

The only ones defending this problem is more or less PvP morones.

"no problems, it is only PvP".

"why you whine, play single player game instead".

"quit the game".

"Go back to WoW"

This is all aswers this PvP morones give to players who complain about being PvP dagged on a PvE server.

Originally Posted by Syrellaris

This is the way it works on pve servers. You used a Area of Effect attack and hit a pvp flagged enemy in the process. It wasn't the mob he attacked, no it was your attack hitting him. He tricked you, sure but in the end it is your fault. Simply should not have used a AOE.

The way it works on pve servers, in every MMO btw, is that You cannot become a pvp flagged person if you do not set yourself to it. However there are exceptions to that rule.

1) Entering a PvP area, were you become automatically flagged

2) Right clicking your avatar and setting the PvP flag on yourself.

3) Attacking an Enemy player that is PvP flagged.

You fall in catagory 3. Though luck.

Not to be rude but....

It is bindbaffeling how ignorant and naive you really are. See what I marked out in your post. You are taking EVERY MMO into account, and still you are wrong.

Rift has a system that prevents you from being PvP tagged on a PvE server. You're buffs will not effect people that is PvP tagged, your AoE will not effect PvP tagged people, you cant not attack PvP tagged people, unless you turn this system off.

You are just spewing words out to look good and play the troll. You have no idea how EVERY MMO out there works. Stating that you do just makes you look like a fool and every post you post is invalid and trashing.

Take a screenshot, or turn on your Fraps as the ganking is

occuring. Then it isn't just your word against another player.

Even a free game *cough* like Shaiya, has seperate, area maps, for PVP free for alls.

1v1 is allowed on all maps. The PVP flags on PVE maps never went on auto-pilot,

even if you AOE'd someone to death. Unless there was a macro involved. Just my 2 cents. *shrug*

I, prefer a PVE server...If I want to be dead all the time, I'll go to a PVP server.

Hope this gets fixed soon. *crosses fingers*

All I know, is if anyone ganks my kid...he/she is going to have trouble. PERIOD!

Hope there was enough troll food in this reply....edited just cuz!:D

Edited by Phoenix_Bird

The best thing to do is disable the PvP flag, logout and wait 5 minutes.

Yes, you can report them if you want. I'm not sure what Bioware is doing to people who do this.

The problem with toggling the flag is you must be in a "safe area" -- that is a location like your ship or a place that gives rested state.

Also needing to "quit the game" for 5 min and/or logout on a pve server over involuntary PvP flagging is asinine. PvE players rolled PvE to avoid this stuff.

Take a screenshot, or turn on your Fraps as the ganking is

occuring. Then it isn't just your word against another player.

I would hope the devs had logs of what power was used when etc so they can see your AoE hit 3 mobs and player x while player x was in stealth instead of you having to remember a screenshot while in the middle of trying to not die.

I know your post was intended as help, so I am not trying to be negative.

I would just make sure you raise an in-game ticket as close to the spot you got attacked in as possible and as soon as possible. If you die raise it while you are dead.

I won't assume that without a direct statement YET. But if that becomes the answer, or we have to assume it is because we go ANOTHER month, the yea, We'll have to assume WAI, and I along with many others will quit.

And never purchase a Bioware game again.

These are my favorite threats and I hope you follow through. I love people cutting off their nose to spite their face. Of course most people don't actually follow through, instead of a reasoned response they think the childish holding their breath and stamping their feet will get them what they want. IF you skip out on Mass Effect 3 and other fun BW projects as some imagined protest I say you go, who needs that nose right? :rolleyes:

These are my favorite threats and I hope you follow through. I love people cutting off their nose to spite their face. Of course most people don't actually follow through, instead of a reasoned response they think the childish holding their breath and stamping their feet will get them what they want. IF you skip out on Mass Effect 3 and other fun BW projects as some imagined protest I say you go, who needs that nose right? :rolleyes:

So giving them a MONTH for an answer before taking his custom elsewhere is stamping his feet and having a tantrum?

You really are kind of slow on the uptake, There shouldnt be open world pvp areas on a pve server period.
No, there should be. It should just be consensual.

people Join pve servers to control where they wanna pvp, its called a que.
Or a flag.

Of course your prolly one of those baddies everyone talks about using the exploits. stop defending the dbags of pvp.
No, I'm not but I still don't agree with you

So giving them a MONTH for an answer before taking his custom elsewhere is stamping his feet and having a tantrum?

No threatening to NEVER buy a BW product certainly is....but I assume you think that's reasonable and actually going to happen. But again feel free to do what you like, please don't imagine someone at BW is reading this and saying "HOLY **** this person is threatening to quit and never but our products if we don't make a statement... get on it NOW!!!!!"

And no I don't think any pointless threat is a good way to get some one to respond, at least not if you're an adult.

I've been killed several times by higher lvl enemy faction players while playing on a PvE server and while never having flagged myself for PvP, didn't understand what was going on until I saw this and other similar threads starting to crop up.

So I've already cancelled and given "non-consensual PvP on PvE servers" as one of the reasons in the feedback.

I just won't play a game where non-consensual PvP is possible, and can completely understand others quitting SWTOR for the same reason.

No, there should be. It should just be consensual.

Or a flag.

No, I'm not but I still don't agree with you

I agree with you - I say don't remove the flagging option on PvE servers, because people do use it, and why turn people away because they decide when they want to PvP with other people?

That said, I do NOT support the "AoE on a flagged player auto-flags you" method as it is right now. If you target someone and use a power on them, and they're flagged, then ok - you obviously know who you were selecting, and chose to use said single-target power against them. If it's an AoE around a target, like a sticky bomb, then the same should apply if and only if the target of the AoE was a flagged player - otherwise, same thing as the mortar rounds and the Force Sweep.

If you see three PvPers standing around in a group, and you think that would be the best time to shoot an AoE at them, then take the second to flag yourself for PvP before firing it off. Yeah, you run the risk of losing the ambush-like advantage, but it's a small price to pay for a much better atmosphere overall.

I agree with you - I say don't remove the flagging option on PvE servers, because people do use it, and why turn people away because they decide when they want to PvP with other people?

That said, I do NOT support the "AoE on a flagged player auto-flags you" method as it is right now. If you target someone and use a power on them, and they're flagged, then ok - you obviously know who you were selecting, and chose to use said single-target power against them. If it's an AoE around a target, like a sticky bomb, then the same should apply if and only if the target of the AoE was a flagged player - otherwise, same thing as the mortar rounds and the Force Sweep.

If you see three PvPers standing around in a group, and you think that would be the best time to shoot an AoE at them, then take the second to flag yourself for PvP before firing it off. Yeah, you run the risk of losing the ambush-like advantage, but it's a small price to pay for a much better atmosphere overall.

This pretty much sums up how I feel as well. I have nothing against PVP, but the auto-flagging AOE serves no useful purpose.