This game has no end game economy. This needs to be fixed ASAP

MercArcher

IMO casual players kill mmo's.

End game lacks cause there is none.

PvP gear is too EASY to earn.

Moddable gears makes amormech WORTHLESS 3 mil credits down the drain

Login 5 mins later bored outta my mind already not much to do at 50.

Yes i have a alt lvl 40

The game is just too simple but i also played WoW for 6 years and SWG before NGE

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea but with a game like WoW being out for so long, you think they could have at least made SWTOR comparable to it, rather than having less features. There's really no excuse for that. This game should have launched with at LEAST all of WoW's favorable features, then hopefully added original features later down the line.

It seems like for the next year Bioware will be revamping the GTC, endgame loot, and PVP to WoW's standards. It's a shame I probably won't stick around that long.

Are you serious??? Given the millions/billions Blizzard has had to put into their game since launch, it is unrealistic to think any new game will come out with everything a 7 plus year old game has.

First, I'd like to say it's called the GTN not GTM or GTC or any other GT.

Second, while I'm not level 50 yet, I have already gave up on most of my crafting because the quest/commendation gear is so much better and much less expensive to acquire. The craftables available at level 10 were great, so much better than quest items, but quickly deteriorated from there. It's practically impossible to keep a crafting current without significant farming time due to the quantities involved. I hope to finish levelling my crew skills at 50 once I've done all my major spending, but if nobody is going to buy them, that will be a problem. I've heard that top commendation gear is far better than the best purple craftable, and that doesn't even require flashpoints, just daily heroics.

In short, I agree with the OP that the professions are out of balance and thus leaving a huge void in player to player transactions.

As a 400 armourmech.. i dont see the big problem, i make purples at lvl 50 for the amount of 60-70k each and the stats are not bad at all either. ''reveresed engineering on blue schematics from hard modes'' keep you getting better gear, and as a roleplayer i dont have the chanse to raid directly. And still i see there's allot of uppgrades on armourmech, i can easily gain money from the materials i get from scavenging/underworld trading.

Vantherian out :3

''Trask ulgo''

There is virtually no reason to ever buy anything from another player late game.

There is only 1 viable profession(biochem), and once you make the reusable consumables you never need mats again so crafting at end game is make your stim, medpack, and adrenal then you're done with crafting forever.

BoE items are vastly inferior to even hard mode drops. You might buy some entry level gear, but once you can run a hard mode the only reason to buy any kind of item from the GTN is possibly the rakata implants/headsets from dailys.

There is no "always in need" profession in the game like WoW's Enchanting/Jewelcrafting/Alchemy. There is no end game consumables that aren't reusable, and crafted mods are hugely inferior to raid gear.

Unless something is done quickly there will be no need for credits other than repairing. This games end game economy is nonexistent and needs an update fast.

Has the game been out even a month yet to make such sweeping proclamations? Sad

Are you serious??? Given the millions/billions Blizzard has had to put into their game since launch, it is unrealistic to think any new game will come out with everything a 7 plus year old game has.

Enchanting was a viable profession from day 1, tailoring you could make bags that people always need, idk about the other professions. Also LUA mods like Auctioneer mean WoW's economy will always blow TOR's out of the water for the forseeable future.

IMO they should have just copied parts of the EVE Online economy and added a star wars theme. The star wars galaxies economy was probably better too, they could have copied that...

Edited by Shakuul

There is virtually no reason to ever buy anything from another player late game.

There is only 1 viable profession(biochem), and once you make the reusable consumables you never need mats again so crafting at end game is make your stim, medpack, and adrenal then you're done with crafting forever.

BoE items are vastly inferior to even hard mode drops. You might buy some entry level gear, but once you can run a hard mode the only reason to buy any kind of item from the GTN is possibly the rakata implants/headsets from dailys.

There is no "always in need" profession in the game like WoW's Enchanting/Jewelcrafting/Alchemy. There is no end game consumables that aren't reusable, and crafted mods are hugely inferior to raid gear.

Unless something is done quickly there will be no need for credits other than repairing. This games end game economy is nonexistent and needs an update fast.

I don't have biochem so I have plenty of reason to buy stuff at the GMT, and you can make some of it.

Also, do you intend to only play your single rushed through character or will you have alts? Plenty of reason for you to buy thing on the GMT since all professions craft gear that is widely superior to the quest drops and most of the commendation stuff. So you can do plenty of shopping to make your next levelling experience smother. I am having a blast selling lvl 23-25 gear and making loads of cash.

Finally, I have yet to find an MMO that I enjoy to play that has craftable stuff that is useful for highest level of endgame. I am as a crafter quite please to supply gear for any entry-raider, anyone who dont raid etc. And it is always new characters who need gear.

The issue with this is because crafters do not craft for anyone other then their own profit and a few close-nit friends.

The economy would be alot more stronger, if crafters crafted for everyone and bought resources from gatherers to help them achieve this goal, you can technically make alot of profit from just a plain full stack of Rubat Crystals, Desh, Silica and so on, but all crafters seem to just care about spending little, but gaining MASSIVE profit.

I agree that crafters need to make a profit, but gatherers need to as well and i am thinking if all the crafters would actually craft for other players in the community, while purchasing resources from gatherers for a reasonable price, then crafters would have the resources.

Slicing allowed non-crafters to have the credits to buy crafted items, but the issue that caused it to get nerfed is because the crafters weren't doing their job, slicing wasn't overpowered at all, it just seemed like that, because crafters weren't doing their job.

Feels like we play two different games... you don't seem to enjoy a single second but rushing through content and declare it old. I take time and enjoy every second of it. :)

IMO casual players kill mmo's.
Maybe for an elitist like you but not for the large majority of players who like to see and interact with others, either it be crafting or occasional flashpoints, operations etc.

End game lacks cause there is none.
End game seems fine and will for sure improve with time.

PvP gear is too EASY to earn.
Not all do PvP

You can recoup that cash by selling at the GTN, also are you sure about the cost??? 3 millions???

Login 5 mins later bored outta my mind already not much to do at 50.
I feel for you!

Yes i have a alt lvl 40
Good for you, but you seems to play that alt like your quickly rushed main.

The game is just too simple but i also played WoW for 6 years and SWG before NGE
I already know from your comments above that you are an elitist and much better than a sensible progression raider like me can ever be... (other games)

Originally Posted by Eracer

You can recoup that cash by selling at the GTN, also are you sure about the cost??? 3 millions???

Hah.. i spent around 800k creds... and that's allready made up again as i sit on 2mil Making 50 purples is worth it :D

You've not made any clear argument of what the problem actually is.

The problem is that Biochem is the only worthwhile profession. No other profession makes ANYTHING worth buying from other players. When everyone is Biochem, then even the good stuff you can buy off Chemists (Stims/Adrenals) becomes worthless, since everyone has the Rakata reusable versions.

We need more world drop items (materials, consumables, vanity items, etc) and more worthwhile craftable items at max skill for Armormech, Armstech, Synthweaving, and Cybertech. Things that are worth buying. Preferably things that are not reusable or things that need to be purchased multiple times, the way flasks, gems, enchants etc are in WoW. I hate to make the comparison to WoW, but I feel it's necessary since the WoW economy is so well designed. Even though inflation has caused a lot of devaluation of currency, it still makes a HUGE difference in the overall game. No matter how geared or experienced you are in WoW, there is always more stuff you can buy from other players. That's how an economy should be.

End game ... ready at launch.

Not realistic.

Well.....................With proper planning and execution it's possible. It could have been a reality. I believe that the game had a deadline and all of a sudden the deadline approached and they had to rush a lot of features. If that was the case, them maybe all that waiting that blizzard makes us do is not a bad idea.

1. Orange custom items are a problem. A person should not be able to just refit them forever. Essentialy there is very little need for new gear when you can so easily re load yours..

Another fix for this is to take the oranges out of commentations and quest rewards. Leave them for flash points and set max item level on them. Thus forcing the need to buy either from a crafter via GTN or run a FP to replace it.

I actually like the idea of being able to refit them forever. If I want a certain look and stick with it, I should be able to. While I don't agree with taking out oranges from commendations or quest rewards. I do agree that giving crafters schematics that create unique outfits/weapons should be considered As far as encouraging trade / economy goes.

I agree with that

I've read this entire thread, and most of it consists of one guy.. who seems really elitist ("HUR HUR HRU I'M ONE OF TWO GUILDS WHO KILLED SOA HARD MODE B4 NERF GUAIZ!! MY OPINION IS WORD OF JESUS!"

Sounds to me like someone is just butthurt.

When will you guys learn? Stop trying to get stuff nerfed. If your entire guild consists of FOTM re-rollers that's nobody's fault but your own. Oh hey, LOOK, a consumable profession has a small advantage at the beginning of an MMO... who WOULD'VE THOUGHT

We've seen this play out time and time again (at least I have, not too sure about OP, seems rather new to this whole thing)

Any guild that's currently doing 16 man nightmare modes (which are buggy as ****, and when they aren't bugged ARE NOT EVEN THAT F'N HARD) that REQUIRES biochem is basically using the rakata medpac as a crutch to beat encounters. This is because they cannot beat them without a free, overpowered (yes, the medpac is quite overpowered) heal. Why else would you require everyone to go biochem?

OP is bad IMO.

To have an economy you must have something worth somthing to someone...

The problem with Crafting right now is you while you can give yourself a quick boost at lvl 50 to some blue/purple gear (which may i add looks awful) its better to keep your custom skins and just run dailies to get epic mods which are better than the crafted mods unless your raiding (afik you can get quality 25 mods from raids, not raided so i dont know)

At the moment dailies and raids completely destroy the economy as people with a little effort can get items for free...

You must have demand to provide a supply .... without it there is no profit.

Only problem I see here is the OP blitzed through the game so fast and now has nothing to do until the other 99.5% catch up. Go outside for awhile seriously lol.

The majority of this game isn't even 1/2 way to 50 yet. Why in the world do you expect an end game economy already? If you've done all this raiding wouldn't you be looking for crafters for all those end game schematics that are supposedly so good that drop in them?

The fact that you ran out of things to do isn't the rest of the populations fault lol.

I'm pretty sure end game economy gripes are a bit early for a newly launched game.

Economies take time, and end game economy elements are ususally patched in after release in MMOs. Anything they put in at release would be flawed at best. So post release patching is actually the more intelligent way to approach this IMO.

Patience is indeed a scarce element in this forum.

the post is so true, whst is wrong with everyone, the game isnt even a month old, it took wow years to get things right, and just becouse is Bioware, everyone thinks the game shouldnt have a single flaw, give it time lord, yes the crafting deff needs to be fixed and should be there number one concern along with pvp, if a a few months nothing has been done then cry about it not on first month of release

Well.....................With proper planning and execution it's possible. It could have been a reality. I believe that the game had a deadline and all of a sudden the deadline approached and they had to rush a lot of features. If that was the case, them maybe all that waiting that blizzard makes us do is not a bad idea.

All of what waiting, the only MMo they have is WOW, and bioware none MMo games are just as good and polished as bliz, so your saying that WOW was perfect at release and had no endgame probs

I have my tanking and dps reusable Stims, Adrenals, and medpack

I am fully T2/T3 geared

I have no reason to EVER go to the GTM

Once people catch up (full T2 gear is easy to get) and make their adrenals/stims/medpack from the one and only viable profession they will never have any reason to go the the GTM.

There is literally NO point in actually trading with other players. There's nothing worth buying or selling.

Let me see if I understand this; You're complaining that you DON'T have to fork over credits. Interesting.....

It seems your're compaint isn't really with a lack of an economy. It's seems your complaint is you don't have anything to spend credits on.

Edited by LordHartigan

I see several people already level 50, already into Purple raid gear with their Rakata Biochems with all the ship upgrades and speeders. Will these people stay when Diablo 3 comes down the gaming pipe? These people are playing it like they play rented Console games. I'm not knocking this, everyone should do/play what they want. But not everyone is alike in their playstyles.

I do not go at these MMO games with ENDgame in my sights 2 months after Launch though.

Discussing the flaws of an ingame economy 2 months after a new MMO launch is equally a burn of time.

I enjoy Synthweaving, looking for mats, doing quests, grouping with cool people. I play a couple times a week. I want to watch this fun game evolve, get better and it will. In the past (yes I am older circa EQ 1999) playing anything to much brings one to inevitable burn out. I intend on getting 1 character to the raiding level and then begin a second. In this way I can raid when I can, and go through the beginning planets and crafting infantcy when raiding does not spark my fancy. I do not always look at a game, pick it apart to get to its endgame as fast as possible. I play these games...this game because it is fun and it relaxes me. I like looking at the GTC, selling, buying, looking for Mat nodes, trying to get blue and purple schematics, rare items in my travels and see some of the environment I have only until now, read about in books. Its Star Wars after all.

What is viable is what makes the game fun for each person that plays it. Thats what keeps subscribers around. If the devs decide to make things more difficult to obtain...I.E. reusable Biochems, then so be it. Game balance is important but I don't really care if some people are benefitting from some of the inbalance. It has no bearing on what makes the game fun for me. I still grin when I RE that blue item I just made...I cross my fingers and hope to get a rare. I go to the GTC, buy mats I don't have and try again and again. I want to see how everything looks on my character. The only way to do that is to be able to make as many different items as possible. The only way to do that is to play the game.

Let's say you are a casual player. Not hardcore. You don't want to raid. Run a few dungeons, do some crafting, sell some stuff. What content is there for you? Crafting is completely worthless so you can't sell anything. After a few dungeons you'll get everything you need. There is no world content because you did it all while leveling and even if there was there is nothing to do with the credits you collected.

Sounds like a formula for a game that dies in 6 months.

You can say that about any MMO... You hit max level and don't want to raid, what do you do? Oh I don't know what people that play an MMO for years do after they hit max level and don't raid.

I hear this tired arguement about all the MMOs I ever played and will continue in all future MMOs. Here's a hint, everyone that plays MMOs don't do for the same reasons.

This is pretty much copy pasta. Enjoy.

P.S. someone else put this gem together

http://i.imgur.com/kET1L.jpg

Epic.

But I was in beta, I told everyone that this was WoW with voice acting and a SW skin. Nothing wrong with that, i played wow for years and liked it.

The issue with the econ is many faceted:

1. Vendor gear is WAY better, they can be better, just not overly so.

I think there needs to be a reason for players to buy player made stuff, if token gear is way better make the cost way higher, this way players will opt to save their tokens and buy crafted gear to get by.

2. The abundance of quality quest reward gear. I have a bank full of orange quest gear.

Either reduce the amount of orange gear as quest rewards to spur crafted orange gear OR let (or up the rate) crafted orange armor crit to give crafted orange armor the edge.

3. Crafters are islands that do not need to trade.

Say I take Cyber/Scav/UWT, i do not need anything from anyone to level my crafting. Crafting mats are a great economy builder. In other games there was some cross crafting mats needed -- say like Bio wants to make a reusable stem, but needs to get a cyber to make an injection regulator, and the cyber want to make his cryo grenade he needs to get a monding compound made only by bio. There is also cross gathering mats approach, say to make something at the high end I need mats from Scav, UWT, and Archeology.

Edited by Racheakt