This game has no end game economy. This needs to be fixed ASAP

MercArcher

which is why I argue biochem needs to be nerfed and redesigned into raid craftables instead of an easy way for every tom dick and jane to get an infinitely replenishable stat stim

BW is DEFINITELY going to add a stipulation that reusable grenades/stims will require you to have the skill in order to use them.

It WILL happen. It's just a matter of time.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it stands now without VAST CHANGES, there will never be any end game economy ever.

why not?

i think it's very easy to fix.

just buff other professions with new, powerful schematics and introduce some other features that require mats/crafting (like enchanting in wow) and people will start dropping Biochem, because other professions would be equally good/needed.

I understand that, but there are like 2 million playing.

No MMORPG has not had its share of this. I think that I actually predicted it about a month ago. The game is on a timeline. They didn't just through it out there randomly. You just blew through that to 50.

No MMORPG has had worthwhile endgame crafting?

I can't think of too many (that aren't free to play now) that fall into that category: Rift and WoW both had worthwhile endgame crafting on multiple professions at launch (yes wow's was full of holes, but that was 2004 people)

Here's hoping Bioware has some sense and realizes this is an issue rather than ignores it, but given their glacial patching process I'm deeply worried about the future of this game

Edited by impyawake

reusable grenades have nothing on biochem.

The game is still very fresh. Maybe they will add some awesome Relic schematic that only Cybertech can make/use, that would rival the Biochem.

Same with other professions.

Bottom line is, things are going to change and new stuff is going to come. You cant have everything within 1 month of the game launch. BW needs to monitor the game balance first, and then make according changes.

Edited by Descento

They will eventually. I assure you vanilla wow had very little worthwhile for raiders to buy within a month of launch. Especially considering ideas like crafted patterns didnt exist yet. You're essentially demanding they center all the effort around raiders RIGHT NOW when half the playerbase isnt even in level range to do 50 content yet, and the initial raids arent fully debugged yet.

He is exactly right. You could buy a couple of purples, otherwise you were farming blues to get into Molten Core, which ONLY THE ELITE DID. Some of you have let WOW's sell out mentality convince you the current game, which is hated even more on their forums than SWTOR is on our forums, is the best it's ever been. FAR FROM IT.

And frankly, no one is interested in playing Kung Fu Panda, and if you want REAL ANGER? Go to the D3 forums. See how that's going with their terrible class choices and seedy beta methodology.

They knew. My point was. raiders are a MINORITY. The vast majority of players in an MMO will NEVER be on a crack top tier raid team. They will not clear every raid. They will never be geared in all purple gear and shouting their penile superiority from the rooftops. Catering the entire game around 1% of the population is stupid.

wanna know why WoW implemented Looking For Raid? because they knew it was the only way to get more people to experience raid content because most people simply dont CARE to spend multiple nights a week practicing bosses.

Actually from my experience in WoW the vast majority of....I don't know...everybody did actually raid something...

They may not have done the ultra hardmode 40 or 20 mans but a lot did do 10 mans.

The whole point of end-game and being 50 is an MMO is to raid and PVP

There is NOTHING else.

Seems rather risky to add in craftable awesome gear in the first tier, in case you accidentally trivialize everything by making hard mode raid gear '1 person gets the pattern and everyone on server gets the item'.

You *can* design a system to prevent that happening, but you need to make sure you haven't screwed that up first.

Handing everyone nightmare raid gear the moment they hit 50 would be worse than not having enough crafting patterns. So it seems like they can take some time and digest what they want drop rates to be.

Its unfortunate that so many of the people in the thread are so caught up in defending the game that they defend the bad features with arguments such as "stop being a better player" and other statements that have nothing to do with the problem. What I don't think they realize is how they are trying to keep the bad features of the game.

Its sad that's what this forums has turned into. People trying to point out flaws in the game so bioware can fix them, and fanboys flipping out that someone has anything negative to say about the game.

Im just going to say this, calling out someone for being one of the people for RUSHING to lvl 50 does not mean that they are a better player. It means that they rushed through a majority of what the game consist of and are now complaining about the lack of top level content.

That being said, one thing that they could do is the occasional purple schem for lvl 400 professions that are comparable to all but the top tier raid gear. The schematics alone could help stimulate the economy because people will want to be able to craft the best items whether that is for their guild or for their alts.

With this, it would stimulate even casual non-raiding players to possibly buy the armor as well as the raiders. It would be beneficial to both.

I don't believe that this topic was approached the correct way. The best way to back up your argument is to bring in facts. Everything said so far has been opinion based. "Biochem is the only reasonable profession because of the implants."

What you should've done is compare some of the top mats that each profession can make compared to the first tier of raid gear and so on.

Just to clear this up, aritfice is also a needed profession considering the fact that alot of people want a certain lightsaber color regardless if it is slightly better than another color merely because it adds a bit of individualism to the toon.

Another reason is because it is possible to not have enough commendations for the mods you need or whatever else and so to improve your gear, the only thing to do besides move on and not worry about it is go to the GTC and purchase them. Credits will becaome more important as the game progresses and I believe every lvl 50 can attest to this. Talents alone are outrageous, so it is safe to assume that creds will become even more vital as the level max is changed.

So crafting and selling items will have an effect on the economy. Even if it doesn't effect all lvl 50s.

If I kinda strayed from the main subject I apologize, I was getting a little ahead of myself I believe.

I'm not that upset with the game, but it would be easier to be patient if I weren't paying 100% of a monthly sub for a game that is only 75% complete. Just sayin.

Maybe if you sweet talk SR, he'll get you a $3.50 a month discount. Would that make you feel better?

:rolleyes:

The whole point of end-game and being 50 is an MMO is to raid and PVP

There is NOTHING else.

You're shoebox may not be another persons shoebox.

There are other things to do at level cap (in just about every MMO in fact). Just because you can't see it does not mean it does not exist.

Im just going to say this, calling out someone for being one of the people for RUSHING to lvl 50 does not mean that they are a better player. It means that they rushed through a majority of what the game consist of and are now complaining about the lack of top level content.

That being said, one thing that they could do is the occasional purple schem for lvl 400 professions that are comparable to all but the top tier raid gear. The schematics alone could help stimulate the economy because people will want to be able to craft the best items whether that is for their guild or for their alts.

With this, it would stimulate even casual non-raiding players to possibly buy the armor as well as the raiders. It would be beneficial to both.

I don't believe that this topic was approached the correct way. The best way to back up your argument is to bring in facts. Everything said so far has been opinion based. "Biochem is the only reasonable profession because of the implants."

What you should've done is compare some of the top mats that each profession can make compared to the first tier of raid gear and so on.

Just to clear this up, aritfice is also a needed profession considering the fact that alot of people want a certain lightsaber color regardless if it is slightly better than another color merely because it adds a bit of individualism to the toon.

Another reason is because it is possible to not have enough commendations for the mods you need or whatever else and so to improve your gear, the only thing to do besides move on and not worry about it is go to the GTC and purchase them. Credits will becaome more important as the game progresses and I believe every lvl 50 can attest to this. Talents alone are outrageous, so it is safe to assume that creds will become even more vital as the level max is changed.

So crafting and selling items will have an effect on the economy. Even if it doesn't effect all lvl 50s.

If I kinda strayed from the main subject I apologize, I was getting a little ahead of myself I believe.

Ok, its not because of the implants that biochem is the only viable profession. It is because of the reusable stims/medpack/adrenals

Examples

Adrenals 1725 armor vs 1500 armor (1725 is infinite use, 1500 in 1 time use)

Medpacks 5050-6175 + 2245 over 10 sec vs 3750-4575 + 1665 over 10 sec (5050-6175 is infinite use, 3750 is 1 time use)

Stims 136 end + 56 Def vs 112 end + 46 Def (136 is infinite use, 112 is 1 time use)

With other professions nothing you can make is better than the gear you can already get. (Hard mode quality loot drops schematics from hard modes, nightmare from nightmare)

bugged to hell - Yes (every MMO raid at launch is)

Not fun - No, they are quite fun IMO and show potential for upcoming tiers.

Every boss is either overtuned due to bugs or impossible maths or a simple cast of tank + spank and watch out for spot on ground. It's not difficult, it's not even fun. SWTOR can't have a competitive end game because it lacks fundamental core gameplay utilities such as a combat log.

This game is -as good- as WoW was in 2004, granted, but we're now in 2012 and things have moved on. It's just really not fun.

The game economy as a whole is gimped due in part to crew skills not providing well enough at a reasonable cost to craft, lvling giving fairly decent gear, and a terrible GTN interface. Theres 3 quick reasons why some things need to be changed. The cost of crafting above quest gear for your lvl would be fine if players had more money to spend while leveling currently they do not.

The GTN interface I can only hope is going to be fixed in 1.2 if not sooner considering how poorly it was put together (Honestly think they had an unpaid intern do it in a day or two).

In terms of crew skills having a use at end game get rid of max lvl commendation vendors or at the very least let players craft equal or better stuff than one can get from a commendation vendor.

I agree with the lack of economy problem.. Yes i understand that the game is new. Im actually very happy with the majority of the game and can wait for most things to be fixed and implemented.

I think there are a couple issues to deal with.

1. Orange custom items are a problem. A person should not be able to just refit them forever. Essentialy there is very little need for new gear when you can so easily re load yours..

Another fix for this is to take the oranges out of commentations and quest rewards. Leave them for flash points and set max item level on them. Thus forcing the need to buy either from a crafter via GTN or run a FP to replace it.

I know one of the goalz of BW was to make it easier for casual players to keep up with gear.. but as a casual player who hasnt even hit 50 yet i have far to good of gear for my effort. Most of my companions are full orange current gear as well.

Additionaly .. there needs to be craftable stims .. adrenals and medpacks that are way more powerfull. These should not be reusable and the bosses should be raised for how hard they hit. Atleast from what ive seen so far. This doesnt mean the reusables shouldnt exist but they should be less powerfull for sure.

Lastly.. make bosses have different types of damage that requires stims against that are comsumables. That way crafters can get involved.