This game has no end game economy. This needs to be fixed ASAP

MercArcher

Normal Mode raids < Hard Mode Flashpoints < Hard Mode Raids < Nightmare Raids.

Normal raids and hard FPs drop T1/T2 gear

Hard mode and Nighmare raids drop T2/T3

I'd point out thats better than WoW did at launch, then. Tier 1 was the only pony in town other than dungeon sets.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd point out thats better than WoW did at launch, then. Tier 1 was the only pony in town other than dungeon sets.

It might be better to think of them as T1.1, 1.2, and 1.3

They share the exact same look just different coloring, and share set bonuses.

While it is easy to compare this game that has had over seven years to polish all of the kinks it had, it's very unfair to do so in any case. The only realistic reason WoW was able to get to the state it was in was at start up it was relatively the best choice of MMO out there because of how well designed it was from the start, because of this it grew a huge consumer-base and it was that consumer-base alone that allowed Blizzard to polish the game as well as actually care about an end game. MMOs post-WoW don't have that luxury unfortunately. Even SWTOR itself is really one giant experimentational leap to see if another MMO can receive the kind of fanbase that WoW has which will allow for it to be supported in the long term in the same way WoW has. SWTOR definitely seems to have the kind of following so far so my best answer is to just not worry about it and it will happen soon enough, but the only way it will happen is if players keep supporting the game, that's how the MMO mutualism usually works.

They do? Excellent. They make up most of the consumer base.

Don't worry, what us "hard core raider no life *******" realize as problems early will be noticed and realized by the casuals eventually. It takes them longer to do it, but they will be on the same "please fix this" bandwagon eventually.

Edited by MercArcher

Don't worry, what us "hard core raider no life *******" realize as problems early will be noticed and realized by the casuals eventually. It takes them longer to do it, but they will be on the same "please fix this" bandwagon eventually.

Well, hopefully theyll fix issues that the majority of the fanbase cares about more first, then?

The OP is right...I havent used the GTN once because theres no reason to. I dont know if its such a bad thing since Ive never been that into farming for crafting or using the AH hardcore. But many people are so itll probably hurt the game in the long run. And people who said WoW didnt have an economy to start reaaaaly dont know *** theyre talking about. I made all my epic mount gold farming devilsaur leather because the craftable gear sold quite well a that time. Blacksmiths had similar success with arcanite...arcanite reaper anyone? Every fresh 60 warrior wanted one of those. Theres nothing similar in ToR cause craftable gear is useless.

I Went to the GTM once while leveling from lvl 1 to 45, and i ran away from it never to return.

the crafting i did (synthweaving) felt like it would realy be worth doing while leveling.

The only time the items where better was when i couldn't use them due to lvl restrictions, then i usually baged em and waited.

By the time i was at that lvl some random q or vendor offered me something more shiny, but my creds where already gone.

Good thing they where useless anyway it seems XD

There is virtually no reason to ever buy anything from another player late game.

There is only 1 viable profession(biochem), and once you make the reusable consumables you never need mats again so crafting at end game is make your stim, medpack, and adrenal then you're done with crafting forever.

BoE items are vastly inferior to even hard mode drops. You might buy some entry level gear, but once you can run a hard mode the only reason to buy any kind of item from the GTN is possibly the rakata implants/headsets from dailys.

There is no "always in need" profession in the game like WoW's Enchanting/Jewelcrafting/Alchemy. There is no end game consumables that aren't reusable, and crafted mods are hugely inferior to raid gear.

Unless something is done quickly there will be no need for credits other than repairing. This games end game economy is nonexistent and needs an update fast.

Ats cause there's only like 10 of you there. ;p

Rest are playing the game.

I Went to the GTM once while leveling from lvl 1 to 45, and i ran away from it never to return.

the crafting i did (synthweaving) felt like it would realy be worth doing while leveling.

The only time the items where better was when i couldn't use them due to lvl restrictions, then i usually baged em and waited.

By the time i was at that lvl some random q or vendor offered me something more shiny, but my creds where already gone.

Good thing they where useless anyway it seems XD

Did you RE them? I'm Arms. I'm shifting to red gear and I'm running bleeding edge on weapons all the time. I'm earning enough selling my weapons and barrell to buy their mods, gear, and pots .

What's not economy about that?

Yea but with a game like WoW being out for so long, you think they could have at least made SWTOR comparable to it, rather than having less features.

FYI, Bioware isn't Blizzard. WHAT?! Insanity! Yes, but Poster, they have lived in the same world, researched, and should obviously have been up-to-the-second-copying WoW behaviour!

Coding and design doesn't always work that way, though. Bioware has to make its mistakes.. More than likely, in some areas, BW was consciously trying to NOT copy things, which leads to some of the awkwardness of design (And is questionable, as they did copy a number of things).

In the end, it's easy to sit here as a player and say 'THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE ________.' when you weren't coding, working on deadlines, working with design teams, et al. Corporate bureaucracy is also a convoluted business. Sucks, but it's the truth. And in the end, if they'd copied x, y, and z from WoW, someone else would be complaining. It's impossible to please everyone. :p

Well, my guild alone has 60+ level 50s already, there are also many other guilds with level 50s on my server.

I understand that, but there are like 2 million playing.

No MMORPG has not had its share of this. I think that I actually predicted it about a month ago. The game is on a timeline. They didn't just through it out there randomly. You just blew through that to 50.

A lot of the Crew Skills seem to be geared around leveling up. Cyber Tech is great for leveling because you can get modable gear and keep characters up-to-date easily.

I have noticed that there is now a good range of things you can buy on the market while leveling. I seem to sell prototype items pretty quickly as well.

I know this has nothing to do with the level 50 economy and end game skills, but i think if you are patient they will begin to bring in new schematics that are more useful in endgame. Right now i think it is understandable that the focus is on leveling characters as this is what most people are still doing.

The professions that need the most love are the ones that craft items such as Synthweaving. I have been trying to make a modable item with an augment slot (which could actually be useful) but no luck so far.

I am kind of on the fence about it. My main has Synthweaving to ~220 or so and outside of the occasional blue upgrades I find that most of my gear is found through FP's and commendations. It's useless for the most part. I'm not making any money but I'm spending so much to level it.

On the other hand, I understand that it's the beginning of the MMO's life and eventually, Bioware will address these problems. A lot of aspects about the game are already better than WoW when WoW was first launched but it just needs a lot of polishing at this point.

You can't ever say never in a game like this. Things are always changing and what once was a problem, will be a thing of the past in the future. After all, I quit WoW after getting 85 and heroic geared, because raids at the time were more difficult to get into, coupled with pop and guild issues (lack of). Raid finder dropped 9 months later and I find myself back into the game and I had a blast gearing myself up to do it but now having dropped it again b/c of loot issues.

Its almost like they threw in endgame to cater to the blithering psychopaths who think the only reason to play an MMO is loot.

Why don't fanboi trolls such as yourself shut up if you have nothing to add to the conversation?

You know, constructive criticism is actually a -good- thing.

This is something Bioware should look into, and it is legitimate to wonder why they couldn't have implemented a better system from the start... it's not like they had to reinvent the wheel - they had other MMO's such as WoW, LOTRO, etc. to build upon.

Edited by jaimieeb

Without an economy nobody can make money to cover the outrageous repair costs... This needs to be resolved. It wont get better when more people are higher levels because the game is designed so nobody actually needs anything except cash to repair, with no means to aquire it outside dailies :p