This game has no end game economy. This needs to be fixed ASAP

MercArcher

There is virtually no reason to ever buy anything from another player late game.

There is only 1 viable profession(biochem), and once you make the reusable consumables you never need mats again so crafting at end game is make your stim, medpack, and adrenal then you're done with crafting forever.

BoE items are vastly inferior to even hard mode drops. You might buy some entry level gear, but once you can run a hard mode the only reason to buy any kind of item from the GTN is possibly the rakata implants/headsets from dailys.

There is no "always in need" profession in the game like WoW's Enchanting/Jewelcrafting/Alchemy. There is no end game consumables that aren't reusable, and crafted mods are hugely inferior to raid gear.

Unless something is done quickly there will be no need for credits other than repairing. This games end game economy is nonexistent and needs an update fast.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is because there is no end game.

Every crew skill but biochem is useless.

All your credits will go to repairing your gear that took damage during wipes on bugged raids that are still in alpha.

Edited by zolthie

That is because there is no end game.

Every crew skill but biochem is useless.

All your credits will go to repairing your gear that took damage during wipes on bugged raids that are still in alpha.

As someone who is both a raider and an economy player I was largely impressed with the hard modes in 16 man, the economy however is terrible.

I'm pretty sure end game economy gripes are a bit early for a newly launched game.

Economies take time, and end game economy elements are ususally patched in after release in MMOs. Anything they put in at release would be flawed at best. So post release patching is actually the more intelligent way to approach this IMO.

Patience is indeed a scarce element in this forum.

I'm pretty sure end game economy gripes are a bit early for a newly launched game.

Economies take time, and end game economy elements are ususally patched in after release in MMOs. Anything they put in at release would be flawed at best. So post release patching is actually the more intelligent way to approach this IMO.

Patience is indeed a scarce element in this forum.

I have my tanking and dps reusable Stims, Adrenals, and medpack

I am fully T2/T3 geared

I have no reason to EVER go to the GTM

Once people catch up (full T2 gear is easy to get) and make their adrenals/stims/medpack from the one and only viable profession they will never have any reason to go the the GTM.

There is literally NO point in actually trading with other players. There's nothing worth buying or selling.

I am fully T2/T3 geared

Once people catch up (full T2 gear is easy to get) and make their adrenals/stims/medpack from the one and only viable profession they will never have any reason to go the the GTM.

There is literally NO point in actually trading with other players. There's nothing worth buying or selling.

For now.

Its not like day 1 launch of world of warcraft there were raid level gear patterns on the auction house. Though its my personal opinion making stims and adrenals infinite when you get purple versions was a stupid idea.

For now.

Its not like day 1 launch of world of warcraft there were raid level gear patterns on the auction house. Though its my personal opinion making stims and adrenals infinite when you get purple versions was a stupid idea.

Enchants, potions, flasks, elixirs, farmable consumables (firewater), scrolls, raid craftables (these arn't worth having any other profession other than biochem atm) WoW had plenty of things worth going to the AH for right away.

Enchants, potions, flasks, elixirs, farmable consumables (firewater), scrolls, raid craftables (these arn't worth having any other profession other than biochem atm) WoW had plenty of things worth going to the AH for right away.

You've not made any clear argument of what the problem actually is.

Edited by MrTijger

For now.

Those are only usable by people with Biochem at a certain level. The perma biochem items are not phasing the economy.

The abundance of loot, quickness of leveling, and how useless armor is due to orange mod armor (and lack of an appearance tab to cover up the uglier items) is hurting the economy.

I personally got an orange set I can live with and just recycle my mods. I would probably buy or even craft purple/blue armor but since I can't stand looking like a clown I haven't bothered. It is just easier to run flashpoints, take the mods out of higher level armor and use the mods in anything I need.

which is why I argue biochem needs to be nerfed and redesigned into raid craftables instead of an easy way for every tom dick and jane to get an infinitely replenishable stat stim

Those are only usable by people with Biochem at a certain level. The perma biochem items are not phasing the economy.

The abundance of loot, quickness of leveling, and how useless armor is due to orange mod armor (and lack of an appearance tab to cover up the uglier items) is hurting the economy.

I personally got an orange set I can live with and just recycle my mods. I would probably buy or even craft purple/blue armor but since I can't stand looking like a clown I haven't bothered. It is just easier to run flashpoints, take the mods out of higher level armor and use the mods in anything I need.

I agree. but their argument is that the economy is pointless at 50 because orange armor cant accept raid level mods (which are stuck inside raid gear)

Yea but with a game like WoW being out for so long, you think they could have at least made SWTOR comparable to it, rather than having less features. There's really no excuse for that. This game should have launched with at LEAST all of WoW's favorable features, then hopefully added original features later down the line.

It seems like for the next year Bioware will be revamping the GTC, endgame loot, and PVP to WoW's standards. It's a shame I probably won't stick around that long.

My personal argument is expecting a fully featured reason for raiders to use the GTM at 50 isnt realistic just yet. it'll come eventually.

How is it not realistic to expect a very vital portion of the end game to be ready at launch?

The perma biochem items are not phasing the economy.

They are murdering the economy.

The ONLY viable profession is Biochem because of the Rakata reusables

If you are not Biochem with Rakata reusables you are gimping yourself.

Everyone is required to go Biochem to be competitive end game

Everyone will have the Rataka reusables as they are extremely easy to make (a total of 1 crystal alloy and 16 T6 mats)

There will be no items worth selling once more people reach end game, and there is no constantly in need profession in the game. Its a stale economy.

I agree. but their argument is that the economy is pointless at 50 because orange armor cant accept raid level mods (which are stuck inside raid gear)

Orange armor CAN use raid mods, but raid mods are BoP and don't include armoring, just mod/enchancement.

Raid mods are also VASTLY superior to crafted ones, AND raid sets have set bonuses, so no one will be wearing orange gear (outside of bracers/belt) anyways.

How is it not realistic to expect a very vital portion of the end game to be ready at launch?

The same way its not realistic to expect a fully featured endgame at launch. Most players arent rushing to 50 day one so they can get world firsts. Catering for the 200 or so ridiculously hardcore people that do is a retarded marketing strategy.

Maybe because an economy doesnt spring to life fully formed?

There is no economy because there is no reason to buy anything and every profession except one is useless. It's almost like... *gasp*... crafting and end game economy was an after thought.

The same way its not realistic to expect a fully featured endgame at launch. Most players arent rushing to 50 day one so they can get world firsts. Catering for the 200 or so ridiculously hardcore people that do is a retarded marketing strategy.

As it stands now without VAST CHANGES, there will never be any end game economy ever. It was a bad design. This isn't something thats just forget about it for now and improve it later, its just horrible game design.

Not everyone has zero expectations. They knew people would rush to 50 to get to end game content. It happens in every game. It's almost like they learned nothing from other games. Either that or worse... they just didn't care.

There is no economy because there is no reason to buy anything and every profession except one is useless. It's almost like... *gasp*... crafting and end game economy was an after thought.

Its almost like they threw in endgame to cater to the blithering psychopaths who think the only reason to play an MMO is loot.

And I'm still waiting to hear why thats a problem.

I am fully T2/T3 geared

I spent hundredthousands of creds on gear to deck out my companions and make the same amount selling Implants.

Implants cost 120 daily tokens and are usually taken last as rewards, so people buy them on the GTN for reasonable prices.

I also buy crew skill missions, crafting mats and sometimes high level companion gifts.

I totally agree that the loot system is borked, the drops in instances are horribad at times and that pvp epics are a joke BUT at least on my server, the GTN is fairly used.