Sith Emperor vs Darth Sidious

Lord_Butcher

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kewl, never tried to put a spoiler in, anyways besides the fact that Palp was the strongest sith according to canon, in the jedi knight story the emperor is killed by the jedi knight (yes the Emperor was weakened and it allowed the Knight an advantage). Still I say that the Emperor was not the strongest sith and would lose to Palp.

This does make me wonder about rituals and powers that were lost over time though, and that just because someone is powerful, does not mean that they don't have weaknesses that can be exploited.

• 5 months later...
Canon says otherwise.

i am so sick of hearing "canon says" as an argument over who'd win in a battle between people. yes, i understand that technically what canon says is true but thats only because gerorge lucas refuses to let anybody be more powerful than his characters even though i have seen/read his characters getting their asses handed to them. Canon was created to protect the characters he created, and how the hell would lucas know whos the strongest ever? he claims to never have read the books so how the hell would he know how powerful ANYONE was. He just says palpatine/luke with absolutely nothing to back it up and like sheep everyone just follows... someone could write an OFFICIAL star wars book about a sith lord who was so powerful that he blinked his eyes and the entire galaxy blew up and when lucas was questioned he'd still say palpatine was the strongest even though there was no possible effing way he could be, and all u little lucas fan boys would run around saying canon says in every debate u were in. I dont wanna hear it, really i dont. fact of the matter is the sith emperor, like palp, devoured a planet... except unlike palp the Vitiate didnt leave anything behind, he didnt even leave the force behind... he devoured EVERYTHING... there wasnt even any wind left and light was even distorted. idc about the fact he uses "trinkets" either... its the ends that matter not the means... fact is he can touch his presence to someone and they just drop screaming, so i dont care about all the flashy powers paplatines got... he wouldnt have a chance to use them... Vitiate would look at him and within a second palpatine would just fall over... and i deff dont wanna hear that palps force lightning is the most powerful ever blah blah blah etc... if it was that powerful it would have killed windu... uh oh *BIG SPOILER*... mace windu didnt effing die, he survived. and if u dont believe me then go ahead and look it up. as a matter of fact there talk of him being in episode VII... but to be fair im not trying to take away from palpatine either, being able to rip through the fabric of space and create worm holes is amazing and his abilities with a lightsaber are also top knotch. but those factors are irrelevant against someone who can just look at u then its fight over. (its like trying to fight itachi on naruto... alot of people have super powerful and flashy powers that make them seem like gods and every single time one of them face itachi he just looks at them and he wins the fight.) also i hear "well palpatine fought 4 jedi masters" and blah blah... i dont wanna hear it, the sith emperor gathered the 9 strongest sith lords in the galaxy and beat them all at the same time just by looking at them. and then lets talk immortality... anyone who claims palpatine is more of an immortal than the sith emperor is just plain retarded... lets see... 1 of these 2 men lived for over 1,300 years and another lived say 80 years (100 tops)... so i think its fair to say the Vitiate was far more immortal than sidious ever was and if sidious was soooo much more immortal than where the hell is he now? thats right he's dead... so im gonna give the immortality card to the guy that managed to live over 16 average human life spans, not the guy who barely made it past average life expectancy. now i wanna point out that Vitiate could instantly invade ur mind and break ur will and turn you to his slave... he turned revan and malak two of the most powerful and noble jedi into sith lords who alone almost conquered the entire galaxy... these 2 were no match for the sith emperor. and palplatine took over the galaxy with scheming, not power... his troops and vader murdered all the jedi, not him... but i'll give it to him though he is a smooth criminal but the jedi never feared palplatine as they feared Vitiate. the jedi were worried about the sith emperor devouring the life of the entire galaxy all at one time and, trinket or not, it was well within his power... this is something sidious was never capable of. galaxy genocide could only be done by Vitiate and no other... oh sidious can destroy a fleet... maybe a planet? well Vitiate can destroy an entire galaxy and that makes sidious little force storms look like childs play. and yet again, i dont care how he does it... the fact is he could do it. and my fav is those of u who say sidious beat yoda... did you see the same fight i did? cuz to me it looked like yoda won that... sidious gave him his full power and yoda blocked then overpowered sidious in that force power duel and repelled sidious' power. the shockwave sent them both flying backwards... yoda only fell further cuz he is way smaller than sidious so he got thown farther ending the battle. yoda had already fallen and then bailed before sidious had recovered. so the actual battle was a draw... but power vs power yoda overpowered sidious and repelled his lightning... so all in all im sorry for going off like a crazy person but im just so sick and tired of every debate i get into having someone argue with me and their only argument is canon but can give me no other evidence to back up their claim. i dont care about canon, george lucas doesnt know ****... star wars is sooooooo much bigger than george lucas.... he may have made it up but he has written 6 out of over 150 books. if u think someone can beat someone then tell why u think so, just dont tell me cuz dad said so. thats like the guy who invented airplanes saying his plane is fastest plane ever because he made planes up... cuz im pretty sure a jet is waaaaay faster then an old propeller plane... and then its like me saying that a jet is faster then the original plane and u saying "nope... canon says ur wrong" cuz really?... im pretty sure im *********** not

"Feeling lucky... punk?"

You fool. I have unlimited power!"

Stares at Palpatine...

"Take me to jail please."

BANG!!!!

"Not lucky enough... punk."

On that account i still think Mace windu beat Palpatine.

full on unleashed Vapaad :p

Kyle chill out man, i understand you completely, and i think this debates of the strongest are quite subjective. All of people do here is all conjectures based on what people know, but we constantly forget that canon is also subjective and prone to changing, the canon exists, to protect a coherent back story of all of sw characters, its goal isnt to set who is the strongest or who has the bigger .... its mainly to enable future material to be created at the light what were created before.

True is no one knows who would win in fight. Who would have thought that in the end was han solo to shot down Palpatine.... its subjective we can even say that in theory sidious is more powerfull but it can have a bad day it can be taken by suprise, or an anbush, it can happen that at the time of the duel he be indisposed. Anything can happen realy.

For me the most powerfull being in sw universe is R2d2 for obvious reason. I mean think about it. r2d2 Its the ultimate hero, at saving peoples sorry asses without him there wouldnt be anything.

Edited by Spartanik

On that account i still think Mace windu beat Palpatine.

full on unleashed Vapaad :p

Kyle chill out man, i understand you completely, and i think this debates of the strongest are quite subjective. All of people do here is all conjectures based on what people know, but we constantly forget that canon is also subjective and prone to changing, the canon exists, to protect a coherent back story of all of sw characters, its goal isnt to set who is the strongest or who has the bigger .... its mainly to enable future material to be created at the light what were created before.

True is no one knows who would win in fight. Who would have thought that in the end was han solo to shot down Palpatine.... its subjective we can even say that in theory sidious is more powerfull but it can have a bad day it can be taken by suprise, or an anbush, it can happen that at the time of the duel he be indisposed. Anything can happen realy.

For me the most powerfull being in sw universe is R2d2 for obvious reason. I mean think about it. r2d2 Its the ultimate hero, at saving peoples sorry asses without him there wouldnt be anything.

1. i agree, mace windu beat sidious in that duel... but i dont think he'd win in force powers...there is no doubting Windu was an absolute monster with a lightsaber

2. lol, yeah i know my rant may have been a bit much. but it is just soooo maddening that everywhere i go that people refuse to put canon aside so we can actually debate on who'd really take a fight... any character george lucas has created has an unfair advantage against any eu character. i mean iv read fights where luke gets smacked around like a child but then im told that luke is really stronger than the guy who just handed him his ***... thats absolutely stupid... thats like watching one boxer pummel another for 10 rounds and then being told that the guy who just got beat up is the winner. really? cuz im pretty sure my eyes told me something different... lucas can say what he wants but iv been shown otherwise... jacen solo beat luke and 3 other jedi masters at the same time but luke is still stronger? uhhh no, i dont effing think so... the fun about debating whod win an a fight is comparing their abilities and talking about how they would counter them. so its really annoying to have someone come in completely uneducated and spew forth "canon says" filth when they have no idea what theyre talking about... here is one reason i was ready to flip out yesterday... something someone said to me on youtube when i proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that one specific character couldnt be stronger than the other... "G-canon still says you're wrong. a pity there's nothing you can do about it. :D gonna cry now?" do u understand how much i want to stab someone when i see this? i mean i presented an argument, gave facts from the vast amount of knowledge i have on the situation that without canon would have completely, without a shadow of a doubt, proved me right... and still this kid gets to be right when he's completely uneducated on the subject, has no clue what he's talking about, and cant give me a single example of how his guy is stronger than another all because george lucas is an immature douch bag that has to make his characters the best even when they've been proven not to be... now i dont mind being proven wrong... as long as u can explain to me why im wrong... but just saying canon makes me want to snap.... lol looks like it ended up as another rant hahahaha

3... i completely agree... R2 is a G... i mean R2 really does save everyone all the time

i am so sick of hearing "canon says" as an argument over who'd win in a battle between people. yes, i understand that technically what canon says is true but thats only because gerorge lucas refuses to let anybody be more powerful than his characters even though i have seen/read his characters getting their asses handed to them. Canon was created to protect the characters he created, and how the hell would lucas know whos the strongest ever? he claims to never have read the books so how the hell would he know how powerful ANYONE was. He just says palpatine/luke with absolutely nothing to back it up and like sheep everyone just follows... someone could write an OFFICIAL star wars book about a sith lord who was so powerful that he blinked his eyes and the entire galaxy blew up and when lucas was questioned he'd still say palpatine was the strongest even though there was no possible effing way he could be, and all u little lucas fan boys would run around saying canon says in every debate u were in. I dont wanna hear it, really i dont. fact of the matter is the sith emperor, like palp, devoured a planet... except unlike palp the Vitiate didnt leave anything behind, he didnt even leave the force behind... he devoured EVERYTHING... there wasnt even any wind left and light was even distorted. idc about the fact he uses "trinkets" either... its the ends that matter not the means... fact is he can touch his presence to someone and they just drop screaming, so i dont care about all the flashy powers paplatines got... he wouldnt have a chance to use them... Vitiate would look at him and within a second palpatine would just fall over... and i deff dont wanna hear that palps force lightning is the most powerful ever blah blah blah etc... if it was that powerful it would have killed windu... uh oh *BIG SPOILER*... mace windu didnt effing die, he survived. and if u dont believe me then go ahead and look it up. as a matter of fact there talk of him being in episode VII... but to be fair im not trying to take away from palpatine either, being able to rip through the fabric of space and create worm holes is amazing and his abilities with a lightsaber are also top knotch. but those factors are irrelevant against someone who can just look at u then its fight over. (its like trying to fight itachi on naruto... alot of people have super powerful and flashy powers that make them seem like gods and every single time one of them face itachi he just looks at them and he wins the fight.) also i hear "well palpatine fought 4 jedi masters" and blah blah... i dont wanna hear it, the sith emperor gathered the 9 strongest sith lords in the galaxy and beat them all at the same time just by looking at them. and then lets talk immortality... anyone who claims palpatine is more of an immortal than the sith emperor is just plain retarded... lets see... 1 of these 2 men lived for over 1,300 years and another lived say 80 years (100 tops)... so i think its fair to say the Vitiate was far more immortal than sidious ever was and if sidious was soooo much more immortal than where the hell is he now? thats right he's dead... so im gonna give the immortality card to the guy that managed to live over 16 average human life spans, not the guy who barely made it past average life expectancy. now i wanna point out that Vitiate could instantly invade ur mind and break ur will and turn you to his slave... he turned revan and malak two of the most powerful and noble jedi into sith lords who alone almost conquered the entire galaxy... these 2 were no match for the sith emperor. and palplatine took over the galaxy with scheming, not power... his troops and vader murdered all the jedi, not him... but i'll give it to him though he is a smooth criminal but the jedi never feared palplatine as they feared Vitiate. the jedi were worried about the sith emperor devouring the life of the entire galaxy all at one time and, trinket or not, it was well within his power... this is something sidious was never capable of. galaxy genocide could only be done by Vitiate and no other... oh sidious can destroy a fleet... maybe a planet? well Vitiate can destroy an entire galaxy and that makes sidious little force storms look like childs play. and yet again, i dont care how he does it... the fact is he could do it. and my fav is those of u who say sidious beat yoda... did you see the same fight i did? cuz to me it looked like yoda won that... sidious gave him his full power and yoda blocked then overpowered sidious in that force power duel and repelled sidious' power. the shockwave sent them both flying backwards... yoda only fell further cuz he is way smaller than sidious so he got thown farther ending the battle. yoda had already fallen and then bailed before sidious had recovered. so the actual battle was a draw... but power vs power yoda overpowered sidious and repelled his lightning... so all in all im sorry for going off like a crazy person but im just so sick and tired of every debate i get into having someone argue with me and their only argument is canon but can give me no other evidence to back up their claim. i dont care about canon, george lucas doesnt know ****... star wars is sooooooo much bigger than george lucas.... he may have made it up but he has written 6 out of over 150 books. if u think someone can beat someone then tell why u think so, just dont tell me cuz dad said so. thats like the guy who invented airplanes saying his plane is fastest plane ever because he made planes up... cuz im pretty sure a jet is waaaaay faster then an old propeller plane... and then its like me saying that a jet is faster then the original plane and u saying "nope... canon says ur wrong" cuz really?... im pretty sure im *********** not

Yeah well, canon says you're wrong.

Yeah well, canon says you're wrong.

well guess what ******, canon also says everyone here is wrong... if everything that comes out of lucas' mouth is canon then nobody here can use what palpatine did as a clone in this argument... in a 2008 interview lucas states that everything after return of the jedi never happened... his exact words are "vader does not come back, the emperor does not get cloned, and luke doesnt get married". so yet again we find ourselves on the brink of having everything we know about what happened destroyed because lucas opened his mouth... thats why he is a retard and im done with canon... please go and look at his interviews over the years and see how much he contradicts himself... starting from the 80's he talks about how he already has the scripts for VII-IX written and then he has plans for 3 more after because he needs 12 movies to tell the full story. then a few years later he says its a 9 part series... a beginning a middle and an end and thats how its always been even though a few years prior he said something completely different... fast forward a few more years and he says its only 6 movies and thats all its ever been... its the story of vader and thats it... ROTJ is the end of it and its always been that way... he says he's never written anything for after that but if we look back to the 80's he claims he already had the scripts done... he's a complete retard who cant keep track of what he says and just for the record he doesnt even own it anymore so **** what he says anyway... and im not some drone who's stupid enough to blindly believe what someone says as fact when its been been proven otherwise... to me what happened in the novels after ROTJ is what happened and always will be and nothing some old senile retard says will change that... canon or not... so **** canon and **** you too

well guess what ******, canon also says everyone here is wrong... if everything that comes out of lucas' mouth is canon then nobody here can use what palpatine did as a clone in this argument... in a 2008 interview lucas states that everything after return of the jedi never happened... his exact words are "vader does not come back, the emperor does not get cloned, and luke doesnt get married". so yet again we find ourselves on the brink of having everything we know about what happened destroyed because lucas opened his mouth... thats why he is a retard and im done with canon... please go and look at his interviews over the years and see how much he contradicts himself... starting from the 80's he talks about how he already has the scripts for VII-IX written and then he has plans for 3 more after because he needs 12 movies to tell the full story. then a few years later he says its a 9 part series... a beginning a middle and an end and thats how its always been even though a few years prior he said something completely different... fast forward a few more years and he says its only 6 movies and thats all its ever been... its the story of vader and thats it... ROTJ is the end of it and its always been that way... he says he's never written anything for after that but if we look back to the 80's he claims he already had the scripts done... he's a complete retard who cant keep track of what he says and just for the record he doesnt even own it anymore so **** what he says anyway... and im not some drone who's stupid enough to blindly believe what someone says as fact when its been been proven otherwise... to me what happened in the novels after ROTJ is what happened and always will be and nothing some old senile retard says will change that... canon or not... so **** canon and **** you too

K but Sidious still beats Vitiate. Even if you take away Lucas's quotes, the EU still has established Sidious as the most powerful sith lord ever.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

K but Sidious still beats Vitiate. Even if you take away Lucas's quotes, the EU still has established Sidious as the most powerful sith lord ever.

thank you for having a brain, im not kidding... i like discussing who might beat who because its fun to compare their powers and abilities and discuss ways their opponents might counter them... but there is always someone who can only say "canon says" and its infuriating. theres soooo much more to it then that... its so much more in depth and because i have a functioning brain i can stand back and see the big picture... idc who lucas says is more powerful... the pheonix was waaaaaay more powerful than wolverine but that didnt stop wolverine from beating her (i know this was only in the movie)... the gap in their power was massive, laughingly so but wolverine walked away snd she didnt... luke went before the emperor and vader, who both at the time were superior in power, and walked away the victor. canon says palpatine was the strongest ever right?... but if vader killed him then its not a long shot to say vitiate might as well... vader killing palpatine defied canon because reality isnt so black and white, theres always extenuating circumstances behind everything. you could be the most powerful being in history but someone could still be the "scissors" to your "paper"... its maddening how everyone mindlessly refuse to think for themselves like drones... they will only believe what theyre told... my saying vitiate would win is my opinion after analyzing the nature of his powers... i ackowledge that sidious is the stronger of the 2 overall without a doubt... sidious is unmatched with a lightsaber and thats where he really beats vitiate... but vitiate and sidious' force powers are in the same league. its the sith emperors ability to drop people by looking at them that impresses me... when he devoured nathema its like the entities of all those spirits are within him... anyway how i feel is my opinion from my own personal perspective on the two... but the fact people say canon cant make it happen are retarded... canon also says vader couldnt kill him... but guess who killed sidious? that'd be vader

That is conjecture. Not a fact. there is no way of knowing what sidious would do once vitiate had an old on his mind. so far few people were able to resist it and sidious wasnt one of them.

You can theorized that he will be able to resist, but you dont know how long it would take to overcome, besides conjecture anyway.

Edited by Spartanik

Kyle, here are some quotes for you to chew on.

“Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.”(The New Essential Chronology, page 84 )

Here we go. Word of God Canon stating Sidious is the most powerful Sith.

The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course [that the Rebel Alliance would be troublesome]; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith who had ever existed.” (Death Star, page 76)

More word of Canon. Funny thing is this takes place prior to ROTJ. Oh look. A Canon source prior to ROTJ calling him the most powerful Sith in history.

“Vader imagined the power that could be his if he crushed Palpatine and established his own rule over the Empire. But first, he would need his own apprentice. By himself, he could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy had ever known.” (Vader: the Ultimate Guide, page 19)

Yet another.

"Palpatine has spent decades studying the most arcane and esoteric Jedi disciplines. It is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure"-- The Dark Empire Sourcebook.

Ah, what's that? The ancient Sith knew powers he didn't? Funny. It says in this he studied jedi disciplines and mastered all known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones on a whim.

“[The Galactic Emperor] had succeeded where all others failed in taming the Dark Side. He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies.”-- The Dark Side Sourcebook.

Yet another.

”Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time.”-- The Complete Visual Dictionary.

Credit to Rhyltran. I'll find more if you need it. Every source says that Sidious is the best. From G-canon to C-canon. Time to face facts.

*** note, did not read this entire thread, so if there are repeats... ***

going by what Darth Bane set down in his "rule of 2", the apprentice was to tear the mantle away from the master ensuring the strongest would survive. Sidiious (and Plageious before him) DID NOT DO THAT! Bane would mop the floor with Sidious.

going by what Darth Bane set down in his "rule of 2", the apprentice was to tear the mantle away from the master ensuring the strongest would survive. Sidiious (and Plageious before him) DID NOT DO THAT! Bane would mop the floor with Sidious.

Err...no Sidious did do that.

Except Sidious did kill his master. He used the tools of the Dark Side: deception and cunning. Not only that, but he also defeated the most powerful Jedi Pre-Luke. He also created Force Storms that could wipe out entire fleets and create wormholes.

And to top it all off: He. Defeated. Luke Skywalker. The epitome of the Sith is Darth Sidious.

Edit: He was a master with the lightsaber. It is believed that he knows every Force power in existence. His Force Lightning could bend lightsabers, ravage planets, and instantly kill Dark Jedi.

Edited by Aurbere

Credit to Rhyltran. I'll find more if you need it. Every source says that Sidious is the best. From G-canon to C-canon. Time to face facts.

Yet again u seem to be too stupid to understand... i never denied sidious is the strongest... im quite aware of that and furthermore im know it says it everywhere... canon can only be used to speculate who might win... its not set in stone... canon says the death star was the most powerful "ship" ever built... but that didnt stop a single x wing from destroying it... Canon says sidious is the most powerful sith lord who ever lived... but that didnt stop vadet from killing him... just a few examples for u to "chew on". So lets repeat... destruction of death star and death of palp both defy canon cuz like i said before reality isnt always black and white... theres always shades of grey... and in those shades i think vitiate has the right nature of powers to defeat sidious... and as i said before thats just my opinion... im not a mindless drone... i can think for myself unlike most of u who just follow like sheep...

oh and furthermore u just wasted ur time looking up and quoting all this to prove something i already know and never denied... i actually state multiple times above that i acknowledge sidious is the strongest thats ever lived... so uv wasted ur time arguing in an argument thats not even taking place... im saying anything can happen... like how an xwing can destroy a death star even though the gap in their power is so incredibly huge that its not even funny... so if this is possible then why wouldnt it be possible for someone who's close to the same power as sidious be able to defeat him? vader was waaaaaaaaaay weaker than sidious but he seemed to have pulled it off... think outside the box and expand ur perspective to see the whole picture before u attempt to insult me when my mind seems to function higher than that of a mindless drone...

Kyle, I'm not even going to bother arguing with you for a few reasons.

1. You seem incapable of participating in a decent conversation- ranting over the canon system and cursing and insulting others (I've laughed at worse insults).

2. You use evidence that can be completely destroyed by those who know the facts (put that higher functioning mind to work)

For the record, I'm no "mindless drone." I don't like the canon system very much, but I don't disregard it in favor of speculation. Sidious is the most powerful Sith. G-canon proves it, C-canon proves it. Matching up Sidious or luke against anyone is pointless as they beat anyone.

1. You seem incapable of participating in a decent conversation- ranting over the canon system and cursing and insulting others (I've laughed at worse insults).

2. You use evidence that can be completely destroyed by those who know the facts (put that higher functioning mind to work)

For the record, I'm no "mindless drone." I don't like the canon system very much, but I don't disregard it in favor of speculation. Sidious is the most powerful Sith. G-canon proves it, C-canon proves it. Matching up Sidious or luke against anyone is pointless as they beat anyone.

You left out the most important reason not to argue with him... giant walls of text with no paragraph breaks and hideous punctuation. His posts make my eyes hurt.

You left out the most important reason not to argue with him... giant walls of text with no paragraph breaks and hideous punctuation. His posts make my eyes hurt.

Right yeah. I wanted to point that out so many times. Made countering points very difficult.

hahahaha, my evidence can be destroyed? thats laughable seeing as none of u have even attempted to destroy this argument... all anyone can say is canon... and matching up anyone with sidious is pointless cuz he beats anyone? well if my memory serves me correctly im fairly certain vader beat palpatine... doesnt matter how he did it ... the fact is that he did... so as i said there more to it then just who's more powerful... theres so many other variables to consider... sidious was also more powerful than windu but windu seemed to have beat sidious in their duel... and b4 u say sidious was holding back i feel its my duty to inform u that lucas himself states that sidious did not hold back in their fight and that mace had won the duel fairly... and if lucas says it it becomes g-canon... and by ur logic canon is absolute... so windu beating palp also defies canon... stop telling me its not possible when history shows it happening multiple times...

Right yeah. I wanted to point that out so many times. Made countering points very difficult.

what are u my english teacher? this is the internet, nobody uses correct punctuations... im not writing a piece of literature here... dont blaim me if ur brain is unable to keep up and needs a a paragraph break to catch its breath... i type like im talking... i u dont like it... dont use the internet... are u gonna ***** that i write u instead of you?