Sith Emperor vs Darth Sidious

Lord_Butcher

I believe the most powerful one is the Sith Emperor. The most cunning one would be Darth Sidious. Darth Sidious was not powerful, but he was very smart. The sith have always tried to bludgeon their way through the Republic and Jedi and it has never worked. Darth Sidious actually took the cunning and thoughtful way around and he won.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darth Sidious is the most powerful Sith to ever exist, period, end of story. This is not something that can be debated or questioned. It is a cold hard fact.

Oh really? Where are the facts then. Give me links and source material that says he is the most powerful Sith to ever exist.

Where are the facts then.

Well first there's this thread, and it's been stated many many times in this thread, if you had bothered to read any of it, you'd of read that already.

Then there's the fact that George Lucas has said so, and I can't provide a link because it was a video not a web page.

Then there's everything that Sid has done, with no need for trinkets and toys to help him do it, something the current Sith Emp needs.

If you want a list of everything he's done you can check out http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Palpatine

Well first there's this thread, and it's been stated many many times in this thread

And that is the point that I stopped reading because anything after that would have to equate to same amount of garbage you just typed out within those 15 words.

Edited by PainOfDemise

And that is the point that I stopped reading..

So instead you come here and spew your opinion about something you don't have a clue about, and don't bother to read the rest of the discussion about that topic...

I see, and so you're just posting here to make your factually proven to be incorrect statement why?

I suppose you're also going to ignore the other things I said, because they clearly prove your whole point wrong.

Edited by VanorDM

The first thing you said makes anything you say not credible. It were to be like if I said the Earth not round but a triangle and made a thread about it. I could just say, well it is because "well there's this thread I made" so it must be true.

The first thing you said makes anything you say not credible.

Pointing out the current discussion on a topic makes what I say not credible? Even though I'm providing other sources that you can look up yourself?

You aren't actually interested in a discussion are you? Because you clearly are ignoring all the facts presented by myself and others, because you don't want to hear them.

Edited by VanorDM

Oh really? Where are the facts then. Give me links and source material that says he is the most powerful Sith to ever exist.

Which out of over thirty sources/statements would you like me to bring up? Lucas himself from the ESB commentary? every author who was ever asked the question? or the thirteen different statements in the lore itself? he's most powerful of all time, don't try and debate against facts, you just look foolish at best.

I believe the most powerful one is the Sith Emperor. The most cunning one would be Darth Sidious. Darth Sidious was not powerful, but he was very smart. The sith have always tried to bludgeon their way through the Republic and Jedi and it has never worked. Darth Sidious actually took the cunning and thoughtful way around and he won.

Sidious unbalanced the force just by existing, he could devour the life forces of the entire planet Byss, without the help of 200 Sith Lords, he never used a ritual, he could conjure a Force Storm that destroyed fleets of ships, he could move faster than the eye could see, he mastered all seven forms of lightsaber combat and could use them Ambidextrously, the Ancient Sith Lords themselves bowed to his immense power, he was so powerful it killed his old body and he had to keep using Essence Transfer to switch to new clone bodies, he used Battle Meditation on the entire Galactic Empire, he could mindwipe the entire planet of Coruscant.

Want me to carry on?

, he was so powerful it killed his old body and he had to keep using Essence Transfer to switch to new clone bodies,

Want me to carry on?

I thought getting thrown down a reactor shaft destroyed his body?

Not his original one, the one he had inhabited afterwards.

No, that was his original body. George Lucas said that it was. Yeah, I know.... it's stupid how many times he changes his mind on somethings haha.

Sidious was a pretty cool character, I just wish people wouldn't fanboy all over him. Fanboys apparantly destroyed Revan, and they are destroying him too. And all this canon **** drives me crazy, how people sometimes won't even argue and just say "canon this, canon that." How about some people actually take into consideration that you have a brain of your own? Or does Lucas control all starwars fanboys brains anymore? I respect you though, Rayla. You seem to actually back up your own word, and provide an arguement that doesn't just consist of "blah blah blah canon, blah blah blah I don't have the ability to think for myself, blah blah blah." :)

No, that was his original body. George Lucas said that it was. Yeah, I know.... it's stupid how many times he changes his mind on somethings haha.

Sidious was a pretty cool character, I just wish people wouldn't fanboy all over him. Fanboys apparantly destroyed Revan, and they are destroying him too. And all this canon **** drives me crazy, how people sometimes won't even argue and just say "canon this, canon that." How about some people actually take into consideration that you have a brain of your own? Or does Lucas control all starwars fanboys brains anymore? I respect you though, Rayla. You seem to actually back up your own word, and provide an arguement that doesn't just consist of "blah blah blah canon, blah blah blah I don't have the ability to think for myself, blah blah blah." :)

No I mean I was referring to the body he had used after his first death.

Well I don't think with a character like Sidious you can fanboy over him, because everything you could ever make him out to be he has already been made into in the canon, although now we have much more information about the Rule of Two, it does make sense that a thousand years of training, learning and enhancing would make the most powerful Sith.

Well when it comes to certain arguments, most of the time we kind of have to go off of the canon, because it's the only way we can ever really 'win' a debate, I try to avoid just plucking statements from Lucas or somebody to win arguments and use what we see in the lore, makes for a better debate.

And thank you, I will admit that I can have heated debates especially where certain characters are concerned, but I always make sure what I state is actually backed up in the lore and not hyperbole/assumptions.

No I mean I was referring to the body he had used after his first death.

Well I don't think with a character like Sidious you can fanboy over him, because everything you could ever make him out to be he has already been made into in the canon, although now we have much more information about the Rule of Two, it does make sense that a thousand years of training, learning and enhancing would make the most powerful Sith.

Well when it comes to certain arguments, most of the time we kind of have to go off of the canon, because it's the only way we can ever really 'win' a debate, I try to avoid just plucking statements from Lucas or somebody to win arguments and use what we see in the lore, makes for a better debate.

And thank you, I will admit that I can have heated debates especially where certain characters are concerned, but I always make sure what I state is actually backed up in the lore and not hyperbole/assumptions.

Exactly. Back up your statements with facts. Me ,personally, I don't like the fact that Palps cloned himself. Kind of ruined the final fight in ROTJ. It's like "We killed the Emperor! YAY!" Palps comes back. "Awww man! didn't we just kill this guy?" Know what I mean?

Exactly. Back up your statements with facts. Me ,personally, I don't like the fact that Palps cloned himself. Kind of ruined the final fight in ROTJ. It's like "We killed the Emperor! YAY!" Palps comes back. "Awww man! didn't we just kill this guy?" Know what I mean?

Its ok we all have things we don't like. For instance, I don't like how after ROTJ Luke states that Vader could have easily killed him. For me when I look at it, it pretty much destroyed any training Luke had done up to that point and made it worthless like he shouldn't have even done anything. Theres another thing I don't like(you probably know) so I won't mention it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Its ok we all have things we don't like. For instance, I don't like how after ROTJ Luke states that Vader could have easily killed him. For me when I look at it, it pretty much destroyed any training Luke had done up to that point and made it worthless like he shouldn't have even done anything. Theres another thing I don't like(you probably know) so I won't mention it.

Not really. That's the thing. In the end Luke did what no other Jedi could. Yoda and Ben both thought it was impossible to return Vader to the Light. Luke did just that. Luke, in the end, defeated the Emperor and he did so without going to his level. He refused to fight. He didn't give in to anger. He didn't seek revenge. He tossed away his saber and refused to play his game.

Sidious defeated himself.

Edited by Rhyltran

Not really. That's the thing. In the end Luke did what no other Jedi could. LIKE A BOSS Yoda and Ben both thought it was impossible to return Vader to the Light. Luke did just that. LIKE A BOSS Luke, in the end, defeated the Emperor and he did so without going to his level. LIKE A BOSS He refused to fight. LIKE A BOSS He didn't give in to anger. LIKE A BOSS He didn't seek revenge. LIKE A BOSS He tossed away his saber and refused to play his game. LIKE A BOSS

Sidious defeated himself. LIKE A BOSS

Like at bosss.

Not really. That's the thing. In the end Luke did what no other Jedi could. Yoda and Ben both thought it was impossible to return Vader to the Light. Luke did just that. Luke, in the end, defeated the Emperor and he did so without going to his level. He refused to fight. He didn't give in to anger. He didn't seek revenge. He tossed away his saber and refused to play his game.

Sidious defeated himself.

Edit: Eh nvrm, I guess I can see how Vader would have been able to. Still irks me though.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Tis True. All that training would be nothing if Vader could have easily beaten him. This was just another way for the writers to make Vader even more awesome than he already is.

No I don't know what the other thing your talking about is. there is a lot that irks me in EU. I won't ask you to clarify, but I think I know(Cin Drallig)