Sith Emperor vs Darth Sidious

Lord_Butcher

The Sith Emperor was a frighteningly powerful and proficient practitioner of the dark side of the Force. Even at a young age, he proved to have immense potential in the use of the Force. When he was just a child of six, he was able to use the Force to kill his father by telekinetically breaking his neck, and torture his mother to death over a prolonged period. Also, when he was only ten years old, he was able to strip the Sith Lord Dramath of his power and mind. The Emperor possessed a great knowledge of Sith Magic. His usage of Sith Sorcery was overwhelmingly destructive, evidenced when he used his power to drain the life and Force from his home planet, granting him immortality. Another one of the Emperor's talents was being able to dominate the minds of other beings. His mind control powers were enough to completely overpower the wills of both Revan and Malak. The Emperor's power in Sith Magic also allowed him access to the Illusion spell, such as when he created duplicates of himself against a lone Jedi sent to kill him. Even if the Emperor's body is destroyed, he can use his essence to possess a new one. Through this he is also capable in possessing one of his children, as they are fueled with the Emperor's essence.

The Emperor was also skilled in the use of telekinesis, able to unleash overpowering waves of Force energy without the use of a hand gesture like most Force-users. The strength of his telekinesis was enough to send Revan flying across his throne room and effortlessly disintegrate T3-M4.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sith Emperor was a frighteningly powerful and proficient practitioner of the dark side of the Force. Even at a young age, he proved to have immense potential in the use of the Force. When he was just a child of six, he was able to use the Force to kill his father by telekinetically breaking his neck, and torture his mother to death over a prolonged period. Also, when he was only ten years old, he was able to strip the Sith Lord Dramath of his power and mind. The Emperor possessed a great knowledge of Sith Magic. His usage of Sith Sorcery was overwhelmingly destructive, evidenced when he used his power to drain the life and Force from his home planet, granting him immortality. Another one of the Emperor's talents was being able to dominate the minds of other beings. His mind control powers were enough to completely overpower the wills of both Revan and Malak. The Emperor's power in Sith Magic also allowed him access to the Illusion spell, such as when he created duplicates of himself against a lone Jedi sent to kill him. Even if the Emperor's body is destroyed, he can use his essence to possess a new one. Through this he is also capable in possessing one of his children, as they are fueled with the Emperor's essence.

The Emperor was also skilled in the use of telekinesis, able to unleash overpowering waves of Force energy without the use of a hand gesture like most Force-users. The strength of his telekinesis was enough to send Revan flying across his throne room and effortlessly disintegrate T3-M4.

K but Sidious still kills Vitiate.

It took half dead man, with chopped hand, who barely stood, to kill Palpatine.

It took almost full Republic fleet, Wrath of Emperor, and most powerful Jedi alongside his companions to just slay Emperor's body, and still he survived. He also managed to turn to Darkside two most powerful Jedis, and made them conquer the galaxy.

Besides, Palpy never even thought on Vitiate's scale. Gain immortality, by slaying whole galaxy? Death Star looks like toy compared to that.

It took half dead man, with chopped hand, who barely stood, to kill Palpatine.

It took almost full Republic fleet, Wrath of Emperor, and most powerful Jedi alongside his companions to just slay Emperor's body, and still he survived. He also managed to turn to Darkside two most powerful Jedis, and made them conquer the galaxy.

Besides, Palpy never even thought on Vitiate's scale. Gain immortality, by slaying whole galaxy? Death Star looks like toy compared to that.

AH incorrrect.

It took killing him multiple times Luke, Leia, Han and then Brand jumping in the way of his spirit forcing him to become one with the force, when Sidious was aiming for Anakin Solo.

Also no it didn't, you are totally taking things out of proportion, it took the Hero of Tython and T7-01 to defeat him.

Yes he did, seriously learn the facts before you make statements like these.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

if sidious and the emperor came face to this is how it would go down

Chinese guy is the emperor, the guy in the beanie is vader and the guy in the blue flat cap is sidious

sorry about the quality best i could find

Edited by liammozz

okay using what Deviss said as a reference thanks Dev, and whats in "Darth Plagus" , and "Revan"

has any one thought since the Emperor, tor, endure after death looking for a new host not able to die. and from what we know of Palp and his ability of reincarnation aka essence transfer after death. has anyone thought to ask the question

Could Palp simply be a Reincarnation of the Emperor? the concept fits, not sure if it works entirely. if he;d posses all his memories after all that time. Ajunta Paul barely remembered anything when you encounter him in kotor on as a force ghost. ??????

I know that Lucas said that Sidious is the most powerful sith lord ever bla bla bla...

BUT

You have to realize that the Star Wars universe is constantly expanding - some stuff will get retconned to lesser or greater extent. It is inevitable.

Just read Revan novel and play JK storyline and ask yourself who is superior - Vitiate or Sidious.

Here is some nice quote from codex entry related to the Emperor:

Basically the Emperor wants to exterminate every living being in the galaxy by performing a ritual that will begin on Belsavis. He will consume entire life present on Belsavis and after that, nothing will stop him. Of course JK stops him. If Vitiate's plans would succeed and if he would have managed to consume trillions, he would become as it says in the codex: godlike.

After you find out more about the Emperor you realize what kind of creature of pure evil he is. The way he speaks, everything about him is just terrifying and causes chills to go down your spine. I mean, he killed a sith lord when he was like what, twelve years old? When he was an infant, his eyes were filled with terrible blackness and void (Wth?! How sick and creepy is that?).

He is unlike any being that was ever born, when Lord Scourge who was a Sith Lord took a not even second long glimpse at the Emperor, he cried out like a child.

Some of his abilities on top of my head:

- Being able to perform most complex sith rituals ever attempted (consuming life of the entire planet - billions of live beings destroyed in matters of seconds).

- Being immortal? "His life spans millenia". Also from what I understand, it is almost impossible to completely kill the Emperor. His essence will always live on, attempting to find another host it can possess. For sure the Emperor got some weakness that can be exploited in order to defeat him, as everyone, but noone knows what it is yet.

- Being able to mind control pretty much anyone (though it is possible to resist the Emperor, Revan being the proof of that.

I am pretty sure that it is BioWare's intention to make us feel that Vitiate is in fact the most powerful, evil and dangerous sith/living being to ever exist (including the movies and all post EP6 expanded universe).

Palpatine surpasses any Sith by so much its ridiculous.

He made a Force Storm that consumed planets and ripped the vacuum of space.

That alone should convince everyone that No One except Luke and Abeloth can come close to Sidious.

And he has got a ton of other more astonishing abilites. Like Force Lightning that rips surfaces of planets or the fact that he was immortal and could put his spirit into empty bodies after he died.

Palpatine surpasses any Sith by so much its ridiculous.

He made a Force Storm that consumed planets and ripped the vacuum of space.

That alone should convince everyone that No One except Luke and Abeloth can come close to Sidious.

And he has got a ton of other more astonishing abilites. Like Force Lightning that rips surfaces of planets or the fact that he was immortal and could put his spirit into empty bodies after he died.

Don't leave out the fact that when he visited Korriban the spirits of the Ancient Sith Lords bowed down and acknowledged him as superior.

okay using what Deviss said as a reference thanks Dev, and whats in "Darth Plagus" , and "Revan"

has any one thought since the Emperor, tor, endure after death looking for a new host not able to die. and from what we know of Palp and his ability of reincarnation aka essence transfer after death. has anyone thought to ask the question

Could Palp simply be a Reincarnation of the Emperor? the concept fits, not sure if it works entirely. if he;d posses all his memories after all that time. Ajunta Paul barely remembered anything when you encounter him in kotor on as a force ghost. ??????

No hes not a reincarnation of Palpatine, he has his own backstory is own childhood. Nothing connects the two of them together.

ok keep in mind I like sidious, dont really know much about the sith emperor (sry haven't played KOTOR yet) and the only thing I read past RotJ was the 3 part boba fett books that got retconned. I just want to point out a few observations and maybe ask a question or two. So far from what I've read palp is pretty godly and people are throwing quotes from various books. Did lucas actually write those books? if not then what interview did he state that palp was the most powerful sith in history? (i'd like a link to this info pls.) Now if lucas is stating that the EU is not really part of his vision then lucas saying palp is the powerful in history has just been limited to palp, maul, dooku, and vader. so of those I just mentionsed he would be the most powerful. The point that bothers me, is that if palp is the most powerful how did he get beat by mace? mace isn't even the number one ranked jedi. pretty much it shows that the sith are the weaker of the two force factions (God I hate saying that.) maybe palp wasn't as powerful as the emperor but was smarter or more cunning and maybe luckier in that things just fell the right way for him.

o The point that bothers me, is that if palp is the most powerful how did he get beat by mace? mace isn't even the number one ranked jedi. pretty much it shows that the sith are the weaker of the two force factions (God I hate saying that.) maybe palp wasn't as powerful as the emperor but was smarter or more cunning and maybe luckier in that things just fell the right way for him.

palp let mace look like he had the upper hand to make ani defend him so he could save padme look what happend whe ani choped maces hand

Palp screams UNLIMITED POWER!!!!! and rolfostomps mace across couosaunt with a flick of his wrist

ok keep in mind I like sidious, dont really know much about the sith emperor (sry haven't played KOTOR yet) and the only thing I read past RotJ was the 3 part boba fett books that got retconned. I just want to point out a few observations and maybe ask a question or two. So far from what I've read palp is pretty godly and people are throwing quotes from various books. Did lucas actually write those books? if not then what interview did he state that palp was the most powerful sith in history? (i'd like a link to this info pls.) Now if lucas is stating that the EU is not really part of his vision then lucas saying palp is the powerful in history has just been limited to palp, maul, dooku, and vader. so of those I just mentionsed he would be the most powerful. The point that bothers me, is that if palp is the most powerful how did he get beat by mace? mace isn't even the number one ranked jedi. pretty much it shows that the sith are the weaker of the two force factions (God I hate saying that.) maybe palp wasn't as powerful as the emperor but was smarter or more cunning and maybe luckier in that things just fell the right way for him.

Mace Windu is basically the most accomplished Lightsaber combatant in the history of the galaxy, pre New Jedi Order. The way Vaapad (Mace's style) works is that he creates an emotional loop, feeding off of his opponents (in this case Palpatine's) darker emotions and uses that to strengthen himself and weaken his foe. He beat Palpatine hands down in the Lightsaber fight, had Palpatine employed the Force in a more offensive manner (which he didn't want to do, so that he could turn Anakin) he would have won. Easily. In the RotS novelization (which no, Lucas didn't write but because it is describing the events of the movie it is G-Canon) Palpatine's Force Lightning actually bent Mace's Lightsaber blade, a weapon that all previous records shows to be basically completely unalterable.

Mace Windu is basically the most accomplished Lightsaber combatant in the history of the galaxy, pre New Jedi Order. The way Vaapad (Mace's style) works is that he creates an emotional loop, feeding off of his opponents (in this case Palpatine's) darker emotions and uses that to strengthen himself and weaken his foe. He beat Palpatine hands down in the Lightsaber fight, had Palpatine employed the Force in a more offensive manner (which he didn't want to do, so that he could turn Anakin) he would have won. Easily. In the RotS novelization (which no, Lucas didn't write but because it is describing the events of the movie it is G-Canon) Palpatine's Force Lightning actually bent Mace's Lightsaber blade, a weapon that all previous records shows to be basically completely unalterable.

Palpatine bending lightsaber blades...like a BOSS!

Pretty much. Just that one feat basically means he can incinerate any Force User in the history of Star Wars with a mean look barring the Skywalker line.

Very few Force Users can resist Palpatine's lightning. Yoda and Luke Skywalker are cheif among them.

No hes not a reincarnation of Palpatine, he has his own backstory is own childhood. Nothing connects the two of them together.

There is one thing: Body jumping. Both can do it. Palpatine did it with clones (and nearly took over baby Anakin Solo), and Vitiate does it with his "Children of the Emperor" after they've had years of training/conditioning.