Community Blog Post Discussion: New Year’s PvP Update

CourtneyWoods

It took wow years before it was a successful pvp game man, wow was full of bugs and glitches at the start, it took them years before it was successful enough to host tournaments and everything which is not even happening anymore, because the PVP side of the game's been shrugged off so hard.

It took them 4 years to even fix the warrior charge glitch (LOL)

You must not have played wow at release, that's all i have to say, if you did u would know that no game is solid and perfect 2 weeks after the release of it.

Actually i did. Just dunno how BW can make worse and more clunky combat system 7 years after.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took wow years before it was a successful pvp game man, wow was full of bugs and glitches at the start, it took them years before it was successful enough to host tournaments and everything which is not even happening anymore, because the PVP side of the game's been shrugged off so hard.

It took them 4 years to even fix the warrior charge glitch (LOL)

You must not have played wow at release, that's all i have to say, if you did u would know that no game is solid and perfect 2 weeks after the release of it.

It also took them like 8 months to even release battlegrounds after launch, and when it did the queue system was a broken mess, which took them an expansion pack to straighten out.

Actually i did. Just dunno how BW can make worse and more clunky combat system 7 years after.

Take's time for thing's to be optimized and fixed, this game was released as a platform to build a great game off of, great things do not get built over night, it takes time.

I'm excited to see this game 6 months from now.

Edited by ogchad

what about some level 30 pvp gear and can you put mods on everything blue and up so we dont all look like clones of each other at level 50 i mean if i was to buy a level 20 pvp set let me change the mods on every single piece not only chest legs and helmet let me change boots glove and belt and stuff to this will help us not look like clones at level 50

This is garbage. Ilum should not be the only place for world PvP. Why couldn't you let PvP servers be PvP servers? Raid boss guards everywhere even at the smallest quest hubs, funneling opposing factions away from each other throughout the leveling process. World PvP on PvP servers is something that should start right out the gate, not be thoroughly discouraged throughout the game and ultimately limited to some 'end-game' zone where your incentive for PvP basically comes down to a daily quest like in Rift. There's a reason why the bulk of the PvP population left Rift within the first six months, and you're piggy-backing off of the same mentality.

This game is more and more being touted as nothing more than a single-player/co-op game, and all you've done with your terrible attempt at world PvP implementation and your destruction of the concept of a PvP server is push players toward the eager anticipation of Guild Wars 2. Good job on that.

Actually for world pvpers that game would be ArcheAge not GW2

Well I understand that the ability lag in warzones wouldn't be something he'd discuss in a blog that's intended to sell people on playing the game, but it's good to see that most everything else that we're concerned about is being addressed.

I'm confident that come february our pvp experience will be massively improved :)

The brackets should already be in. Those should have been in today's update. It is impossible to queue for PVP anymore without facing level 50's in purple expertise laden armor who just destroy everyone who isn't in the same. (This is even worse when it is a GROUP of them all in the same guild.)

Note that is the case on a freaking Roleplaying server.

The solution is to get those brackets in ASAP or to put in some decent expertise gear for the level 45+ range instead of making it more or less the sole property of the 50's.

Get better? lol

You can't.

I like how he tried to use the warzones as a benchmark for PVP health between factions. I call shenagins on that part. The Empire dominates in Open World PVP due to sheer numbers and the fact that a disproportionately large number of them play Inquisitors.

Great news Bioware!

About the world pvp in Ilum, yeah Empire is much bigger than Republic right now but i think is very easly to fight against that unbalance problem... we can always do this:

When an instance gets with high number of Empire closes and keeps openned for Republic players.... Then a new instance opens to try to get equal number of empire and republic.

Hi any fix in regards to the bug that seems to me lower rank Valor players get a higher% drop rate chance for gear in bags?

There is serveral threads in the pvp forum about this broken Rng system people opening as many as 40 bags and no gear inside at valor rank 55+ and other opening 6 bags and getting 100% items at valor rank 20 .

Please add valor requirement to all gear so we dont have to feel even worse about the rng system

thanks

This. I'm 3 for 25 bags at valor 54.. some ting wong