Community Blog Post Discussion: New Year’s PvP Update

CourtneyWoods

Why only bracket the level 50's? They need to have 10 level brackets like 10-20/21-30/31-40/41-50

or 10-19/20-29/30-39/40-49/50's (i guess this if lower levels never get expertise gear)

just my opinion on the matter.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fortune bowl of tears have been heard!!! O_o I just have to say one thing to those that thought Bioware is only about the pve content DERP DERP!!!

Good lord! ive never seen a bigger bunch of arse kissers. They put out an idiotic pvp system that has chased a bunch of players off and you guys get all amped up at the PROMISE of a fix. How about their total ineptitude for the past 3 years during development. It took 3 yrs to make this crap and u think they can fix it in a month.

Sigh...

I think SWTOR is the most pvp-wisely balanced mmo which is in its first couple of weeks. And if this progress continues, they really should bring out an arena system.I am about to die to be able to play rated arena matches in SWTOR. I didn't understand what they meant with team vs team combat. Did they mean an arena system?

Good lord! ive never seen a bigger bunch of arse kissers. They put out an idiotic pvp system that has chased a bunch of players off and you guys get all amped up at the PROMISE of a fix. How about their total ineptitude for the past 3 years during development. It took 3 yrs to make this crap and u think they can fix it in a month.

Sigh...

Lets face it, the people that left already most likely never intended on staying to begin with as they are content with their old games that have had years to polish.

Oh, and spending years developing an entire MMO is COMPLETELY different from concentrating on a smaller part of the game to fix/balance. You think there is just one single department working on this game? They have multiple teams for different sections of the game.

Faith for what? Whats happened? Aint PvP gonna be a big joke after the changes anymore?

Adding brackets is going to make PvP a joke? Adding incentive to open world PvP with rewards and more valor is a joke? Ya ok.

I don't understand what you're saying... haha

Just saying that copying WoWs all PvP features 1 to 1 aint gonna fix the issue that makes TOR PvP a joke, if your character doesnt do what you tell it to do when supposed to whole PvP system is broken. Whole combat system with clunky mechanics and action delay problems while doing PvP makes any serious PvP impossible.

Why only bracket the level 50's? They need to have 10 level brackets like 10-20/21-30/31-40/41-50

or 10-19/20-29/30-39/40-49/50's (i guess this if lower levels never get expertise gear)

sure, for those who enjoy 30 min queues... :rolleyes:

this sounds FANTASTIC.... We need an INCENTIVE to capture these bases. Whats the point of capturing a base? I dont see any epic loot worth fighting for..

Also in regards to warzones... please allow premades... There are arguments both for and against but seriously this should be allowed. Ive seen pugs do phenominal things when they listen and work together,.... Ive also seen a team of 4 really coordinated be torn apart by another group unwilling to help.

Also the resolve bar needs some fixing....ive had many guild members and other players as friends tell me of this..

But I like the ideas mentioned....

another good thing to have would be to allow groups to stay in group after warzones.... and for the love of gawd... please allow warzones we win to count when we win them for our dailies!!! I dont know how many times ive won a WZ only to have it NOT count against my weekly and daily... Frustrating as all hell!!!

K thanks!

Additionally we’re looking at ways to enable team vs. team, more level brackets and the ability to choose which Warzone you want to play in.

^ was in the post, learn to read.

Very happy with the new update, and am glad you're doing something about it.

Those of you that constantly compare this game to wow and ***** and moan, go back to wow.

SWTOR has been out for a total of 2 weeks i think now, you expect all the bugs and other issues to be addressed in this time? i don't.

All i have to say is you must not have played WOW at release, because it was pretty *********** terrible, and took them a long time to sort out everything.

It took them 4 years to fix warrior's charge, nuff said. (lol)

Edited by ogchad

this sounds FANTASTIC.... We need an INCENTIVE to capture these bases. Whats the point of capturing a base? I dont see any epic loot worth fighting for.!

They could prolly add some fortress where faction that holds it can do some operation for epic PvP loot. Now that i would like to see in an mmorpg.

They really need to do something about the balance in this game, in every aspect.

First of all, there are way too many imperials out there. It's worse than I thought, I knew dark side would be popular (every multiplayer game ive played that has a light dark option is dominated by the dark side), but this is just out of control. It's 4 to 1 on my server alone. The reason huttball is the most played WZ is that the imperials are soooooo overcrouded that they get funneled into imp vs. imp huttball in order to accomodate all the "sheep" who play bandwagon factions (sry 4 the insult but its true)! If everyone joins the same team theres no competition and the PvP will become boring.

Second since when does a dagger beat lightsaber? I understand rogues I rolled one in WoW so I know there needs to be some give and take when it comes to stealth characters.

Third Sorc's are WAY op!...I understand the idea of a frontloaded toon, but if ur going to do that they need to have some sort of weakness. Instead you give them a better bubble than the melee classes, WEAKSAUCE imo!

Fourth the WZ's are too small. It needs a variety of sizes ranging from small to large. Think AV vs. WG.....

Fifth Jedi/Sith melee toons are underpowered for a ranged world out there.

Sixth the over all balance is lopsided. Stealth characters have stealth ranged have ranged and melee have cq combat. Everyone should be penalized accordingly. ie Because I have the ability to go stealth lower my damage output in combat and force me to backstab and stun to do damage instead of allowing me to do both...OP imo! Sorcs should be a glass cannon instead of an Iron one ya know!

Anyhow, I will give it a little bit longer but I dont know how long ill last as its just a one sided affair at this point. Everyone went Sith and ruined the competitive aspect of the game. I hate to say it but I can also sense a bit of favoritism in the design leaning towards the Empire. Even the lil doll that comes with the game is a boot licking Sith!

I went light side because I wanted a challenge. I would hate the PvP just as much if we were the ones steam rolling everyone out there due to overwhelming numbers, really what fun is that? I knew what to expect so this isnt whining about losing. When I saw that the Sith only won 53% of the matches I was shocked. On my server it feels like they win 80-90% of the time. I rarely find myself in open world PvP that isn't a 4 vs. 1 ********. Its absolutely ridiculous. I wanted a challenge but this isnt even a game. Its just a Sith show!

sure, for those who enjoy 30 min queues... :rolleyes:

I'd rather wait 30 minutes then play someone potentially 20+ levels above me with a better tree build and more abilities. The queue times are not going to take that big of a hit, and if they do, so what, it's a mmo, go do other things while you wait...

Removing Companions from Ilum doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but whatever. I sincerely hope this is something that is only restricted to the west side of the map, and not in effect for the whole planet.

Overall, a good bullet list of changes to look forward to. Illum will still be a mostly pointless pvp planet, but at least all the losers who are currently standing 20 feet from each other trading the same node back and forth every ten seconds without fighting will have to go through the motions of killing each other for their loot bags.

Lets face it, the people that left already most likely never intended on staying to begin with as they are content with their old games that have had years to polish.

Oh, and spending years developing an entire MMO is COMPLETELY different from concentrating on a smaller part of the game to fix/balance. You think there is just one single department working on this game? They have multiple teams for different sections of the game.

Adding brackets is going to make PvP a joke? Adding incentive to open world PvP with rewards and more valor is a joke? Ya ok.

You hit the nail on the head bud, these guys that cry and moan must not have played other MMO's at launch, i've yet to see one game that was solid at launch and didn't have bugs, using wow for an example... it took them years to sort out stupid glitches and bugs in there game, i'm glad to see that not even 2 weeks after release BW is listening to it's players and is actually doing something about what has been a big issue to the PVP community, Unlike blizzard that does nothing but ignore the pvp community and sucks the pve community's ***.

another thing is why are there soo many of one type of class on a pvp match? i played a match where everyone was a sorcerer... constant bubbling. no one can get a kill. almost all the players on their team got unbeatable player or higher. how are we supposed to win a match with no distribution of classes?

They really need to do something about the balance in this game, in every aspect.

First of all, there are way too many imperials out there. It's worse than I thought, I knew dark side would be popular (every multiplayer game ive played that has a light dark option is dominated by the dark side), but this is just out of control. It's 4 to 1 on my server alone. The reason huttball is the most played WZ is that the imperials are soooooo overcrouded that they get funneled into imp vs. imp huttball in order to accomodate all the "sheep" who play bandwagon factions (sry 4 the insult but its true)! If everyone joins the same team theres no competition and the PvP will become boring.

Second since when does a dagger beat lightsaber? I understand rogues I rolled one in WoW so I know there needs to be some give and take when it comes to stealth characters.

Third Sorc's are WAY op!...I understand the idea of a frontloaded toon, but if ur going to do that they need to have some sort of weakness. Instead you give them a better bubble than the melee classes, WEAKSAUCE imo!

Fourth the WZ's are too small. It needs a variety of sizes ranging from small to large. Think AV vs. WG.....

Fifth Jedi/Sith melee toons are underpowered for a ranged world out there.

Sixth the over all balance is lopsided. Stealth characters have stealth ranged have ranged and melee have cq combat. Everyone should be penalized accordingly. ie Because I have the ability to go stealth lower my damage output in combat and force me to backstab and stun to do damage instead of allowing me to do both...OP imo! Sorcs should be a glass cannon instead of an Iron one ya know!

Anyhow, I will give it a little bit longer but I dont know how long ill last as its just a one sided affair at this point. Everyone went Sith and ruined the competitive aspect of the game. I hate to say it but I can also sense a bit of favoritism in the design leaning towards the Empire. Even the lil doll that comes with the game is a boot licking Sith!

I went light side because I wanted a challenge. I would hate the PvP just as much if we were the ones steam rolling everyone out there due to overwhelming numbers, really what fun is that? I knew what to expect so this isnt whining about losing. When I saw that the Sith only won 53% of the matches I was shocked. On my server it feels like they win 80-90% of the time. I rarely find myself in open world PvP that isn't a 4 vs. 1 ********. Its absolutely ridiculous. I wanted a challenge but this isnt even a game. Its just a Sith show!

game's been out for 2 weeks man, takes time for things to happen, at least they are listening and trying.

You hit the nail on the head bud, these guys that cry and moan must not have played other MMO's at launch, i've yet to see one game that was solid at launch and didn't have bugs, using wow for an example... it took them years to sort out stupid glitches and bugs in there game, i'm glad to see that not even 2 weeks after release BW is listening to it's players and is actually doing something about what has been a big issue to the PVP community, Unlike blizzard that does nothing but ignore the pvp community and sucks the pve community's ***.

And yet it was succesful PvP game unlike this. Pro PvPrs spit on this game and no one cant see this played for cash ever sicne the combat mechanics are so ****ed up.

And yet it was succesful PvP game unlike this. Pro PvPrs spit on this game and no one cant see this played for cash ever sicne the combat mechanics are so ****ed up.

It took wow years before it was a successful pvp game man, wow was full of bugs and glitches at the start, it took them years before it was successful enough to host tournaments and everything which is not even happening anymore, because the PVP side of the game's been shrugged off so hard.

It took them 4 years to even fix the warrior charge glitch (LOL)

You must not have played wow at release, that's all i have to say, if you did u would know that no game is solid and perfect 2 weeks after the release of it.

Wow lost 90% of it's pro PVP community, and most are now playin SWTOR.

Go look up 90% of the players that used to go hard in tournaments for cash, they are no longer playing wow, maybe thats because wow is no longer suitable for tournaments, or because the game has became joke from a pvp standpoind, or maybe both.

You dont know what you're talking about.

Edited by ogchad

"pro" pvpers just want the same content instead of relearning the game. The game needs a few tweaks (mostly sorc/scoundrels and brackets are needed) but overall the pvp is pretty good in this game.