Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

Lightstrake

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, where did we find this out, or is it just kind of insinuated? I totally missed that.

Just speculations, noone can be sure. Its either fake or Revanites somehow managed to give the mask to Revan. As for the second option - if it were true, it must have happened somewhere between the Maelstorm Nebula prison and the Foundry flashpoints but it's unlikely that Revan traveled to Dromund Kaas just to meet this cult and reclaim his mask. BUT he somehow knew about the Revanites when you talk to him in the Foundry... strange. After you tell him that there was a cult founded in his honor, he answers: "So I heard, not what I would have wanted, given the things I did". Still, revanites probably did not knew anything about Revan's true location, as far as they are concerned, he killed the Emperor and claimed his place. :p Nutjobs... or are they really?

First option seemes more likely I guess. :rolleyes:

Or, in my opinion - the truth is that BioWare story writers simply did not think about it. :p

Edited by Deviss

After playing The Foundry last night I was shocked to see both HK and Revan, and didn't really know what to think at the time. Those were my two favorite characters, not just in Star Wars but almost all video games.

Looking back I'm just disappointed. I expected to run into Revan at some point but not in this pathetic way. Someone saying they "changed the ending so they could possibly reuse him" just seems to be another indication of the laziness of the writers.

Also, what happened to Revan's companions? I know he said they were all killed (which is also stupid btw) but I wanna know what happened to Jolee! Everybody's favorite black jedi!

I think they didn't want to set Revan or anything related to him/her into the spotlight.

Still...it's been a few weeks since I've met Revan, I've seen a lot of other content since. But it doesn't feel any better. Maelstrom is fine as a flashpoint but it comes much too early and much too easy. The Foundry ending...well, it's just lame.

Revan disappeard without much of a trace after Kotor 1. Why not let us discover where he went? It must have been a lonely and uncanny path. Would have been nice to discover remnants of Revan's memories about that in some remote place (or just "travelling" through his memories via a holocron) and finally meet Revan (would it really have been so hard to let players decide whether Revan's male or female? I think not) and be able to have a looong talk for those who are interested. I didn't want to fight Revan at all - not as a Jedi, not as a Sith), but for those who'd want to do that, there could also have been a fight.

I know writers at BW know how to create such stories in a fascinating way...I wonder why they were held back.

Edited by Linn

I think they didn't want to set Revan or anything related to him/her into the spotlight.

Still...it's been a few weeks since I've met Revan, I've seen a lot of other content since. But it doesn't feel any better. Maelstrom is fine as a flashpoint but it comes much too early and much too easy. The Foundry ending...well, it's just lame.

Revan disappeard without much of a trace after Kotor 1. Why not let us discover where he went? It must have been a lonely and uncanny path. Would have been nice to discover remnants of Revan's memories about that in some remote place (or just "travelling" through his memories via a holocron) and finally meet Revan (would it really have been so hard to let players decide whether Revan's male or female? I think not) and be able to have a looong talk for those who are interested. I didn't want to fight Revan at all - not as a Jedi, not as a Sith), but for those who'd want to do that, there could also have been a fight.

I know writers at BW know how to create such stories in a fascinating way...I wonder why they were held back.

They weren't. They just decided it was a better thing to sell this story as a book, so they could get more $$. As a result we got Revan novel, which feels rushed, and contradicts both previous games, but hey, they at least released a book about Revan...(what is funny for a book called Revan there isn't as much Revan in it as one could hope there would be)

(Imo the book is not worth it. Better to borrow it from a library than pay for it. Though if you buy it, it always has a nice cover).

Revan was never about being honourable, that was the whole point about his character and why he fell to the dark side in the first place. He pursued the Mandalorians zealously which is how he came to find Dromund Kaas and be corrupted by the Emperor in the first place.

I think as well, it's part of BioWare trying to move Revan out of the spotlight and let the characters of this era take over. It felt more like a great reference for KotOR fans (of whom the majority of TOR players likely haven't picked up), rather than as substantial as it could have been. Remember this is The Old Republic, not Knights of the Old Republic.

I agree it felt like a cop out and his 'vanishing' act at the end is likely there so they can pull him out again at some point in the future.

as kreia said, revan didn't fall to the dark side... he chose to gain power by any means necessary to defend what he belived in. hell even in the foundry, he resisted 300 years to the emperor's torture... in the end he never gave up.

And IMO revan's backstory in the unknown regions and the emperor's true indentity and plans, should be entangled, and since we all know very little about both of them, i think in a future expansion / operation, we will all know what happen.

i think the oficial canon is revan = male exile = female

as for your ideia, as long as they dont invent something like caverns of time (like WOW) im cool with it.

as for the last part, i think they don't quite know what to do with revan just yet... although this ending for him is quite revolting

They weren't. They just decided it was a better thing to sell this story as a book, so they could get more $$. As a result we got Revan novel, which feels rushed, and contradicts both previous games, but hey, they at least released a book about Revan...(what is funny for a book called Revan there isn't as much Revan in it as one could hope there would be)

(Imo the book is not worth it. Better to borrow it from a library than pay for it. Though if you buy it, it always has a nice cover).

Ya...sad thing.

I'm ignoring the book. I know Revan's intended to be male and so on. It just doesn't work for me. As for Lord Scourge - he truly is a marvelous and charismatic companion. His links to Revan...let's just say I don't care. ^^

as kreia said, revan didn't fall to the dark side... he chose to gain power by any means necessary to defend what he belived in. hell even in the foundry, he resisted 300 years to the emperor's torture... in the end he never gave up.

And IMO revan's backstory in the unknown regions and the emperor's true indentity and plans, should be entangled, and since we all know very little about both of them, i think in a future expansion / operation, we will all know what happen.

Whether you like it or not Revan did fall to the dark side twice, before Kotor and in TOR since he was clearly insane and his last words before disappearing. Kreia clearly doesnt know what she is on about. And we pretty much know revans backstory, and the emperors plans from the Revan novel and ingame references.

Alright, let's see now.

At the end of Foundry (Imperial) we don't get an explosion, we don't get a body either, he just disappears (at least to my eyes, last time I was still trying to dps him and he's just gone). The massively weakened Revan is thus only defeated, not necessarily destroyed. It is entirely possible that he escaped. Remember that he hadn't long escaped the Emperor's clutches, and his mind and body were a wreck. But such a tactician would have made sure he had a way out as needed, so the chances of him being utterly dead, are slim. Remember, we don't find either his armour or weapon, which would have been left by transition to a force ghost, nor a body.

And let's not forget HK-47, many people are forgetting that we have a genius grade assassin droid that's spent a decent length of time in charge of a droid making machine. It's a certainty that HK-47 has backups of his form and memory core from this, and with the original destroyed, that may well lead to a number of annoyed duplicates roaming the galaxy.

Hmm, vanishing and not leving a corpse.. ring any bells?

Obi-Wan!

He's dead, more evidence saying he'd dead than that he's currently recovering in some cave on Hoth, waiting to get stronger and warn the republic. His story time is over, nothing more to tell about his character, This is not KoToR 3.. it's TOR and it's about these new character's story not about Revan.

If you can't deal with that you probably shouldn't play this game anymore since he is very unlikely to appear again.

• 3 months later...
I have no doubt Revans knowledge/command of the force is way higher than any one of them. Revan might be or is "the" number one best tactian in all of Star Wars. Another thing you should remember is, the farther back in history you go the greater the Jedi and Sith were, on top of that non of them know how to use both the light and the dark side as he does, he's the only Force user for a....very....very....long time to remain completely neutral and not falter ( This is all revolving around the current Revan not his time as sith or knight.) On top of his expertise of being a warrior, his knowledge is turned into power. nuff said.

And there was 1 key thing that led in Revan's defeat against the Emporer in the book. It was apparently he didn't have the solari crystal in his lightsaber which would have left Meetra oppenly to kill the Emporer since dark siders can't use a lightsaber with that crystal inside.

I definitely see why Revan is one of the most strongest Jedi in the galaxy with a proficient connection to the Force. It takes us back to what Kreia said in KOTOR II: "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force." So Revan was definitely powerful and deserves to be proclaimed that.

Also, what happened to Revan's companions? I know he said they were all killed (which is also stupid btw) but I wanna know what happened to Jolee! Everybody's favorite black jedi!

Um...well from what I remember from the Revan book, there is a mention of most of them when he sets off in his quest, Jolee and Juhani I'm pretty sure went back to the Order, eventually died, Mission and Big-Z started a company, Revan didn't want to spoil that for them so he left them out of it, Carth he needed to keep the Republic Military strong. As for what happened to Canderous, Bastila and T3...errm...well...<cough> read the book can't tell you that.

I don't think Revan was killed he just faded out on the darkside arc, in the light side story he survives and lives on, so I think we'll see more of Revan in the future, it would be interesting to see him interacting with Satele Shan in some form or another.

The Jedi Prisoner was well written and they got Kyle Katarn to do his voice. What more do ya want? The Foundry was poorly written and it was obvious the chest was there because we wouldn't actually be able to kill him. He most probably used "Fold Space" to escape.

I'm guessing all this might have been said before, but I don't have time to read through all the pages. Back to work...

He either folded space or died in a dark side burst. It's important to note that when you fight him, he has a passive 'Balance of the Force' and when you beat him to half health, it becomes 'Power of the dark side.'

Story wise: Yes, he did fall to the dark side, and he was at least partially insane when freed in the blueside flashpoint and when you face him in the redside flashpoint. Everyone says he influenced the Emperor for 300 years while the Emperor fed on his power, but everyone ignores that while he influenced Vitiate, Vitiate likely influenced Revan as well, as Revan's 'extermination' plan is probably not something he would come up with on his own, and Vitiate's plan is also of extermination, but on a much larger scale. [i.e. everybody]

It's a tragic 'end' for Revan, but he wasn't a particularly special character until Obsidian got their hands on him and Kreia made him sound like Old republic's version of Anakin skywalker. 'heart of the force' and all that rot.

WARNING *SPOILER ALERT - SPOILER ALERT* DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT IT TO BE SPOILED******

As many players of the Empire know, there's a flashpoint where you enter a Foundry area [i'm mainly Republic so I don't know the name] and it was owned by Revan. I knew Revan had to be alive during the game even before I found out about the flashpoint. I had reasoning with Revan being so strong in the Force, he can survive 300 years as Yoda did for 800-900 years.

I was glad they gave him a face to his mysterious stranger personality of masking his face. [Did anyone catch the reference? ^_^] But the way you left his story was just horrible. I'm sorry, but the way HK was destroyed too was pretty bad as well. In KotOR II you have a mini-quest to repair him, and I'm sure if you had the chance to do so again you would, but he won't be the same and I'm positive the Empire just destroyed him.

Revan had such a rich history and made the KotOR games amazing. Revan was the star of it, not the Wars, not the companions, Revan. His book was amazing and answers some left-over questions we had such as the Emperor, True Sith, the Exile, etc. I just don't like how you left him like that was horrible.

His death should've had been more honorable and even make the most ruthless Empire players feel bad about killing him. I hope you plan on doing something with his death like maybe he transported through the Force or something. I know it was time to say good-bye to our faithful friend, but I just think it should've been more cinematic for him. He is the one of the only reasons why The Old Republic was made and had so much success because KotOR players knew the back-story.

I hope you enjoyed part of my rant, just sad to see his death this way instead of another way.

Revan doesn't die!he vanishes before you can kill him.

My hatered for the sith is what stops me turning >:p

nvm i was just remembering something a jedi once said about hate leading to the darkside.

Jedi code

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force.

Sith code

peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

Edited by xephoniphulus

He vanished about as much as the victims of the South Korean airlines "vanished". He exploded. Death is a leading cause of "missed days of work" in people that suffer from explosions.

HK is not being brought back to life. Revan makes it explicitly clear: HK is dead. Any repairs result in a whole new HK, he will "never be the same".

You guys aren't mad that it's a bad story, you're mad because your favorite character is mortal.

It's ok, we all felt the same way when Ned Stark got the axe.

Revan didn't die this person is a liar about revan dying because they obviously didn't play the foundry.

Hmm, vanishing and not leving a corpse.. ring any bells?

Obi-Wan!

He's dead, more evidence saying he'd dead than that he's currently recovering in some cave on Hoth, waiting to get stronger and warn the republic. His story time is over, nothing more to tell about his character, This is not KoToR 3.. it's TOR and it's about these new character's story not about Revan.

If you can't deal with that you probably shouldn't play this game anymore since he is very unlikely to appear again.

Force Ghosts/becoming one with the force are indicated by leaving some physical evidence behind(ie. clothes)

on the Sith side, usually indicated by red explosion. even then the body would be dead before vanishing.