Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

Lightstrake

He vanished about as much as the victims of the South Korean airlines "vanished". He exploded. Death is a leading cause of "missed days of work" in people that suffer from explosions.

HK is not being brought back to life. Revan makes it explicitly clear: HK is dead. Any repairs result in a whole new HK, he will "never be the same".

You guys aren't mad that it's a bad story, you're mad because your favorite character is mortal.

It's ok, we all felt the same way when Ned Stark got the axe.

Tell the people at star wars wiki to fix what they wrote about revan then :p I thought for the most part they were pretty accurate about the info that they put up or they indicate that it clashes with canon or that its not canon at all. I for one don't care if hes alive or dead, but it would be nice if the posts about him being alive or dead could be put to rest.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys aren't mad that it's a bad story, you're mad because your favorite character is mortal.

Considering a driving point behind KotOR2 was that very fact, I'm incredibly surprised that people aren't aware of this more in regards to Revan. :U

Jedi/Sith are just mortals with power. They live, they breathe, they bleed, they die. And sometimes, it doesn't exactly take much.

Sion commits suicide after you talk him into it. Nihilus had his tie to the force severed, and was slain. Traya was cut down in a one-on-one duel with the Exile, and easily the more powerful of the trio.

Revan is just a man, end of the day.

Tell the people at star wars wiki to fix what they wrote about revan then :p I thought for the most part they were pretty accurate about the info that they put up or they indicate that it clashes with canon or that its not canon at all. I for one don't care if hes alive or dead, but it would be nice if the posts about him being alive or dead could be put to rest.

Wookiepedia is a horrifying inquisition of refuse and except for looking for small details about obscure topics, is a waste of internet space.

The leaps and bounds they try to go through to argue that Dooku was not Yoda's padawan is disgusting and shows that what they care about is being the deciders of apocrypha, not the preservers of canon.

HK is not being brought back to life. Revan makes it explicitly clear: HK is dead. Any repairs result in a whole new HK, he will "never be the same".

Yeah, he does say that. I figure HK's memory core was destroyed in the fight so even if it looks like HK, HK it ain't.

Also, you are wrong in my case. It's the story, not the mortality. I felt that the explanations crafted for Revan were weak and the decisions he made to depart and fight the True Sith made little sense, partly due to his mortality. Also, TOR is set 300 years later and focuses on a new batch of heroes. Revan's time was in the past. He should not have had a place in TOR.

Yeah, he does say that. I figure HK's memory core was destroyed in the fight so even if it looks like HK, HK it ain't.

Also, you are wrong in my case. It's the story, not the mortality. I felt that the explanations crafted for Revan were weak and the decisions he made to depart and fight the True Sith made little sense, partly due to his mortality. Also, TOR is set 300 years later and focuses on a new batch of heroes. Revan's time was in the past. He should not have had a place in TOR.

Did you play the Foundry?

Yep. Why do you ask?

Just making sure since the criticism of the Foundary is completely without merit if someone didn't actually do it.

As far as I'm concerned, if Revan was going to appear, this was the perfect way to do it, and end it. It was, literally, an epic and amazing experience with a great conclusion to the story.

If your complaint is that his ending should not have been in this particular timeline, that's great, I can understand and empathize with that.

But this notion that if he's going to end here, this is bad because no less than 57 Jedi should be fighting him at the same time with a rotation of 42 healers...yeah that has no basis.

And no, Revan does not "Deserve better".

Just making sure since the criticism of the Foundary is completely without merit if someone didn't actually do it.

As far as I'm concerned, if Revan was going to appear, this was the perfect way to do it, and end it. It was, literally, an epic and amazing experience with a great conclusion to the story.

If your complaint is that his ending should not have been in this particular timeline, that's great, I can understand and empathize with that.

But this notion that if he's going to end here, this is bad because no less than 57 Jedi should be fighting him at the same time with a rotation of 42 healers...yeah that has no basis.

And no, Revan does not "Deserve better".

No, I do not view Revan as somebody who can chew through entire armies and such. My complaint is that the storyline leading up to him being in TOR makes little sense. In my opinion Revan's story should have ended in the 300 year gap between the games. I had no complaints about Foundry itself, other then the fact that Revan even appears in TOR. He's a ghost of the past and should have stayed there.

No, I do not view Revan as somebody who can chew through entire armies and such. My complaint is that the storyline leading up to him being in TOR makes little sense. In my opinion Revan's story should have ended in the 300 year gap between the games. I had no complaints about Foundry itself, other then the fact that Revan even appears in TOR. He's a ghost of the past and should have stayed there.

This is a fair complaint and I can empathize with it, because Drew is a bad writer and his novel was horrible.

But, the novel exists, and that leaves us with a need to conclude Revan's story. In this case, his story was concluded well. I mean if it were up to me, he'd have gotten lost while exploring the Unknown Regions and starved to death like Amelia Earheart.

You would've found his bones on a planet somewhere with a psychotic HK that can't accept his death building a shelter around his long rotted corpse.

Wookiepedia is a horrifying inquisition of refuse and except for looking for small details about obscure topics, is a waste of internet space.

The leaps and bounds they try to go through to argue that Dooku was not Yoda's padawan is disgusting and shows that what they care about is being the deciders of apocrypha, not the preservers of canon.

I wouldn't say that they are going leaps and bounds in trying to state that he wasn't yoda's padawan, but merely pointing out that some books/novels/comics conflicts in what episode 2 states. I think they were trying to inform people that they might come across some information that conflicts with the movie, but I see your point.

HK does come back, Revan might die, but if you think HK goes away you are wrong, HK is worse then any sith lord, he refuses to die, he refuses to give in. Two bucks says he escapes his new sith masters with blaster in hand calling every meatbags.:mon_trap:

But I'm sure Revan will come back one way or another, maybe force ghost maybe not, can't wait to find out.

This is a fair complaint and I can empathize with it, because Drew is a bad writer and his novel was horrible.

But, the novel exists, and that leaves us with a need to conclude Revan's story. In this case, his story was concluded well. I mean if it were up to me, he'd have gotten lost while exploring the Unknown Regions and starved to death like Amelia Earheart.

You would've found his bones on a planet somewhere with a psychotic HK that can't accept his death building a shelter around his long rotted corpse.

Yeah, that, or, the Sith Lords, recognizing him as a viable threat due to him supposedly being a tactical genious as well as a powerful Jedi, ambushing him whilst he was on a mission and stranding him somewhere before launching their assault on the Republic. I say stranded instead of killed because if they had killed him then the shock of his death would've at least been felt by Bastila (via their force bond) and tipped the Republic off that something was wrong, in effect sabotaging their own plans. They could also have had him captured and forced him to watch as they begin to destroy the Republic he'd sworn to protect. Or they could've always just followed the arrogant path and killed him and be done with it.

The novel was great if you ask me, and Revan needed to be in this game if simply to give him a death. The game, if you like or not, is based on a game focused on him.

The novel was great if you ask me, and Revan needed to be in this game if simply to give him a death. The game, if you like or not, is based on a game focused on him.

I genuinely have no opinion on the idea of him being IN the game because it was such a foregone conclusion that I didn't bother giving it any thought. It's SWTOR, of course Revan was going to appear, the question was were they going to make it successful and a climactic, worthy conclusion?

That they did.

Really great debates and answers. As I said before, he needs to have an ending and I say this should be it. But as a Republic player, we get to see the Force Ghost of Meetra Surik telling Revan how his anger blinded him. [Thus his Foundry part I believe] and sparking out what I said earlier. I find him nearly identical to Arthas. I've given my reasons on Page 2 I believe.

I hope when he does die, he could have a bloodline of Shan's follow, with Bastila for start and Vaner.

And alas, the Exile is now One with the Force.

Did you loot Revan's corpse? Did you watch him fall to the ground and breathe his last breath? If not, then what makes you so certain he is dead? A dead man leaves a corpse. Edited by Thudd

I can't stand Revan. To me Revan reads like some bad GM inserting their favorite personal character into the campaign they are currently running and making that character better then all the PCs. Oh yeah, Revan was respected by the Mandalorians, Oh yeah Revan mastered both sides of the force, oh yeah people built statues to him/her, oh yeah Revan is so cool don't you want to follow Revan and become a member of his cult? Revan even came back from the dead, clearly Revan must be our savior. Oh yeah Revan actually took over the entire Empire as well! See how coooooooooool Revan is? I'm betting Revan's power is over 9000!

So tired of hearing about Revan, SWTOR's own Mary Sue.

My favorite moment on my Empire side characters so far has been betraying the stupid little cult of Revan to the Empire and getting them all wiped out.

Yes I know he was the main character of KTOR, but good god his story doesn't read like a good story with an even character it reads like a Dragon Ball Z progression of let's keep making the hero more and more powerful and having him fight more and more crazy things just to prove how cool and powerful he is.

That and the entire reason why the jedi order is ok with him is that he helps kill the guy he drug into the dark side of the force. Nice, that's like giving somebody a medal because after they blow up a Dam on purpose to flood a town they have a change of heart and fix it. You really don't get much credit for at best cleaning up your own mess that you caused on purpose.

Do you feel better now that you blurted all your hatred out? :p

If you don't like Revan and her story that's fine by me. Just don't try to re-educate us on the matter, please. It wouldn't hurt you, if BW put in something for Revan fans now would it?

And in case it would - against overwhelming odds - hurt you, you could just skip the Revan thing, just like you did not really have to play the Revanite part. There's enough other content to progress your character to a higher level..so..easyyyy...there is no emotion... :o

Let me try and clear up a few things here, I've been RPing as Revan...and I mean..."only" as Revan for just about 9 years. I have played threw the Jedi Prisoner flashpoints, then watched The Foundry Flashpoint on youtube. They are not Republic Version or Sith Version, its Republic side happens first, then the Sith side happens. At first I thought he's not just dead he's turned to nothingness...which made no sense. Revan redeemed himself he wouldn't fall dead into darkness.

I noted most ppl believe he simply vanished and will return I pray not as the Emporer. What I think would be most best case...Revan winds up being a companion for all Republic classes, HK winds up a companion for all Sith classes. Highly doubtful but we can dream. For me worst case is he is made emporer or taken over by the emporer. Ultimately I don't believe he is done in body, even after his body fails, he'll return one with the force.

Oh, and as far as "Dead man leaves a body" "yoda and obi-wan didn't" Lightsiders don't leave a body, darksiders do.....also dark siders ate too many cookies.

Edited by JediMasterRevan

Guarantee Revan isn't dead. Even the dialog at the end of the Imperial flashpoint mentions that there's no body "but we do need to confirm our kills, after all."

When you "kill someone" and he doesn't crumple to the ground in a bloody heap but instead hovers in the air and mysteriously vanishes in a purple flash only to have someone obviously point out that he left no body... in the business of storytelling we call that "foreshadowing."

I noted most ppl believe he simply vanished and will return I pray not as the Emporer. What I think would be most best case...Revan winds up being a companion for all Republic classes, HK winds up a companion for all Sith classes. Highly doubtful but we can dream.

Your best case is my worst case.

I think, out of all possible outcomes, him dying in the Foundry is the best case scenario, because that leaves four other options:

1) Your option, where he becomes someone else's sidekick and errand boy.

2) He becomes a raid boss, and ends up spending the rest of his days as a gear slot machine.

3) He does nothing but stand around while asking you to do things as a quest giver - as a man that was always about doing things himself when possible, that's pathetic and demeaning.

4) He only gets a token mention in the annals of history and is otherwise forgotten entirely.

Let the man die, so that the new generation can continue his work in honor of his memory. He had his time, let it be someone else's.

Your best case is my worst case.

I think, out of all possible outcomes, him dying in the Foundry is the best case scenario, because that leaves four other options:

1) Your option, where he becomes someone else's sidekick and errand boy.

2) He becomes a raid boss, and ends up spending the rest of his days as a gear slot machine.

3) He does nothing but stand around while asking you to do things as a quest giver - as a man that was always about doing things himself when possible, that's pathetic and demeaning.

4) He only gets a token mention in the annals of history and is otherwise forgotten entirely.

Let the man die, so that the new generation can continue his work in honor of his memory. He had his time, let it be someone else's.

This. Revan had his story, it was KOTOR 1. SWTOR is the story of your character be it a Sith, Jedi, smuggler or whatever else; not Revan. If Revan is ever in SWTOR again it should be a minor part, and it should be as a force ghost or holocron.