Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

Lightstrake

No they got better over time where has it been said that the old jedi/sith were better then the newer?, ok...now wait a minute. If he is fighting Vader, then how would he be able to block/absorb force lighting and still not get cut down by Vader?

How is this so hard to imagine? If someone has a high enough degree of force ability they can just paralyze whoever and however many people they want. And, as someone has already mentioned, Revan had (as of kotor 1 & 2) probably the second highest force "power level" ever in the entire expanded universe (luke being the first).

Okay, so he focuses, paralyzes all three, mentally suppresses any powers they try to use, and disintigrates them with force lightning. In the magical world of magic, basically any bs can go, it just depends on what the writer wants.

spoilers for kotor games, xanth, haruhi

Revan was described as "the swirling eye of the force". He had plotonium to the max. Essentially being the chosen one of the universe, if you've ever read the crappy Xanth books he was Bink PLUS ridiculous powers, if you've ever seen Haruhi his power was a toned down version of the title character. Essentially, the universe would take care of him, and the magnitude of his power was so great anything he did, went, and anything that went wrong was just the world doing what's best for him.

They couldn't go up in force power in the sequel because it was literally impossible- they could only go sideways or transcend it. Revan was the infinite source of the force and the Exile was the ultimate black hole/absorber of the force.

It sounds like they've gradually played down these qualities, first in the novel and second in swtor. The bottom line is it's their story and they can mangle it any way they want :)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revan's a better saber duelist than all of them and if you read the book you'd understand he would both absorb lightning with the force and with his lightsaber, he can even deflect it back with his saber. Again....the farther back in history you go...the "better" the force users were.

To much fanboy...must resist..cannot...!

Canon wise Darth Sidious would make Revan his toyboy.

And deflecting lightning back is not a big deal. Even Mace Windu did that. Btw Sidious is also a great lightsaber duelist so was Dooku and Anakin/Vader, don't forget that.

And you really think Revan wins vs Sidious Dooku and Vader, all at the same time!? Delusional fanboy, thats all. Sorry but i can't take you serious. Your name, and your delusional way of thinking = Fanboy and no use to discuss this actually.

Revan didn't die in the fight at the end of Foundry, there was a cut scene at low health, and he disappeared on the group, as well as HK we was rebuilt and taken to a later instance, but in all honesty I would love a mission, where i can remake HK and have him kill off my annoying robot and have my ****** robot assassin again...

It can be argued that the Warriors of old tended to tap into the gray areas and sometimes downright dark zones in terms of Light and Dark sides.

Also, in terms of Saber combat, Revan would have an advantage, since lightsabers were fairly common compared to the ROS and post ANH era's.

On the other hand, anyone in those era's who -did- use a lightsaber were always powerful and skilled.

Makes for a rather small pool of challengers.

Since we can't have them duke it out in a round-robin, we might have to agree to disagree.

No they got better over time where has it been said that the old jedi/sith were better then the newer??

Kreia said this in Kotor 2. Something along the lines of "If you could see the power of the ancient sith compared to the current sith, the modern sith would seem like children playing with toys."

During the fight, Revan stops at 2% and then turns into a flash of light and disappears.

I don't know about you guys, but that doesn't like something a dead man does. That sounds like something a guy who is getting an operation later is getting.

If you remember, Obi-Wan "disappeared" but we know he died.

Revan is alive, we know it and will return like Arthas. I just hope he returns to his senses before we're forced to kill him...

its fine. nobody ever dies in star wars. EVER. NOBODY. EVER. DIES.

its the most obnoxious thing about star wars and it makes me want to yell curse words really loudly, but dont worry. nobody f'ing dies in star wars. theres no such thing as consequence in star wars.

**** **** **** **** **** its so lame. we already know HK lives so he can do whatever the **** he did in SWG. and same with general grievous

WHY DOESNT ANYONE DIE IN STAR WARS? the emperor is stupid 1000 years old or whatever. darth krayt is an idiot and so is his author because hes present for every single thing that ever happened in star wars.

i need to lay down

its fine. nobody ever dies in star wars. EVER. NOBODY. EVER. DIES.

its the most obnoxious thing about star wars and it makes me want to yell curse words really loudly, but dont worry. nobody f'ing dies in star wars. theres no such thing as consequence in star wars.

**** **** **** **** **** its so lame. we already know HK lives so he can do whatever the **** he did in SWG. and same with general grievous

WHY DOESNT ANYONE DIE IN STAR WARS? the emperor is stupid 1000 years old or whatever. darth krayt is an idiot and so is his author because hes present for every single thing that ever happened in star wars.

i need to lay down

Greedo died for not shooting first.

During the fight, Revan stops at 2% and then turns into a flash of light and disappears.

I don't know about you guys, but that doesn't like something a dead man does. That sounds like something a guy who is getting an operation later is getting.

He explodes.

I'm pretty sure he is dead.

Jedi Knight spoilers:

The Emperor's Voice dies in the same way as Revan: crackling purple lightning, a big flashy white explosion, and that dude is without a doubt 100% dead. Lets also not forget that Revan repeats Malak's final words "...as the -DARKNESS- takes me..." and Darth Chin ain't turned up since the Star Forge went ka-boom either.

Edited by WhoDaresWins

I don't think this has been said but i apologize if it has:

"Certain dark side users, upon being killed, would explode in a blast of blue energy. Emperor Palpatine exploded in this way in 4 ABY after being thrown down a reactor core shaft in the second Death Star by a redeemed Anakin Skywalker. In 9 ABY, Joruus C'baoth also exploded in a blast of blue energy after being stabbed by Mara Jade's lightsaber. Other Dark Jedi, such as Darth Nihilus and Jerec did not explode, but rather dissolved into dark side energy upon their death, leaving no remains of their bodies. It remains a mystery why these individuals died in this manner while other dark side users, such as Count Dooku, did not.[25][37][9][30][5]

Mysteriously, when Shaak Ti was struck down by Galen Marek and thrown into the mouth of a giant sarlacc, she died in a way similar to the explosions mentioned above, but was in no way a dark side user. The reason her death occurred in the manner it did has yet to be clarified. It may be that this occurs when a more powerful force-user is killed and thus force "side" affiliation may be irrelevant.[38]"

- http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_side_of_the_Force

The way Revan Dies is very much in line with the way a powerful user of the force esp someone powerful in the dark side in the extended universe...

Revan is dead guys sorry... if they bring him back i will be dissapoint... Unless of course he could come back as a ghost which is in line with the lore... but it saddens me so many people want this game to go the route of WoW where they re use the same boss over and over screaming IT WAS MEEEEERLY A SET BACK!

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS!!!

Malgus Fixes HK-47 and you have to fight him again...

( apologizing in advanced terrible speller ) If Revan really did die like this :( thats just a dissapointment it would of bin cool if they had him fight along side you in future raids or dungeons like they did in wow with thrall and friends w/e. i mean the book was a bit pathetic i think the exile should of died at the least in a fair fight :(. Revan is my absolute favorite charicter out of everything ive ever played so on so fourth if the foundry was truly his end well that breaks my heart :( i mean yea it might be time for him to take a bow and another hero to step in but at least kill him off epically or make him a part of a class story line more then a mention here and there his story was mostly the reason i even picked this game up just because it always left people wandering and wanting more.

Revan was never a demigod until KOTOR2 painted him as such.

Rather, Revan was never a demigod until some ppl who misunderstood KotOR 2 painted him as one. Then came Drew with Bane and made it all even worse, and followed with Revan novel that was overkill. It would be for the best if they had let him truly die rather than suffer in hands of writers that don't care.

What they should do: make revan go into hiding obi wan/yoda style and eventually you go and seek him out to try and get him to come to help the empire/republic and share his power with you or whatever. so like any old master the only way he will share his secrets with you is if you defeat him first, not kill of course but just defeat. this way he can continue to pop up as a background character for important events but you never actually kill him with some cheesy death scene ala arthas in icecrown.

what they probably will do: make you kill him ala some cheesy arthas death scene. i have a feeling hell come back with some super foundry army and try to take over the galaxy and the sith and jedi will have to work together to defeat him or some nonsense.