Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

Lightstrake

lock this thread its getting tedious and boring with people flaming each other and telling each other a lie or a truth Revan doesn't die for the last time. there is no bells that ring even if he *died* there would have to be something that proves he is dead.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then u r a fail jedi if u succumb to hate. i know the sith code and jedi code as all KOTOR fans should...

Jedi code

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force.

Sith code

peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

I think what he/she meant was that he/she hates the Sith so much that he/she will never join their side in battle. They would much rather fight against them in hatred then join them.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the Revan fans. It is just not fair to kill Revan in such way, i just do not believe it! There are lots of people who loved the original adventuries of Revan, KotOR 1 and 2. Those people really waited for years to see the end of the Revan' story. Many people who plays this mmo now are the fans of KotORs. Yes, in ToR Revan is not the main character, but he is part of it! According to the book and the whole Revan's story - the events that we see during the game are the cosequences of his actions in the past. The developers chose this to start the story of The Old Republic. I mean that the foundament of SW:ToR is KotOR and without the foundament it will crash.

I am Revan's fan, it is true. In my opinion it would be the best not to put him in the game entirely, the cult of Revanites would be enough and there were some other missions that involved Revan's actions...

Just why put this character to the game and kill him? I just do not understand this thing. But as people said before, he is not dead yet probably, there was no body left!))) I believe that BioWare will save him somehow and return him in future content for all fan's satisfaction, i mean KotOR and Revan fans)) And others, they are neutral i suppose =)

It is great to see such topics, it seems hat I'm not alone who got dissappointed by the Revan's story in ToR. Revan's fate had enough drama, he was a hero, he was a villian, he fell and he rised again, he confronted the most evil things in the whole world and yet he survived, he lost everything during his path... It is just not fair to see the end like this. For me he is the best chracter in Star Wars universe, but i think that people do not care about other personal feelings of others in our days. And this is not good if that is true.

There you go, it was the scream of my soul.

As for the Foundry FP - the task is DEFEAT Revan, not KILL or DESTROY, so I think that he escaped anyway.

And don't forget that Revan = profit, we WILL see him again later, i'm sure ;)

Why are you necroing every Revan thread with the same canned post?

Emm, this is only the second, cause the other one topic is not so popular =)

Actually I did a mistake to put this message to the other topic, because at first I typed this whole message in other thread. When I found this theme I forgot that the reply window that was opened in the second tab of my web browser was not the reply window of this thread =)

I'm sorry, I didn't want to give any trouble.

Edited by Morten_Harket

I just dont understand some of you guys, all this discussing about the actual Revan story ... but you need to be sure that he will be back and that he will get this time a longer spot light. (As TOR continues this way, i am sure BW will make at least a game saving try with an Revan Content addon.)

• 2 weeks later...
I wanted to see him meeting Satele and so forth..... That was one of the most important moments and it is just '' Well he met the council and gathered the army ''...brushed away like it is nothing. Hell Revan BUILT the game's story. Why the hell would you not show us his sort-of reunion with his legacy in Satele ?! Even a little moment between them would've made the story 100 times better..... But what can I expect from the company who destroyed Mass Effect in 5 minutes .......

WARNING *SPOILER ALERT - SPOILER ALERT* DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT IT TO BE SPOILED******

As many players of the Empire know, there's a flashpoint where you enter a Foundry area [i'm mainly Republic so I don't know the name] and it was owned by Revan. I knew Revan had to be alive during the game even before I found out about the flashpoint. I had reasoning with Revan being so strong in the Force, he can survive 300 years as Yoda did for 800-900 years.

I was glad they gave him a face to his mysterious stranger personality of masking his face. [Did anyone catch the reference? ^_^] But the way you left his story was just horrible. I'm sorry, but the way HK was destroyed too was pretty bad as well. In KotOR II you have a mini-quest to repair him, and I'm sure if you had the chance to do so again you would, but he won't be the same and I'm positive the Empire just destroyed him.

Revan had such a rich history and made the KotOR games amazing. Revan was the star of it, not the Wars, not the companions, Revan. His book was amazing and answers some left-over questions we had such as the Emperor, True Sith, the Exile, etc. I just don't like how you left him like that was horrible.

His death should've had been more honorable and even make the most ruthless Empire players feel bad about killing him. I hope you plan on doing something with his death like maybe he transported through the Force or something. I know it was time to say good-bye to our faithful friend, but I just think it should've been more cinematic for him. He is the one of the only reasons why The Old Republic was made and had so much success because KotOR players knew the back-story.

I hope you enjoyed part of my rant, just sad to see his death this way instead of another way.

like i'm sure many others have said HK get's rebuilt as you see him in the False Emperor the last flash point on Illum also Revan does not die in the Foundry Flash point and you should listen to his dialogue more when fighting him and i'm sure there will be more content from Revan and Hk47

My problem with the treatment of Revan is two fold.

First of all, Revan was a cipher for the player to write themselves onto, while giving him an interesting backstory. TOR basically removed that player-proxy status, and players are upset by this.

Second, Revan didn't NEED to be written out. It was three hundred years later. He should be dead of old age, barring any other kind of end. He was gone. His story was over.

So ultimately, I feel this was less about given fan service for a favorite character, and more like deconstructing one in a clumsy and haphazard fashion. My more paranoid leanings make me wonder if it was willing character assassination, that someone at Bioware or Lucasarts didn't like how insanely popular the character was and wanted him "ruined."

The "Revan" Novel and "The Foundry" flashpoint are a massive disservice to the fans of Knight of the Old Republic and is better off ignored.

Edited by Barachiel

There is no death, there is the force.

- The Jedi Code

Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force

- Kreia, when discussing Revan

I have heard powerful Jedi can live on through the Force.

- Kira Carssen, regarding the force ghost of Master Orgus Din

During the Foundry flashpoint Revan disappears in a flash of light.

Yes, but it's not *my* Revan or *your* Revan that gets to be a Force Ghost, it's Bioware's Revan, and quite frankly, I didn't care for their interpretation.

Honestly, the character could have been dead of old age or vanished "beyond the Rim" 300 years ago, and it would kept the mystique and unique nature of Revan intact.

I didn't need Revan in TOR, and I sure as hell didn't need to kill him.

I think the Revan book was great, it was cool to finaly get a canon Revan. However, I do think that the way he dies in the Foundry was too downplayed. I liked Foundry all the way to the point were he just dies in a force explosion. There should've been a cinematic and some more epic fightning.

However, he needed to die. Revan's story is over, he failed, and it's great that they actually allow some importent characters to fail.

That sayed, It would however be cool if he returns as a force ghost and perhaps guide the jedi knight as a sort of master?

I mean Revan knows the emporer better than anyone else, he's been in his head for 300 years, who better to guide the jedi who is destined to face the emporer

Edited by Inzuher

WARNING *SPOILER ALERT - SPOILER ALERT* DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT IT TO BE SPOILED******

As many players of the Empire know, there's a flashpoint where you enter a Foundry area [i'm mainly Republic so I don't know the name] and it was owned by Revan. I knew Revan had to be alive during the game even before I found out about the flashpoint. I had reasoning with Revan being so strong in the Force, he can survive 300 years as Yoda did for 800-900 years.

I was glad they gave him a face to his mysterious stranger personality of masking his face. [Did anyone catch the reference? ^_^] But the way you left his story was just horrible. I'm sorry, but the way HK was destroyed too was pretty bad as well. In KotOR II you have a mini-quest to repair him, and I'm sure if you had the chance to do so again you would, but he won't be the same and I'm positive the Empire just destroyed him.

Revan had such a rich history and made the KotOR games amazing. Revan was the star of it, not the Wars, not the companions, Revan. His book was amazing and answers some left-over questions we had such as the Emperor, True Sith, the Exile, etc. I just don't like how you left him like that was horrible.

His death should've had been more honorable and even make the most ruthless Empire players feel bad about killing him. I hope you plan on doing something with his death like maybe he transported through the Force or something. I know it was time to say good-bye to our faithful friend, but I just think it should've been more cinematic for him. He is the one of the only reasons why The Old Republic was made and had so much success because KotOR players knew the back-story.

I hope you enjoyed part of my rant, just sad to see his death this way instead of another way.

Droids can be Rebuilt, according to Canon HK WAS Rebuilt, and According to a Theory of Mine, Revan, along with an entire army of his Sith Soldiers, Survived and lived forzen in Carbonite in to the Era after the movies

No, what you miss is a critical part hinting he's a Force Ghost now. He's still dead.

You missed the part where you cna clearly See Revan Using some kind of Force Repulse Thingy before he died, iff he was wounded and beaten he wouldnt have the power to do that as it would be unnecesary, Revan still lives, maybe Revan "Becomes the Darkness" as the Exile mentoined?

You missed the part where you cna clearly See Revan Using some kind of Force Repulse Thingy before he died, iff he was wounded and beaten he wouldnt have the power to do that as it would be unnecesary, Revan still lives, maybe Revan "Becomes the Darkness" as the Exile mentoined?

Don't count on it. Besides the last words he says is a clear indicator that he's dead. Why else would he repeart the words Malak said when he died?

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think revan died in the foundry..... if you look up the force ability fold space.. it allows a force user to teleport... this is what i hope happened... revan is the coolest character and so much can be done with him, being a master of light and darkness

think about it... come on bioware.. bring him back, and make him play some huge role in every 8 characters story lines when you expand them, NOW THAT would be story telling THAT! would be 100% connecting this game to the kotor games .. THAT.. will also make your fans since kotor super happy!

he has to die.. yes.. at some point.... but he needs to have a much bigger role until that point comes...do not make him some stupid operation boss.... on empire if you remember thana during the taris quests? ... how she would run around with you and kill mobs with you and stuff even though she was npc... do that with revan!.... have him join the fight!. because as much as i enjoy the foundry... i dont enjoy thinking thats his end..... your gonna do that to the beloved character i got to know and love by playing kotor?..... please consider it! :]

He's not dead, and I can sorta prove it. Bioware mentioned to pay atention during the fight and just after. His hitpoints dont go to zero and the thing that proves it is that he disappears in a flash of light. Becoming one with the force is just vanishing no flash of light. Besides he had been corrupted...again during his imprisonment. But back to the flash of light what was that? Look up on star wars wiki the ability called "Fold Space" its a teleport basically. He escaped. But he's still crazy so they'll probably make him into some really big boss later on.