Not everyone wants Looking for Dungeon.

UnderatedNoob

As the title says, not everyone wants this feature. I know I don't. I, like many others, played WoW on and off for many years. Honest to god, when Blizzard introduced summoning stones, I told my brothers and friends that it concerned me a bit... Let alone Looking for Dungeon. Is it convenient? Yes. Does Convenient = better? Not always.

Call me old fashioned, but I actually like the fact that you have to find a group to do a flashpoint. This is just one example of a feature that many people ask for. I personally don't want this feature, nor would I want a majority of the features people are asking for.

I guess the big picture is... Not everyone wants "this or that" feature to be added. Dare I say, I like the lack of features.

That being said. They could make the /who a little bit better. Gonna go play the game... Peace!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As the title says, not everyone wants this feature. I know I don't. I, like many others, played WoW on and off for many years. Honest to god, when Blizzard introduced summoning stones, I told my brothers and friends that it concerned me a bit... Let alone Looking for Dungeon. Is it convenient? Yes. Does Convenient = better? Not always.

Call me old fashioned, but I actually like the fact that you have to find a group to do a flashpoint. This is just one example of a feature that many people ask for. I personally don't want this feature, nor would I want a majority of the features people are asking for.

I guess the big picture is... Not everyone wants "this or that" feature to be added. Dare I say, I like the lack of features.

That being said. They could make the /who a little bit better. Gonna go play the game... Peace!

so, yesterday, I grouped with my wife to do a flash point with her and some people she met., she says "How do we summon you?" I say "you don't" she, says "Lame"

LFD is great, plain and simple, if you don't want to use it feel free not to. I have never once had a problem finding a group since it was implemented in WoW, pre-LFD as a tank, it was sometimes impossible to find a group, if I wanted to run a specific instance that was no longer the current tier.

I have also never once been treated poorly using LFD in WoW, aside from the odd Ninja, but never booted, never rude people, never seen elitism.

The problem is that 6 months - 1 year down the road all of the low level flashpoints will be dead and new players will have even more difficulty finding a group then people are having now. They could get someone to run them through it, but that ruins the whole point of it. The way I see it is BW spent a lot of time and money making all the flashpoints so they will implement some form of a dungeon finder so people don't skip the content entirely.

so, yesterday, I grouped with my wife to do a flash point with her and some people she met., she says "How do we summon you?" I say "you don't" she, says "Lame"

LFD is great, plain and simple, if you don't want to use it feel free not to. I have never once had a problem finding a group since it was implemented in WoW, pre-LFD as a tank, it was sometimes impossible to find a group, if I wanted to run a specific instance that was no longer the current tier.

I have also never once been treated poorly using LFD in WoW, aside from the odd Ninja, but never booted, never rude people, never seen elitism.

Not that its evidence of any kind, but I call BS on that. Either you never actually used LFD or you used it with friends.

LFG tool will be added eventually it's inevitable, indisputable sorry.

Do you need summoning stones? not per say, they should implement one feature RIFT had though, as soon as one person entered the instance everyone got a prompt to get summoned there, why would you want unnecessary travel time? Convenience may not always be a good thing, but in this case? definitely.

Why would i want to sit in the Imperial Fleet spamming for hours on end rather than just queuing up? I'll never understand this logic, and the whole "it destroys community" is so laughably false it's not funny. You avoid this pretty simply.

You put a very high priority on the LFG to group people from the same server (Too many people relate WoWs LFG to what your standard run of the mill one is, and that's simply not a fair comparison, WoW has an ridiculous population therefore it's battle groups are gargantuan leading to very random groups and very rarely do you even get 1 person in your group. RIFT would be a fairer comparison, which BTW went through this whole debacle, no LFG then single server then full on LFG as this game will because people are stubborn and want to hold onto their outdated and obsolete ideas of "community" from a decade ago that do not apply to games 3 years ago never mind the present.)

As much as i wanted to avoid responding to this post even the absolutely moronic (no offense) statement "dare i say i like the lack of features"..... I had to

Edited by Pisky

Not that its evidence of any kind, but I call BS on that. Either you never actually used LFD or you used it with friends.

I lived in LFD, I was easily able to carry even the worst player in LFD, so I didnt care if they were bad. No one ever disrespected me, because I was one of the best if not the ebst tanks on my server, and I knew my stuff.

Even as the a raid geared tank, pre-LFD it would sometimes be impossible to get a group to go do Heroic Occulos with me or Heroic Shattered Halls. Post-LFD, I can get a group and rock any place I wanted to.

@ OP. No. I don't have much else to say to you except, "same server LFG". Go ahead and explain the flaws of that. Good luck.

so laughably false it's not funny.

^ Does anyone else find this statement to be hilarious?

Edited by WarTornPanda

WoW sort of had a basis cause the walk was part of the "fun" for some. However in TOR all FP are in 1 area and you mine as well introduce a LFD since you don't have to go anywhere and you are pretty much stuck in 1 useless place anyways looking for a group as it is.

Shame there was a poll where 90% of the pollers admitted they were lying about not wanting LFD.

There was also a poll that said that 100% of the 80% of the people who did not want lfd actually did want it, but didn't want to admit to it for fear of being told to go back to wow.

I lived in LFD, I was easily able to carry even the worst player in LFD, so I didnt care if they were bad. No one ever disrespected me, because I was one of the best if not the ebst tanks on my server, and I knew my stuff.

Even as the a raid geared tank, pre-LFD it would sometimes be impossible to get a group to go do Heroic Occulos with me or Heroic Shattered Halls. Post-LFD, I can get a group and rock any place I wanted to.

people hated occulus....thats why no one would group for it..i don't know why though it was a stupidly easy instance crap to do but easy.

i'm not completly against a feature to aid grouping i just don't want a feature that does what lfd in wow does for this game, i don't feel it's needed here and it wasn't needed in wow either.

their should be limits placed on such features and that is why lfd in wow is so bloody awfull at times.

now i rarely had a bad run in there when i played my main, but then i hated using lfd so much i did look for server groups...was actually quicker for a dps as well than waiting in the que mostly.

yet for all the good runs i had in lfd the bad runs were trully worthy of frapsing to post on a website for everyone to laugh at, the lfd gave people far to many freedoms they should not have had as they just abused it and other players.

add one sure but do it right.

I guess the big picture is... Not everyone wants "this or that" feature to be added.!

But the vast majority do. And it will be put in at some point, already confirmed. But it should have been in at the beginning, I've had the most problems finding groups in this MMO then any other, and have had to skip a lot of the FPs because of it.

people hated occulus....thats why no one would group for it..i don't know why though it was a stupidly easy instance crap to do but easy.

i'm not completly against a feature to aid grouping i just don't want a feature that does what lfd in wow does for this game, i don't feel it's needed here and it wasn't needed in wow either.

their should be limits placed on such features and that is why lfd in wow is so bloody awfull at times.

now i rarely had a bad run in there when i played my main, but then i hated using lfd so much i did look for server groups...was actually quicker for a dps as well than waiting in the que mostly.

yet for all the good runs i had in lfd the bad runs were trully worthy of frapsing to post on a website for everyone to laugh at, the lfd gave people far to many freedoms they should not have had as they just abused it and other players.

People hated Oculus cause they sucked on the last boss. For some reason when you throw 3 new buttons in front of players it confused the hell out of them. I guess I shouldn't complain cause blizzard added that awesome goody back with the blue drake which I got on 2 characters cause I always completed Oculus. Always.

Yes please don't add LFD/G tool. I really love inconvenience, general chat spam and generally hateful atmosphere that this game creates. It makes it far easier for me to laugh at the game when it shows no actual intrest even looking like it can be taken seriously as an mmo at times so yeah.

No LFD, I dislike being given options to use such tools. Inconvinience everyone just becouse I love seeing the message "lfg" and if Im ahead on planets on my levels / late on planets on my levels I cant go to new instances becouse no one my planet wants to do them. Makes me feel that 'special'.

I don't want LFG for the simple fact you have no idea who you're going to be paired up with. If someone wants to tank a dungeon for me, I like to check out their gear and such and see if they're worthwhile. With LFG, you could get some noob who just hit 50 and has no gear at all to tank.

Nuff said.

As a tank LFD was a godsend

I went from taking anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour or not finding a group at all, to instant Queues and clearing some heroics in under 10 minutes.

If you are a good player, LFD was for you, cause it didnt matter what your group was, you could solo just about every instnace. If you were a bad player, and had trouble finding people to carry you in LFD, well, get better. I was more than happy to carry people to clear a dungeon, but many times when I was carrying people I could tell that if they had a newbie tank instead, the group would fail, and there would probably be issues.

Groups failing, has nothing to do with LFD, and eveything to do with bad players.

As a tank LFD was a godsend

I went from taking anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour or not finding a group at all, to instant Queues and clearing some heroics in under 10 minutes.

If you are a good player, LFD was for you, cause it didnt matter what your group was, you could solo just about every instnace. If you were a bad player, and had trouble finding people to carry you in LFD, well, get better. I was more than happy to carry people to clear a dungeon, but many times when I was carrying people I could tell that if they had a newbie tank instead, the group would fail, and there would probably be issues.

Groups failing, has nothing to do with LFD, and eveything to do with bad players.

I agree. LFD was easy and simple no matter what role you were as long as you were good. Things were a breeze and people don't complain when you blast through content. The funny thing is I felt like I had more control over the success of the group as a DPS then when I healed simply because I could carry the damage and do enough that the others were just "there".

The problem is that 6 months - 1 year down the road all of the low level flashpoints will be dead and new players will have even more difficulty finding a group then people are having now. They could get someone to run them through it, but that ruins the whole point of it. The way I see it is BW spent a lot of time and money making all the flashpoints so they will implement some form of a dungeon finder so people don't skip the content entirely.

It's funny the anti-LFDers always ignore and never respond to the person who posts this^

WoW didn't implement an LFD to make the game more conveniant, they put it in because lower-level content wasn't getting used and new players were missing out on ALOT of content. TOR will be no different 12 months from now. The LFD is coming, it's just a matter of when.

Id settle for, at the moment, a better way to list yourself for specific flash points, along with your role.

In 6 months, though, trying to level an alt and do flashpoints, its gonna be alot more difficult than it is now. Most will just get a lvl 50 guildy or 2 to run em through.