PvP Seasons increased to 16 weeks long with 7.5

BryantWood

Of course they won't do that. Longer you care about the decos you'll buy and never even use, longer you'll have the incentive to waste time on this garbage expansion. Devs get to be lazy without putting any effort into the game as usual and you won't complain that you don't have things to do ingame. 6 months from now, when people start to expect things, devs will simply waste 2 minutes to change UI and call it 'exciting.' :)

• Like 5

This isn't Sony HQ sadly :'D And I doubt that downvoting the game on Steam would get us anywhere
These forums lack a downvote button. That would put things into perspective a bit more.

The PvP community eagerly awaits patch notes whenever there is an update/patch. "Maybe the Devs will actually make steps to address the concerns of the majority..not all..but majority of players. This recent change pushed me over. medpads....medpacks....really? really... sure, let me add these to my 9,000 that I currently have thanks. New player needs some? great play a few matches and theyll get double digit volumes for their inventory. Devs are so disconnected, it literally boggles my mind. 

so... 

image.png.18a677c9ef922691e46d7f494d92fd98.png

Maybe Ill go check back in with LOTRO pvp. hmm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

great STIMS! those will go nicely with the other 6 billion stims I have laying around..

seriously though is anyone even surprised? Regardless of the state of the game the PVP community was still objectively healthier before they made the decision to remove ranked. I don't care what anyone says regs now or should I just call it PVP takes long to pop EST prime time SF what ever you want to call it compared to literally a few months before they removed ranked I was getting almost insta pops for regs

I choose not to say much because these forums are a pointless space because the devs will never listen to us. Just look at their faces during the "pvp" segment of the livestream. Trying to fake enthusiasm so obviously. If they were actually enthusiastic they would be giving us decent rewards and not just low effort cartel market skins that no one would buy so they ended up on the rewards track. I have not seen a single person wearing any of this seasonal gear and for good reason. Let me get this straight. mega giant SONY will listen to the community and revert horrible changes to Helldivers 2 but the skeleton crew at whatever this dev team is called now can't connect with their remaining tiny handful of players and actually show us they give a crap about us or their game? Pathetic that it takes a few hours of bad reviews for SONY to change their mind meanwhile we have been begging these jokers at SWTOR to stop crapping all over the game for years and they refuse to listen.

its really disappointing that an MMO which has fundamentally some of the best MMO PVP on the market is such a joke now. Im literally going to play Chinese P2W WOW clone Tarisland because they probably give more of a crap about pvpers then this dev team does. Or Throne and Liberty. Nothing that is getting me very exciting but at least its something different because the only changes that happen to this game year after year make it worse.

😮‍💨

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, PoshTS said:

great STIMS! those will go nicely with the other 6 billion stims I have laying around..

Probably not. I bet they won't stack (at first, until they'll patch it later).

If/when they'll stack, they won't stack with the old ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, darksidenerd said:

The PvP community eagerly awaits patch notes whenever there is an update/patch. "Maybe the Devs will actually make steps to address the concerns of the majority..not all..but majority of players. This recent change pushed me over. medpads....medpacks....really? really... sure, let me add these to my 9,000 that I currently have thanks. New player needs some? great play a few matches and theyll get double digit volumes for their inventory. Devs are so disconnected, it literally boggles my mind. 

so... 

Please poke that little tweety bird in the tree tha thas 2hp for me if you do lol

On 5/2/2024 at 11:34 PM, Sveine said:

I often wonder if they play. At. All.

I don’t wonder because they obviously don’t and it is the case for years now 

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2024 at 11:09 AM, darksidenerd said:

so... 

Same also left a very colorful message as reason for unsubbing. Hopefully I get banned by them or something. At this point its really over there is no longer even a point to try to make our voice or opinions be made because the bottom line is they just don't care.

Just look at the kind of people they have working for them now. The only PVP any of them have ever played has been pizza versus more pizza. Except Musco it looks like there is never anything left for him. It's just a waste of time "hoping game gets fixed" when patches come so far and apart. Like oh I hope 6 months from now they bring back ranked or next year they add a new raid. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

The main problem in PvP is that there's a huge gap in player skill. Here's a link for new players to help them: 

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH98EG1ZT8I7k7uCJifT-l_20fkM6xi5F&si=2RR2pys7Oy1YuUk_

If you just coming in war zones for rewards, PVP is not easy. You actually have to practice, learn how to play good, and know certain things. Don't blame the developers that is harder to get rewards learn to better yourself and become a better player. 

I guarantee you 100% all the PvP problems or most of them will 100% go away if the player skill gap is zero.

For those who don't know, the first 10 years of this game you were able to solo queue and have competitive and even beat pre-made groups that were good because the player quality was equal. 

So in summary, if you want the war zones to improve, improve yourself.

Edited by AocaVII

hello there , just wanted to say I don't like the idea of giving us pvp medpacks/adrenal because all my characters are already overflowing with those things

maybe instead give us 100 cc
or pvp weapons 
or flair

anything but the medpacks / adrenal pls 

😛 

• Thanks 3

Biggest problem with pvp was this season are being 7000 points now they are fixng it and they saved pvp, i dont know how they come up with this ground breaking ideas.

On 5/2/2024 at 6:56 AM, BryantWood said:

Reviewing the way PvP Seasons are released and the cadence of seasons throughout a year, we are going to implement a few changes to PvP Seasons, making them a bit more similar to Galactic Seasons and more predictable. With this change, PvP Seasons will launch with our .X patches and Galactic Seasons will launch with our X.X patches.

how is the current 12 weeks on 4 weeks off schedule not predictable

this honestly sounds like the most out-of-touch change, the rest are just ignoring various facets of the game, this one seems to be ignoring a distinct facet of reality

You guys do realize you're screaming helplessly into the void, right?  They haven't fixed or done anything for PvP in YEARS.  The game is on life-support to milk the last bits of money from a dying, faded player-base.  Do not expect any PvP changes at all that actually fix anything.  

Enjoy the 15 minutes of story every 6-12 months; that's about all you'll get.  I'll be surprised if they ever actually finish the current story before the game shuts down.  

• Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Wilsu_Addar said:

You guys do realize you're screaming helplessly into the void, right?

I'm pretty sure everyone realizes it by now - devs made sure of that. The blatant disrespect to their paying customers has been a consistent trend for a while now.

Edited by VegaMist
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 6:05 AM, Samcuu said:

Vet pvpers have tried to advise them on making the mode a bit more friendly to inexperienced players, but we are ignored

You know by now that’s the devs MO. Ignore the people who actually understand PvP & the game & what needs to happen to make things better or attract new players or bring old ones back. That is why PvP has been getting more degraded over the years because the devs have no idea about their players or the game. They have literally run off most of the PvP community & this is just a slap in the face to those remaining. At this point, every change they seem to make since 5.x is to run PvP further into the ground. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

You know by now that’s the devs MO. Ignore the people who actually understand PvP & the game & what needs to happen to make things better or attract new players or bring old ones back. That is why PvP has been getting more degraded over the years because the devs have no idea about their players or the game. They have literally run off most of the PvP community & this is just a slap in the face to those remaining. At this point, every change they seem to make since 5.x is to run PvP further into the ground. 

Hey you're back and still around ! :p

Sadly I think that indeed they need help with changes because they are absolutely out of touch, my guess is from not playing enough, which I can understand, no one wants to play in the evening to think of work. Yet, if you think about work that much when playing then maybe it's also a sign that the game needs some work too. 😕 Hell, I'm thinking of your work when playing instead of worrying about my own game, that's pretty telling.

I think it's something that swtor PvP at its best is the best out of any MMO, yet now it's in such a state that people don't even want to PvP with their friends because it's just not fun. You see it in every guild when that new player asks "is pvp okay ?" People just say "no" or "wait until you're fully geared then you'll maybe like it".

All this to say. A dev post to answer what this whole thread is about (meaning concerns from the playerbase) would help immensely. Anything, @BryantWood, really. Even just saying "We're reading the feedback, this isn't just an empty thread".

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)

I think the only way to fix PVP is the integrate pvp with the cartel market so it would become profitable for them, unfortunately.

It's a business with people buying lightsabers for $51.00 each, it's much better than what they get from PvP.  I look at the gtn and I see five of them that means five people probably bought them $255 that's like a year and a half membership subbed or more. That's just one item can you imagine how much they're making from hundreds of items?

I know of people that spend thousands on the cm so that's where they are going to pour most of their resources there. How much they gonna make if they add a wz? Or fix things definitely not as much.

As a business, you have to pay salaries, bills etc.

I mean it's bad for us but this is the real world. Hard knock life man.

Edited by AocaVII

49 minutes ago, supertimtaf said:

Hey you're back and still around ! :p

Sadly I think that indeed they need help with changes because they are absolutely out of touch, my guess is from not playing enough, which I can understand, no one wants to play in the evening to think of work. Yet, if you think about work that much when playing then maybe it's also a sign that the game needs some work too. 😕 Hell, I'm thinking of your work when playing instead of worrying about my own game, that's pretty telling.

I think it's something that swtor PvP at its best is the best out of any MMO, yet now it's in such a state that people don't even want to PvP with their friends because it's just not fun. You see it in every guild when that new player asks "is pvp okay ?" People just say "no" or "wait until you're fully geared then you'll maybe like it".

All this to say. A dev post to answer what this whole thread is about (meaning concerns from the playerbase) would help immensely. Anything, @BryantWood, really. Even just saying "We're reading the feedback, this isn't just an empty thread".

As much as heartwarming the comment is, devs don't care enough to take things to heart, never did. Either way, thanks for showing the 'support' towards "us". Appreciate it.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, AocaVII said:

As a business, you have to pay salaries, bills etc.

The main issue is that you can't rely on your IP to carry your cash shop.

I understand the need to make profits. Which is why I stopped complaining about most things cartel market related, though the pricing is definitely out of touch and way, way behind other MMOs who are also relying on their cash shop to survive (hello ESO). The fact that the Broadsword team is 40 people should also mean that they require less money than ESO's 100 people team. Yet, they ask more here. The only logical explanation would be that the cartel market sales aren't transfered to Broadsword but to EA, which then slowly strangles the life out of the dev team by giving them less and less money.

The "you need to pay the bills" argument then doesn't hold because it's clear that cash shop sales have little impact on the dev's budget.

However, they're relying too much on their past knowledge. I'm fairly certain that the situation they're in is absolutely dreadful to most of them. To the point that they don't even want to play the game anymore because it's just that bad to think of work and your team slowly sinking. But then, if the team doesn't play outside of the QA sessions, they start to miss things. They start to forget some things. Like how many medpacks we're getting from playing PvP. They start to forget minor UI bugs like the ones on the crew skills windows. They start to forget that for Nahut NiM you need all dps to have an aoe damage reduction (which some disciplines don't have).

Basically, they're slowly forgetting how their game is, and as such, they can't reliably fix it. They take too long to come up with solutions because they miss the obvious that you notice from investing yourself in the game.

At some point they'll have to either hire new people, to give a fresh perspective on the game. Or start playing with all of us, to see what we enjoy, what works, and what doesn't.

There's also this notion of "brand deposit" and "brand withdrawal". Meaning that each time you're making the game a bit better, you're making a brand deposit. Players like it. They stay. They play. They pay.

Each time you're getting a bit more greedy or focus too much on direct revenues with MTX, you're making the game worse for players with a "brand withdrawal". Meaning they're angry, they leave, they rant, they yell. You'll probably squeeze out a bit more money from someone but you'll lose three players in the process.

My guess is that they got so focused on making more revenues (probably by saying yes too many time to an EA executive without trying to defend in our favor) that now they're probably stuck in this situation of EA asking them to keep going, and them being too afraid to say no, making the game worse each time because too much of their focus goes into satisfying EA and making direct income, butchering the long term income that they'd make from improving the game.

At some point, if you don't ever show the executive that you know better than them to make the game more profitable, you'll end up sinking your whole team. They're experiencing this firsthand

Edited by supertimtaf
Typo
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, supertimtaf said:

I think the fact he hasn't updated his initial post, nor engaged in the discussion at all since it was made, plus 7.5's release date being announced today, and the actual release being next Wednesday tells everyone very transparently that this was an empty thread from the start.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DragoslavRadanov said:

this was an empty thread from the start.

I think we all knew. They don't ask for feedback on controversial topic. Even more when they're aware that the changes are clearly looking bad for players. This is sad, yet I still believed in giving them one opportunity to answer.

If they don't believe that we're worth answering to, that's their issue, with their consequences. Let it be known that we all tried. At this point the issue doesn't lie with the playerbase, that there is also no denial anymore. :rak_03:

37 minutes ago, septru said:

Give up guys. This game will never be what you want it. BroadSword has moved on from the PvP community. Move on from caring. 

Never hurts to do a public reminder sometimes eh
Make everyone believe and hopefull, only to crush all that.
Very Sith, 10/10 would do it again.

Posted (edited)

This new strategy is killing PvP. 20-30 min wait time people quitting PvP altogether now. If anything make the season shorter.

The dev and anyone would agree long pop times, not being able to complete conquest, and get rewards in a timely matter is a PVP killer.

Right now looks like it's on life support.

This PvP is dead. People are sick of of this. 

People can't bare even playing this anymore. It's sickening.

Edited by AocaVII
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.