Conquest Changes Following 7.4.1

16 minutes ago, Thraka said:

For me, the entire point of the game was to be able to play 8 alts and hit conquest on all of them playing 4-6 hours a week. I and my friends were ideal users. We consistently paid month after month, demanded little in terms of resources, and spent additional money buying coins so our alts could have cool weapon tunings, or mounts, etc. We made lesser alts to play with other friends we recruited, and again, spent coins to make sure even the lowbies had some style. It makes absolutely no sense that BS would come after what seems to me a huge subsection of players who are reliable customers. I can't understand what benefit they imagine they will get that will offset the loss of that steady income. That's what I would really like to hear explained.

I've run out of forum likes, but this is my LIKE. What you are saying is what SO MANY of us are saying, feeling, thinking. It's not a sensible decision, and it's pushing people to quit the game not to play more. I don't get it. But clearly, they don't care how many of us quit paying real world money for this game. Odd flex, but it is what it is.

Edited by TahliahCOH
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EricMusco said:
  •  
    • One quick aside on this point before we get to the Conquest change. While we were discussing your feedback we noted one point specifically about Daily Areas and alts. Many Daily Areas required a specific amount of crit path progression before you could access them and so this was a friction point for each alt, especially if you have many of them. We are changing this in 7.4.1c so that the requirement to access Daily Areas is now relevant crit path Achievement (instead of crit path completion on the character), meaning they will now effectively unlock across your Legacy instead of character by character. You are of course still free to unlock them naturally on each character via story completion if you wish, this just gives another path to unlocking them.

This is a great change, and should have been it's own post, not buried here.  It's a step in the right direction for making the game more alt-friendly again.  Especially for me since I use different alts for story then I do for endgame. 

50 minutes ago, captainbladejk said:

This and the daily area thing above on their own are not enough, not by a longshot. There is still a MASSIVE disparity between points available for PVE objectives vs what's available for PVP and GSF objectives.

This though.  Reapeatable heroics, which are incredibly boring, is not a replacement for the 43K conquest points.  Those points let me do things I wanted to do and have fun and still reach conquest.   Your 'substitute' for the lost conquest points is to tell me to basically be bored out of my skull for longer before I can go have fun in the game.

The new daily areas don't even have decent conquest.  The old weeklies and heroics were fun ... 10 years ago.  Sort of fun 5 years ago.  Seriously boring now (and players who have been here since beta have been doing them even longer).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, frutepy said:

I have a small guild that really can't make any high conquest targets right now. Please actually get the point we are trying to get across to you.

They don't care about small guilds. Or solo PVE players. That's what this latest missive from Eric has made abundantly clear. It's okay, though, we can take a hint. I've been becoming increasingly dissatisfied with every new change, and this is literally the last straw for me. I had to rebuild my main after they changed her tactical AND removed her best powers, I've not been able to help my RL friends that I want to play swtor with me by giving them mats to unlock Lokin (without paying MILLIONS for mats I already paid for by sending my comps out to get them), I can't give a crap speeder to a new player (without it costing more than the speeder is even worth, which is NOTHING to me), I can't use Quick Travel for free anymore, repair costs have skyrocketed, and I can't exit my SH to its own planet without paying. Okay, I sucked it up for all that, but THIS, this is the final straw, and I am just done.

I didn't even start out as a solo cq PVE'er, but the game pushed me there because as a solo PVEer, I could get the mats I needed to upgrade my gear without having to do endgame/group/PVP/GSF. The game TOLD ME that I could progress as a solo player if only I had a bunch of alts and achieved the doubled (from 50K to 100K) cq goal. Okay, I shrugged, I will focus on cq, since that's what the devs wanted then, nudged me into it, herded me into it. Then they come along and say, oops, you got TOO much. It's TOO easy. We will take your 43k (with FULL SH bones) away, and now, you will suddenly have more play time (manifested from where?) to do what we want! Yeah, no. I'm done.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, captainbladejk said:

If people can't handle criticism then they shouldn't take jobs like the one he has. If dude hadn't come on here and tried to dev-splain yet again why he's right and we're wrong, and tried to talk down to everyone, I wouldn't have responded the way I did. You don't get to disrespect people then not expect some blowback. Personally I would like to know who his boss is so I can make a customer complaint. 

Out of likes, but I LIKE this post. You're exactly right; it's bad enough that they are essentially telling small guilds and solo PVEers that we aren't welcome to PAY REAL WORLD MONEY to play their game, but to top that off with this holier than thou attitude and to offer up this ridiculous do more Heroics crap is insult.

Are there Heroics, we can one-click, yup. But that's somehow okay, according to these people who clearly don't even actually PLAY the game. So disgusted.

And  I would have just "liked" this post and said nothing, but this game is stupid. Limit how many "likes" I can have, and I will LIKE a post anyway, and then make my own case.

• Like 1

In a situation where single player content& content that needs other people to even  happen give approx as much conquest as fast, then single player  content is always vastly superior by the very nature of it: single player content is always available,100% reliable and entirely predictable. Much of multiplayer content is basically unavailable for you for 12-14 hours a day..on busiest servers. When it IS available, it is unpredictable. In GSF/PvP,  every match has precisely 50% of people participating  losing the match  for starters!

This once again pushes conquest towards being a single player activity. Every multiplayer aspect of this game will  greatly suffer for this change.    

Idea was to appease the crowd  who wants to do very  " short sessions",  but this will prolly have massive effect on everybody who enjoys conquest, no matter how short or long their sessions.

Nothing that takes group finder or matchmaker can ever compete with simply soloing some planetaries, when said planetaries are as rewarding as this.

There are tons of hardcore conq farmers who are quite content doing whatever it is that gives them most conquest as fast as possible.  This change pulls them away from matchmaker,out of  queue pool and squarely plants them in Tatooine, doing some 11 year old planetaries instead. Queue pools and matchmaker will have less people wanting to do multiplayer stuff because of this.

Edited by Stradlin

57 minutes ago, Darittha said:

thank u for bringing back infinite repeatable heroics. pve conquest has been hell for me with many alts. this will ease my burden and ofc the big change - to legacy unlock daily areas for all alts is just amazing. im glad you finally showed some love to pve players since pvp ppl always had their infinite objectives around and not us. great changes coming i cant wait.

Wut? You do understand what has happened, right?

59 minutes ago, Thraka said:

For me, the entire point of the game was to be able to play 8 alts and hit conquest on all of them playing 4-6 hours a week. I and my friends were ideal users. We consistently paid month after month, demanded little in terms of resources, and spent additional money buying coins so our alts could have cool weapon tunings, or mounts, etc. We made lesser alts to play with other friends we recruited, and again, spent coins to make sure even the lowbies had some style. It makes absolutely no sense that BS would come after what seems to me a huge subsection of players who are reliable customers. I can't understand what benefit they imagine they will get that will offset the loss of that steady income. That's what I would really like to hear explained.

I hear you. They apparently believed that since we stuck around after our powers were removed, out Tacticals made useless, our QOL earns were removed, our gifts of crap speeders and mats to new players and RL friends were taxed beyond reasonableness, that we would stick around no matter what they did to spit in our faces (and tell us it's raining).

There's a breaking point, though, and this post by @EricMuscosmashes right though it. They don't give a crap about you, your small guild, what you want or expect from the game. They just want your money. To play a game that is clearly rigged against you. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

I hear you. They apparently believed that since we stuck around after our powers were removed, out Tacticals made useless, our QOL earns were removed, our gifts of crap speeders and mats to new players and RL friends were taxed beyond reasonableness, that we would stick around no matter what they did to spit in our faces (and tell us it's raining).

There's a breaking point, though, and this post by @EricMuscosmashes right though it. They don't give a crap about you, your small guild, what you want or expect from the game. They just want your money. To play a game that is clearly rigged against you. 

See, here's the thing, though. They now no longer GET my money, or that of most of my friends. They won't be getting your money either. A lot of other people have also said they are unsubbing. What I don't understand is how this was supposed to somehow improve their numbers as opposed to send them through the floor. Where is the income stream that this change will create that will offset the loss of subs it causes? Because personally, I am not seeing it.

Lazy and uninspired. I don’t get why the focus seems to be punishing the player base, it’s already at a low number, and with how the games been going, it’s not going to improve. 

So many of the changes on many fronts (pvp, conquest etc) almost make it seem like they just like to punish us. 

I wonder if anyone who works on this game actually plays it anymore, who am I kidding.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thraka said:

See, here's the thing, though. They now no longer GET my money, or that of most of my friends. They won't be getting your money either. A lot of other people have also said they are unsubbing. What I don't understand is how this was supposed to somehow improve their numbers as opposed to send them through the floor. Where is the income stream that this change will create that will offset the loss of subs it causes? Because personally, I am not seeing it.

I have no idea what they imagined sneaking this game-breaking (for solo conquest PVEers) nerf would entail. Obviously, they didn't expect pushback, but they got it. And rightly so.

I waited for them to reverse the decision, but as the days (then week) moved on, it became apparent they were not going to reverse it. So I unsubbed, like MANY of the people in my many guilds. Then this comes out, and it's stupid and useless and tone-deaf. There was no way on this earth that the rep cq was a game breaker, not when PVP and GSF fork our ten times that for just dying a bunch.

I guess they thought that since we stuck around through all the other horrible decisions that gimped our toons, made us rebuild them, and that made playing the game prohibitively expensive by charging crazy amounts for repair and Quick Travel . . .that there was never going to be a tipping point. Well, this rep cq was my tipping point.  And to be clear, it's not JUST this nerf, it's all the nerfs to our powers to our Tacticals to our ability to use Quick Travel for free as subscribing customers to every single failure to fix known issues. It al piles up, and everyone has a breaking point. This cq rep nerf is mine.

For everyone saying "do the math Broadsword" I highly doubt you all have done the math either. Heroics do not take that much time, as a matter of fact you probably did a few while getting the rep during galactic seasons. It was only a matter of time before they nerfed the rep thing, like it was way over tuned. Adding in the heroics promotes more people playing the game, instead of just logging in to push a button then leave.

For those arguing it took time to get those rep tokens, if you are talking about doing a single daily for that pop, really? Oh no it took you 2 minutes to do a daily and get the rep pop. Doing the entire daily area was unnecessary at that point, it is on you for spending more time than you needed to. The seasons ones you could get a low amount token and do the same thing, which you could probably do just by logging in and popping a previous earned token to get more tokens. It wasn't balanced.

As someone who gets over 5 million from time to time for guild conquest on a single character I can't tell you enough how great these changes are. It will make it so I spend less time doing things I hate just for conquest. Heroics really don't take much time, and they at least make you interact more than clicking a token. Many are very quick as well, heck I even made a list for all the quickest for making credits on SV before the transfers. Now that can be used for conquest. I also won't have to think so hard to get the 100k on an alt when I'm not playing as much. I'm very much looking forward to it.

No matter what y'all overreacting big time, just crying you actually have to play the game now instead of just log in and click once to get rewards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

I appreciate the change to daily areas where it will unlock for all of my toons even if they have not completed the story. Since I have been playing since shortly after launch I have a lot of alts across servers and this is actually a change I have wanted for some time. It's a shame it wasn't done sooner.

Beyond that - I don't feel heard or understood, I feel ignored as normal. 

It's just sad. I have stuck around as a paying customer in this game for over 10 years, as have quite a few of my friends, even as we watched others leave due to so many negatively perceived changes that impacted their fun.

Those of us remaining, we have tried hard to create our own fun, despite the changes we perceive as negative. 

Many of the changes feel punitive, and often things are taken from the players rather than given to the players. For example, as many others have stated reputation tokens don't appear out of thin air - you have to do something to get them.

But it just seems the devs / company simply were not happy with the way the players / paying customers were using the rep tokens so a 'let's stop that' change occurred. 

No matter what you want me to do as a player, I don't play the game to do what the devs / company wants me to do - I play for fun not a second job. If I don't like a game then I will find a different one - maybe one where the players / paying customers are more valued.  

As some other posters have eloquently stated or hinted at on various threads the culmination of negative changes that seem punitive against the players is just too much. Why should I support a company that doesn't like me? That doesn't care?

Those of my friends still playing are talking about finding a new game even though they like SWTOR, they understand the company and devs could care less about them being a paying customer and what they enjoy doing.

I don't post often, and I don't post in forums for fun, I post because I hope for change so that I can continue playing with my friends; however, it seems this is drawing to a close.

And as a note, none of my friends typically post in the forums because they feel like it is a waste of time. The ones who left - they did so quietly shutting the door behind them.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Stradlin said:

There are tons of hardcore conq farmers who are quite content doing whatever it is that gives them most conquest as fast as possible.  This change pulls them away from matchmaker,out of  queue pool and squarely plants them in Tatooine, doing some 11 year old planetaries instead. Queue pools and matchmaker will have less people wanting to do multiplayer stuff because of this.

No, it doesn't. No serious cq PVEer goes near Tat. The time spent to cq earned makes Tat a stupid choice. And we don't go near Activity Finder, either, unless we are on the last day before reset and need to make up a bunch of points by running three HSs in a row, which we can solo but are forced to run because devs.

2 minutes ago, Engeopathichero said:

For those arguing it took time to get those rep tokens, if you are talking about doing a single daily for that pop, really? Oh no it took you 2 minutes to do a daily and get the rep pop. Doing the entire daily area was unnecessary at that point, it is on you for spending more time than you needed to. The seasons ones you could get a low amount token and do the same thing, which you could probably do just by logging in and popping a previous earned token to get more tokens. It wasn't balanced.

For those arguing that the rep tokens were bogus, they were removed from the current Season track, so you are tilting at windmills. All other rep had to be earned, is gated (i.e. you can only earn so much rep a week, and only then are you given a token . . . after playing enough to EARN it).

NO ONE is complaining about the Season rep track being removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Engeopathichero said:

For everyone saying "do the math Broadsword" I highly doubt you all have done the math either. Heroics do not take that much time, as a matter of fact you probably did a few while getting the rep during galactic seasons. It was only a matter of time before they nerfed the rep thing, like it was way over tuned. Adding in the heroics promotes more people playing the game, instead of just logging in to push a button then leave.

As someone who gets over 5 million from time to time for guild conquest on a single character I can't tell you enough how great these changes are. It will make it so I spend less time doing things I hate just for conquest. Heroics really don't take much time, and they at least make you interact more than clicking a token. Many are very quick as well, heck I even made a list for all the quickest for making credits on SV before the transfers. Now that can be used for conquest. I also won't have to think so hard to get the 100k on an alt when I'm not playing as much. I'm very much looking forward to it.

No matter what y'all overreacting big time, just crying you actually have to play the game now instead of just log in and click once to get rewards.

Wow. this has no basis in reality. You're perspective is so off it's disheartening. You're "stats" are all wrong. The number of players posting the correct responses to this above are all on point as stated above and below your post. Yes, some of the changes are good, but they in no way offset the enjoyment of playing multiple alts and working the gear currency grind for them by working conquest on multiple toons. This nerf among others with the intent of making us "play" more time on a toon has limited and demeaned us and reduced our game enjoyment.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Oh wow. So while choosing between a hurt pride and a revenue stream for his company, @EricMusco decided his pride (and the prides of the rest of the decision makers) was more important. I hope he has an equally "well written" letter (or perhaps a prepared speech) to justify to his higher ups how sacrificing a portion of revenue (only time will tell how significant) over a reputation token nerf was worth it.

From my personal working experience whenever revenue drops, everyone at the top of any given company notices and they always ask questions.

Edited by VegaMist
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Since you could (assuming you had rep tokens on hand) simply log in and right click a token for thousands of points.

As it was stated many times already, those tokens didn't magically appear out of nowhere, you had to work to get them.

Imagine you come to get your paycheck, and the boss says "Oh, I think you've earned too much for too little effort, so instead of 45k you get 8k. What, you say you need to pay that rent that we doubled some time ago? Ok, you can do the double shifts now to compensate".

This is what your proposed changes sound like. To give an example, I have been saving some Iokath reputation tokens I got back then when I wasn't yet bored with Iokath daily area for a case when I need them, and those tokens did take some time to get. And now you're telling me that those checks I've earned worth 20% of the promised value because you think it's too much.

• Like 8

Wow, the response to this is baffling to me.  When I saw the change, I honestly thought it was good.  To me, that was just another objective that was once again unfairly helping newer players with easy points while screwing over older players like myself with the vast majority of the rep tracks maxxed out LONG before the original conquest changes.

It's a lot like the "Gain a Legacy Level" objective.  Like bruh, I've been maxxed out on Legacy levels since like 3.x, which was before the whole overhaul to Conquest.  This objective is literally useless to me, but it sure helps newer players.  So that's why this change, to me, is welcome.  I'd much rather have infinitely repeatable Heroics, as that is something I can farm easily across all my alts.

But all these newbies want to cry about their ez-ass "literally do one daily on literally any daily area for half your conquest objective done."  Time to put on your big boy pants and get to grinding like the rest of us.  I got 21 toons, and I get conquest done on all of them every week (and I could probably do even more), and I NEVER relied on that conquest objective.  It's not hard if you know how to milk the points (hint: Iokath and Makeb weeklies say hi).

Now, if you're going to buff some conquest points, how about you buff the Section X Weekly objective to give points on par with the time needed.  Even on stealth classes, it still takes 30-45 minutes, so how about you buff that one up to 50k points to be on par with Iokath and Makeb?  That would actually make me interested in doing that objective again, instead of avoiding it like the plague like I currently do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

NO ONE is complaining about the Season rep track being removed.

that was one of the biggest complaints about gs6 lmao

honestly if people put as much effort into actually playing the game as they do into whining on the forums, this whole debacle never would have happened

5 hours ago, EricMusco said:

We are changing this in 7.4.1c so that the requirement to access Daily Areas is now relevant crit path Achievement (instead of crit path completion on the character), meaning they will now effectively unlock across your Legacy instead of character by character. You are of course still free to unlock them naturally on each character via story completion if you wish, this just gives another path to unlocking them.

awesome change, some of the later daily areas are really nice but extremely tedious to unlock on large volumes of alts, and cz-198 farming was getting dull

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, theJudeAbides said:

Wow, the response to this is baffling to me.  When I saw the change, I honestly thought it was good.  To me, that was just another objective that was once again unfairly helping newer players with easy points while screwing over older players like myself with the vast majority of the rep tracks maxxed out LONG before the original conquest changes.

It's a lot like the "Gain a Legacy Level" objective.  Like bruh, I've been maxxed out on Legacy levels since like 3.x, which was before the whole overhaul to Conquest.  This objective is literally useless to me, but it sure helps newer players.  So that's why this change, to me, is welcome.  I'd much rather have infinitely repeatable Heroics, as that is something I can farm easily across all my alts.

But all these newbies want to cry about their ez-ass "literally do one daily on literally any daily area for half your conquest objective done."  Time to put on your big boy pants and get to grinding like the rest of us.  I got 21 toons, and I get conquest done on all of them every week (and I could probably do even more), and I NEVER relied on that conquest objective.  It's not hard if you know how to milk the points (hint: Iokath and Makeb weeklies say hi).

Now, if you're going to buff some conquest points, how about you buff the Section X Weekly objective to give points on par with the time needed.  Even on stealth classes, it still takes 30-45 minutes, so how about you buff that one up to 50k points to be on par with Iokath and Makeb?  That would actually make me interested in doing that objective again, instead of avoiding it like the plague like I currently do.

hey you should work for broadsword

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, recalcitrantIre said:

that was one of the biggest complaints about gs6 lmao

honestly if people put as much effort into actually playing the game as they do into whining on the forums, this whole debacle never would have happened

You can pee into the wind all day long, and literally no one cares.  The true measure of your competence is not how long you can hold your stream but by how long and by how much you can fluff your clients.

As a long-time swtor paying customer, I am done.  Just DONE.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theJudeAbides said:

I DO like the change. It will be helpful. But all of the things you mention are only available once per day. It's fine if you have a huge conquest guild. But if you have a small one you're doing with a few friends, you're screwed.

This is just a symptom of a larger issue that the conquest system has been pared down. The interpreter's retreat and kessen's landing new areas being completely forgotten about with regards to conquest points. Kessen's landing doesn't even count towards ord mantell on pubside.

And the whining about how we should be able to get 21 toons to conquest? Sometimes I can do that. But I have a full time job that quite often has mandated overtime. Can't play swtor if I don't have the money for power, internet, and my subscription. Plus some of us have a life outside the game. It was really nice to be able to have a few casual toons, or even some that I just couldn't play that often, to be able to come on for a short amount of time and get conquest so I could gear up my raiding characters.

Add all these together plus the tone of the original post and you get some frustrated people who feel like our concerns are being ignored. I've tried not to just go off since that usually doesn't help and made some suggestions. But it doesn't seem like they are understanding the idea that most of us aren't thrilled about the idea that in order to successfully invade a planet you have to be part of a conquest guild or play every waking minute.

• Like 3

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

I fully expect this post to get deleted and get warned (yet again).

WHAT ..... A..... JOKE.

It's such an easy fix.... one 45K... 20K for Eternal.

It's NOT rocket science.

No... get more points for doing the same old heroics.

I will reiterate....

WHAT....

A.....

JOKE.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, theJudeAbides said:

Wow, your response baffles me. When I saw the change I wondered why they didn't just undo the very unpopular change that they made to reduce the number of points that people could get from turning in reputation tokens.

Like you, I have been legacy level 50 for several years, and I was not able to earn points from that objective, but I agree that returning the infinitely repeatable heroric objective that we enjoyed in the 6.x era was good and it was a right thing for them to do.

I am not a newbie, and I don't cry about ez-ass conquest objectives.  My feeling on the subject is that I play this game to have fun.  If conquest points were a natural consequence of playing the parts of the game that I enjoy most, then I would be at my happiest.  Instead, the devs select what I need to do to earn points, and that causes me to look at conquest as more of a chore than a part of the game that I enjoy.  I don't enjoy grinding, I enjoy playing, and that is why I disagree with the idea that I need to put on my big boy pants and get to griding.  Also, Iokath and Makeb suck in my opinion and I would rather scratch my eyes out than do them.

Now, I would be ok if they buff section x too, but because it is another daily area that I don't do because I don't like doing it I am also fine with them keeping the points where they are.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

are you

galactic rampage and taskmaster are an enormous amount of conquest points, if i'm paying attention during those weeks, I set my personal guild invasion to medium (2m points) instead of small (500k) because the amount of extra points from just playing the game is so colossal

I might have misnamed them. I'm not talking about the giant 200k+ from Missions Taskmaster Eternal, I'm just talking about the regular 26k-ish Taskmaster currently available from levels 10-71. For the rampage, I was thinking of the one that's 60k for the initial 200 kills, then like 20k daily for 200 kills after that.